Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:14 AM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (77834 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Luckki1001(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
Oga Tumababa, abeg ur boyz need ur help. I am looking to buy this case for my 3GS and don't know where to get it. I know say I fit turn to you since na you be our iFather. Thanks.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by enifome(m): 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2012
[quote author=tumababa]
hello bro can ios 5.0 get jailbreak for untethered on ipad 2
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by lynxnoon(m): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2012
how come no one is talking about The new iPad
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2012
lynxnoon: how come no one is talking about The new iPad
Cos d jailbreak is not yet released grin grin and its still expensive.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by enjoyiPhone: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2012
@ tumababa,

Friend,

I was going through your post, I realized I exactly did what you mentioned in your point 3 embarassed
3. For those using iphone 4 with gevey/rebel chip inside,DO NOT UPDATE/RESTORE YET,even if u dont av the app called cydia. This is because once u upgrade to ios 5 directly, d chip will not work again (for life) because of d added security on the baseband of ios 5. U just need to wait for a full jailbreak on ios 5 before u upgrade while preserving the baseband that works with the chip (Its tricky but if u are patient, u will bypass d security).

I have an iPhone 4 unlocked with Geavey chip. Also had Cydia app. It had iOS 4.3 Mistakenly I pressed the iOS 5 upgrade while connected to itunes on my laptop.
Now as you explained after baseband upgrade my iPhone is now completely dead.. Not even powering on. Not responding to any connection.

Is there any solution to restore back the old OS?? Or anything else so that I can use it

If possible please let me know & I know you won't repair my iPhone for free wink
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2012
enjoy_iPhone: @ tumababa,

Friend,

I was going through your post, I realized I exactly did what you mentioned in your point 3 embarassed
3. For those using iphone 4 with gevey/rebel chip inside,DO NOT UPDATE/RESTORE YET,even if u dont av the app called cydia. This is because once u upgrade to ios 5 directly, d chip will not work again (for life) because of d added security on the baseband of ios 5. U just need to wait for a full jailbreak on ios 5 before u upgrade while preserving the baseband that works with the chip (Its tricky but if u are patient, u will bypass d security).

I have an iPhone 4 unlocked with Geavey chip. Also had Cydia app. It had iOS 4.3 Mistakenly I pressed the iOS 5 upgrade while connected to itunes on my laptop.
Now as you explained after baseband upgrade my iPhone is now completely dead.. Not even powering on. Not responding to any connection.

Is there any solution to restore back the old OS?? Or anything else so that I can use it

If possible please let me know & I know you won't repair my iPhone for free wink

Not powering up? Is there any response in itunes when u connect the dead fone to itunes? Does it say iphone is in recovery mode? If yes, just try to click on restore again. Ur iphone has been upgraded to ios 5 already. So theres no harm in restoring again.
Also i hope u know and av d official sim of d fone cos u will need it to activate with d sim.
Lastly, since u are upgrading to 5.1, forget about jailbreaking for now
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by enjoyiPhone: 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
No its not responding to itunes... just black screen.. even my laptop is also not detecting the phone, as it is powered off.. sad
Any other clue?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 12, 2012
enter dfu mode
enjoy_iPhone: No its not responding to itunes... just black screen.. even my laptop is also not detecting the phone, as it is powered off.. sad
Any other clue?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2012
iPhones in stock today:

1. brand new iphone 4S, 16gig, black,locked to AT&T but unlocked with a gpp sim (no 112 dialing required) in pack with full accessories---85k
2. 6 pieces of iphone 4, 16gig all factory unlocked, 4 blacks---70K each, 2 white--73K.
3. brand new iphone 4S, 16gig,white,locked to 3UK but unlocked with gpp sim, in pack with full accessories---87k
4. brand new iphone 4S, 32gig,black, factory unlocked---125K
5. neatly used black iphone 4S,16gig,locked to AT&T but unlocked with a gpp sim, going for 75K

call 08053250698 if interested.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2012
iPhones in stockĀ 

1. Just like new iphone 4S, 16gig, white,locked to AT&T but unlocked with a gpp sim (no 112 dialing required) in pack with full accessories---78k

2. 2 pieces of white iphone 4, 16gig all factory unlocked, 73k each

3. brand new iphone 4S, 16gig,white,locked to 3UK but unlocked with gpp sim, in pack with full accessories---87k

4. neatly used black iphone 4S,16gig,locked to AT&T but unlocked with a gpp sim, going for 75K

Call 08053250698 or mailĀ tumababa247@yahoo.com if interested
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 22, 2012
This link shows how to unlock ur iphone using d popular SAM in cydia. I tried it on a 4S but didnt complete d unlock cos i was going to church.
Can someone else try it out and confirm? DO IT AT UR OWN RISK!!!!
It should work on all types of iphones

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/unlocking/unlock-your-iphone-4s-with-sam-how-to/
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 22, 2012
tumababa: This link shows how to unlock ur iphone using d popular SAM in cydia. I tried it on a 4S but didnt complete d unlock cos i was going to church.
Can someone else try it out and confirm? DO IT AT UR OWN RISK!!!!
It should work on all types of iphones

