Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,378 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (57643 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Tonytonex(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Whoever planted those things there expects you to stop & attempt to reverse.
So if you do just that, you've fallen into their trap. cool
then, what supposed to be the best option?

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by BoldBrainz(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
Reversing might be your biggest mistake in this circumstance. Spikes on the road means you're largely expected to stop once you spot them, and attempt to turn around. Don't!

If the road has shoulders, no matter how slim, use either the left or right shoulder and speed through. Even if the shoulders are covered by high rising shrubs, drive through it.

And except you carry a gun in that vehicle or on your person, the one thing you don't want to do is come down to remove the blockade grin.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Godsonkemz(m): 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
May I not encounter it. But in any case I will climb it with speed because whoever dropped it expects you to reverse or take them away to continue driving
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by phemmyfour: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo
Reverse mode driving... don't even attempt to make a u turn

5 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Sirchiboy: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
Omo this thing get as e be oo.
Those bad guys don station for both front and back..
The only way is to play military siren sound if they will fire from back to sacre them. Then reverse go back
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
Na my alloy reem go carry me reach huz cuz I'm bursting my tires on those nails in top speed!.... Because if I stop I'm dead or kidnapped! So I'm activating my fast and furious mode immediately!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Tonytonex(m): 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unclebayo:
I will come down from the car and take away those trash problem solve cool
on the process of doing that, you will be caught
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by ConfidentialDoc: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Yep...it's like too late by the time you see this
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Justbehave(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
I will speed over it provided my tyres are all tubeless. They will get me to safer place before they flat.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by ianq: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
There are a number of reasons why I do not travel at night along barren roads. If you must, you gotta be prepared, gotta be armed or in armed company.

3 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by wunmi590(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2023

No two ways about it bro, just park, come down and flong one of it into the Bush, dust your hand and enter your car and zoom off...
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by leisuretym: 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
Keep the obstacle in the middle

That’s how you steer the steering there

6 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by izicooo(f): 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
it means roadblock na, no need going forward.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by scoobyblogspot(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
Nazgul:
I'll hit the brakes, put the car on reverse, drive backwards on top speed until I get to a safe spot, then reverse properly and get the hell outta there, cos it's obvious that kidnappers are lurking in the bushes.

How can you drive backward when you no that its going to be even dangerous..its dark and more dark
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
tojahh:
Will come down
Drop my phone
My Wallet
My car key
My trouser
My shoe
My shirt
My boxers

Begin go house. After all naked Man no dey put hand for pocket.

grin hahahaha.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
Justbehave:
I will speed over it provided my tyres are all tubeless. They will get me to safer place before they flat.

Good reasoning.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Nazgul: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
scoobyblogspot:
How can you drive backward when you no that its going to be even dangerous..its dark and more dark
But that's where I'm coming from. For me to drive to that spot where the road is blocked, means that backwards is much safer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Omoawoke2(m): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
Reverse and find the nearest hotel to pass the night
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by owolabi5: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
Na to reverse

CAR PAPERS
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Omeesea: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ahead ahead .
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Omoawoke2(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
Justbehave:

It will deflate all four tires, you won’t be able to maintain full speed

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by ibawon(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye
This is not fast and furious. You play too much 😄

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Nairalander248: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo
j

Tubeless tire
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by ppogba: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

You made a lot of sense.

Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Omeesea: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ahead ahead non stop .
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by occfx: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:

Importance of tubeless... If na my vicinity I stop and find out whatsup but for high way bross, I go match am... Give my self enough speed to take me to a safer place

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Adesina18111(m): 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
Think about the sharp corner ahead

sleek214:
There's only one option: reverse the car and race on top speed.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by maticar: 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
Wawelexy:
Reverse with speed is the best option
That's the response the bad guy is expecting

As you slow down, they might throw more at the back and box you in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Robchuks77(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

So we should activate fly away abi disappear mode..
The expect u to come down and try removing it..
At thta point, use ur reverse mode.. To about 100 meters.. Den turn and fly away

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by SmartPolician: 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Just avoid moving about at night. It's dangerous!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video) / The Best Car Interior You’ve Ever Seen… / Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.