Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. (99900 Views)

Sad Story Behind The Two Lovers That Drank Sniper In Anambra / I Just Bought This Refrigerator....please I Need Your Candid Advise / Help! My Friend’s Wife Drank Some Poisonous Particles From A Branded Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Nahunger(m): 7:26am On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=Morbeta11 post=125312864][/quote]

You can say that again, am missing my grand mom too 🤩🤩🤩
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Nahunger(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2023
Carcholce:

Joke apart, my Ma’ had it in her shrine for real. I used to fill it up with river water. After some day/weeks, the water dries up and needs refilling.

The gods are wise grin
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by rufonye: 7:31am On Aug 24, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Damn... me reminiscing already.

That bow under the clay pot with wet sand... Is the compressor grin

No, that is a solid state refrigerant
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by TheMaharajah: 7:32am On Aug 24, 2023
Na villager
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Rimsd(m): 7:34am On Aug 24, 2023
The greatest refrigerator ever, indomie generation will never know this. I have not seen it for a while now...
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Jewessgratitud3: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2023
Wainey:
The cup is a little off, this is the right cup that always comes with it

Na you be the real legend grin. This cup or the white one Dem draw mamywater legs.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Ensquare(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=Morbeta11 post=125312864][/quote] from thermodynamics can someone through more light on how it works?
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Jewessgratitud3: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2023
Or11:
In Lagos, we are modern and always used fridge.

I was born and brought up in Lagos. In fact in ikoyi but we had one in our house and I'm sure my parents brought it from the east when moving to Lagos. So its not a matter of Lagos or no Lagos. Though I didn't get to drink from the one in Lagos because it was already abandoned by the time I became aware of my surroundings but I drank Wella from the one in my grandmas house in the village whenever we traveled for Christmas. It has this heavenly taste.

I think Yoruba people don't know what it is. It's calabash you people are used to. I thought as much
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Mikshomex(m): 7:54am On Aug 24, 2023
Good old days in village
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by joelekinson: 8:00am On Aug 24, 2023
It is a natural refrigerator.

Are you a school owner? Do you want to do Biometric capturing of your students for their WAEC & NECO registrations at a cheaper fee in any location within Nigeria.
Call 0708 2446 743 for further enquiry
Jossy
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by dettolgel: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2023
Laple0541:

I used to use it whenever we went for holiday at grandma’s place. It was located close to where she kept her soup pot so whenever I stole from her clayish soup pot, I would branch at this African refrigerator’s side to drink some water to step down the meat I just stole from the pot.

Life!
No be today you begin thief that is why is it easier for you to go into yahoo yahoo. Your own na follow come. grin grin
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by FuckTheMod: 8:06am On Aug 24, 2023
MorataFC:
...and you are still behaving like under 30, na joke oooo grin
Bia be very kiafuuu grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by FHL3: 8:08am On Aug 24, 2023
Wow!, I'm overwhelmed with nostalgia for my childhood days.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by tunde1200(m): 8:10am On Aug 24, 2023
I grew up with this pot called Amu in my local lingua.
I usually fetched water and poured it on it and the cooling is extraordinary to like 25degres.

Indomie generation I'm sorry oh
Lol 😆
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Iykenuwa(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2023
Mindlog:
We still have it in the kitchen in our village home despite the refrigerator there though always empty except when I am home because I love the earthy taste it gives to water.

Do you know I don't mind coming to your village just to have a taste of that water?

I miss my grandmas cry
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:28am On Aug 24, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Compressor Aiye grin grin grin
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by winner37(m): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2023
When I was living with my grandma this was our refrigerator..
I mistakenly broke one though we had like 4 to 5 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by omooba74(m): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2023
Gone were the days.Glory be to GOD,i belong to that group of legends...
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Jewessgratitud3: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2023
LordErrk:

You sef reason am, how water dey take disappear from clay pot?
Too much superstition is not good

It's not superstition. It's real I believe him and I think I know why it disappears.

You know the pot is made from clay and clay has the tendency to suck in or absorb water and that is what gives the clay pot the cooling effect it transmits to freshly refilled water. So, I guess that's the science behind the cooling system of the clay pot.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Occurstaem(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2023
Thanks for refreshing our memories.
I've even forgot it.
How time flies!
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Lucymercy: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=Morbeta11 post=125312864][/quote] Una mennn....you take me back
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Sirmuel1(m): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2023
HeartlessMan:
I still have it in my shrine.
I kept an infant skull at the bottom to kill germs.

It’s funny how people would think you’re joking…
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by OLOKOESHIN: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2023
Hezzyluv:

For balancing
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by mamaafrik(m): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2023
Hezzyluv:

common getaway,you can't be more right.

Compressor made in Germany
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by OLOKOESHIN: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2023
FuckTheMod:
Na me break our house own.
Stubborn child of the family... Back in 1988...
Wow. So Men use Nairaland too.
I thought Nairaland is for children óò
Because most of their comments here always look abusive most times
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Mindlog: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2023
Iykenuwa:

Do you know I don't mind coming to your village just to have a taste of that water?

I miss my grandmas cry

You have to ask around your place, if there are still women molding those pots which I very much doubt. Ours have been with us since 1987! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have deep interest in pottery, hoping to set up a pottery training facility in the East in the coming years.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by caye(m): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2023
Btruth:
Yes oooo. I'm one of the legends. But I wondered why my grandma kept a live fish (cat fish) in hers then though? 🤔

The fish helped in eating up the phytoplankton; a natural water purification system.
Some used Isawuru ( a local snail), and some used electric fish ( eel) .

All according to commenters.

We had it in my grandpa's house, but it had been dysfunctional by the time I was born.

We used a Nigerian made electric fridge by (Adebowale Electronics?) called Debo fridge.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by tonicyril: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2023
Carcholce:

Joke apart, my Ma’ had it in her shrine for real. I used to fill it up with river water. After some day/weeks, the water dries up and needs refilling.
wetin dey drink the water wey u dey fetch..
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Wainey: 9:10am On Aug 24, 2023
Hpesoj:

True.

This particular cup is very annoying. There's no way it won't leave a mark whenever one mistakenly drop it on the floor.

That stainless steel cup is only used to serve the head of the family (father) cheesy
lolz, aswear about the father's cup. Looks like everyone in Nigeria passed through this stage before greed and corruption came.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by MrBONE2(m): 9:16am On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=Morbeta11 post=125312864][/quote]
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Wife Gives Husband A List Of Chores To Do Before He Can Have Sex With Her / Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.