Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? (39482 Views)

Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 360command: 2:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Every case of an individual is different. He who never go never know.
He can be deported and he cannot be deported.
Lawyers dey vary. Head are not the same.
I have seen someone on tourist visa commit a crime, went to prison and came out, immigration was there to pick him; law is law and they argued in court, he got out. Note: 10 out 10 people said he will be deported , yet he was not deported. Today, he is a greencard holder.

I have also seen someone arrested for drug related offence. Lawyer argued his kid is autistic,the kid has strong bond with the dad, no one can handle the kid but the dad. There were proofs and they won the case. The guy was not deported. He is a greencard holder.

When things becomes worse, na lawyer you go look up to. Also, someone's head and another person head no be the same.

First case, na govt lawyer wey fight the case. Note: people said. "Ah! Govt lawyer no go do anything, if na private lawyer, we go say en-hen, maybe something fit happen but I no sure".

Second case, they paid the lawyer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Originalsly: 2:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

WILL HE BE DEPORTED after serving his jail term?

No doubt.... and whatever assets confiscated and used for restitution.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Probz(m): 2:18am On Aug 30, 2023
Lateefodutola:
Some people sha...
White man's land no be joke,them no go hear

Actually, America’s a native Indian’s land, if we’re going to go there.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Probz(m): 2:19am On Aug 30, 2023
Yes, OP. Yup. He’ll almost certainly be deported, I’m afraid.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by jaxxy(m): 2:28am On Aug 30, 2023
DiscoverID:

But Joe Biden and Hunter Biden were doing fraud with some Chinese and Ukrainians and yet he was elected the president and the FBI even protected him against prosecution. America 🇺🇸 has the most fraudulent system out there, unless you are broke. Quit the sanctimonious claims.

fbi protected trump bt now he's been held accountable. This is a former president.

joe biddens son is already facing charges.

America isn't perfect bt it is not as corrupt as the shithole where criminals are continuously and brazenly rewarded.

dey play

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Unperturbedpota: 2:34am On Aug 30, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:

Dumbest retard, I guess you didn't comprehend the part where I said he might fall through the cracks if it's a state crime. I know people who did state time and the State failed to turn them over to the Feds.
State can also prosecute felonies also incase your dumb ass didn't know that.
People can still fall through the Federal system not to talk of State. No system is 100 percent.

You are very stupid daft and useless . What do you mean by fall through the cracks ? Useless idiot who has beevr left Nigeria. You think this is a movie? Fool, in the states we have records of everything, useless idiot no such thing as thieves like you falling through cracks .

Bastard
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by IjeBos(m): 2:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

But there is a lesson here. If you can get your US citizenship, get it done. Don't procrastinate esp. since it doesn't effect your Nigerian citizenship. You, never know what happens in life. And you'd rather be facing it with the protections of a US citizenship than not.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Unperturbedpota: 2:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Empiree:
Unperturbedpota, you see this response is similar to what I said too, isn't?.

So be humble

You are quoting @Emetex22 a stupid person who has never applied for visa or even seen the inside of an embassy before ? Alot of these people are just talkin so they appear cool these peocsnt even afford a bus ride to Ghana talkless of leaving Nigeria ...

That goat doesn't know what he is saying

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Chibuzoripob: 2:38am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

As I suspected you are a tout. You haveenver even applied for a visa nor do you know the way to an international airport. You will never ever leave Nigeria.

You are so useless and likely a yoruba. Only ou guys act like beasts like this

Bye
u and ur father will never amount to nothing in life.Useless boy.Who told u that US will just deport u after serving ur jail term?Ur uncle in South Africa told u this moonlight tales abi undecided? Stupid boy

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Unperturbedpota: 2:38am On Aug 30, 2023
linearity:

I think what he meant is, there are some States, especially blue States that don’t share immigrant prison information with ICE.

In those cases, ICE will not even know if he is convicted of any crime and won’t know if he is serving in prison or not.

