Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks (39983 Views)

Young Lady Mourns Her Husband Who Died Two Weeks After Their Wedding (Video) / I Broke Up With Her / Gabriel Osemudiamen: Soldier Dies In Accident Two Weeks After His Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by fuckJones(f): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2023
Goodlady:
There was a time I dated a baker for two weeks. I knew the relationship ll die prematurely from day 1 cos the first outing he took me to was a sub per restaurant which has dirty environment. As in someone that bake should v basic knowledge about food and have class. So what does he take me for? Na test?

I had to take only water after much pestering cos I no fit chop anything there else na diarrhoea!

Within 3 days, I noticed the guy was just too clumsy. I think he blv he's showing me love by showing up most times but he became too bossy with his questions. Always asking if I v eaten, slept as if I m barbie. What broke the camel's back was when I visited his place and saw that he's not neat. His house has litters of baking ingredients, unwashed pan, bowls etc. He's also someone that press tooth paste like an illiterate, pressing it from the middle as seen in the picture below.

I just can't see myself getting further with a man like that so after two weeks, I just avoided him and summed up courage to tell him he's not my type.
are you married now? letter on you will run to church and start asking God why me, courtship is the time for both of you to correct each other, you should have seat him down and advice him.
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Gboom: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2023
Later, when old age don dey set in this girl go start forming born again visiting one pastor or the other looking for miracle in the name of divine partner instead of her to make hays while her sun is shining now.

I remember one girl that saw me soaked with rain in those days and said, so you don't have a car and I said yes. When I tried to woo her, the girl turned me to an object of mockery Infront of her colleagues, one of them was even warning her but she ignored her. 13 years later, she is still searching for a better man.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2023
Paradigms:
With this your attitude you won't be able to keep a relationship or even get married. From your reasoning and thinking, it seems you're still in your early twenties. People of your category don't know what they want. So you can't help a man to become the kind of man you want.
Where is the love then? Who is perfect if I may ask?
What is wrong in you trying to correct him in some areas he is failing?
You better do away with this your mentality.

Why should we try to act as pseudo-moms to already-grown men? If his mother didn't teach him well, that's on him, not her. Why should another adult bear the burden of retraining another adult that isn't her child or sibling? Flip the table and let's ask him that question. Would he be a pseudo-dad to her if she came with this baggage?

People should consistently and constantly work on themselves so they meet their partners as healthy people instead of coming with too much liability to handle. Yes, I agree that no one is perfect. But, that she can not tolerate a disorganized and dirty person is ground enough for the relationship not to continue. We all have pet peeves and these are enough grounds. Casting aspersions or calling her names is unnecessary. A man won't take half of what you expect her to take.

Let's be guided, please.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by dontrulee: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2023
Op, now that you ran away, what next?
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by ivandragon: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2023
Bottom line... the guy is too poor for the OP's liking & the other issues were just icing on the cake.
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by cooooooks(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2023
Not once did you mention how you add to the baker's life.

I wish you the best.

Goodlady:
There was a time I dated a baker for two weeks. I knew the relationship ll die prematurely from day 1 cos the first outing he took me to was a sub per restaurant which has dirty environment. As in someone that bake should v basic knowledge about food and have class. So what does he take me for? Na test?

I had to take only water after much pestering cos I no fit chop anything there else na diarrhoea!

Within 3 days, I noticed the guy was just too clumsy. I think he blv he's showing me love by showing up most times but he became too bossy with his questions. Always asking if I v eaten, slept as if I m barbie. What broke the camel's back was when I visited his place and saw that he's not neat. His house has litters of baking ingredients, unwashed pan, bowls etc. He's also someone that press tooth paste like an illiterate, pressing it from the middle as seen in the picture below.

I just can't see myself getting further with a man like that so after two weeks, I just avoided him and summed up courage to tell him he's not my type.
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by phemmyfour: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2023
Goodlady:

I agreed with everything except the toothpaste part. You are the illiterate one to think pressing toothpaste from the middle is wrong. Africans and their dogmatic rules

Even the manufacturer don't have issue with how you get paste onto the brush.
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by fineboynl(m): 11:26am On Aug 25, 2023
I have no problem if you breakup with someone.

What us my concern?

Your reason is shallow. You discovered the guy is not rich and felt you cannot date him as simple as A B C.

