Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,039 members, 7,835,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo (71994 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Limca Or Goldspot: Which Was Your Favourite? / This Fried Rice Doesn't Go Bad Quickly - See The Secret (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Demurray: 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2023
Burob:
Throwback, forever on point.
No be throwback for nothing as in experience.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by HenryWilliams(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
Green Sands Shandy..
Parle Soda
Dr Pepper

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by manlawal(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:

Fanta Ginger Ale.

I remember seeing that one up to 1994.

I think the production was stopped when Fanta Chapman began, which also stopped a few years after.
there is still ginger ale in the northern part but very scarce. I saw it last in abuja 2016

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by gentleguy1975: 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
The elders in the house will still remember:crush, lemonade, green sand sandy
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Timothy89(m): 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
I remembered very well, what about Dr pepper? no one is talking of that too
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by gentleguy1975: 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
manlawal:
there is still ginger ale in the northern part but very scarce. I saw it last in abuja 2016
what about tonic water?

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Jewessgratitud3: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tandi Gurana

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Sprinklepee: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:
From boys to men there was a drink called Goldspot and olo.Kids then love the drinks but they faded away fast.
Indomie generation and Genz will not know what these drinks look like.
i still remember that goldspot

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by NJV: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
Yea. I especially loved the Olo drinks. They sure faded away fast though.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by nairalanda1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:

True even Fanta ginger A died too

I miss Fanta Ginger Ale.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Atarakpa: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.
even Mr writer don't even know 2mins noodles

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Blitzking: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:
From boys to men there was a drink called Goldspot and olo.Kids then love the drinks but they faded away fast.
these bottles na I'm parents dey use celebrate birthday they go mix different brands con spread those cabin biscuit ur age mates go con dey ur back una go take picture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by AdaojoTheUrchin: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ekealterego:

Gold-Spot and Limca were originally owned by Indians.
When Coca-Cola returned to the Indian market, they bought over the Limca and Goldspot company and later phased them out to make space for the relaunching of Fanta in India.

I suppose that this move took time to tickle down to Nigeria as well. I guess it eventually did.

You forgot Dr pepper.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
benqo01:
Am sure some of you here dont know MOUNTAIN DEW even d OP
lol I knew it
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by phemmyfour: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:
Limca n gold spot were my favourite.

Loved that India limca advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwBwxNXYZm4?si=YOLJNd0i7l4rDxFA
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2023
I use to pour my inside cup nd then dip my bread inside grin
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Dancebreaker: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
phemmyfour:
Limca n gold spot were my favourite.

Loved that India limca advert
The Zing thing.......Goldspot! grin
I loved Schweppes.

But Canada Dry was our local soft drink by Okada Air owner back then. Sir Chief Dr Gabriel Igbinedion.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Ibadan3310: 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
Gordon spark,my best drink
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by phemmyfour: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
Dancebreaker:

The Zing thing.......Goldspot. grin
When you need a drink....limca!

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by gentleguy1975: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
themanderon:
Before all these there was one called Green sands. Nigeria has killed many companies.
that one be like malt but he get small alcohol
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Haveyoueatentod: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Op they don't know Fanta chapman,Fanta tonic and satzenbrau beer grin

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
Sammy5413:
Old generation don't know what is head
Ashawo something go hook your throat soon lol
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Victoraguwa: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
Crush was the main thing for me those days

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
Blitzking:
these bottles na I'm parents dey use celebrate birthday they go mix different brands con spread those cabin biscuit ur age mates go con dey ur back una go take picture
Lol true

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by yahoodetector: 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2023
guobe:

True Fanta Chapman was just cruise.it didn't last at all.

Cos it was nonsense when it came to taste
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by miqos02(m): 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived without compromising quality.

Modified: Schweppes doesn't taste the same.

Krest made me remember one man like that.
If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Mamijoh(f): 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived without compromising quality.

Modified: Schweppes doesn't taste the same.
Non even taste the same, especially Fanta
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by yahoodetector: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
[right][/right]
Throwback:

Exactly my point, since GenZ were born in the late 1990s onwards.

We need to realise that Indomie generation are now over 40yrs old for those who had Indomie in the 1990s as University teenagers.

When you talk about "Indomie generation", we are not talking about when Indomie was founded but the era it thrived which is in the mid 2000s
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Coronavirus1: 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
Let me add to the once you don't know in the early 80s I grow up to see this drink produce in Benin Sapele Road by igbinadion the soft drink is called Canada dry many people don't know it.

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by penearth(m): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2023
ahnie:
Limca,gold spot were all welcomed by me,but you see that Klub soda.....nor be for me

Na 4 smokers na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Antelope Killed Today For Easter / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) / Funny! Man Turn Fufu To Human Head Before Eating. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.