Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Issues With Choosing A Life Partner - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues With Choosing A Life Partner (20411 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Choosing To Remain Single? / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Choosing A Girl. / See Ten (10) Things To Check While Choosing A Husband In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by fasho01(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
It depends on what you're looking for in a life partner
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Jewessgratitud3: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
It depends on individual choice. Some will not mind a rich illiterate spouse.. for me though, I'm easily attracted to a learned man who's very sound with good command of English. If he wants to win me over totally, let him just have a little bit of British diction. cheesy cheesy cheesy.... . That's what works for me.

If I start talking with a guy and he starts blowing bomb,'ll won't even bother to check if he is wealthy, I'll lose interest instantly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by BigBellyBurst(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
PussyGalore:
Broke Nairaland guys will congregate here to bash women which is their favourite past time.

No broke guy should quote me please, I have a headache

You have seen Goldfinger, right?
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2023
The Heat dey touch every Corner😂

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by jaksmillioniar: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:
As humans we are not 💯 perfect but how do u make a choice of a life partner who is well to do but can't speak good English and is not ready to get an education because he sees it as a waste of time
How about a lady who is a wife material and has all the qualities you want but is not educated and doesn't speak good English but has refused to get educated and seees it as a waste of time due to her business which brings a lot of cash
Can you cope ?
rubbish is English my language.am not too good in English same tin with my woman but I can tell u dat we are richer and enjoy life more Dan who speak. Just get one who understand u is well behave and fateful to u

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by King3urna(m): 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Nairaland family it's my birthday

5 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Kobojunkiee: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Mrbenny001:
You can convince her to to learn how to speak better..let her get private teacher..patapata 20k per month
She saw no reason to do such before she met you but you take it on yourself to convince her of what ought to be commonsense in this day and age? And you folks keep wondering why it always seem to end up badly in the end. undecided

Look, only date and marry someone who already exhibits and has the qualities you desire in a mate. The moment you start trying to change that person, know say you don take your hand open door into the relationship twilight zone.

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by IPDGP: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
If you know President Jonathan wife , then u have peace
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Kobojunkiee: 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Daniel058:
As long as she's not a gossiper, respect you,have sense, who good English epp?
I only need a good woman, that's ready to be a stay At home mom
You think respect comes free of charge...you never begin. If you don't continuously work to prove yourself worth that respect, your eye go open before long in relationship twilight zone. undecided

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Sharakayemo: 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
Who education epp.? For marriage matter, in fact na education scatter everything for marriage, all these educated over Sabi girls wey dey look for perfect man, like say na job vacancy. Las Las, when they are getting close to 40, that's when they will be running from one crusade to another pastor looking for any husband. My advise is, we should follow our hearts and pray that it works out, and if it doesn't. know when it's best to back out, because relationship just like everything in life is risk...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by SpaceAngel: 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
If someone doesn't meet your standards, move on. Humans rarely change, don't try to bend them to suit your standards.

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Daniel058(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
You think respect comes free of charge...you never begin. If you don't continuously work to prove yourself worth that respect, your eye go open before long in relationship twilight zone. undecided
cheesy
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Oizee(f): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
King3urna:
Nairaland family it's my birthday
happy birthday to you! May God grant your heart desires

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by sparko1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2023
Yuneehk:
Since when did education or Good English become a requirement to settle down with somebody.

Character over good English, please.

It will matter as time goes on, you may not mind now, what happens when they can't express themselves or contribute constructively to any discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2023
Its a personal choice but for me, it is a deal breaker.
You have to be educated before i even take you serious for a relationship.

Mothers influence children a lot educationaly and i would not want to end up with mgbeke shildren.

You can't give what you dont have.

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by franchasofficia: 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:
As humans we are not 💯 perfect but how do u make a choice of a life partner who is well to do but can't speak good English and is not ready to get an education because he sees it as a waste of time
How about a lady who is a wife material and has all the qualities you want but is not educated and doesn't speak good English but has refused to get educated and seees it as a waste of time due to her business which brings a lot of cash
Can you cope ?
I don't think you or any other persons with this wack mentality are ready to marry.

Is English our mother tongue or first language?

How many Chinese or Russians or Germans or Taiwanese or Koreans or Arabs or Japanese or French speak English fluently? Does it make them less wife or husband materials? Does it make them less of human beings?

Your former President Buhari, does he know how to speak English despite the decades he spent traveling to different countries?

Some of you ladies have unrealistic expectations from guys and that is the reason millions of ladies will never find a husband for real

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Basiljoe: 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
Submission and Good character are prime qualities.

