Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest (31810 Views)

EndSARS: Resign Now!, Protesting Ondo Youths Slam Buhari / Ondo Youths Commission Road "On Behalf Of The Governor" (Video) / Army Release Photo Of Politician As Faces Of Disgruntled Nig Spreading Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Chetas81(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
EGUNJE WON'T FINISH THE SO CALLED YORUBA CITIZEN
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Offpointng: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jman06:
But Enugu state governor recently appointed a Yoruba man as DG of ESBS and even have other Yorubas as SA

Why just 2? Why dint he make 50% of his cabinet members Yorubas?? sad

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Hussein035: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2023
anonymous1759:
If she’s competent no Wahala but from all indications she’s not and was lobbied in so their aggression is justified. grin secondly and the most important they rejected their sister for holding a public office because she married a Ronu man and their bragging rights like we’ve dominated so so place this place is no man’s land will always make it difficult for people to trust them with sensitive positions territorial integrity is very important.

Some people will quote me And say Nigeria is in a mess because they’ve not ruled this country like their region is the best . The last time we’d a civil war is when they ruled .
Nigeria needs internal cleansing and restructuring to unmask incompetent leaders.

One of my friend's gather was assassinated in Abia state just because he was contesting for market leader position in one very small useless market

The same people refused to sell land a Yoruba woman after she spent 25years selling foodstuffs Enugu but they want others to accept them and accept their wickedness and deception

OUT LAND IS NOT A NO MAN'S LAND, KINDLY GO TO YOUR LAND AND DO YOUR DEVELOPMENT

THANKS

9 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by AareGaa: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:

Another Yoruba man won a major election to represent Umuahia people in Abia state. But these primitive people rejected GRV because his mother is Igbo?! They also attacked Igbos and other Nigerians that look like Igbos just to stop them from voting?!

God knows, this country would have been a much better place without these people.

Spits!
Stop lying!
Which Yoruba man won an election in Abia?

Ibo land where someone from Anambra cannot go to Imo to contest.

Ibos are the ones holding Nigeria backward since independence.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by MetaPhysical: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
Naijaboy18:

I’m sorry but why is “Let love lead” seem to only apply in Yorubaland and no where else in Nigeria? No one but ibo runs east we have sharia law in 12 states but “let live lead” only in yorubaland

Because our people are meek. We are easily bullied, and rather than double the bully in return, we will find escape in philosophical thoughts. We start yarning big big English.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Fren232: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ttipsy:
and UK prime Minister is India??

Nigeria can never work hence tribalism grows take it or leave it

Almost every state in SW has appointed non yorubas to political positions. Lots of Igbo in civil service.
This appointment is for grass root development. I cannot be local government chairman of an LG in Kano, doesn't make any sense unless I grew up there.
Rishi is British with Indian ancestry. He was born and grew up in UK. Not similar at all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by densiks: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
In other words

Ondo no be Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by MetaPhysical: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jman06:
But Enugu state governor recently appointed a Yoruba man as DG of ESBS and even have other Yorubas as SA
Name them so I can go verify.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by TyroneP(m): 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
Let's stop drumming tribalism. The same man we're talking about was a councillor in a ward in the state. He's lived over twenty years in Ondo state... for the record, I'm not an igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Offpointng: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ttipsy:
Most times I ask myself what is the essence of one Nigeria??

If foreign countries can appoint Nigerian nationals in their country’, how much more Nigerian in their own land ??

This is unbelievable

Illiteracy at its peak

It's not illiteracy. We'd have accepted an Hausa, Ibibio or Efik and not had problems with them being appointed

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by paxx: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
India is the fourth country to land on the moon after USA, Russia and China. They are the first to land on the South Pole.

Nigeria is still fighting each other because one citizen who is not from a state, but has probably lives in the state most of his life is running for office.

What is wrong with africans?

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Ttipsy(f): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Idiot, how many Ibos have been appointed in just Lagos alone compared to one lone Yoruba man in Enugu ?

Hypocrites.
how many Yoruba pple have contested and were publicly rejected??
Or did anyone stop them from contesting?

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:

Another Yoruba man won a major election to represent Umuahia people in Abia state. But these primitive people rejected GRV because his mother is Igbo?! They also attacked Igbos and other Nigerians that look like Igbos just to stop them from voting?!

