Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) (45762 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Organic Poultry Farming - The Use Of Spices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Jedidiah241: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2023
Please, you said you used two bags of sesame to broadcast. How many bags are you expecting in harvest time.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by EdozieRx(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Afamed: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2023
Ebubu3:
what are sesame used for?
Goggle and find out yourself, don't be a lazy youth

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by habeebu: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2023
I live here in Igalamela LGA..
More like hav seen d Plants around homes...

Kindly share this Plants importance in our Meal and sales...

More like BeneCid

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Jedidiah241: 9:57am On Sep 26, 2023
Boss! How many 100kg bags make up 1 tonne of sesame seeds?

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by habeebu: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2023
Afamed:

Goggle and find out yourself, don't be a lazy youth

I just did..
Sesame popularly Called (Beniseed)

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by aieromon(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2023
EdozieRx:

Why is palm oil not on the list?

Currently, Nigeria is a net importer of crude palm oil from Malaysia, Indonesia and Cameroun as our production cannot meet the increasing demands in country. In Q2 2023, Nigeria exported ₦312m and imported ₦10.9bn worth of palm oil products.

Cashew, cocoa, sesame, soya beans, ginger and hibiscus flowers are the reigning forex champions.

4 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by clockwisereport: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2023
Realman50:
Hunger and depression wan kill me oo abeg make una help una brother man..no amount too small thanks ,20agat808 UBA bank .

Be a real "realman" by farming sesame

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2023
iwaeda:

Did you add paying security due to herdsmen and bandits to your cost?. We have farms in Kwara we can't access again. grin grin grin grin
cows don't consume sesame... Which makes it safe from herdsmen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2023
Jedidiah241:
Boss! How many 100kg bags make up 1 tonne of sesame seeds?
ten 100kg
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2023
Jedidiah241:
Please, you said you used two bags of sesame to broadcast. How many bags are you expecting in harvest time.
100 bags
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
Sesame can be eaten raw, or processed for it's oil... many people do not know that oil in sardine is sesame oil, it contains magnesium,calcium, zinc,iron etc...it is very good for skin and hair health.... Follow this thread as I update us on my daily progress.... Agriculture is life...no food, no nation.

The oil in sardine is mostly soy oil and sunflower oil and that's true for Titus sardine
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by lapintoz: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2023
OP. Well done. Giving out valuable information and guidance to light the path of serious minded Nigerians to earn good income with what God has blessed us with, arable land.

5 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Fearyourcreator: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2023
Belial06:

Been looking for where to invest and trust be told farming is looking so sexy right now 🤔
Farming good ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by iwaeda: 10:20am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
cows don't consume sesame... Which makes it safe from herdsmen
Kidnappers don't know what is in the farm. angry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by rotadeco27: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2023
Ops Weldon
Pls can it grow in ogbomosho and iseyin axixes of Oyo state.
Also in Jos , plateau state
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2023
iwaeda:

Kidnappers don't know what is in the farm. angry grin grin grin
oh except that cha
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by zhirkovrado(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2023
What is sesame??
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
where can one get the seed to buy for planting
NCRI

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2023
MrDoGood:

Please how many times in a year can we farm it?

I'm going into it next year, already searching for land in nasarawa state because I live in Abuja.

there is also a 5 hectare farm land for sale in Abuja..if u are interested, u can reach me.... Nassarawa is also good
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Seetto: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2023
Please I am interested in this venture, how can I key in, my location is kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2023
Mrdellychy:

You are doing well OP. Following with keen interest, great and educative thread. I am 100% novice in sesame arena. I have lots of questions to ask you.
1. What is the avg weight of the bag that sells for 150k?
2. Someone mentioned grade 1 sesame, what is the yardstick for the grading? Or how do you ensure your produce comes out with good grade?
3. Is it also used in preparing soup like Egusi?
4. How is it harvested?.
5. Does it also need peeling/de-husking like melon/rice?
Cc: willybaby
thanks for the questi...

(1) 100kg

(2) Sesame that was not exposed to rain water after hervesting and during drying, because when rain touches it during drying stage, it will go rancid and this will make it bitter during consumption.

(3) Yes! U can mix it with egusi

(4) No! U don't need peeling, when it is dry after hervesting, u just shake it on a clean spread sack to collect the seed.

(5)

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:35am On Sep 26, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Who are the buyers/offtakers?
NCRI, IITA, even individual exporters

4 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Calitoscassius(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2023
The new oil money? cheesy grin grin i rather stick with the real Oil money.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
Sesame can be eaten raw, or processed for it's oil... many people do not know that oil in sardine is sesame oil, it contains magnesium,calcium, zinc,iron etc...it is very good for skin and hair health.... Follow this thread as I update us on my daily progress.... Agriculture is life...no food, no nation.

The oil in sardine is mostly soy oil, olive oil and sunflower oil and that's true for Titus sardine

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2023
Agriculture is beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Meteng: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
Currently, there are 26 sesame-growing states in Nigeria; some of these include Ebonyi, Delta, Jigawa, Bauchi, Nassarawa, Benue and Taraba. The market for sesame seeds is quite vast with Japan and China as the major importers of these seeds. Countries like Turkey, India, Poland and Netherlands have also traded with Nigeria in the past.
Please, can it be grown in Akwa Ibom?

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by GorillaApp(m): 10:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
planting will stop by 10th September.... Plan against next year na
I'm loving this already grin

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by EdozieRx(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
This is Lona Farms Limited sesame section, we are working on 20 hectare, and the target is 0.5 tonne per hectare... A bag of sesame in kogi state goes for 150k during off season, and 120k during season. 10kg of sesame is required per hectare for planting, we are using broadcasting method. The sesame seed will be treated with Cypermetrin before broadcasting, to prevent ant picking, and it will be mixed with 20kg of sharp sand before broadcasting for even distribution.
Can a nursery be made for the seedlings before transplanting?

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by EdozieRx(m): 11:06am On Sep 26, 2023
aieromon:

Currently, Nigeria is a net importer of crude palm oil from Malaysia, Indonesia and Cameroun as our production cannot meet the increasing demands in country. In Q2 2023, Nigeria exported N312m and imported 10.9bn worth of palm oil products.

Cashew, cocoa, sesame, soya beans, ginger and hibiscus flowers are the reigning forex champions.
Ok. Thank you 💕
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Silentgroper(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
hmmm...I don't think it can be cultivated in south west
Doesnt it depend on d soil type.. There should be that kind of soil sample some where around d southwest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bush Meats From My Farms / Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.