Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (37986 Views)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / My Banker Friend Is Looking For A 2nd Income Source. Suggestion Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Love800(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
It depends on the cars.
Caterpillar-1000
Buses-1000
Salon car-600
Keke-700

And na mostly saloon cars dey come the yard. And any money u make from a single car, u divide it and give oga his own share. And u take turns in washing cars because aleast na 3-5 boys usually dey work for car wash. And na on weekends work dey come pass. Mon-fri, work nor too dey. Except say u don tey for the yard and customers dey gbadu ur work con dey relate with u plus giving u tips, if not u go suffer for car wash.

I prefer teenagers living with their parents waiting to enta higher instistutions to work in car wash rather than a full grown adult with responsibilities
juman:

So what is the truth?
How much do the car washers get?
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by woginid967: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
chudez0147:
How does one cleanse self please?
Lol

Add sea salt šŸ§‚ to water.

Read psalms into the water and pray for mercy from any filth or attacks upon your life.

Then bathe for 7 days with it.

You will be cleansed

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by professore(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month
kindly add me to a job group.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Love800(m): 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
Abeg go sit down. Who cleansing help
Expect u want to be an occultic or u work hard and smart, make grace find u.
woginid967:

Add sea salt šŸ§‚ to water.

Read psalms into the water and pray for mercy from any filth or attacks upon your life.

Then bathe for 7 days with it.

You will be cleansed
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SenatorIyke: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2023
If he can endure, He will make it. Everything in life starts from small and I will advice he saves and start up his own. That way he will grow faster
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by AllBlack: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time

better offer your help from a distance before such an irrational guy will bring his poor decision making nature to ruin your life. You must regret am if you try am.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Berankis: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
You are a lovely friend. Friends like you are 1 in 1,000,000. I wont say more than that... the rest is up to you.
Let him and may be you two can fashion things out. But is he a reliable friend? Some guys are pitiable when they are in the lows but once things get going for them, they forget you immediately.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by ghettochild(m): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month
Whatsapp me....+27737839889
I would love to talk to ur pastor plz.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BlueAir: 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
U can never blame such a person. We all make honest mistakes wether good or bad in our quest for better life or success. If someone makes a good decision for success, we congratulate him,if someone makes a bold decision that ends bad,why do we stigmatize him instead of helping him back to his feet?he not stupidd for trying what others wouldn't. Car wash is paying some people well somewhere
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by proff010: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss
Your brain too much abeg go borrow Tinubu small brain
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by DyingFetus: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
qtguru:
Nigerian banks have a terrible working condition.

But with good pay
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

So I seek an advise from you all
Pls advise me, I'm confused!

What ever your heart lead you to do for him do it but please listen carefully
Don't expect him to do you this same favor in future
Because easily forget

You're a kind man
Blessings

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

What ever your heart lead you to do for him do it but please listen carefully
Don't expect him to do you this same favor in future
Because people easily forget the Good never forget this advice

You're a kind man
Blessings

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Tayorshd87: 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
Akfrenzy:
grin Bank job na contract work with lot's of shady agreement šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

But if u see them inside suits and the way they behave inside bank eeeh , you'll think they're Richer than Dangote šŸ˜†

Eggzactly
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Edipet(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
LaIabobo:
He took a risk albeit a wrong one and it backfired.

He had better go back to his former job/outsourcing firm maybe they can reconsider him.

