Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (37923 Views)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / My Banker Friend Is Looking For A 2nd Income Source. Suggestion Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Dadatao1998: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss
Lol, that reason may be considered if he had stated the reason in the resignation letter in the first place.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SSpeter(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
Akfrenzy:
grin Bank job na contract work with lot's of shady agreement πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But if u see them inside suits and the way they behave inside bank eeeh , you'll think they're Richer than Dangote πŸ˜†
Bankers are rich, I mean really rich. I worked in Treasury sales for a new generation bank for a year and six months and the amount of money I made (from bonuses salaries and deals) a civil servant or Normal worker won't make it in 12 years

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Jokerman(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
JohnBoscoKing:
Op, your friend has done well if only he can strategize well and get back to his feet strong. Let me tell you to be a contract staff in a bank is frustrated where you will be kept on a stipend called salary for years without increment. I took such decision in January 2010 while I resigned from my bank work as Transaction banking officer (contact staff) in the defunct BankPHB with a salary of #65,000 then. Though it wasn't easy at first seeing myself jobless but thanks to my family they really help me a lot along the line I engaged myself in an engineering vocational training where I learned fabrication engineering for a period of six months in Lagos Immediately I finished the training I got employed in one oil and gas engineering services in lagos with a monthly salary of #157,000 with daily performance bonus of 15%. Today I am happy I took that decision never regret it. If you are in lagos please let him move in with you and tell him to engage himself in a vocational training in engineering field he will be back on his feet strong.

Thank you for this.

People need to train in STEM fields to make money especially in Engineering e.g RAC Engineering, Automobile,Welding, Maintenance and servicing, etc....

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by orjibra1: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
This guy left 300K job to become a teacher and he'sdoing well now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryz0jjIXlU
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by wale8486: 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
dnt blame the guy for no reason,he is contract staff in d bank and not a banker.dnt make d mistake of thinking anybody who works in d bank is a banker.
A contract staff in d bank does the hardest job and collect peanut as salary.The worst thing that can happen to human being is to be a contract staff in d bank cos u will RUN and never make it in d job.Do u knw how it feels when u are doing a job that u knw deep inside u that u cannot make it in life with that job except you steal?
i hav been a contract staff in a bank for 10yrs now and believe me i dnt hav 5k in my bank account.

The guy took a bold step that im afraid to take.

Since he is not married,he will bounce bak but pls never advice him to go back to d bank as a contract staff.
They treat us as a second class citizen in d bank just because we are CONTRACT STAFF in d bank.

And the most annoying part is that we trained most of the people the bank employed directly cos those guys knows nothing.they are just OPPORTUNIST.

3 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Housing(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hahha

It sounds funny

But the truth be say him go dey make more money than that banking job if he can exercise patience

Washing one car goes for 1k to 2k here in Benin city at the local place though...I washed my lexus on Friday for about 1500 naira and it didn't take them 50 minutes to finish washing it

So just imagine he is able to wash twenty cars in a day
That is like twenty thousand naira
Then the boss gives him 10k..imagine someone making 5k to 10k a day...that is something na

What happened to the real OP behind this Moniker? He appears more intelligent than what the present handler always dish out. How can someone that uses 50minutes on a car be able to wash 20cars a day?

The former handler is more funny, intelligent and unique.

3 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Chineloani(f): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
Don't blame the guy too much. I guess he was a support staff at the bank and didn't see a Future for himself in there.

With his experience at that bank, if it's not UBA, he should seek an outsourcing firm that would get him another bank job in UBA or other banks. If he pulls through, let him develop himself by starting NOUN master's program or PGD to boost his resume and knowledge as well. From there, he can seek opportunities in many Fields in and out of Nigeria.

While waiting for the job, he should go home and Apologize to his family for making a wrong move and for lying to their faces.

He can start all over again. At least, he is not a dead man.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by badonkadonk: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month

Tell us more about this place
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by MeineMutter: 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Leave. Let him be. Things will soon pick. Dry season is almost here and car wash biz picks.

I am sure his mental health is more important too. The work he is doing in bank is like a slav.ery work.

Let him endure and learn till next year. He will set up his own car wash biz elsewhere and start making a decent living.

All he needs, for a start, are: a space that can accommodate at least 2 vehicles - side-by-side, a space where 3 okadas can be washed on a DIY basis, drum, access to borehole or running water, washing accessories, rugged pressure washer, bench, shed.

I am certain he would thank God for leaving that yeye work he is calling career.

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Dadatao1998: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
Bar1941:
His Pastor must have told him his destiny is in car wash industry.

That is how one told a woman that had been into fashion designing for over 2decades that her carrier is in Nursing, she quitted her biz and learnt Nursing for 3 years in a hospital. After she finished no tangible job, she had to return to her fashion biz after 5years break.
There is a Yoruba saying that says " A star seers only sees the glimpse of the star, if he sees the full star, people would be adoring him".
Which means, most spiritual people are not always correct sometimes.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by bolademi(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

So I seek an advise from you all
Pls advise me, I'm confused!

Two of you can set up a car wash CENTRE the business is not bad

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Benwallt(m): 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
Maybe he can't resist the smell of detergent
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin grin This sounds ridiculous and very strange.In this bad economic period?
Obviously the village forces are really focused on the guy's case file and are following him up without a break.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
God Abeg ooo.

