Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? (32320 Views)

NLC Nationwide Strike: What's The Update From Your State? / NLC Strike: This Is Not Time To Flex Muscles, Atiku Bagudu Tell El-Rufai / El-Rufai Sacks Nurses Who Participated In NLC Strike, Warns KASU Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by enemyofprogress: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2023
It is going on well in my area. All schools, hospitals, markets, churches and mosques are all closed. Roads are deserted. No light, no water and there is heavy presence of security men in some major areas.
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by asanausana91: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2023
Lukepeter:
Oga it's too early to notice anything yet.

Fight and you may die, run and you may live at least for a while. But there is one thing we should tell our enemies, that they can take our rights but they can never take our freedom.
when you run they have already taken your freedom.

1 Like

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by murphyjoe(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2023
The reason while the strike is not effective it is simply because Nigeria Labour Congress ( NLC) is partisan. It has is own political party. and cannot be seen as being serious calling for strike,when it is seen as being biased towards a party

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2023
Why do some Nigerians who where called POOR MASSES feel is not right to protest

Are we now more beautified by Tribalism than common rights of the poor masses

Throughout Buhari's regime as a democratic President , the NORTH refused to show in any protest against his Government....

Now, some majority of S.W indigenes have refused to participate in this protest where the President is their own person after increasing fuel pump price from #196 - #500 and from #500-#670

While the Dollar rate continues to grow fat now #830

By December if there is no protest, Dollar will rise to #1000...
Fuel pump price will rise to #830

See, Tinubu the half moon President and Senate President said.....

ALLOW THE POOR MASSES TO BREATH.....ALL POOR MASSES IN THE NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST OF NIGERIA.....

Not ALLOW THE POOR MASSES In SOUTH EAST to breathe....
OR
ALLOW THE POOR MASSES IN SOUTH SOUTH to breathe....

So why bringing Politics of divide and act to a mere Protest

APC has killed this country with TRIBALISM AND RELIGIOUS MINDSETS.....

1 Like

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by ChristianMuslim: 9:11am On Aug 02, 2023
As im talking yo you right now, everyone is busy going about doing their business.. meaning they are not ready for protest.. everybody is happy with the situation of the country.. so even me i don dey road.. more reason why akpabio was laughing that let the poor breathe.. see ehn the poor in Nigeria will die miserably.. una dey craze.. una neva chi chom chin

1 Like

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Farid24224(m): 9:11am On Aug 02, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

At this juncture, any man that have an erection to sleep with any woman weather be it his wife, girlfriend, side chic or Olosho should be mobbed and beaten messlessly by the NLC angry

We are on the street protesting for a better Nigeria and your only contribution is to stay at home f*ck and fart after eating beans.

If this suffering continue we will invade and shot down Nigeria

I dey chop beans now sef at home 🥱🥱🥱

1 Like

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by guru90: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2023
My area... bank is working back door...
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by glojid: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2023
Okealaaye:

Exactly my point. Let the strike begin in Abakaliki or Owerri. Yorubas, shine your eyes. They've come again.

Yorubas are shinning their eyes well o and we can see how this was used to deceive us in February.....never again.....aren't yorubas feeling this heat....shine your eyes ko shine your eyes ni.....what is bad is bad....stop eet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Wkaay(m): 9:13am On Aug 02, 2023
No strike abrg
People don Taya
80 percent of our people live on daily earnings
How will they feed

3 Likes

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by ChristianMuslim: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2023
Me im fine o.. if u want to borrow money bring two guarantor. I go give as many as possible with 30% interest.. i no dey pity any foolish poor wey no fit help him or herself with protest again.. my new slogan is let the poor die.. all of una dey craze
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by QueenDima47(f): 9:14am On Aug 02, 2023
My household never even recover from last year strike now this.
Nigeria is squeezing us too much.
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by ChristianMuslim: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2023
The poor should stop complaining fron today.. because you cant fight for yout right.. # let the poor die
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Drsnives(m): 9:15am On Aug 02, 2023
Zionmdde:

Not at all
Am still learning political lessons from those teaching us
Yes oo
Those teaching us political lessons are the ones embarking on the protest..
Nothing on earth will ever make me join then as long as their master is still in power..
They must get sense by force

1 Like

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2023
murphyjoe:
The reason while the strike is not effective it is simply because Nigeria Labour Congress ( NLC) is partisan. It has is own political party. and cannot be seen as being serious calling for strike,when it is seen as being biased towards a party

This is exactly what i wrote above.....

So assuming what you wrote is true, the party they harbour, is it not same citizens of NIGERIA that are in the party

The increase in fuel pump price and poor policies of Tinubu's Government, is the Party running intimacy with NLC the special advisor to President TINUBU when he removed Subsidy without any back up plan

Can't the Subsidy be removed in batches as back ups are provided in batches too?

We are talking about how to pull the recent Government to bow to the cries of the poor masses they cajoled and made mockery of and you are here talking about NLC being partisan....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by ChristianMuslim: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2023
Stop complaining cowards, go out and speak for your miserable life and that of your miserable family
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Larryndelaw: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2023
muykem:
The strike doesn't make sense. This is a time to continue negotiate and be patient with new administration.
NLCare just fighting for themselves. Look once the Labour demands are met, they stop their protest and left the masses alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Nnecky(f): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2023
Everywhere is calm, business is going as usual, no hassles
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by geedee4real(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2023
The strike will favor me and my family in Jesus name
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by chatinent: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
Anything NLC does I would just assume it’s LP trying to frustrate the government.

They’ve made it worse by joining forces with those parasites called ASUU.

FG needs to find ways to reduce the cost of governance and fix our refineries, we’re no where close to that.

NLC should stop adopting a war-like stance. If they want to be taken seriously, let them stream all their meeting with FG live so the people can know who to hold accountable when negotiations fail.