Below is my toothpaste is donโ€™t know how i press it but from the picture it shows from the middle too.

Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by MarketDispatch: 11:33am On Aug 25, 2023
Goodlady:
There was a time I dated a tell him he's not my type.

Hope we won't hear in future that you have decided to manage him like that and also assist to improve on his deficiencies. grin
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by maxoemmy: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Same as it is unjust for someone with a body count of 20 and mileage of over 1000 to expect an innocent woman to accept him like he is, abi? Cause from where I sit, it is both males and females suffering all of that together. undecided

Unfortunately for you, the effects body count and mileage is applicable to only the the FEMALE gender. Men and women are not the same ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Women are born with their value, while men have to work for it. So once men get that value they can do pretty much all they want.
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Emyogalanya: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2023
correctguy101:

Hahahaha..

My younger sister always calls me lazy until she got together with one bank worker and visited him. She came home and was praising her elder bro to high heavens.... Me was like wtf did this girl eat outside? shocked
Me wey even algae coated walls dey irritate. As lazy as I am, I can't stand uncleanliness. That's why I have to pay for someone else to do the cleaning.

Even if there's no money, I don't believe it's an excuse to be dirty and be producing offensive smells. Unless you be werey .. grin

But Princess GoodLady, you could've tried and change the guy na, you jhus left him like that for another to face same same. shocked

Does that seem fair to the other lady? You no good abeg.. grin

una name get chemistry o try her out na
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by jaxxy(m): 11:38am On Aug 25, 2023
chinae:

Did you try helping out with his cleanliness before you scampered or you are also lazy and need someone to complement you?

I think you are too petty with the toothpaste bla bla

Goodlady:

So I should go and clean house on first day of visit.
If it's my house that was dirty like that, will he clean it on first day of visit?
Haven't you boys learned about first impression?

u didn't really like him or u would have helped him organise himself better and see if he responds positively to it b4 u decide. Not like he didn't see things to complain about u also. undecided
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Emaprince: 11:40am On Aug 25, 2023
poshestmina:
"Little" things irritate me too,so I can relate ;

Not cleaning up the restroom properly after use or wiping your hands or whenever with tissue paper and not disposing it well.

Cooking and messing up my kitchen angry.
Drinking half sachet or bottle water undecided

But Babe,Let's agree you don't like that guy . One of those "let's give it a trial" people that turned out to be a pig.

Not finishing a bottle at once is now a crime?

Some one like me that drinks whenever my throat feels a bit dry, you cannot come around me or my room and not see an unfinished bottle water. Once a bottle is finished, I buy/pick another one and just be sipping at intervals.

Only people that takes water whenever they are extremely thirsty can drink and empty the bottle at once.

I feel OP is just trolling and looking for attention. The story be like comedy.
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by correctguy101(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2023
Emyogalanya:
una name get chemistry o try her out na

Yeye man...

Your advice no bad though... grin grin grin
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by BRATISLAVA: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2023
Skyview01:
I literally go livid on my kids for pressing a toothpaste like this.

It is better to break off a relationship than get into marriage with a wrong person.

You will blow a gasket if you're getting livid at children. grin
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Kobojunkiee: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2023
udemzyudex:
โ–  Na there you go know say every gender get their own advantage for this world.
That only makes sense inside your mind. undecided
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Kobojunkiee: 11:54am On Aug 25, 2023
Geovanni412:
โ–  That's not the way it works Every celeb has his pick of ladies anytime any day of the week Even if their body count don reach 200. If Davido or Tuface are looking for another lady to give belle, you sabi how long the cue go dey? Dey play... grin
The world does not revolve around the delusions in your tincan there. If you visited reality more often, you would have realized this at this point in time. undecided
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Acidosis(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2023
People actually breakup because of toothpaste? I used to think it's one of those s!!y jokes people make out there. The other reasons appear to be valid, but toothpaste?
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Kobojunkiee: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2023
superemmy:
Even after using a toothpaste, I still blow it up with my mouth to maintain its form factor.

I hate seeing it compressed and squeezed.