People only appreciate their "small" salary when it is stopped. Na then eye go clear.
na so eyes clear me. I don dey house 1yr now , I no see that 60k where vi bin dey complain of
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Edipet(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBoscoKing:
Op, your friend has done well if only he can strategize well and get back to his feet strong. Let me tell you to be a contract staff in a bank is frustrated where you will be kept on a stipend called salary for years without increment. I took such decision in January 2010 while I resigned from my bank work as Transaction banking officer (contact staff) in the defunct BankPHB with a salary of #65,000 then. Though it wasn't easy at first seeing myself jobless but thanks to my family they really help me a lot along the line I engaged myself in an engineering vocational training where I learned fabrication engineering for a period of six months in Lagos Immediately I finished the training I got employed in one oil and gas engineering services in lagos with a monthly salary of #157,000 with daily performance bonus of 15%. Today I am happy I took that decision never regret it. If you are in lagos please let him move in with you and tell him to engage himself in a vocational training in engineering field he will be back on his feet strong.
I need to a vocational training center
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BJanta: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
You CANNOT let your friend down in his most trying season. Meanwhile, which item are you smugglers?
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by denko(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
someone earning 70k is not a banker, he a laborer in the bank, bankers earn minimum 250k
Battlefield2:

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by darealez(m): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hahha

It sounds funny

But the truth be say him go dey make more money than that banking job if he can exercise patience

Washing one car goes for 1k to 2k here in Benin city at the local place though...I washed my lexus on Friday for about 1500 naira and it didn't take them 50 minutes to finish washing it

So just imagine he is able to wash twenty cars in a day
That is like twenty thousand naira
Then the boss gives him 10k..imagine someone making 5k to 10k a day...that is something na
Would've supported this if he owned the place. That's a rash decision... Very rash
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by juman(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
Love800:
It depends on the cars.
Caterpillar-1000
Buses-1000
Salon car-600
Keke-700

And na mostly saloon cars dey come the yard. And any money u make from a single car, u divide it and give oga his own share. And u take turns in washing cars because aleast na 3-5 boys usually dey work for car wash. And na on weekends work dey come pass. Mon-fri, work nor too dey. Except say u don tey for the yard and customers dey gbadu ur work con dey relate with u plus giving u tips, if not u go suffer for car wash.

I prefer teenagers living with their parents waiting to enta higher instistutions to work in car wash rather than a full grown adult with responsibilities

Then the story maybe fiction.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
Never believe all that anyone tells you...

I even thought he bought or started a car wash. He is one of those boys washing the cars.

Your friend is an impulsive person and needs to be careful before taking decisions.

You can't accommodate someone when you are not in a good place yourself.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by unbiased2021: 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hahha

It sounds funny

But the truth be say him go dey make more money than that banking job if he can exercise patience

Washing one car goes for 1k to 2k here in Benin city at the local place though...I washed my lexus on Friday for about 1500 naira and it didn't take them 50 minutes to finish washing it

So just imagine he is able to wash twenty cars in a day
That is like twenty thousand naira
Then the boss gives him 10k..imagine someone making 5k to 10k a day...that is something na

You Dey really smoke sha I don see am finish. This time be like na colos you drag.
How many hours Dey one Dey wey he go wash 20 cars Slomir ?
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BennyDGreat: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
Akfrenzy:
grin Bank job na contract work with lot's of shady agreement šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

But if u see them inside suits and the way they behave inside bank eeeh , you'll think they're Richer than Dangote šŸ˜†

Not everybody is on contract but definitely the contract work ends terribly for many folks.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Papagoodness: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:

When you see him give him arizona or loud. There must be a solution
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
ndubest111:

Kindly add me to the group pls 09056610295
chat me on WhatsApp. Number is on my signature
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Danniedpastor(m): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:

So, you sef know Divine Majesty?
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by creamylicious(f): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
please add me to the group. Jobs are hard to come by without connection
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
Danniedpastor:

So, you sef know Divine Majesty?
excellent place for a retreat kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
creamylicious:
please add me to the group. Jobs are hard to come by without connection
chat me on watsapp via my signature
ghettochild:

Whatsapp me....+27737839889
I would love to talk to ur pastor plz.

Chat me on watsapp..phone number is on my signature
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
This one na serious battlefield
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
[quote author=professore post=124947179]kindly add me to a job group.[/quote

Chat me on watsapp. Phone number on my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Iā€™m The Only Woman At My Job ā€” The Life Of An Oil And Gas Engineer At Sea / When A Nigerian Dad & His 3 Children Are All Pilots(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.