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/unlocking/unlock-your-iphone-4s-with-sam-how-to/

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! it worked !!!!!!!!!! iphone 4S, locked to ATnT, ios 5.0.1,baseband 1.0.14, using my glo sim on it, no need for any chip!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2012
using glo ng, no chip

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by RichDad1(m): 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2012
tumababa,
I just got the message about the unlock,shame to applenberry.My brother how can i locate you?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
Rich Dad: tumababa,
I just got the message about the unlock,shame to applenberry.My brother how can i locate you?

real shame to them. they just started taking preorders for iphone 4 high version unlock today. $50. Why did they av to wait till today I'm sure they are shocked about today's news. grin grin grin grin

me i still dey ojota/VI depending on d time u want to see me. call 08053250698 or mail tumababa247@yahoo.com as usual.

i av unlocked 3 4S and 1 iphone 4 today alone. really sweet.

now all my 4S will be sold without chip for the same price, I'm sure the price of locked 4s will now skyrocket cry cry cry
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by RichDad1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2012
@Tumababa,
you've got mail
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2012
Lol so its shame to them now? Na wa for una o. The truth is many will still buy the chip that's if no update is made to SAM because currently it is still working with just a sim.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by RichDad1(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2012
@suntemi,
Like Tumababa rightly said why do they have to wait till SAM is available before taking pre-orders? They already have the unlock but decided to hold it back because apple is paying them for it..Bunch of liars.Anyways God don catch them(they never saw this coming) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Also as for SAM getting updated or Apple blocking the loopholes i guess that will be on another IOS,so anyone using the method now should just refrain from any update from apple but trust me those guys @ iclarified are not sleep either
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2012
sun_temi: Lol so its shame to them now? Na wa for una o. The truth is many will still buy the chip that's if no update is made to SAM because currently it is still working with just a sim.

It works with a sim at a time. Meaning if u plan to change sim, u just do d Sam process again. Again y would u be changing sim anyhow? I like d unlock cos it treats d sim as if the fine is locked to it. U av everything working from FaceTime to iMessage (using ur phone numbers) etc...
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2012
iPhones in stock--

1. Just like new iphone 4S, 16gig, white,software unlocked (SAM) in pack with full accessories---78k

2. 1 piece of white iphone 4, 16gig,uk used,factory unlocked, 73k

3. brand new iphone 4S, 16gig,white,software unlocked(SAM), in pack with full accessories---87k

4. neatly used black iphone 4S,16gig,software unlocked (SAM), going for 75K

Call 08053250698 or mail tumababa247@yahoo.com if interested
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2012
tumababa:

It works with a sim at a time. Meaning if u plan to change sim, u just do d Sam process again. Again y would u be changing sim anyhow? I like d unlock cos it treats d sim as if the fine is locked to it. U av everything working from FaceTime to iMessage (using ur phone numbers) etc...

Well me dey lucky sha cos I for don sell 1 32Gb wey d my hand for 35k. I'm using my Glo on it now.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2012
As many that use SAM to unlock, download the new redsn0w0.9.10.b8 to backup your PRICELESS activation tickets.
Apple is in hot-soup till higher iOS update, probably iOS6!!!
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2012
soft-touch:
As many that use SAM to unlock, download the new redsn0w0.9.10.b8 to backup your PRICELESS activation tickets.
Apple is in hot-soup till higher iOS update, probably iOS6!!!

Exactly. Really hot soup. D cat n mouse game has just begun
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2012
So what do we start calling iPhones like this, "SAM unlocked iPhone 4/4s"?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2012
sun_temi: So what do we start calling iPhones like this, "SAM unlocked iPhone 4/4s"?
Simply call it software unlocked
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2012
You will not believe this, I did a stock restore after the SAM thing then my iPhone was activated without having to jailbreak the Phone. The sim works in it like it's Factory Unlocked.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
I've unlocked 12 iPhones with this method.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2012
sun_temi: You will not believe this, I did a stock restore after the SAM thing then my iPhone was activated without having to jailbreak the Phone. The sim works in it like it's Factory Unlocked.

now u see y i say apple is in hot soup
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
sun_temi: You will not believe this, I did a stock restore after the SAM thing then my iPhone was activated without having to jailbreak the Phone. The sim works in it like it's Factory Unlocked.
which iphone and ios version?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by nyjoseph: 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2012
@tumababa
Please help me. I want to open activate iMessage on my iPad but I can't find Nigeria in the list of countries provided. Also I will like to know whether I won't loose my files if a update from iOS 5.01 to 5.1 over the air through the settings. Please reply ASAP. Thanks
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2012

Confirmed. Just restored an iphone 4,locked to 02, activated it with d mtn sim i used to unlock it with SAM before restoring.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by dastudent(m): 1:59am On Apr 24, 2012
Unlocked two this night.Had to spend the whole evening sorting through the murky waters.Unfortunately,i did not know it was very easy until 30 minutes ago.wierd.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / 2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / Complete Nokia Secret Codes, Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.