I got the shock of my life when I got an updated chart of the price of PMS in other countries relative to the dollar.

There’s problem

Are you for real? You aren't in this country or you were lobbied to type this?
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by SaintLucia: 9:23am On Aug 02, 2023
Ifebi82:
Aturu.... Southeast kill you there... Tribal bigot
yes daddy thank you daddy, we are not lazy people here, we don't sit at home here when we are suppose to be at work. And nobody will flog u here like they do in southeast when u refused to obey the sit at home grin

2 Likes

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by chatinent: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2023
maticar:

What is AOR
Where en dey stay.

Area of Residence.
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by garfield1: 9:28am On Aug 02, 2023
Nnecky:
Everywhere is calm, business is going as usual, no hassles

Adaowerri
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by naijaboy756: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2023
BreconHills:

It's 8:41 and still nothing.

The NLC will hold a march and that's the end of it.
People may be upset but they do not see sit at home as the answer to anything.

All teachers in my wife's school are complete though it is just for summer school.

Once Danfo and BRT are on the road, Lagos will move. I don't know about other areas. Some are obviously used to sitting at home. Not here.
https://www.nairaland.com/7787110/oyo-workers-continue-protest-beat
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by OgbeniOja1: 9:39am On Aug 02, 2023
Serious compliance

1 Like

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by BreconHills(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2023
naijaboy756:
https://www.nairaland.com/7787110/oyo-workers-continue-protest-beat

This is Oyo secretariat in a pdp state with PDP thugs enforcing it. All markets in Oyo are open with full movement.

Lagos is buzzing.

People should contain their sit at home to the region that has an appetite for it.

3 Likes

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by BreconHills(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
Serious compliance

This is a march. I said there would be marches.

There is freedom to march but there is also freedom to work. Lagos is working.

2 Likes

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Frezhkid10(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2023
ChristianMuslim:
Me im fine o.. if u want to borrow money bring two guarantor. I go give as many as possible with 30% interest.. i no dey pity any foolish poor wey no fit help him or herself with protest again.. my new slogan is let the poor die.. all of una dey craze
Do you think you are rich??

1 Like

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Image123(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Why do some Nigerians who where called POOR MASSES feel is not right to protest

Are we now more beautified by Tribalism than common rights of the poor masses

Throughout Buhari's regime as a democratic President , the NORTH refused to show in any protest against his Government....

Now, some majority of S.W indigenes have refused to participate in this protest where the President is their own person after increasing fuel pump price from #196 - #500 and from #500-#670

While the Dollar rate continues to grow fat now #830

By December if there is no protest, Dollar will rise to #1000...
Fuel pump price will rise to #830

See, Tinubu the half moon President and Senate President said.....

ALLOW THE POOR MASSES TO BREATH.....ALL POOR MASSES IN THE NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST OF NIGERIA.....

Not ALLOW THE POOR MASSES In SOUTH EAST to breathe....
OR
ALLOW THE POOR MASSES IN SOUTH SOUTH to breathe....

So why bringing Politics of divide and act to a mere Protest

APC has killed this country with TRIBALISM AND RELIGIOUS MINDSETS.....

Because your protests and strikes are unreasonable and instigated by partisan sore losers looking for some imaginary mandate. What exactly are you protesting, removal of subsidy?One has to be an absolute fool to think that there will be no hardship whenever subsidy is removed. Are you expecting refineries, electricity and roads in 2 months? Are you in Heaven or in Nigeria or just a sore loser Obi fan?

4 Likes

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by SledgeHammerer: 9:44am On Aug 02, 2023
No sign in Benin city for now
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by chukel(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2023
NLC is useless. They failed to differentiate between strike and protest. Protest is not downing tools. Protest doesn't mean all offices must close. That is strike and they said they are not going on strike but protest.
Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by Image123(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

This is exactly what i wrote above.....

So assuming what you wrote is true, the party they harbour, is it not same citizens of NIGERIA that are in the party

The increase in fuel pump price and poor policies of Tinubu's Government, is the Party running intimacy with NLC the special advisor to President TINUBU when he removed Subsidy without any back up plan

Can't the Subsidy be removed in batches as back ups are provided in batches too?

We are talking about how to pull the recent Government to bow to the cries of the poor masses they cajoled and made mockery of and you are here talking about NLC being partisan....

The same people that want strike and protest are the same people that want coup. They are the same people with eyes on judiciary. The same people supported the mindless cashless policy that put millions in pain. They are the same people listening for sit at home orders from whatsapp. If you have money, you can help with paying subsidy in batches. Thanks to God and the President, this current government does not have such money.We are tired of the retrogressions and chains that the subsidy and unfair foreign exchange system has caused us. We trust the President and are prepared to be patient with him for at least a year. That's reasonable enough. We can't let Twitter noisemakers who only know how to complain without solution cause anarchy in our beloved country. Nigeria is bigger than them.

2 Likes

Re: NLC STRIKE: What's The Situation In Your Area? by k2money(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2023
proeast:

Low mentality bigots like you are on self destruct without knowing it. Unfortunately for you, the strike already began in Oshogbo then Ibadan and soon it will spread across your region. Is it Igbos that were beaten Oyo civil servants yesterday in ibadan due to protests?

Igbos have lots of shock-absorbers that will minimize the adverse effects of Tinubu's maladministration unlike your people. Your eyes go soon clear.
Stop that lie, I'm presently in oshogbo everybody business going as normal. I have engineer working for me in soka, Ibadan. So shift your propaganda to another state.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / David Hundeyin's Take On Seyi Tinubu's $11M UK Property- Offers More Insight. / Tinubu: Court Adjourns Hearing On Peter Obi’s Petition Till Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.