Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? (23832 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by LandMann: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
[size=3pt] Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise [/size]

Use the money by land for them if they don't have a house already... Put Mr and Mrs blablabla... Or If they have a son, use the money by land for the son in the son's name. Car is a depreciating asset, thus it's a useless gift.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Patented: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

i wouldnt have issues if my Wife's brother bought her a car and put it in her name. thats just me sha. If wahala wan too much, buy it in your name and give them, tell tehm you wnated to use it but changed your mind. let them sort out how they wanna handle it
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by tishbite42: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
Iykemaster:
Ahh! Pls don't put only your sister's name since the husband doesn't have a car yet..

You can put their names or better still put your own name. Which ever one, don't put your sister's name alone.

Nice advice
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by etrange: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
You guys have reduced women to nothing in that country. You want to buy a car for someone and you're asking whose name to put on it? Are you buying the car for your brother-in-law or you sister? Why should this be confusing ? Tomorrow, y'all will claim you don't understand why feminism exists. You push your women to the wall and expect them to keep moving.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Unperturbedpota: 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

Rumour has it that this is how Jamie Lannister started .
Except your next thread is going to be titled "How can I legally marry my sister"

Then we should not even be discussing this. Okay let me help you answer this yourself.

1. If your sister was single and you wanted to buy her this car would need to create this thread to ask this question?
Answer: No
Why?: Because she is single and her surname is the same as yours so it wouldn't make sense to buy it in another name other than her's right ? Correct

2. Since she is married , hence her name has changed why do you need to ask this question? Isn't the obvious answer to buy it in her marriage name being Mrs sister ..........

Now except you are subtly asking us how to end your sister's marriage then , trust me you are on the right track

Bros do not let the good thing you want to do cause marital issues for your sister

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by gabbytabby: 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
If the husband has a car put your sisters name and if he does not then put Mr A and Mrs B ……….

YoungDaNaval:

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
LandMann:

Use the money by land for them if they don't have a house already... Put Mr and Mrs blablabla... Or If they have a son, use the money by land for the son in the son's name. Car is a depreciating asset, thus it's a useless gift.
Yes Car is a depreciating asset but a necessity. They both need it in the family

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by FireUpNow(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
How much does it cost to register a Nigeria used car?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by pek(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
I don't understand the problem here. Your sister is married, so she is a Mrs. The document should naturally be in her married name. Mrs ...........
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Houseontherock1: 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
What's the big deal here? Mrs her first name and husband's name (e.g Mrs Helen Hunt) undecided

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by lexini: 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put your name on it... Your sis won't mind, your brother-in-law will be fine...

YoungDaNaval:

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Jokkarm2: 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Use their first child name
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Sylva2147: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
I have been buying a lot of gifts for my sisters and Will continue to do so in their names without anyones opinion, by the way why will the husband feel otherwise if he truly love his wife?

As a matter of fact you indirectly relieved him of some burdens and he should be grateful to you for that, probably he might be planning to get one for her before now but can now channel the said money into something else either building project or something.

Besides it's not as if the husband won't have access to the car, because I'm sure sometimes she might even opt to board a cab and allow the husband go for his function if need be.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by OlsojaM: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
Bring her husband into the plan and do the registration in her name. Otherwise, buy it in your name and allow them to decide for themselves and afterwards, do a change of ownership during registration of the vehicle. My 2 cents.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by adedayoa2(f): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
Mrs, her first name and her surname.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Harrynight(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
advanceDNA:

If she has not changed her name officially and isnt planning to ..and shee still has id cards in her maiden name...buy it in her maiden name...

If she has changed her name...use her first name and her husband's surname naa...

Dear poster,
This is what you need

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by teemy(m): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Hint the guy ahead.

"I want to get a gift for sis, do you feel she would like a car?"
in documentation, put Mrs...

