Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (57641 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
Moneyboyz:
Whoever left that there is around waiting for you try and reverse. Your best bet is moving forward.

If you're reversing on top speed they cant get you. Where do you want to move forward to and with which tires?
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Almiron: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Certain u have never owned a car or ur father or mother never had one...but likely because u are a child ... any adult that owns a car and have been driving knows reversing is what the robbers are waiting for u to do...cos they will be right behind u with guns ...

Well, I Mercedes comes with low pros while my suv run on run flats.... u certainly don't know what it means ....hungry boy
Modasucker find me come here 😂😂😂. I’m the reason for your eternal pain. You’ll eventually die untimely 😂😂. Cry harder mf. Ogun kee alll your miserable generation. Jobless mf keep stalking me on Nairaland, I no even sabi say you exist. I didn’t read the trash you type, but wherever I see this your username, e dey sweet nme to curse you,cos you’ve been cursed since your failed papa pour his rotten sperm inside your mama

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Slimplush: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Whoever planted those things there expects you to stop & attempt to reverse.
So if you do just that, you've fallen into their trap. cool
in some cases, they are actually waiting for you to step out of the car so they can pounce on you.... Reverse mode is the only safer option here bro

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Spainze007(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
Wisdom...

GanagiBitrus:

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
All four Tubeless tyres go match am with speed nothing dey hapen
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Kasdat5(m): 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
buttlover:
Let me see the bush side

This cracked me up , na Bush path sure pass brother . Memories on road trips .
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
All four Tubeless tyres go match am with speed nothing dey hapen
But if ya there all no tubless go back with high speed
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Almiron: 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad i once experienced this on my way from Abuja ho Benin city
..I simply switched off the light and do a bit james bond abi nah transporter stuff and speed back.I can't forget that road.Those are the days of Igbinedion govt
bro it’s that simple o, though I never experience am before, but na reverse go first come my mind. There’s no way I’m going forward, it’s better to safe than sorry. I don’t drive long distance Inter-State, na flight straight.

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by pak: 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

This is the most intelligent and well thought response on this thread.

But I still think that might be the best or only option

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by BigCowHornn: 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
sleek214:
There's only one option: reverse the car and race on top speed.

That's where you die.

The only opinion there is to flatten your gas panel and shoot forward at speed.

Your tires are gone but it will save your life
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Salym(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
psychologist:
Ok bye
It will burst your rear tires.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by pak: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Had another scenario about 10 years ago.

I had a flat tyre along Gwaram, a town between Bauchi and Gombe.
It was around past 9pm but the roads were already deserted and again, it was during the thick of Boko Haram attacks and kidnappings.

I just got down from the car, and went to stand behind some trees by the road, none of the drivers passing stopped, after about 10 mins, I saw one of this heavy Trailers approaching, so I ran to stand in front, waiving frantically.

Typical nice Hausa people, the boys came down, helped me to fix my spare and I gave them a thank you N1k and we were both on our way

2 Likes

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Allisgud: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Car producers are supposed to upgrade their cars with technics in the car that will lift or magnet any metals,let me call innoson motor and advice him on this

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by mariahAngel(f): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

So, you'd get down and take those out of the way? undecided
You know, sometimes it's best not to overthink certain situations.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by deolu2000(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Drsnives:
I'll start singing
"emi lokon emi lokon baba weh no well dey shout emi lokon
Leg dey shake, hand dey shake
Baba weh no well dey shout emi lokon
If you sing that way you are a goner, just shout, on your mandate we shall stand, Bola.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Ebuka19977(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Bloooooooood of jesusssssss
buttlover:
Let me see the bush side
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by pansophist(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
If you're gonna be making night journeys over thick bushes with no resident in sight, make sure you have a gun with you.

When you live in a zoo, play by the rules. Be tough
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Oju4190: 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2023
Dont ever make the mistake of trying to reverse...... For me I will use a very high speed to drive through even if my tubeless tyre got punture...It can still sustain air for sometime....I repeat don't ever make the mistake of slowing down by trying to reverse
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Ameduedwin: 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2023
For you to drive to that location, you have already Fall to the trap, they are already at your back and if jump that obstacle they are already in your front so just pray to God for your soul
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by ipobarecriminals: 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
cool the kind of slap wey go make him see 🌈/ 🌟 he go chop, before he stable well,he won't forget
mariahAngel:

So, you'd get down and take those out of the way? undecided
You know, sometimes it's best not to overthink certain situations.
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by mariahAngel(f): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
qtx:

Very possible.
First swap towards the right.
Second, position the tires along the two small spaces one tire on each and move towards left slightly
Thirdly, zoom straight and after you pass , return your hand and control.

For clarity, see picture attached.

It's the analysis with illustration for me. 😀

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by frankpro27(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Very easy

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by mariahAngel(f): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
pansophist:
If you're gonna be making night journeys over thick bushes with no resident in sight, make sure you have a gun with you.

When you live in a zoo, play by the rules. Be tough

The idea of a gun came to mind, but in Nigeria, if you're found with a gun, you're either a police or a criminal.

1 Like

Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Rhozabeth(m): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo

What if they already envisage that you will reverse and another set are waiting for u behind you? There is no easy way out of this but follow ur instinct. I would probably want to reverse too but if I can quickly sight the bush side that it seems ok, I may want to take that shot!
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Almiron: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
Rhozabeth:

What if the already envisage that you will reverse and another set are waiting for u behind you? There is no easy way out of this but follow ur instinct. I would probably want to reverse too but if I can quickly sight the bush side that it seems ok, I may want to take that to take that shot!
God forbid you find yourself in such situation, I’m sure you won’t look for any bush side. Going forward won’t cross your mind, unless you be stonecold, or you get gun or juju
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Rhozabeth(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
frankpro27:
Very easy
Sounds good o but before u can do that you need to reverse looking at the position of the car but then there is no guarantee that you back tyre will not step on the nail! There is no easy way out of it!
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Nefort: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
Almiron:
I don’t know the appropriate section to post this, so I decided to drop it here. I saw the image and caption on Twitter.

As a professional driver, what would you do if this was the only way to your destination?

Me: I will reverse asap, go and look for a hotel nearby to pass the night. Life is so precious, what if they pop out from the bush with Ak-47 riffles. A lot can go wrong. The only option for me is to reverse and never look back. Eni ori yo odi le, Ire ooo
sleek214:
There's only one option: reverse the car and race on top speed.
What if you see another one at your back?
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by afariogunone1(f): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
Turn around
Koju ma ribi
gbogbo ara loogun e
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Lance008(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
southsouthking:
O.P in a situation like this, when you get to the spot, just put off your headlights, throttle the vehicle as if you're zooming off, quietly come down from the car and quickly move away the one that's the main obstacle.
Watch out for either torch light or vehicle light, if you see any torch light, quickly take cover on the bush depending on the direction the light is coming from.
If you see no light, quickly move back to your car, central lock and zoom off.

Easier said than done.
But if your heart is at your back, be rest assured you're free.
Easy said than done
I wish you go bold do am
Armed robbers are smart bro
Its better you turn back to avoid story that touch
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by barinedan(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
Do a speedy reverse, as soon as I get to a reasonable distance, turn my car and zoom off
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by wonlasewonimi: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
Road is big enough to do a single u turn
Re: As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? by Almiron: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
Nefort:

What if you see another one at your back?
let’s assume base on what we see first…:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video) / The Best Car Interior You’ve Ever Seen… / Car Washer Wrecks His Client’s Car After Driving It To Buy Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.