God knows, this country would have been a much better place without these people.

Spits!

STOP TELLING LIES!!!! There is no Yoruba man representing Igbos in Abia. He is a PURE IGBO man!! He only has a nickname "Abiola" which is not a big deal. There is evidence for this...

Stop telling lies! 🤣🤣🤣

8 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Ttipsy(f): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
Offpointng:

It's not illiteracy. We'd have accepted an Hausa, Ibibio or Efik and not had problems with them being appointed
you are still missing my point

Fvck off

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by MetaPhysical: 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ttipsy:
and UK prime Minister is India??

Nigeria can never work hence tribalism grows take it or leave it

Apply Nigerian models to Nigerian situations. This is not UK.

The Nigerian model is that every region put its own indigenes in political offices.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
Yorubas and tribalism!!! See dirty comments everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Ttipsy(f): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
paxx:
India is the fourth country to land on the moon after USA, Russia and China. They are the first to land on the South Pole.

Nigeria is still fighting each other because one citizen who is not from a state, but has probably lives in the state most of his life is running for office.

India biggest challenge was religious differences

But at this time they have been able to manage it thanks to Education

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by gisevak: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:
The most tribalistic set of people in the world!!!

Their tribalism is currently destroying Nigeria yet they've refused to learn.

Spits!
Two face man

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Offpointng: 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
adefitim:
As a Yoruba man, I don’t support this.

Let love lead

Na the situation of Nigeria cus am.

Although
No region in Nigeria will tolerate Non indigene to head a newly Created LCDA

Bro the issue is not cuz the said person is Igbo. But why want to give what they cant accept?? Unto say u support Obi and you want love to lead, travel to the SE today and show ur a Yoruba man if you'd survive 2months there. You can't survive in the SE as a Yoruba man let alone being appointed into Positions. Trying to even contest for a Position is an invite to death

The Point remains, Igbos should learn to give what they can take/accept

10 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
MetaPhysical:

Because our people are meek. We are easily bullied, and rather than double the bully in return, we will find escape in philosophical thoughts. We start yarning big big English.
Exactly. And historically Yoruba were never like that. We were rugged when it came to our territory. being liberal to people who have shown that they are against you is stupid. These Yoruba liberals act like slaves. These people do nothing for yorubas but “let love lead”. And they only say that to yorubas. Bastards

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by ElSudani: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
paxx:

We Yoruba moved past this stage a very long time ago. This is why everyone was welcome with open arms until some people started to see our land as no man's land.
Isn't it ironic that a citizen of Enugu cannot hold any elective office in Anambra?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by occfx: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
proeast:
The most tribalistic set of people in the world!!!

Their tribalism is currently destroying Nigeria yet they've refused to learn.

Spits!

I see jealousy and envy among Afonjas... They see igbos as threats to both their land, women and resources just like the south Africans. Work hard they won't
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by thinkmoney(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Flathead8:
I totally support this, if a common security guard can't be Yoruba in SE, I see no reason why Ibo should be elected
You haven’t travelled outside your Dads parkour.
You are also an apology of a human being

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Samogloby: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Arabirin Betty Akeredolu the commander in chief doing everything to turn Ondo State to one of the local government in Imo State. If she wants to go into politics, please go to your state. Big lessons from Lagos State

9 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by paxx: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ttipsy:
India biggest challenge was religious differences

But at this time they have been able to manage it thanks to Education

my brother, africa is behind
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by Ttipsy(f): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
MetaPhysical:

Apply Nigerian models to Nigerian situations. This is not UK.

The Nigerian model is that every region put its own indigenes in political offices.
yeah I get it . Nigeria is just a geographical naming

It’s never meant to be a nation

1 Like

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by MetaPhysical: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ttipsy:
how many Yoruba pple have contested and were publicly rejected??
Or did anyone stop them from contesting?

Betty Anyanwu, First Lady of Ondonis from Imo State. She tried to contest in her homestate and was rejected. Told blankly to go back and represent Ondo people in NASS.

Bianca Ojukwu wanted to contest for Senator Anambra, was rejected, told to return to her fatherland Enugu and contest.

