Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Issues With Choosing A Life Partner - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues With Choosing A Life Partner (20425 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Choosing To Remain Single? / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Choosing A Girl. / See Ten (10) Things To Check While Choosing A Husband In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by MrCuteking(m): 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
The lady I dated because of her beauty, disgraced me with her English in public.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by frozen70(f): 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:
As humans we are not 💯 perfect but how do u make a choice of a life partner who is well to do but can't speak good English and is not ready to get an education because he sees it as a waste of time
How about a lady who is a wife material and has all the qualities you want but is not educated and doesn't speak good English but has refused to get educated and seees it as a waste of time due to her business which brings a lot of cash
Can you cope ?

You can never get all in one package

Just get 70% and above which is a good credit next to Distinction

But love and respect out weights everything

Including education of the personality involve
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Exceed15: 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
Una eyes go soon clear when u enter the marriage proper. Marriage has made a lot of lives miserable.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by BennyDGreat: 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
cliqtips:
As a man, just make sure you're at least 5x ahead of your woman in every aspect be it Education, money ...... name it

Most woman when they see that they are more educated than their husband, they tend to want to dominate if care is not taken.

Everyone cannot be 5x ahead of their woman oh...it's not feasible most times

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by SonofGod231: 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
Just how do I take a woman that can't speak simple and correct english to my parents that love queen's english and plenty talk?! She will go and be mixing past and present tenses up. No na ,It would be too catastrophic for my mum to bear.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by BennyDGreat: 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
MrCuteking:
The lady I dated because of her beauty, disgraced me with her English in public.

With the right training, anyone can become better at anything
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Bfly: 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
Na yourself you dey marry her to and she dey relate normal normal.

Abi you dey fear make dem no laugh you say your wife no fit speak english. Na where we dey get problem be this. People validation.
Ok. 70% of Nigerians can't speak good and correct English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by idalex: 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2023
IyaTola:
wink
Dear prettiest,
It is a good thing to decipher that prince charming if really he is husband material to avoid stumbling upon. There is this rampant saying that 'real men are difficult to find.' How true is this? Well, let's harness few things to check while choosing a male life partner, not just a male lover!
1. Am I a side-chick? Yes, dear ladies, you should ascertain your stance in the relationship so as to discover what really he sees you as.
2. What does he take me as? My dear, you might be an alternative to his boredom. Do check, check and check.
3. Is he ready? Is he, really? Does ...

well said

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Space131: 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
How about a lady who lived a promiscuous life and plenty body count
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
Don't marry a liability, marry someone who is earning an income, someone that will be able to take care of your kids in your absence e.g when the death of a partner occur...
In all, marry based on your principle, there is more after the 💕 love...
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Karleb(m): 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
Truth is, if you are a good person, in the right sense of the word, you will most likely attract a good partner..

Everybody bad but them dey find better partner. Let us continue to play.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Kobojunkiee: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2023
MrCuteking:
She didn't disgrace you. Rather, you disgraced yourself by dating her knowing English fluency mattered to you. undecided
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Kobojunkiee: 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
BennyDGreat:
■ With the right training, anyone can become better at anything
Right training because she be dog wey you suppose train, abi?? undecided
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
obembet:
This thread is for me, am here to read comment...also maybe I wil meet my guy here today.

My dm is now open to serious guy
This thread is " really for you " indeed. Judging from you grammar.
You are the type the OP used in his narrative.

SMH.

PS:
You will not meet your guy here today. Guys are not thirsty people who just lower standards and dive at the first chance of a woman advertising herself to them, all because she feels she's the prize, and has a puzzy.
Nah...
I trust NL males, anyway. They'll just eat and clean their mouths, and move on. grin

Dey play wink

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Charx122: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:
As humans we are not 💯 perfect but how do u make a choice of a life partner who is well to do but can't speak good English and is not ready to get an education because he sees it as a waste of time
How about a lady who is a wife material and has all the qualities you want but is not educated and doesn't speak good English but has refused to get educated and seees it as a waste of time due to her business which brings a lot of cash
Can you cope ?

Bring her down to Earth..
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by King3urna(m): 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
Oizee:
happy birthday to you! May God grant your heart desires

Thanks family ❣
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2023
MrCuteking:

grin grin cheesy

I've seen those type of girls in Abj. Fair and creme-looking but stark illiterates upon further discovery (when they opened their mouths to converse )
Luckily, I didn't data any. Just a mere flirting. And it ended immediately.

Lastly, English is still not our mother language, though.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Knetpro(m): 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2023
You have a valid point here.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Ladygee12: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
franchasofficia:
I don't think you or any other persons with this wack mentality are ready to marry.

Is English our mother tongue or first language?

How many Chinese or Russians or Germans or Taiwanese or Koreans or Arabs or Japanese or French speak English fluently? Does it make them less wife or husband materials? Does it make them less of human beings?

Your former President Buhari, does he know how to speak English despite the decades he spent traveling to different countries?

