Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (37984 Views)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / My Banker Friend Is Looking For A 2nd Income Source. Suggestion Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by NaijaCover(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

So I seek an advise from you all
Pls advise me, I'm confused!

Tell Him To Start Blogging Business And Thank Much Later
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Josephkabila12: 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
Help him in anyway you can
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by tofolo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

you dey mind am, he thinks its that easy.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Olawalejeremy18(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
rookidmart:
A "banker" who earns ₦70k monthly is a bank worker, not a banker.
Yes ooh! You are right. Working FOR a bank is different from working WITH a bank. Assuming he’s a lady, her take home will be up to 200k including the 70k salary. If you know, you know!

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Quebec91(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
cheesy
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Mboi: 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

Your friend only made a move which did not work out as he expected. Do not blame him for it. Many rich men today have made a lot of wrong business decisions that depleted their money at one time or the other. Your friend is not a lazy guy, he does not procrastinate. Yes he made the mistake today but I tell you he will definitely succeed. Do not blame him, encourage him. Help him, he will bounce back, trust me. According to you, he said he wants to strategize... That's the word of a man who is bound to succeed in life. He believed that one has failed but he has not failed.

6 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Winters23: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month

Those who profit from religion are worst than politicians.

Go get a life
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Biola67: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
Start a business in Nigeria don’t japa gang don advice am 🀣🀣🀣
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by JohnBoscoKing: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
Op, your friend has done well if only he can strategize well and get back to his feet strong. Let me tell you to be a contract staff in a bank is frustrated where you will be kept on a stipend called salary for years without increment. I took such decision in January 2010 while I resigned from my bank work as Transaction banking officer (contact staff) in the defunct BankPHB with a salary of #65,000 then. Though it wasn't easy at first seeing myself jobless but thanks to my family they really help me a lot along the line I engaged myself in an engineering vocational training where I learned fabrication engineering for a period of six months in Lagos Immediately I finished the training I got employed in one oil and gas engineering services in lagos with a monthly salary of #157,000 with daily performance bonus of 15%. Today I am happy I took that decision never regret it. If you are in lagos please let him move in with you and tell him to engage himself in a vocational training in engineering field he will be back on his feet strong.

6 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by emudayo(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
You don't have solution but you are quick to bring it to the public

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by abba190: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:

hahaha grin grin that ur friend very funny nd dumb person
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by YeyeGbami: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:

Tell him to pack back into his family house, if he wan do car wash job he should do it from his family house. That way he won’t pay rent.

If you like accomodate am, na you know how much mouth your income fit carry.

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by stacyadams: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month

Lol. Ndi divine majesty cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by InvertedHammer: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss

/
grin grin grin

/
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Perseverance127: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
He should apply for another job with a different bank from the former. I heard that's how bankers progress, by moving from one bank to another.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Bestchuks1: 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
So heart broking story,
First and foremost, let him go back to his family house, atleast he has a place call home. No shame in going back.
Secondly, let him seek counsel from a professional religion body.
Apply for any available job vacancy seen within his vicinity (teaching job if he is a graduate)
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by forerunner022(m): 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Well, the truth is the guy took a good decision in a bad direction. Working in a bank is not uhuru, and mostly you see bankers nodding tie on suits with little or nothing to write home about. Like someone said, all na packaging. If the guy realizes that the life of packaging will not pay him and decides to face reality by doing a menial job that he anticipates will pay well, it is not a bad idea. The only place I fault him is his hasty resignation without making proper findings. If I were him, and since he is staying in his family house, I would save towards opening my private car wash and make it attractive for customers. With that, he would have attain the financial freedom he craved for. I feel for him though. Las las he go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Lanre1st(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Most times your friends did not tell you the truth, he will said he resigned while he was sacked instead without benefits

But he will tell many lies for people to sympathize

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Kossyso: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Work wey you just start, you come dey expect to make am immediately. Life doesn't work like that. Be patient, learn the ropes of the work, and sooner you will start reaping the benefits that comes with it. Get rich quick is always the problem of our youths. I gave up a whole lot to learn the skill I am eating from right now. Though it wasn't easy but it took me a whole 2years to acquire this skill and looking at the rewards now, it's worth it. Patience is the key.

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Bimbilla(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
He is one of those who don't value what they have until they lose it
Battlefield2:

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by vvvbobby205(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:

Can I chat you
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by ppogba: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Your friend is not a banker.
He is just a bank worker like the security man and the cleaners.

The earlier people get the distinction, the better.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Love800(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lies
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hahha

It sounds funny

But the truth be say him go dey make more money than that banking job if he can exercise patience

Washing one car goes for 1k to 2k here in Benin city at the local place though...I washed my lexus on Friday for about 1500 naira and it didn't take them 50 minutes to finish washing it

So just imagine he is able to wash twenty cars in a day
That is like twenty thousand naira
Then the boss gives him 10k..imagine someone making 5k to 10k a day...that is something na

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Mhizzard(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Since you can't declin his coming,i will advise u to find a place he can work pending the time of his strategy
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Love800(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lies
juman:
He should be patient with car washing job.
His friend might be right that he can get 5k per day.

Maybe the business is slow this time around because of subsidy issue. It would bounce back soon.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by NovusHomo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:

Sorry, but your friend is not a banker by profession. Probably a bank teller (cashier), clerk, secretary, cleaner, messenger or something along that line. That is why his pay is that low. Not everyone who works in a bank is a banker.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BABAawoo47: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Akfrenzy:
grin Bank job na contract work with lot's of shady agreement πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But if u see them inside suits and the way they behave inside bank eeeh , you'll think they're Richer than Dangote πŸ˜†
normal bank workers are well paid oo. But that contract na pure rubbish. That's what makes it more frustrating for the contract workers
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by magzey: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
A contract staff cannit burst to be a Banker ,Earning 70 and people will put an eye on him working in a bank
Starting a car working business can be ok for him he might earn more money and still have time for himself grin
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Ekejoestar(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lol, he wasn't wrong for leaving a job of 70k in search of a better pay but his mistake is leaving corporate slavery to enter street slavery.

He should have saved enough money maybe for like 2-3yrs so that he can start his own car washing stand b4 leaving the banking job.

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by ipobarecriminals: 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
shocked grin cheesy grin πŸ‘up.May ur wisdom never turn to foolishness
slimjohn2k5:
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by millionboi2: 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
ppogba:
Your friend is not a banker.
He is just a bank worker like the security man and the cleaners.

The earlier people get the distinction, the better.
banker or not banker,he was not making the money
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by qtguru(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nigerian banks have a terrible working condition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / I’m The Only Woman At My Job β€” The Life Of An Oil And Gas Engineer At Sea / When A Nigerian Dad & His 3 Children Are All Pilots(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.