Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (57616 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Toosure70: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Move to gear one and straithg to gear 5 , the car will jump the trash. Or use and brake on speed 140km/hr and the vehicle will face back and speed on
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by MySolace: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye
Am not sure d width of a car reaches da way...

I think d road is wide.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by udemzyudex(m): 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
What was he looking at before he got so close?

You always have to look ahead as a professional driver.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by MySolace: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Essence20:
A professional driver can pass without going over the nails
I think same...

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by MySolace: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
Engrr:
Jump am with speed, tubeless tyre will still take you for a reasonable distance!
Tubeless will sustain u if d object is still stuck to d Tyre, but I think dis one is likely gonna pull
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by udemzyudex(m): 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
qtx:

Very possible.
First swap towards the right.
Second, position the tires along the two small spaces one tire on each and move towards left slightly
Thirdly, zoom straight and after you pass , return your hand and control.

For clarity, see picture attached.

At this point just try to make sure at least 3 tyres are save if you can swerve well.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Oracabessa: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
If I got tubeless tyres then no qualms because as soon I try to maneuver through and it hits the tyres,with my tubeless it can carry me a long way on full speed before stopping.
psychologist:
Ok bye
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Fujiyama: 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unclebayo:
I will come down from the car and take away those trash problem solve cool

^^^
grin
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Allthetruth(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
Me, I will pass it but the only obstacle there is the bend ahead, because if you over bend the car you may tumble.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Rexie96: 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
southsouthking:
O.P in a situation like this, when you get to the spot, just put off your headlights, throttle the vehicle as if you're zooming off, quietly come down from the car and quickly move away the one that's the main obstacle.
Watch out for either torch light or vehicle light, if you see any torch light, quickly take cover on the bush depending on the direction the light is coming from.
If you see no light, quickly move back to your car, central lock and zoom off.

Easier said than done.
But if your heart is at your back, be rest assured you're free.

This is the dumbest thing to do.. no one should listen to this ideaa.. lol, its even worse being on foot
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Fujiyama: 11:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
joinnow:
They have already position themselves at the back and in front after that nailplank. Only option is to see if you can bypass through the bush and speed off hoping you would not get hit by bullet. I am talking from experience.

kingthreat:
Whatever you do, act fast. Speed matters.

abatically:
I don't think there's a right or wrong answer, just follow ur instincts and hope u are right.

mabeni:
They are in the bush waiting for to reverse. You might get shot if you reverse and if you attempt to speed off, they are hiding in the bush ahead. If you have experienced a highway night robbery you will understand me.

^^^
These posters and a few others 'get it'.

You never know how its going to turn out for you until you are living the nightmare. Some posters here have given us detailed "engineering drawings" grin of how they'll go over the nail studded planks, veer off into the bush and back unto the road again, reverse without stopping, swerve right and left (at the same time!) etc. grin

You never know how it'll turn out. The goal (of those who set the planks) is to get you to stop the car - and everything is configured around this. For starters, some kidnappers/armed robbers would put the planks after the curve in the road where your headlights won't pick them up until its too late...while some kidnappers/armed robbers will place them exactly as shown in the picture in this thread. If your driving skills are top notch and you get past the planks at high speed, some armed robbers will turn their attentions elsewhere and wait for other victims...while some armed robbers will spray your fleeing vehicle with bullets - with the intention of killing everyone in it. undecided

Few things will test your nerve more than staring down the barrel of a rifle or an automatic weapon on a dark lonely road, knowing that your life is literally in the hands of the person with his finger on the trigger. I know this because I passed through this and lived to tell the tale.

You never know how it'll turn out.

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Sniper101(m): 12:08am On Aug 04, 2023
Situations like this is why i love Benz cos, here, you get to make a quick reverse even without hitting the breaks

But if tires na tubeless sha
D Driving na onwards ever backwards never
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Mcslize: 4:01am On Aug 04, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo

The problem with this is they might be waiting at the back cuz they know the first thing that will come to any driver's mind is reversing. So, they will stage at the back and also at the front waiting for their preys. In that case, you need to reverse very fast with full speed.

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by trumpcoat(m): 5:51am On Aug 04, 2023
tojahh:
Will come down
Drop my phone
My Wallet
My car key
My trouser
My shoe
My shirt
My boxers

Begin go house. After all naked Man no dey put hand for pocket.

Lol
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by AK481(m): 6:39am On Aug 04, 2023
It's to keep driving with full speed .
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:06am On Aug 04, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye

grin

I love how your right and left wheels followed different paths.

You're an expert driver.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by bewla(m): 7:19am On Aug 04, 2023
sleek214:
There's only one option: reverse the car and race on top speed.
This the reason I watch James bond films so that I can invent flying cars in my dream
Incase like this
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by tete7000(m): 7:28am On Aug 04, 2023
Triangles1:
A professional driver can drive through especially Mercedes-Benz

I agree. Enough loopholes to manoeuvre..

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by MrJames007: 7:34am On Aug 04, 2023
JayDaily2:
Solution: Try to avoid long travels that require night driving through lonely areas as much as possible.

Long-distance drivers have seen worse.

Eggs thrown at your windscreen from nowhere.

What about human figures or animals appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the road?

Tree log obstruction?

The worst encountered was Headlights turning off without any technical issues, turned on touch light and it went off too.

I understand this to be spiritual,

Turned off ignition,

Initiated central lock and light up wisdom leaf.
( Story for another day )

That was all it took to divert them off

etc.

Just avoid driving at night as much as possible.
grin

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:58am On Aug 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Whoever planted those things there expects you to stop & attempt to reverse.
So if you do just that, you've fallen into their trap. cool

Exactly but do not also forget, they want your tire flat so they are nearby observing.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2023
Angrygoat:
Simple I will turn shaply to the right. Use my steering lock to shift them out to the left and then reverse and then zoom.piiiiuuuum I'm off

Is this your method faster that flying bullet coming from both side??
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by CHIGOZIEID: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2023
PPIA:

grin
what the fuçk is this are you a stupid basstard
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Truetalk3139: 8:41am On Aug 04, 2023
JayDaily2:
Solution: Try to avoid long travels that require night driving through lonely areas as much as possible.

Long-distance drivers have seen worse.

Eggs thrown at your windscreen from nowhere.

What about human figures or animals appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the road?

Tree log obstruction?

The worst encountered was Headlights turning off without any technical issues, turned on touch light and it went off too.

I understand this to be spiritual,

Turned off ignition,

Initiated central lock and light up wisdom leaf.
( Story for another day )

That was all it took to divert them off

etc.

Just avoid driving at night as much as possible.
I heard a man talk about some kidnappers moving zouma rock to the road spiritually or something like that just to make someone stop. I’m eager to here your story, you might be saving lives.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by OniyideAmplify(m): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2023
This is scary
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:20am On Aug 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

So what should they do then military expert,
The best will be to reverse a distance they make sharp turning to the opposite direction...

The problem will be if the person is doing caterpillar turning there...
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Exceed15: 11:46am On Aug 04, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Wisdom no go finish for ur head.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Sunnels(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
That's why its always advisable to use a very good tires. Like Mechelen, firestone, Dunlop etc. They can climb on those torns and nothing will happen to them, till you get to your destination. undecided
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by bluefilm: 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye

You funny, man!
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by PPIA: 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
CHIGOZIEID:
what the fuçk is this are you a stupid basstard
No! You are grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video) / The Best Car Interior You’ve Ever Seen… / Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.