Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,565 members, 7,823,485 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (37952 Views)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / My Banker Friend Is Looking For A 2nd Income Source. Suggestion Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by ibinaboonline: 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Oga, u no read where him say na maximum 3 cars him don wash since him start the. Work? Which kain patience u dey yarn?
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hahha

It sounds funny

But the truth be say him go dey make more money than that banking job if he can exercise patience

Washing one car goes for 1k to 2k here in Benin city at the local place though...I washed my lexus on Friday for about 1500 naira and it didn't take them 50 minutes to finish washing it

So just imagine he is able to wash twenty cars in a day
That is like twenty thousand naira
Then the boss gives him 10k..imagine someone making 5k to 10k a day...that is something na
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by ibinaboonline: 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
You obviously hate gossips. So do I. Passionately. But don't blame the OP too much. this is a faceless forum.
Unperturbedpota:
Learn to mind your business . Bein a poknosing busy body gossip is so bad Espinoza for a man.

Just imagine how this gossip started the gossip about his friend to us.

I swear this story is not a lie

Exactly how my woman stats her gossip stories about our neighbours 😪

Then this gossip went on to type a whole long story about his friend to us.

My people pray against friends like the OP they are worse than satan in your life .

Imagine all he details and gist he told us total strangers about his friend now imagine what he will tell to those who know his friend.

This one is a satanic gossip and a busy body .

If you tell people like the OP your secret you are finished . Imagine if thos man was a woman!!? Omo na endless gossiping stories every day about all her friends .

This is I somebody's son o?

What a Shame
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Anonymoususher: 7:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
Well for me I think quitting that slavery job in the bank is the biggest miracle that happened to him. Though he didn't consult well or ask before accepting to join the car wash job but I think the most important thing is that he has broken off from the shackles of office slavery. Things May be tough now but if he remains steadfast and work smartly he will be fine in no time.

I am boldly saying this because I took same path three years ago and I am 10 times better than I was.

I was a salary earner surviving on 60k monthly future was bleak and after searching for another job the best offer I got was 120k so one day I decided to quit.

I dropped my certificate and went to hustle in alaba international market. My friends, parents were disappointed that a graduate could condescend so low but thank God for my fiancee that encouraged me.

It wasnt easy but in three years I think I am far far better. If I should calculate my monthly income I get sometimes more than 500k in a month. I have other side businesses and also take good care of my mom.

I saw one of my colleagues 2wks ago and he looks old and hungry. He said his pay has been increased to 75k. Within me I wept but left to where I was going. I brought him to the company and since have been encouraging him to quit and Search for another job at least but dude is too scared and comfortable to move.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Funkybabee(f): 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Be praying for him, don't abuse him, he has finished his thoughts that was why he took that action, depressing work is bad than hunger, I think he has been depressed through that banking work, he will bounce back

Happiness matter, tell him to stroll around to look for company around him to eork since it's lag
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by linearity: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Call him back and tell him that, you have equally quit your job and you are now a Petrol Station fuel attendant on the advice of a very good friend that it is more lucrative!

That since two days now, you guys have only sold petrol to three customers.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by chypotenti(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
Village people don finally locate this man!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
qtguru:
Nigerian banks have a terrible working condition.

I saw your diary updates, congrats. Oya come and wash it for me.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Knetpro(m): 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
woginid967:

Banker wey dey yansh women... Mtchew

He should cleanse himself spiritually first then go into importation biz and POS. He will be alright

Lmao

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Fantazy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
If he can do any legit job available when he comes to your side fine. Let him come, look for any job available for him.
In a month he start feeding himself till he gets a better job.
If the car washing job is moving as his cousin told him, I won't blame him for quitting the bank job. 70k in this economy isn't something to rely upon.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by holicupp(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
car wash is actually lucrative
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by fortunechy(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
Which bank that pays their workers 70k Perhaps, he was a contract staff...
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by campbelljosh(m): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
The guy made a bad decision but you all are sounding as if Car washing is a bad thing to do. How much you make in a car wash depends on location and number of customers you have coming to patronise you. Tbh, i work in a car wash and today alone i made about 8k plus, minus the expenses incurred.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by qtguru(m): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
IconicR:
I saw your diary updates, congrats. Oya come and wash it for me.

I prob might do something for NL peeps like giveaway or something. To show love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Sholuwa241: 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
Mrsoft3:

when people make a choice always leave them to their repercussion.

if it turned out well like he imagine he won't reach out to you, his hands got burnt and now he called you. you don't have more reason why you should not put yourself in a tight corner.
how sure are you he won't make a decision that will harm you tomorrow?
he has bank experience let him go and apply.
he should return to his parent's house and start all over again, the highest you can do for him is send job opportunities his way, people like this done think thru or make the research they just dive right in, with no calculated risk, no counsel.

even the bible said in the multitude of counsel there is safety. For your mental and physical health do not bring him in.

