Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,124 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (57638 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by onlyboyson(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Cradle to the grave
The kin reverse wey I go do sef go fear those that obstruct the road
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by maticar: 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Justbehave:
I will speed over it provided my tyres are all tubeless. They will get me to safer place before they flat.
Not possible

You must have "run flat tyres" to be able to escape this

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Felaincarnated: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Too much movies don cover ur imagination
southsouthking:
O.P in a situation like this, when you get to the spot, just put off your headlights, throttle the vehicle as if you're zooming off, quietly come down from the car and quickly move away the one that's the main obstacle.
Watch out for either torch light or vehicle light, if you see any torch light, quickly take cover on the bush depending on the direction the light is coming from.
If you see no light, quickly move back to your car, central lock and zoom off.

Easier said than done.
But if your heart is at your back, be rest assured you're free.

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Oluelite(m): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Reverse with drifting mode
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by PsychoTheRapist: 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
H
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by ubox: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye
Have you actually driven before because what you illustrated is not feasible
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Justbehave(m): 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
maticar:

Not possible

You must have "run flat tyres" to be able to escape this
They wont go flat immediately provided you where on speed when you climbed it. I have been in such situation before from oyigbo to pH. It was when I get home that night that the tyres got flat
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by PsychoTheRapist: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Whoever planted those things there expects you to stop & attempt to reverse.
So if you do just that, you've fallen into their trap. cool
So you get sense like this.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Lekan239(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Whoever planted those things there expects you to stop & attempt to reverse.
So if you do just that, you've fallen into their trap. cool
it's night time which means you wont see those spikes until u are very close. it's an highway which means you will be driving of 60km/h and won't be able to stop in an instant after applying the brakes.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Justbehave(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Omoawoke2:

It will deflate all four tires, you won’t be able to maintain full speed
not immediately sir.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Rhassidy360: 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Unclebayo:
I will come down from the car and take away those trash problem solve cool
Olodo ni e
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by qtx(m): 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo
Very possible.
First swap towards the right.
Second, position the tires along the two small spaces one tire on each and move towards left slightly
Thirdly, zoom straight and after you pass , return your hand and control.

For clarity, see picture attached.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Bioboy1213(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
2day42moro:
Ahead ahead
Fire Motor
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by OfficialSam(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
I thought someone will be wise enough. Reversing is the worst in this scenario. If you try reversing, whoever kept those stuffs will catch up with you.

This is the best way:

Put your acceleration at top speed and zoom off. Remember, the tyres will not lose air immediately, if punctured, especially if you're driving a tubeless. It may take you for a while or till you stop the car.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
Quickly reverse
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by southsouthking(m): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
Felaincarnated:
Too much movies don cover ur imagination

If only you know watin eyes don see for Benin Auchi road, Okpella Kogi road, you go know say Life na 50-50.

I won't die a coward, never.

3 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by shantti(m): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
I will pretend as if am gay. Many people hate and avoid gays. So the kidnappers won't have any other other option than to leave me alone and let me pass
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by bbonair(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Top speed with one side of the wheel passing through the single nail bar and never to stop driving on top speed.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by BigYash: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye
Bruh you can't calculate this immediately. The first thing that will come to mind is to move backwards with reverse on to speed.. Praying in your mind ,that they (thieves or kidnappers) aren't at your back already.. cheesy
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by EsosonH: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
Format from the time of Anene to mid 90s.
Format out dated
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by BabaIbo: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
JayDaily2:
Solution: Try to avoid long travels that require night driving through lonely areas as much as possible.

Long-distance drivers have seen worse.

Eggs thrown at your windscreen from nowhere.

What about human figures or animals appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the road?

Tree log obstruction?

The worst encountered was Headlights turning off without any technical issues, turned on touch light and it went off too.

I understand this to be spiritual,

I just lock the four doors and light up wisdom weed.
( Story for another day )

That was all it took to divert them off

etc.

Just avoid driving at night as much as possible.

I remember when I started my business, then I do travel often and it used to be night trips both to and fro.
One memorable one is when we got ambushed by some local vigilante that thought the cargo vehicle I'm in have ise/ounje(i.e India hemp) inside it.
The driver thought they were kidnappers or thieves, I dey where I dey dey reason as person go take do am, imagine person goods and the person being attacked in a single hit.
Since then, I stopped following or traveling with any vehicle conveying my goods.

Omoh, night travelers see a lot of unexplainable things o.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by SIRKAY98(m): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Am climbing that cheat, they know you will reverse and they re hiding at your back
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by psalmson001: 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
All of you saying reverse, ure missing it. The idea is for you to stop so they can quickly block you, and there is absolutely no way you will reverse without stopping first.

As for me, i will increase speed and drive over it with both hands firmly grabbing the steering incase of a blow out. I will keep driving like that with the blown tyres till the car can't go anymore.

Although, there is a very very tiny chance that the tyres wont deflate immediately, and i rather take that chance than to stop and reverse.

7 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Image123(m): 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2023
Must you drive on the tarred road? undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Prenonjebose: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
tojahh:
Will come down
Drop my phone
My Wallet
My car key
My trouser
My shoe
My shirt
My boxers

Begin go house. After all naked Man no dey put hand for pocket.
Very hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh out with people looking at me
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Angelfrost(m): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
Reverse... Accelerate... All at top speed.

Then, U-turn the hell back to wherever you came from.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Segzy19: 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
I will never reverse because that is the aim of the people that set the trap. They expect you to reverse. Reversing a car in panic mode and on speed usually leads to accident.... By the way, the attackers would usually stay around waiting to attack.

So the best thing is to drive on it with high speed and keep driving not minding that your tires are flat or not. Do not stay near the area. The attackers would be nearby. Go as far as possible from that spot before you park your car and run off on foot.

Abandon your car, pick your phones and few valuable and run. Just to the nearest.police station, church or community......

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by RPG2020(m): 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye

You are a bad boy a very bad boy shocked
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
gentposh:
Simple
I will stop come down from the car and remove the blockages..

Kai Sense no go kill me ooh

Mumu...when you come down is when the thieves will come out of the bushes, bundle you and put you in your own booth. Einstein.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by ipobarecriminals: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
sad i once experienced this on my way from Abuja ho Benin city
..I simply switched off the light and do a bit james bond abi nah transporter stuff and speed back.I can't forget that road.Those are the days of Igbinedion govt
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by joshuaedem(m): 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Who snapped it should know better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video) / The Best Car Interior You’ve Ever Seen… / Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.