Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (37982 Views)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / My Banker Friend Is Looking For A 2nd Income Source. Suggestion Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
NaijaSumigan:

I will like to be added to that job group... Kindly help
I'm chat me on watsapp. Phone number is on my signature

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Ohraybs(m): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

So I seek an advise from you all
Pls advise me, I'm confused!

He should first go and kill that cousin or relative that advises him first before finding another job cos if the guy still dey his life, another mumu advise go still dey available for him
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by GloriousGbola: 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

Made up story or the guy is super stupid. Did the people washing the cars look like people earning 100k plus a month?

How many cars do you have to wash a day to hit 5k? After paying for water and car shampoo?

A person working in a bank without a head for numbers.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Love800(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
Yea. It may
juman:

Then the story maybe fiction.

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Sirchiboy: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
SSpeter:
Bankers are rich, I mean really rich. I worked in Treasury sales for a new generation bank for a year and six months and the amount of money I made (from bonuses salaries and deals) a civil servant or Normal worker won't make it in 12 years
Please how much is a bank entry salary for HND holders.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Igbokwechika101(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Since is your Good friend.please kindly bring he or her closer.life on his own is difficult we all trying hard to survive.and always put them in prayer whenever you thank you.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Chocolate91(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
there is something u guys don't understand about this bank job, depending on the function.
as a teller, u might be getting 1k -2k daily and still have ur salary intact and u have access to loan via internal cooperative or provision from bank with low interest rate.

He made the wrong move cox he was supposed to buy his washing machine other needed equipment while working and or learn skill before leaving his job.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Chocolate91(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
There is something u guys don't understand about this bank job, depending on the function.
as a teller, u might be getting 1k -2k daily and still have ur salary intact and u have access to loan via internal cooperative or provision from bank with low interest rate.
He made the wrong move cox he was supposed to buy his washing machine other needed equipment while working and or learn skill before leaving his job.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Slickbishop(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month

What is dis one even saying
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by NaijaSumigan: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:

I'm chat me on watsapp. Phone number is on my signature

Thanks!
I appreciate
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Xkale1996(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
woginid967:

Banker wey dey yansh women... Mtchew

He should cleanse himself spiritually first then go into importation biz and POS. He will be alright
yansh women as in how
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by labake1(f): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
Olawalejeremy18:
Yes ooh! You are right. Working FOR a bank is different from working WITH a bank. Assuming he’s a lady, her take home will be up to 200k including the 70k salary. If you know, you know!

I don't know, let me know
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by OyinO: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
E get why
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by AmbassadoR100(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
Accommodate him. Advice him to look for a job as soon as possible. Thank God he's a graduate.
Battlefield2:

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BennyDGreat: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
SSpeter:
Bankers are rich, I mean really rich. I worked in Treasury sales for a new generation bank for a year and six months and the amount of money I made (from bonuses salaries and deals) a civil servant or Normal worker won't make it in 12 years

Those ones are not contract nau.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BennyDGreat: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
zebszebs:

How can a full-grown human being not know where to use "have" or "has" ?

How can an adult use "have" or a singular object?

I have observed this error recently, and it seems to me like Folie à deux or there is something in the air in Nigeria turning your brains.

See as you are correcting the guy like he's a low life and worthless being..... haba bros calm down na
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by InvertedHammer: 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:

/
Let's assume he makes N75,000/month gross.
After deductions (15% = N11,200), his take home is N63,800
Working 20 days in a month == N63,800/20 = N3,190 per day.
Subtract job-related expenses for the month (eg. transportation, clothing, etc)
Then subtract job-related stress.

If he can make N2,500 per day at the car wash, his life will be better off. He may need to find something else part-time to do when car wash business slows after 12noon. He should expand his skills to waxing, detailing and cleaning of foggy headlamps.

With high resilience and avoidance of ladies like a plague, he may be better off after a year. Nothing is easy at the beginning. However, he should have done weekend car wash to have a feel of it before quitting his job.

/
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Alonso91(m): 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
woginid967:

Banker wey dey yansh women... Mtchew

He should cleanse himself spiritually first then go into importation biz and POS. He will be alright

"Cleanse himself spiritually"

Oil dey ur head

2 bottles of chilled big stout for you

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by WorldRichest: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss

Whatever you are smoking, stop it before it stops you. And for those who "LIKE" you comment, I think what they are smoking is stronger than what you are smoking
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BennyDGreat: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ohraybs:

He should first go and kill that cousin or relative that advises him first before finding another job cos if the guy still dey his life, another mumu advise go still dey available for him

Anyone that can advice a man to take another man's life is a potential murderer and must be properly put on surveillance for the safety of people.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by charlizonto: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
SanctifiedSista:
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month

Pls where in ijesha cos I also reside in the area tóo
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by omotayocaleb(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2023
You need to check with him what make him happy. there may be a future for him in car wash than in the bank- may i ask what was he doing in the bank and the class of his employment? he may be looking unkempt but i hope you know say work place is not a fashion house.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Yusufisraelj(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss

You think the bank is a zoo? You can go and come anytime?

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by sageb: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
First he needs to be flogged before any advice is giving,very senseless human being

So hilarious
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SSpeter(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Please how much is a bank entry salary for HND holders.
No bank pays their entry level core staff less than 250k after confirmation
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Kemadealadire(f): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
So, he quit to go wash cars under someone else not that he went to start up his. Nawa oh, he didn't plan well, if you can't accommodate him, let him know, taking care of an adult these days isn't child's play.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Collinswyatt2: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
No let am come ur house oh
Na mumu him be
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Harrisonwo(m): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
wale8486:
dnt blame the guy for no reason,he is contract staff in d bank and not a banker.dnt make d mistake of thinking anybody who works in d bank is a banker.
A contract staff in d bank does the hardest job and collect peanut as salary.The worst thing that can happen to human being is to be a contract staff in d bank cos u will RUN and never make it in d job.Do u knw how it feels when u are doing a job that u knw deep inside u that u cannot make it in life with that job except you steal?
i hav been a contract staff in a bank for 10yrs now and believe me i dnt hav 5k in my bank account.

The guy took a bold step that im afraid to take.

Since he is not married,he will bounce bak but pls never advice him to go back to d bank as a contract staff.
They treat us as a second class citizen in d bank just because we are CONTRACT STAFF in d bank.

And the most annoying part is that we trained most of the people the bank employed directly cos those guys knows nothing.they are just OPPORTUNIST.

Hmmmm

Doesn't the bank you work for have covertion programmes at least from contract to core staff?
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by professore(m): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
[quote author=SanctifiedSista post=124949059][/quote] I have done that thank you.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by duduade: 7:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Let me translate from Yoruba to English

Life is doing him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / I’m The Only Woman At My Job — The Life Of An Oil And Gas Engineer At Sea / When A Nigerian Dad & His 3 Children Are All Pilots(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.