Me I no they like must people talk here o because some they talk like does when high on hard drug , take this advice and rest your sane head one place .
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
qtguru:

I prob might do something for NL peeps like giveaway or something. To show love.
😂 keep being nice, posterity will be kind to you as well.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Sholuwa241: 10:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
campbelljosh:
The guy made a bad decision but you all are sounding as if Car washing is a bad thing to do. How much you make in a car wash depends on location and number of customers you have coming to patronise you. Tbh, i work in a car wash and today alone i made about 8k plus, minus the expenses incurred.

I want to believed you own the car wash , that why you made 8000 today let me tell you , you can not retired on that job is not a professional job and anybody when they hustle e no they easy for am man , onles u get plans to move from that car wash hustle to proper business if not u go grow white hair I don tell u, e get while get sence .
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by woginid967: 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Love800:
Abeg go sit down. Who cleansing help
Expect u want to be an occultic or u work hard and smart, make grace find u.

How many hard working peeps grace don find.... Keep selling hope.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Chidolalar: 12:24am On Aug 08, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
chat me on WhatsApp. Number is on my signature
Hello sister am also interested in finding a job. Can u link me up with any by chatting u up
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by seanchuks: 12:37am On Aug 08, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month
Pls, add me to d job group
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Chidolalar: 12:38am On Aug 08, 2023
Anonymoususher:
Well for me I think quitting that slavery job in the bank is the biggest miracle that happened to him. Though he didn't consult well or ask before accepting to join the car wash job but I think the most important thing is that he has broken off from the shackles of office slavery. Things May be tough now but if he remains steadfast and work smartly he will be fine in no time.

I am boldly saying this because I took same path three years ago and I am 10 times better than I was.

I was a salary earner surviving on 60k monthly future was bleak and after searching for another job the best offer I got was 120k so one day I decided to quit.

I dropped my certificate and went to hustle in alaba international market. My friends, parents were disappointed that a graduate could condescend so low but thank God for my fiancee that encouraged me.

It wasnt easy but in three years I think I am far far better. If I should calculate my monthly income I get sometimes more than 500k in a month. I have other side businesses and also take good care of my mom.

I saw one of my colleagues 2wks ago and he looks old and hungry. He said his pay has been increased to 75k. Within me I wept but left to where I was going. I brought him to the company and since have been encouraging him to quit and Search for another job at least but dude is too scared and comfortable to move.
So what business did u venture into that made u start making over 500k a month
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by jimcaddy(m): 12:42am On Aug 08, 2023
It's honestly tough out there. In Nigeria you can barely survive on 100k salary, not to talk of 70k. It cannot cover transport alone. I won't blame him for resigning, but the problem is he should have weighed his options very well before resigning. I'm also in the same shoes, it's not easy being a Nigerian living in this useless country, trying to survive. No one gives a hoot about you. That's why I don't blame those who delve into crime to survive in this Nigeria. Salary can never sustain you.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Omoa1: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2023
He’s man enough to make his own decisions. He won’t die if he has to make another one to take him outta the shit he got himself into🤨. It’s simply called taking responsibility of one’s actions. Don’t forget the economy is harsh enough than for you to add extra baggages to the one you are struggling with.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by samz77: 7:53am On Aug 08, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

So I seek an advise from you all
Pls advise me, I'm confused!
tell your friend to exercise patience in his current job. the coast would soon be cleared. just tell not to leave the cash washing job
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by upuphim(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2023
As a good friend according to you and you can't afford to refuse his request. I suggest if he comes, direct him to our Pwan Group training centre in your neighborhood. I believe he can make a fortune, giving his exposure. For any questions, you may reach me on oazimo@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by jetson06: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2023
He is stupid for leaving his family house when he knows he doesnt have money. Free house dey for you, you come pack comot. What an idiot!
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by jetson06: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2023
You lack common sense.

woginid967:

Banker wey dey yansh women... Mtchew

He should cleanse himself spiritually first then go into importation biz and POS. He will be alright
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by nomolos92: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month

Please I'll love to be in the job group
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Anonymoususher: 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
Chidolalar:

So what business did u venture into that made u start making over 500k a month

Did you ask this question to know or you feel it's a lie?
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
qtguru:

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Emperor5(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
If he can't manage 70k when living in his family house that means he can't manage million. Some people earn less than 70k monthly but they pay rent and other miscellaneous expenses
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by MALIGNANTHost(f): 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
qtguru:

Please o
Remember me
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by woginid967: 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
jetson06:
You lack common sense.

My sense is rare. You can go hug transformer with your common sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things To Know About Airport Cleaner Girl Who Returned Lost N12m In 2015 / Check Out Amazing Photos Of A Curvy Nigeria’s Female Firefighter / How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.