On the day of presentation, let him do the blindfolding surprise thing

case closed.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by AshipaEk0: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

The surprise is for your sister i believe.

so inform her husband privately that you intend on surprising his wife with a car, and he should help you play along.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by FILEBE(m): 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Since her husband is a Lawyer, then he should know that the name of the legal owner of the vehicle should be on the documents. That said, since he's a good man and has been "instrumental" (I'm assuming you mean he has helped you in some kinda way) to you and your family, why not involve him in the process of you surprising your sister with the car? You would still be the one presenting the car to her, as you're the one who bought it for her and the one surprising her with it, but you should take him along. Just tell him not to tell your sister beforehand but as a mature man, once you tell him it's a "surprise", he should know not to do that.

About him feeling some kind of way,
I'm assuming he has a car of his own, so there's no reason he should feel somwhow or envious about your sister having her own car. Even if he doesn't have his own, that's the more reason he should be happy about the car. Any grown and mature man/husband would have no problem with this at all.

Youngdanaval. This is the best advice. Since you said both of you are pals, involve him, the husband in all of this. You two could even arrange a surprise party when u want to launch it.

You can call the husband like this:

Bros. How far na? E get wetin I go wan yarn you o. Make we see , e go sweet .
I dey reason obtain a car for your wife to dey take comute work. As you know na, I like this my sister well well. Just wan appreciate all she has done . Na him I say make I tell you make we go fir arrange am as surprise for her.

He will agree and then you will continue by saying, " I will get the paperwork sorted too, If the husband na Guy man, it won't be an issue

Truly, I don't see a biggie in buying a car in your sister's name for her here but I also understand you about not creating a friction between the couple. Man and ego, especially when the husband doesn't have a car . People will take it differently .
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by AndroBlaze: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Put the car in your name, give it to both of them to use and have peace.

If the Husband is proud he will not use the car and God forbid anything happens to theri marriage, it will always be your sister's car .
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by emmanbol: 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?

You can register it in your name, and have a separate document that shows it was gifted to your sister incase of police stop and checks. You can discuss the name to be put with your sister.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by litaninja(m): 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
To tink dey hard nigerians na. Shey you no know ni?

Kobojunkiee:
If you want to buy a car for X, shouldn't you put X's name on the car? I mean this isn't rocket science at all since the gift typically bears the name of the one whom the gift is meant for unless you have ulterior motives for presenting said gift. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by simplesearch: 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
Since the man was instrumental to you guys success, since your sister got married to him, if I get the drift well. In my honest opinion if he's without a car, you should gift the family the car together. But if the man already has one for himself, why not! Gift your sister the car and let the car document carry only her details.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by gassbee: 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
Timoleon:
Put your own name on it. Give her all necessary documents and she can drive wherever she wants.
on point bro
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Moniya4Real(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Common sense says you should put your sister’s name without even thinking twice.

3 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by skj1377(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Your sister's name.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Lanretoye(m): 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
Visocrate:
The question here is who is gonna drive the car because of police and other road criminals if you understand what I mean
guess you dont have a car or perhaps have never driven.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by blissgoddy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Oga,
use my name if you don't know that you will use your sister's name.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Dshocker(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

If they have a child, put it in their child's name
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by aydgov: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
Her matrimonial full name

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by codedguy1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
He do not have a car yet

So the next question is, is he mature enough to be happy that his wife, your sister would soon have a car gift from you his in-law/her brother.

Abi your sister na the type wey go dey popo her husband because she don get car.

Or you know the guy has a character that would probably make him unhappy with you buying your sis a car.

There is something you are not saying that is making you come to nland to ask for unnecessary question.

If not the straight forward thing to do is buy the car and put only your sisters name on it. Carry the guy along in surprising your sis/his wife.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
boldx:

If I were your sister's husband and you buy a car in your sister's name, I may not take it lightly. It is a very sensitive issue. It depends on your brother-in-law. If he is a traditional Nigerian man, he will read meaning into it - like - are you trying to say I am not taking care of my wife?

So if you are not being political about it, buy the car in your brother in law's name. You are mixing up 2 things which are not related: 1) you want to give them a surprise 2) you want to buy a car for your sister, in her name to aid her in going to work due to distance (to avoid stress).

I wish you the best sha

Wow.

I'm just bamboozled!

What's all these weird thinking going on here?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Am I Married To Him? / Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families / Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.