Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,148 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (57639 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by AdeProgrammer(m): 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo

A few years back, I encountered this situation, and fortunately, our driver skillfully reversed quickly to escape, even though the side mirror was hit in the process. Thank God for a swift getaway.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by workchopNG: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
🚖🚖

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by weslay: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unclebayo:
I will come down from the car and take away those trash problem solve cool

That was how Jared Bridegan the Microsoft Manager was killed.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Alliswell248: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
Drsnives:
I'll start singing
"emi lokon emi lokon baba weh no well dey shout emi lokon
Leg dey shake, hand dey shake
Baba weh no well dey shout emi lokon

Enjoying your wailing......
Keep it up.

At least he is somebody.... you are nobody.... just a noise maker who is from a failed home. Good kids are respectful and polite. My kids are well trained.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by AutoConsult: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unclebayo:
You don turn barbecue bdat😂
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by AutoConsult: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Moneyboyz:
Whoever left that there is around waiting for you try and reverse. Your best bet is moving forward.
You get sense.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Jsucre(m): 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unclebayo:
welcome to den
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by JuanDeDios: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Whoever planted those things there expects you to stop & attempt to reverse.
So if you do just that, you've fallen into their trap. cool
Yes. So what will you do?
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by zedegit: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo

First exclamation I made was "Hey". But I quickly remembered 'fast and furious'.

Omo na reverse and swerve hoping no close cars around.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by BABYBULLETIN: 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
High way the grave come to mind,the fast and furious..
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by zedegit: 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

So what's your solution? Drive on the nails abi enter bush which is worse.

It's about taking chances.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by nonhuman(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

I was just laughing at those saying they would reverse, coming sense is actually not comon

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by localboy: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
But if you continue, your tyres would be punctured and you would be forced to stop thereafter.

Then you will be completely finished

quote author=GanagiBitrus post=124833552]
So if you do just that, you've fallen into their trap. cool[/quote]
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by patorial(m): 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye

Exactly what they expect you to do, so that you will drive to the one that is perfectly nailed ahead, where you can't easily make it on reverse.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Alexiiydon: 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye
sense no go kill you your forefathers in heaven will be happy to welcome you
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Alexiiydon: 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Na to leave the car lock am and race into the nearby busy oo if God like nothing will happen to the car
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Fatbam005: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Those saying they will run over, do you know what is ahead?
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by DrAkpa(m): 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye

Odeeh
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by gaddafe(m): 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unclebayo:

You are not a Nigerian. Every Nigerian driver knows what to do
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Mcreloaded(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
That's why I pump my tyres with chemicals that seals holes immediately.
Those that drive at night are advised to pump chemicals that seals holes instantly.
It works instantly like kilode

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by gaddafe(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
nonhuman:
I was just laughing at those saying they would reverse, coming sense is actually not comon

Most of them are not drivers. No sensible Nigerian driver would reverse or come down from the vehicle. I have driven several kilometres on only wheels before.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by joinnow: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:

They have already position themselves at the back and in front after that nailplank. Only option is to see if you can bypass through the bush and speed off hoping you would not get hit by bullet. I am talking from experience. If you are a frequent night bus Traveller you will understand what bus drivers overcome alot at night.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by psychologist(m): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
DrAkpa:

Odeeh

If only you know what akpa means grin😂
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Nonexisting1: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
If you're on top speed, pull up your emergency break and see your car turn around immediately. If you're not on top speed, just turn around and avoid problems. I'm sure a vaginarian is among the armed robbers which is why they are this wicked, normal armed male robbers don't go this extreme.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Austinio: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
Those guys into D's are armed robbery. Sometimes onions are thrown on d roads but those onions have nails on it.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Philinks(f): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
With my fortified tyres I do not need to worry about anything. Head on straight! You can contact me for your car fortification.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Oracleee: 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:

Reverse? So people wey carry this kind thing for front no go dey back to open fire on you if you try reverse....

It's evident you've never being a victim of this folks. Bro from experience, the best you can do is go heavy on the gas pedal and loose all tyres even rims till you can reach safety. Even braking is not an option.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Almiron: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Oracleee:

Reverse? So people wey carry this kind thing for front no go dey back to open fire on you if you try reverse....

It's evident you've never being a victim of this folks. Bro from experience, the best you can do is go heavy on the gas pedal and loose all tyres even rims till you can reach safety. Even braking is not an option.
Obviously, if you read my post wella, i said I saw it on Twitter, based on the picture posted nah wetin dey front we Dey see.
The question is simple, what would you do?
Not to counter what wetin me wan do ?
You fit get mind pass me, make you step out of your vehicle to remove the barricade.

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by kuntash: 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
If you are convinced it's a robbery or kidnap setup ...

Two things ..

With the arrangement, you can speedily go round it to save at least two to three tyres ...

Other option, turn off all the lights outside and inside the vehicle , and remain inside .... Why? Unless they are dare devil well armed criminals... They would think twice before they approach your vehicle... Within that time you can reason what to do ...

Reversing means you are going to meet them
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Hedonisco: 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
I have a phobia for driving on these typical bush left, bush right Nigerian interstate highways. It can never be me
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Drsnives(m): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Alliswell248:

Enjoying your wailing......
Keep it up.

At least he is somebody.... you are nobody.... just a noise maker who is from a failed home. Good kids are respectful and polite. My kids are well trained.
Look at this fustrated being... Get off my mention,. Go n hold dino accountable.. I have nothing against tinubu
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Drsnives(m): 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
deolu2000:

If you sing that way you are a goner, just shout, on your mandate we shall stand, Bola.
Those guy on the road were left into that act by Baba's policy... Once they hear on your mandate my own don be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video) / The Best Car Interior You’ve Ever Seen… / Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.