May Nigeria never happen to me again in my dear life timeπŸ™
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Mayeldah(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
let him go back home first, he can tell them that the transfer didn't work out and he was sacked. at least he will have a place to sleep in.

let him not go back to that bank contract job, I have done that kind of work in the past and it is pure slavery, Thank God today I am doing very well.

Let him re-strategize and get a full time job somewhere else. he may start with a teaching job at the moment till he gets something better.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by APC2: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Don't bring any burden on yourself because of someone's stupid decision. He may do something stupid and cause problem for you. Let him go to the house of his friend who gave him the advice
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by sherylbaky(f): 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Bar1941:
His Pastor must have told him his destiny is in car wash industry.

That is how one told a woman that had been into fashion designing for over 2decades that her carrier is in Nursing, she quitted her biz and learnt Nursing for 3 years in a hospital. After she finished no tangible job, she had to return to her fashion biz after 5years break.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by jigabanty(m): 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hahha

It sounds funny

But the truth be say him go dey make more money than that banking job if he can exercise patience

Washing one car goes for 1k to 2k here in Benin city at the local place though...I washed my lexus on Friday for about 1500 naira and it didn't take them 50 minutes to finish washing it

So just imagine he is able to wash twenty cars in a day
That is like twenty thousand naira
Then the boss gives him 10k..imagine someone making 5k to 10k a day...that is something na

OP, con see your guy cousin for here...
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by zebszebs: 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:

My guy have done it before in a bank and it worked.

Like I said it depends on the rapport

How can a full-grown human being not know where to use "have" or "has" ?

How can an adult use "have" or a singular object?

I have observed this error recently, and it seems to me like Folie Γ  deux or there is something in the air in Nigeria turning your brains.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by seniorgozman(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
I will advice he starts with smaller car wash. Those ones that wash transporters buses. You will see them along the road where there is water. He only needs to settle union
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by juman(m): 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Love800:
Lies

So what is the truth?
How much do the car washers get?
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by ppogba: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
millionboi2:
banker or not banker,he was not making the money

It is the sensationalism in the headline that I am trying to address. " Banker quits his job to work in a car wash".
What manner of banker does that?

Please do not be offended.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Karleb(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
Don't pity him. Let him learn! angry
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by juman(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
I have seen a person that quit his lucrative iIT job and be doing cleaning job.
He said it was too stressful for him, he felt like committing suicide to escape the stress.

He then regained his happiness.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by abuhusna1: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

I want to assure you that you will lose yourself trying to please others. If he can take decision without you I'm sure he can bear the outcome alone cos if he had been making good money like they told him he won't reach out to you for a long time
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Gana101(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
Boss abeg add me too in the job group
No job since graduation, I'm seriously struggling
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by bjdon: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:

Tell him NOT to come to you. He's a full grown man and needs to take responsibility for his actions.

I will strongly advise you to cut this guy off from your life. People like this are drains on your energy. Remember there are only so many hours in the day and you need to spend them totally focused in YOUR life and progress. It may sound selfish, but tht is how succsful people make it. They are totally focused on their plans and goals, to the exclusion of everything else.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Bashnigga(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss
Hmmmmm!!!
That lie get PhD o cheesy
Might actually work though
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by LordBillionz: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
Unperturbedpota:
Learn to mind your business . Bein a poknosing busy body gossip is so bad Espinoza for a man.

Just imagine how this gossip started the gossip about his friend to us.

I swear this story is not a lie

Exactly how my woman stats her gossip stories about our neighbours πŸ˜ͺ

Then this gossip went on to type a whole long story about his friend to us.

My people pray against friends like the OP they are worse than satan in your life .

Imagine all he details and gist he told us total strangers about his friend now imagine what he will tell to those who know his friend.

This one is a satanic gossip and a busy body .

If you tell people like the OP your secret you are finished . Imagine if thos man was a woman!!? Omo na endless gossiping stories every day about all her friends .

This is I somebody's son o?

What a Shame
Do you know the OP?
Did he say his name or that of his friend?
Did he say the bank the friend worked?
Did he even say the state?

Omo, he did nothing bad. It's very obvious he doesn't know which decision to make so as not to hurt himself or his friend either. It's help that he needs and he came here to seek for it. Advice him and don't condemn him.

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by dennisworld1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Can he sell kolos. That pays alot
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by maxiart2(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
justmi1:
Life is about risk but this was a stupid, especially that he didn't open the car wash for himself; something he could have easily done as a side hustle. Then he make a decision based on prospects.
Maybe he got the advice from a mad man

That was my thought as well. I was thinking he will open a car wash stand and employ workers. Not knowing he's going to be among the workers.

Not a good move at all.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by gentlemate00: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
Most job in Nigerian banks is base on contract where the job security is not guarantee however someone trying to do something else you never understand his struggle. i believe you should let him carry his cross and his life too however bank staff live more on credit those shine shoes and blazer is basically on credit. The advantages working in a bank is just the experiences not necessary the money because they make nothing much expect if the bank staff involves in shady stuff not necessary rich. Cheers.

Battlefield2:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Widow Who Rides Keke, Becomes A Successful Entrepreneur, Inspires Nigerians / How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.