Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (37991 Views)

Why Abia Policeman Dropped His Rifle, Walked Away From His Job - PIDOMNIGERIA / UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / My Banker Friend Is Looking For A 2nd Income Source. Suggestion Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Chidolalar: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
Anonymoususher:

Did you ask this question to know or you feel it's a lie?

I asked to know so that I can learn from it and look forward to benefit from it
Sorry for d late reply
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Anonymoususher: 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Chidolalar:

I asked to know so that I can learn from it and look forward to benefit from it
Sorry for d late reply

OK sir.

I started first by going to various market (mostly alaba intl) to take pictures of electronics, ask for their prices and begin to market online. For example if the seller says the goods is 60k, I may market it for 80k and pocket my 20k profit.

At first everywhere was dry but I remained steadfast until the sales began to Come. Once a buyer indicates interest, for those that easily trust, they pay and I quickly run to the store, pay, get my receipt and deliver.

For customers that are scared of making payment before delivery, I quickly rush to the market and Wen they come I take them to the shop acting like I work there (at least the shop owners understand).

That was what I did until I began to build trust and gain ground. My online promotions were bringing sales so alot of the pple I collect good from them on credit, sell and pay them (I was credit worthy).

When I started at least I could make two sales a week and get like 10 to 20k but at a point I could make over 100k a week.

To cut long story short, after a year, I was able to start up pos in a space I saw there. The POS was a breakthrough. In the busy market and transactions were steady.

Most days I get above 15k daily from POS alone while I was still doing my normal hustle.

2022 I got a car for hire purchase e-hailing and driver delivers 30k weekly while my sales from the normal hustle has increase. Sometimes in a month from profit alone I get like 300k (that's excluding pos and uber own revenue).

I am seeking to have a shop of my own.

So that's it

2 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Chidolalar: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2023
Anonymoususher:

OK sir.

I started first by going to various market (mostly alaba intl) to take pictures of electronics, ask for their prices and begin to market online. For example if the seller says the goods is 60k, I may market it for 80k and pocket my 20k profit.

At first everywhere was dry but I remained steadfast until the sales began to Come. Once a buyer indicates interest, for those that easily trust, they pay and I quickly run to the store, pay, get my receipt and deliver.

For customers that are scared of making payment before delivery, I quickly rush to the market and Wen they come I take them to the shop acting like I work there (at least the shop owners understand).

That was what I did until I began to build trust and gain ground. My online promotions were bringing sales so alot of the pple I collect good from them on credit, sell and pay them (I was credit worthy).

When I started at least I could make two sales a week and get like 10 to 20k but at a point I could make over 100k a week.

To cut long story short, after a year, I was able to start up pos in a space I saw there. The POS was a breakthrough. In the busy market and transactions were steady.

Most days I get above 15k daily from POS alone while I was still doing my normal hustle.

2022 I got a car for hire purchase e-hailing and driver delivers 30k weekly while my sales from the normal hustle has increase. Sometimes in a month from profit alone I get like 300k (that's excluding pos and uber own revenue).

So that's it
Wow this is so wonderful from you
There is a lot of competition from these business now
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by wale8486: 10:27am On Aug 09, 2023
Harrisonwo:

Hmmmm

Doesn't the bank you work for have covertion programmes at least from contract to core staff?

They dont.

They are just selfish people who never wants u to grow.
They believe in CHEAP LABOUR
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Ernesthugo(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2023
ONLY BAD NEWS HAVE MORE VIEWS
POST YOUR BUSINESS ONLY 10 VIEWS
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Omoapena(m): 7:52am On Aug 10, 2023
Anonymoususher:

OK sir.

So that's it

This is very nice….

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by caandi: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2023
JohnBoscoKing:
Op, your friend has done well if only he can strategize well and get back to his feet strong. Let me tell you to be a contract staff in a bank is frustrated where you will be kept on a stipend called salary for years without increment. I took such decision in January 2010 while I resigned from my bank work as Transaction banking officer (contact staff) in the defunct BankPHB with a salary of #65,000 then. Though it wasn't easy at first seeing myself jobless but thanks to my family they really help me a lot along the line I engaged myself in an engineering vocational training where I learned fabrication engineering for a period of six months in Lagos Immediately I finished the training I got employed in one oil and gas engineering services in lagos with a monthly salary of #157,000 with daily performance bonus of 15%. Today I am happy I took that decision never regret it. If you are in lagos please let him move in with you and tell him to engage himself in a vocational training in engineering field he will be back on his feet strong.
hello
Pls where in Lagos did you learn this course?
And how lucrative is it?
I mean if one was to relocate outside the country can you use it to secure a job overseas??
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Anonymoususher: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Chidolalar:

Wow this is so wonderful from you
There is a lot of competition from these business now

It's not easy but while on my job I was marketing and sometimes make some sales so that was a motivation for me to quit and face it full time.
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Ohraybs(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Anyone that can advice a man to take another man's life is a potential murderer and must be properly put on surveillance for the safety of people.

Kpele oh Mr Surveilance
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by iamyemiakins(m): 10:07am On Aug 11, 2023
qtguru:

I prob might do something for NL peeps like giveaway or something. To show love.
Congratulations boss!
I await your giveaway o
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
charlizonto:

Pls where in ijesha cos I also reside in the area tóo
pls confirm if you now have the address of the place
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2023
seanchuks:
Pls, add me to d job group
https:///EXhnJQawnUZ6PuYlul8qIp
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
nomolos92:

Please I'll love to be in the job group

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Chidolalar:

Hello sister am also interested in finding a job. Can u link me up with any by chatting u up
https:///EXhnJQawnUZ6PuYlul8qIp congratulations
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2023
professore:
kindly add me to a job group.
. https:///EXhnJQawnUZ6PuYlul8qIp
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by nomolos92: 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2023
SanctifiedSista:

Couldn't join with the link, please add me manually 07039349718
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by ahmedio2017(m): 7:06am On Nov 14, 2023
Add me too I need a legit job 08146692865

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated / How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / I’m The Only Woman At My Job — The Life Of An Oil And Gas Engineer At Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.