If your own indigenes are rejected in their region, what chance does Yoruba have contesting in your animal kingdom?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by greggng: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
This is the fruit of the dangerous ethnic politics tinubu played to get to power. We all saw what they did to there brother ...by xallung him omo ale just cos he is getting igbos vote...we have been taken back to Stone age ...We can continue to deceive ourselves ...God forbid there is no oil around the south east and south south ...this country would ve been divided by now ..The bitter truth is that we are not one nation ...we can only move forward when we go our separate ways. If an igbo man can be a mayor in Canada, UK and other sane countries ...tell me why can't he be one in his own country ...?

They hate the igbos with passion but find it difficult to let them go...This is madness at the highest level ...You won't rent your house to them ...the one they build you destroy ...This act of wickness will back fire in due time . As I am writing this a letter had been sent to all tenants in our estate...pleading to them to contribute money for the repair of our road ...An igbo man amongst the residence has just contributed 1million out of the 1.5m needed ...so if the residence decide such a man should be a leader ...you yorubas will protest cos he is igbo ...How can we develop as a people . When yoruba meet igbo man abroad they love each other and join hand to fight outsiders but when in Nigeria they hate each other...We will be free they day we go our separate ways . That day we will learn to respect each other

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by 00FFT00(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
Yoruba tribalism is mostly born out of a misconceived sense of inadequacy. One may be tempted to go so far as to use the term inferiority complex.

I honestly do not see where anyone could reasonably suggest that the Yoruba are inadequate, but there is this seeming lack of self-confidence in the average Yoruba that lends itself to this assumption.

Their grandparents and parents have influenced salacious tales of Igbo domination and greed to this day, which is why the average uneducated Yoruba still claims that the Igbo went to war because they want to confiscate all the oil deposits for themselves.

This is the false narrative some of them have brainwashed their children with to compensate for their failure to remain competitive, and the result of these evil, malicious, moonlight stories is now with us.

How else would you justify selling your ancestral inheritance to a complete stranger, albeit one who lost everything in a war but bounced back so quickly?.

My Yoruba brothers and sisters, Omo-Ibo are not your problem. They are definitely not your obstacle to whatever you want to achieve for yourselves.

They attend and contribute to your various Yoruba-owned churches. Not only that, they attend your schools, shop in your markets, live in your communities, and yes, they pay your taxes.

What exactly is the difficulty with the people you most intermarry within Nigeria that the mention of Igbo stirs the bile in you?

Politics? We must all understand that politics in Nigeria has no tribe. Politics is the tribe of politicians. They are always united in their exploitation of the rest of us and we the people are the products they trade. Period.

Y'all really need to stop this nonsense and quickly.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
Offpointng:

Barren?? lmao this same land you guys will sacrifice y'all family members just to migrate to?? Thr my years, I've not seen or read on the news Non Igbos deciding to travel to the SE for greener pastures, that rejected landlocked region. Crude oil from the SS not the world want to jettison Crude oil and focus on Lithium for electric charged vehicles and batteries which are found in the SW and Kaduna. Then I get to ask of what importance is ur Region to Nigeria ehn Iyamiri of what importance??

Dude, there are Yoruba employed in the oil and gas industry….a large part of which is domiciled in Alaigbo! But more than hydrocarbons…..the Igbo region is important to you because you’re a ‘one Nigerianist’ and you need ALL regions and ethnicities to sustain the status-quo!

So in effect, what i’m saying is….try and show some gadem appreciation and thank your lucky stars Ndigbo are still ‘compatriots’ with you!
Re: Ondo Youths Reject Igbo Politician As Council Caretaker, Storm Street To Protest by ribbit: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
adefitim:
As a Yoruba man, I don’t support this.

Let love lead

Na the situation of Nigeria cus am.

Although
No region in Nigeria will tolerate Non indigene to head a newly Created LCDA
magbo didinrin

Go and tell them that in the east na.
Why can't love lead in the east?

Why must love always lead in the west?

They want to colonize you and you are singing let love lead.
Mumu

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today / 10 Takeaways From Oshiomhole’s Victory / Lagos Traffic Advisory As APC Plans "Home Coming" For Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.