Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) (45700 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Organic Poultry Farming - The Use Of Spices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Silentgroper(m): 11:11am On Sep 26, 2023
aieromon:

Currently, Nigeria is a net importer of crude palm oil from Malaysia, Indonesia and Cameroun as our production cannot meet the increasing demands in country. In Q2 2023, Nigeria exported N312m and imported 10.9bn worth of palm oil products.

Cashew, cocoa, sesame, soya beans, ginger and hibiscus flowers are the reigning forex champions.
Hibiscus flower.. Is that nt what they use in making zobo?

5 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by virginboy1(m): 11:11am On Sep 26, 2023
Nice thread....my uncle used to farm this at Maiduguri then .. before this boko haram issues started....it's know as Ridi or Benin seed

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by RepoMan007: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2023
Jedidiah241:
Boss! How many 100kg bags make up 1 tonne of sesame seeds?
1000kg is one tonne. So 10 bags it is.

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Silentgroper(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2023
zhirkovrado:
What is sesame??
Aladdin's magical word to thieves hideout..

"open sesame"

cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by iwaeda: 11:16am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
oh except that cha

grin grin grin grin
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Sunmolar(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2023
It seems it doesn't thrive well on some soil?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Jay16: 11:33am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
Agriculture is beautiful
Please what of Kaduna State

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Thomasankara(m): 11:48am On Sep 26, 2023
[/color]how about rodents,don't they feed on the leaves or harvest the seeds?[color=#770077]
Esude007:
quote author=Ebubu3 post=125368694]where is the market ?in Ajaka igalamela local government... I bought 2 bags at 300k... The demand is very high, as marketers even go as far as giving loans to farmers... On the agreement that after hervesting, u sell to them directly.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by imwaya(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2023
Make soup, vegetable oil and many local cuisine. It's also a cash crop, very lucrative one.
Ebubu3:
what are sesame used for?

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by laivwire(m): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2023
Oil money. grin How many million barrels are you producing per day.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Konquest: 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
This is Lona Farms Limited sesame section, we are working on 20 hectare, and the target is 0.5 tonne per hectare... A bag of sesame in kogi state goes for 150k during off season, and 120k during season. 10kg of sesame is required per hectare for planting, we are using broadcasting method. The sesame seed will be treated with Cypermetrin before broadcasting, to prevent ant picking, and it will be mixed with 20kg of sharp sand before broadcasting for even distribution.
Impressive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Konquest: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2023
aieromon:

Currently, Nigeria is a net importer of crude palm oil from Malaysia, Indonesia and Cameroun as our production cannot meet the increasing demands in country. In Q2 2023, Nigeria exported N312m and imported 10.9bn worth of palm oil products.

Cashew, cocoa, sesame, soya beans, ginger and hibiscus flowers are the reigning forex champions.
Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by aieromon(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2023
Silentgroper:
Hibiscus flower.. Is that nt what they use in making zobo?

Yes it is. Farmers are silently cashing out.

Exporters of hibiscus flowers from Nigeria to Mexico are expected to earn about N3.1 trillion about $4 billion in 2023.

Recall that Nigeria’s Ambassador to Mexico, Adejare Bello, had in November 2022, said the country is expected to earn about $3 billion annually when it resumes the exportation of hibiscus flowers to Mexico in January 2023.

Nigeria had maintained good trade relationship with Mexico until 2017 when the relationship was suspended upon the discovery that some containers of hibiscus flowers brought from Nigeria were contaminated with pests.

Speaking with our correspondent, the controller in charge of the Nigeria Customs Export Processing command, in Ijora, Lagos, Comptroller Mohammed Babandede, said export of hibiscus flowers has been on a steady rise in the last six months of 2023.

https://dailytrust.com/exporters-target-n3-1tr-from-hibiscus-flowers-to-mexico/

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
NCRI
it's like this is in Nigeria state office

Any alternative
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by DaveHarry(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
Sesame can be eaten raw, or processed for it's oil... many people do not know that oil in sardine is sesame oil, it contains magnesium,calcium, zinc,iron etc...it is very good for skin and hair health.... Follow this thread as I update us on my daily progress.... Agriculture is life...no food, no nation.
I for like learn work from your hand. Are you based in Delta

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Smkal(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
planting will stop by 10th September.... Plan against next year na
bros, it stopped base in your location. In Kano for example, I have already harvested mine about a month ago

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by ugoadudu: 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hi. Good afternoon. I'm interested in sesame farming. I have one acre of land I can use in ibusa, Delta State. My question is how to get the seeds and fertilizer. Also, why did you say that once it's September 10th that we shouldn't plant anymore?

author=Esude007 post=125369325] e author=Ebubu3 post=125369208]it’s how to find importers who I can export these items to is the problem note, it should not be grown in a water logged area... Anything September 10th, stop planting...best soil is sandy loam... And it should not be water logged[/quote]
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by ugoadudu: 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
e author=Ebubu3 post=125369208]it’s how to find importers who I can export these items to is the problem note, it should not be grown in a water logged area... Anything September 10th, stop planting...best soil is sandy loam... And it should not be water logged

Hi. Good afternoon. I'm interested in sesame farming. I have one acre of land I can use in ibusa, Delta State. My question is how to get the seeds and fertilizer. Also, why did you say that once it's September 10th that we shouldn't plant anymore?

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Drbolie(m): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2023
Any interested buyer should please contact DRBOLIE ENTERPRISE for supply 08161676914 Whatsapp
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
iwaeda:

grin grin grin grin

I'm curious, how do you cope with the kidnappers? How would they know who is the actual farmer that contributed to the payments? What about the traditional rulers in the community? Can't they be of protection?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Beelisam: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2023
Just yesterday I was telling someone to plan this sesame in his farm where he just harvested groundnuts.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by slan87(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
Very informative, thumbs 👍
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Halcyon123(f): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
rotadeco27:
Ops Weldon
Pls can it grow in ogbomosho and iseyin axixes of Oyo state.
Also in Jos , plateau state
Jos,yes

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by jclassiq(m): 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2023
Jedidiah241:
Boss! How many 100kg bags make up 1 tonne of sesame seeds?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by jclassiq(m): 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
rotadeco27:
Ops Weldon
Pls can it grow in ogbomosho and iseyin axixes of Oyo state.
Also in Jos , plateau state
Axes
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by jclassiq(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
Agriculture is beautiful
This is you, sir?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Orlu15(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
I reside in Benue state, the Food Basket of the Nation. If you you need Sesame in large quantity I can supply it for you. For more call:
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2023
jclassiq:

This is you, sir?
yeah..Jerrydang
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2023
ugoadudu:

from calculation of rainfall based on my own area, above that time, the plants will not get water at some critical stages
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2023
Smkal:
bros, it stopped base in your location. In Kano for example, I have already harvested mine about a month ago
true.... Based on my own location... Na true
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
DaveHarry:

I for like learn work from your hand. Are you based in Delta
nope.. idah in kogi state
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
it's like this is in Nigeria state office

Any alternative
local market

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / Bush Meats From My Farms / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.