But, You must get a little bit of education. No matter how little.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by BESTScientist1: 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
Mrbenny001:
You can convince her to to learn how to speak better..let her get private teacher..patapata 20k per month

what do you guys see teachers as? a 20k per month teacher needs to be properly taught too. Gorrit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Legendguy(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2023
The educated ones are the ones that causes wahala hear and there with all their English, leading to break up

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by franchasofficia: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
Skyview01:
Its a personal choice but for me, it is a deal breaker.
You have to be educated before i even take you serious for a relationship.

Mothers influence children a lot educationaly and i would not want to end up with mgbeke shildren.

You can't give what you dont have.
Being good in spoken English does not make one educated.

I know a first class graduate of OAU that can hardly speak English.

Yes being able to speak good English is good and commendable but never a prerequisite for good marital life.

Una get plenty wahala for Nigeria cheesy
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by teejaymmm(m): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2023
Na those ones get wahala pass baba. Inferiority complex
Lifeomann:
As far as she has a good character, I will marry her, after all most of the educated ones get wahala for head😒
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Thundafireseun: 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2023
FuckTheMod:
As a man, let me just speak for men.

Choosing a life partner is one of the most important step of any man in life.

It's very important to not make the mistake of choosing a wrong partner, as the could affect a man destiny and well-being.

In whatever you do, do not choose a BAGGAGE, A LEFTOVER, A DAMAGED AND BROKEN GIRL FOR A PARTNER.
A GIRL'S PERSONALITY CAN DETERMINE THE KIND OF CHILDREN SHE'S BIRTH FOR YOU.

Avoid

- WHÓRËS - girls with multiple bodycount (+2) is too much.
A girl with multiple bodycount can never be a girl with good morals and most likely not raised by responsible parents.
Her bodycount tells a lot about her personality.
Having multiple bodycount means:
She must have cheated in her past relationships. If she's cheated before, she can most likely cheat again.
A man should only aim to be with a girl that most men want but can not or have not had, and not the one that most man want and many many have had.
Make sure to dig into her past and use it against her.
Her past is who she is now and it'll also determine her future.
In this life, JUDGE PEOPLE BY THEIR PAST.
People go to jail because of their past
The bank will check your past credit records before giving you a loan.
EVEN GOD WILL EVENTUALLY JUDGE US BY OUR PAST SO, DON'T LET ANY BROKEN, DAMAGED AND PRETENDING LYING ƁASTARD TELL YOU NOT TO JUDGE HER BY HER PAST.

God bless you

5 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2023
franchasofficia:
Being good in spoken English does not make one educated.

I know a first class graduate of OAU that can hardly speak English.

Yes being able to speak good English is good and commendable but never a prerequisite for good marital life.

Una get plenty wahala for Nigeria cheesy

Show me anywhere in my write up where i equated being good at spoken English with being educated?
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Kobojunkiee: 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2023
SpaceAngel:
If someone doesn't meet your standards, move on. Humans rarely change, don't try to bend them to suit your standards.
Thank you! Imagine people thinking relationship is about choosing a dog to train. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Kobojunkiee: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2023
Legendguy:
The educated ones are the ones that causes wahala hear and there with all their English, leading to break up
Nonsense talk! You mean instead that they have low tolerance for your bullsheet which makes sense as education is meant to help us rise above things we formerly would accept in ignorance as humans. undecided
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by CaptainFM1: 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:
Can you cope ?

Just choose. A partner is a partner until you added the word, "Life" which makes you to think your partner can give you life.

Your partner is only meant to support you, only God will give you life.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by teejaymmm(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
Every woman must try as much as possible to develop themselves educationally. Nobody knows tomorrow
Yuneehk:
Since when did education or Good English become a requirement to settle down with somebody.

Character over good English, please.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by sonofthunder: 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
obembet:
This thread is for me, am here to read comment...also maybe I wil meet my guy here today.

My dm is now open to serious guy

Your comments gives more reasons to be weary of you. You don't mind a nairalander now? Even a red piller?

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by teejaymmm(m): 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
That's if she's teachable
DyingFetus:
I'll teach her and mould her into a nerdy shy woman with my sweet loving popsicle :-)
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
You must have good characters in addition to the education otherwise I will look for somebody else. Its that simple.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Skillsnigeria: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
I can cope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photo Of A Nairalander / Masturbation Is One Hell Of An Addiction / Viju Milk Is Aphrodisiac, Watch Out !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.