Iโ€™ve been doing this since I was a kid. Thatโ€™s just me though. Maybe Iโ€™m weird
That is disgusting ! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Kobojunkiee: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2023
obinna58:
Thereโ€™s nothing good in your name, how can you literally justify breaking up with someone bcoz he press toothpaste like an illiterate, is that even a reason and what effort did you make to correct the situation? I didnโ€™t see
Well I just hope youโ€™re catching cruise sha
She is right to break up with him over anything including the length of his pinky finger. What is irksome and even rude is she pretendjng she is better than him because she is clean and he isn't and also because he doenst squeeze toothpaste the way she prefers. undecided
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Kobojunkiee: 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
nairanaira12:
โ–  You've brought your toxic life here again. This your toxic nature will drive all responsible men away from you.
Look at this self installed monitoring spirit talking about another having a toxic life. Na. WAoo! undecided
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Otunski: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2023
This is how some of you ladies miss your opportunity. You couldn't even put in effort at correcting some of the issues you noticed and wait for feedback u just concluded the guy isn't your kind of person.
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Kobojunkiee: 12:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
maxoemmy:
โ–  Unfortunately for you, the effects body count and mileage is applicable to only the the FEMALE gender. Men and women are not the same ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Women are born with their value, while men have to work for it. So once men get that value they can do pretty much all they want.
It is 2023. You ought to have realized, by examining the world beyond your fears and delusions, that the real world does not even begin to function according to that thing you have clogging up your brains abeg! Pick up a book on critical reasoning and social intelligence to read for Pete's sake. undecided
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Relevant123: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Smelly write up undecided undecided
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by achimendy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Goodlady:

Is there any big if you tell about all the wrongs you saw in his life and also encourage him to make change??
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by ultraviolet27(f): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
chinae:

Did you try helping out with his cleanliness before you scampered or you are also lazy and need someone to complement you?

I think you are too petty with the toothpaste bla bla

See Question? So an Adult Male doesn't know how to Clean up after Himself?? if it is the other way round would you have asked the Guy to help clean Her House?? Nigerian Mother's do their Sons a disservice by not training them Properly but focusing on their Daughters alone because they feel only Women makes the home

Thereby Creating problem for the Woman the Male Child child will date and marry when He grows up that is the issue wt that Man so you expect the Lady to baby Him ,nag Him about His dirtiness?? Something His Mum failed to do when He was with Her .

It's Not every Female that will take bullshit because they are desperate to marry fast Yoruba adage says nnkan'ti o ba ni I je ko ye ki o Fi run imu' Every Mothers should make Sure they bring up both their 2 different gender Kids up well both in teaching them to Cook,Clean,do other House Chores,be, resourceful(having a source of income), and self reliant so as not to pose a menace to their would be Spouse!

She even try if I see the Frontage leading to a building Coated with algae I no go fit enter the Place talk more of drinking water there that doesn't mean I am Rich but at least I try to be neat and tidy!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by nairanaira12: 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Look at this self installed monitoring spirit talking about another having a toxic life. Na. WAoo! undecided

Yes, you are naturally toxic.

Only a stupid man will consider having anything to do with you
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by basadenet: 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2023
Two weeks is a short to terminate a relationship, you should have at least wait a while to see if you can change the guys dirty attitude to match your taste. Suppose that is guy that God has ordained you to marry in life?
Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Geovanni412(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The world does not revolve around the delusions in your tincan there. If you visited reality more often, you would have realized this at this point in time. undecided

You are the one living in delusion

Even in the Bible , it is written in Isaiah 4: 1

In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, โ€œWe will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!โ€

Man wey get im life in order or wey dey desirable to women will have many women at his beck and call

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by Ishilove: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
flokii:
@OP You should have changed into something comfortable to clean his house and arrange the place to taste the way you want it..

In those days, it's girls that are homely, can clean house and wash clothes that get to have serious boyfriends not like now that civilization has changed everything.
You've not even washed jeans and you are complaining.
Oshey. She should turn herself into a housemaid because she wants to impress a dude she barely knows. Una try.

This is why Jazmine10 is wary of Nigerian men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks by BeigJawnson(m): 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
Goodlady:

I hate uncleanness... But telling us here that illiterates press toothpaste from middle is absurd... It can be pressed anywhere.

No be anywhere them dey press your breasts and bumbum?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Climbing Fence With Backed Baby (photo) / Little Girl Packs Her Bags And Leaves Home After Being Scolded By Mum (Video) / Husband To Divorce Wife For Addiction To Telemundo, Zeeworld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.