Some of you ladies have unrealistic expectations from guys and that is the reason millions of ladies will never find a husband for real
Coming from someone like you who doesn't know how to respectfully make his point without talking trash
People like u will be the first to correct the lady's Grammatical blunder

1 Like

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by saasala(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
It depends on individual choice. Some will not mind a rich illiterate spouse.. for me though, I'm easily attracted to a learned man who's very sound with good command of English. If he wants to win me over totally, let him just have a little bit of British diction. cheesy cheesy cheesy.... . That's what works for me.

If I start talking with a guy and he starts blowing bomb,'ll won't even bother to check if he is wealthy, I'll lose interest instantly.

Let me guess your age....18 to 23. That's right.

When you turn 25, your priorities in life will change.

I might sound like I'm talking gibberish now. I won't make sense to you now until you clock 25.

Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Mrbenny001: 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2023
BESTScientist1:

what do you guys see teachers as? a 20k per month teacher needs to be properly taught too. Gorrit?
No, private lesson of 3 -4 hours per week for 20k per month is not bad..I didn't say full time teacher
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by nkemjacob2(m): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
I will marry her then tutor her
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by achorladey: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
You can't be well to do and not have one form of education that aided that "well to do". Well to do don't get thrown down from heaven.

You cannot be making lots of money and still say education is lacking. How does a person making money know he or she is making money?
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by franchasofficia: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:

Coming from someone like you who doesn't know how to respectfully make his point without talking trash
People like u will be the first to correct the lady's Grammatical blunder
My lady, English is not a prerequisite for marriage in Nigeria.

Most Indians speak English with Hindu grin

Most Yorubas speak English with Yoruba. When I did my NYSC, the schools in the Yoruba state I served used Yoruba to teach their Pupils English cheesy

Not everybody is good with learning 2nd or 3rd language, whereas some are experts, that doesn't make the other persons that couldn't learn less of humans.

If you don't gerrit forget about it grin
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by LivingSage: 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
Jennyclay, how I sees you

Skyfo.rnia:
What do you mean by education? If your definition of education is only the four walls of higher institution then you are deceiving yourself. Education can be acquired by mixing or interacting with people, travelling, watching movies, radio, documentaries, reading, surfing the internet etc. It can also be acquired through the business you do, the messages(Word of God) you listen to.

Before I got married, I had a long lists of what I wanted in a woman, for some years I was searching for a woman with those attributes but when I found my wife, I realized that my happiness and peace of mind is paramount.
A submissive woman, who is supportive, who will respect and cherish you, who gives you happiness and peace of mind is something you should prioritize.

Don't go and marry someone that will raise your BP after some years, you go just dïe trowey.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Bigsunny01(m): 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
How many of us dey speak english for dis country wey no contain pidgin?

Mumu british came here enforce dere language on us and tell us to call it our official language

If i may ask what is so official about dat language?

Abi u no understand dis pidgin wey i speak so? shocked shocked

My dear communication maters, in as much as we hear each odas well in our communication even if it doesn't involve de good english like u said
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by GOSPELTRUTH31: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ladygee12:
Can you cope ?

Before you choose a wife ask yourself if money should be removed from the picture will she respect you, will she be humble, will she listen to you?

Then add money to the picture and you will be fine.

BrotherDavid
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by riczy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2023
FuckTheMod:
In whatever you do,
Avoid olosho
Avoid SINGLE MOTHERS and even girls raised by SINGLE MOTHERS
Avoid a girl that's not religious
Avoid broke and jobless girls
If she's not a virgin, don't let her fool you into no-sex before marriage, BECAUSE SHE'LL DO IT WITH OTHERS IN SECRET.
Dig her past and know who she truly is.
A girl's past is one of the most important factor to check before making her a partner.
A girl with +2 BODYCOUNT is a big red flag!
She will have most likely done abortions and could have even dated married men.
There's absolutely nothing to love and cherish in something that a lot of people have had and used aka
USED PRODUCT
DAMAGED PRODUCT
WASTE PRODUCT
LEFTOVER etc
Omoba u day vex ohhhhh! Easy on them pls
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2023
PussyGalore:
Broke Nairaland guys will congregate here to bash women which is their favourite past time.

No broke guy should quote me please, I have a headache
i can't believe i checked your dp.

Am traumatized. embarassed at such disgusting picture

2 Likes

Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by cliqtips: 10:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Everyone cannot be 5x ahead of their woman oh...it's not feasible most times

No, it's not for everyone.
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by PreshmilliPm(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
For me I think choosing a life partner depends on character and manners....if i no see those two things mhen am off no stress kiss
Re: Issues With Choosing A Life Partner by Lifeomann(m): 11:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
teejaymmm:
Na those ones get wahala pass baba. Inferiority complex
What I meant was that the educated ones hardly submit. If you dont understand what I said then shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Men Find Breast Sucking A Tax Or Burden? / Masturbation Is One Hell Of An Addiction / Okey Bakassi And Wife, Ezinne Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.