Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. (99901 Views)

Sad Story Behind The Two Lovers That Drank Sniper In Anambra / I Just Bought This Refrigerator....please I Need Your Candid Advise / Help! My Friend’s Wife Drank Some Poisonous Particles From A Branded Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by theamazonguru(m): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2023
Carcholce:

Joke apart, my Ma’ had it in her shrine for real. I used to fill it up with river water. After some day/weeks, the water dries up and needs refilling.

Why does the water dry up.
d gods dey drink water ni? Lol

Hahahahah.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by MisterKennedy(m): 9:23am On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=Morbeta11 post=125312864][/quote]

Around what year was this in vogue ?
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Urch001: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2023
gentposh:
If you drank from this and
You haven't started sending money home
You are still taking ladies to a hotel
You still sleep with men for money
You still haven't mastered any skill
You haven't had up to 200k before
You still sag
You still wear leg chain
You still fight on the street
You stay in the city for 5yrs without visiting home
You are still single
You still stay in a face me I slap you compound
You still drink and get drunk
You still stay in front of the mirror for 15mins making up
Sundays are for hanging out
Still stay in family house
You don't like wearing panties as a Lady
Still collect transport to visit a man
Still visit ashawo joints

You are a lost soul
😃😃😃😃😃🤣🤣🤣🤣😃 Bitter truth.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by ONUTOPSY(m): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2023
This made me remember my old days at Ile-Oluji in ondo state. We usually travelled to a village called 'Eyingun' during our school holidays. The Clay pot, was our favourite refrigerator in the Village. Believe me, the water is always cold.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by SuperOnyi: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=Morbeta11 post=125312864][/quote]

shocked

We had one like that in my mother's room, they say water is tasteless but the water from this pot of life is sweet like honey.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by 3seriez(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2023
Oizee:
time has really changed, I can't share from a bottle of water now but, I could remember it was one cup that was usually placed on the cover of this pot for everyone usage
Confirm. That cup on top was standard procedure. angry
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by aklid(m): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2023
Wainey:
Thats the father's cup you posted, this is the right cup that always comes with the clay pot.
asin ehhhh
U grab the gist 😂it is the fathers cup that he posted they come with this one
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by OperationalVehi: 9:50am On Aug 24, 2023
FuckTheMod:
Na me break our house own.
Stubborn child of the family... Back in 1988...
hahaahha Oga boss
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by OperationalVehi: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2023
wonlasewonimi:
People never had typhoid until pure water showed up
good observation

1 Like

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by ConfidentialDoc: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2023
Carcholce:

Joke apart, my Ma’ had it in her shrine for real. I used to fill it up with river water. After some day/weeks, the water dries up and needs refilling.

I wonder who or what was drinking/drying up the water ?
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by stephenponti(m): 10:33am On Aug 24, 2023
God bless my mother. I love her & feel like been with her the remainder of her years. But the cycle of struggle in the modern Nigeria has created a barrier to do that.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by clems88(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2023
Mecka:
you don suck toto b4?
yes your mother own. angry . Foolish question
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by 3kay945(m): 10:48am On Aug 24, 2023
Back then, we didn't have and nobody close to me had one, but there was this old man that placed one at his frontage for us school children to drink water from. I used it almost everyday when i passed by.

sometimes, we queue to take water from it.

That baba deserves a special place in Heaven grin
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Bahamas95(m): 10:57am On Aug 24, 2023
Carcholce:

Wait o, who dey drink the water? 🤔
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Quebec91(m): 11:00am On Aug 24, 2023
cheesy
Hezzyluv:
Damn... me reminiscing already.

That bow under the clay pot with wet sand... Is the compressor grin

Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Bahamas95(m): 11:06am On Aug 24, 2023
Ventura1:
OMG! I'm one them.
Some pot do have small snail (Isawuru) for purification, the snail consume micro organisms that find it way inside.
Snail inside drinking water?

Disgusting!
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Nobodysboo(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2023
Mama
May your soul continue to rest
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Btruth: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2023
caye:

The fish helped in eating up the phytoplankton; a natural water purification system.
Some used Isawuru ( a local snail), and some used electric fish ( eel) .

All according to commenters.

We had it in my grandpa's house, but it had been dysfunctional by the time I was born.

We used a Nigerian made electric fridge by (Adebowale Electronics?) called Debo fridge.
you are right...some then used electric fish.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by pacespot(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2023
grin I used to drink from that natural refrigerator as a kid in my grandmother kitchen whenever I visited her in village, the water is the best. The rule is that you don't drink directly from the small cup placed on the pot because you are not the only one drinking. The cup is only meant to fetch the water into your own personal cup. The water is most satisfying when you were just coming back from outside after a rigorous time at football pitch grin
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by TalkingBird: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2023
Where is this produced in Nigeria as today, I will like to know pls
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Chizzychinny: 11:33am On Aug 24, 2023
The earthy taste is superb
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by VEHINTOLAR: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
"Amu Iya Bini" in agbo Ile Gbaemu,Osogbo ! Wao,very cold,earthy water ! Hmmm,ojo na re bi anan,Oluwa seun o !
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Mayokun2019: 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Oh my God. Why did you do this to me, poster?
You made me shed tears as I remember grandma. That's the fridge/freezer she used back in the village and we enjoyed chilling our bottled KROLA in it whenever we were lucky to be bought one. KROLA I guess is Coke now or so.
Water from that pot felt like heaven and the only thing next to it back then was rain water.
Beautiful reminiscences.
Thanks so much for this.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Simpubozz(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
The water is always cold
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by surequality: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2023
I remember this and I have drank water from it.
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by mathong: 7:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
Still in use...we fill stream water there
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by LYON06(m): 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
Still drinking from it till date
Re: Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends.. by Teleprompter(f): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2023
I drank from this during service year but I’m not a legend. I stopped when I saw a wall gecko on the inside walls. Fellow corpers did not find it alarming, they said it was just enjoying the coolness and would never take a dive into the water. Never take a dive? But what if it defecated into the water? What guaranty was there that it hadn’t even survived a dive already?
Well, that’s the story of how I’m no legend by clay pot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Wife Gives Husband A List Of Chores To Do Before He Can Have Sex With Her / Dad Killed 15ft Python Trying To Swallow His Son In Australia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.