In those situations, he will more likely ‘fall through the cracks’ but he would have to remain in those cracks for almost forever and later become illegal.

If his Green Card expires and he tries to renew it or if he try to file for citizenship; that is when ICE would pull his files and get the 411 on his felony and would definitely deny his application and put him in deportation proceedings.

But all these are hypothetical because he committed a federal crime so ICE would get the 411 from day one.

Bros the marshals.will hand him over to ICE the day h is released from prison. Immediately he is sentenced his green card will be revoked ..

He will never step into America again

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Unperturbedpota: 2:39am On Aug 30, 2023
Glock22:

The bolded is not true.

Deportation is not automatic.

He will face another trial in an immigration court where he will be ruled to stay or get deported.

Oga get away and look for fuel for you generator.

I don't argue with people who have never left Nigeria and rely on Dstv and internet for information
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Unperturbedpota: 2:41am On Aug 30, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
u and ur father will never amount to nothing in life.Useless boy.Who told u that US will just deport u after serving ur jail term?Ur uncle in South Africa told u this moonlight tales abi undecided? Stupid boy

Hahahaha.

Poor boy. I am so glad theives like you are deported . Though you have never left Nigeria and will never be allowed into America forever. Because thieves like you are the ones who give us bad name here.

Bastard yahoo thief ...

Deportation is all yahoo boys portion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by IjeBos(m): 2:42am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

You are very stupid daft and useless . What do you mean by fall through the cracks ? Useless idiot who has beevr left Nigeria. You think this is a movie? Fool, in the states we have records of everything, useless idiot no such thing as thieves like you falling through cracks .

Bastard

I don't think all the insults are necessary here. I believe he may have a point. As I believe the states have to report it to the Federal government. Similar to what some states are doing/not doing with illegal immigrants.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by kelvindj98: 2:44am On Aug 30, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
The one na Deportee
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by IjeBos(m): 2:47am On Aug 30, 2023
DiscoverID:

But Joe Biden and Hunter Biden were doing fraud with some Chinese and Ukrainians and yet he was elected the president and the FBI even protected him against prosecution. America 🇺🇸 has the most fraudulent system out there, unless you are broke. Quit the sanctimonious claims.

You should take the propaganda to another thread. The basis of your argument is not based in any facts outside the rantings in right wing echo chambers. And, yes I'm fully aware of the allegations and no I'm not arguing it with you.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Weknowbetter: 2:47am On Aug 30, 2023
You sound happy for him.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by PepeXKermit: 2:47am On Aug 30, 2023
Karleb:
I don't know why our people are greedy.

America is the last place anyone should do crime for money, there are a million ways to be rich in that country and you are comfortable without even trying.

You don go there before?
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 43Ronin: 2:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

If they deport him,who will now pay restitution?
There would be lots of forfeiture in assets and cash. By the time he is done with his sentence his green card would have been revoked and summarily deported especially if Trump becomes president. na citizenship person suppose use run azaman, if dem catch you na just jail time..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 43Ronin: 2:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

They don't care, that now comes in when he ever drams of going to America because his children are citizens, remember that part of the visa form where they ask you to disclose if you have ever been convicted? He will be forever be denied visa to enter America for life . His kids can only come here to visit him he can never ever enter America till he dies
you are just brutally honest cheesy but I suspect the poster sha, we should have asked why he's asking.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Unperturbedpota: 2:54am On Aug 30, 2023
IjeBos:

I don't think all the insults are necessary here. I believe he may have a point. As I believe the states have to report it to the Federal government. Similar to what some states are doing/not doing with illegal immigrants.
OMG

It doesn't work that way this is not Nigeria here the states are largely independent.though this a federal felony meaning still state persecutors due to location of crime but federal law due to the crime and sentencing but not the way you are saying!

Basically he will be deported and his green card revoked simple!!!?

There is no way around it period ! You can go to re American Embassy in Nigeria to protest this if you don't like it
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by fuqua: 2:59am On Aug 30, 2023
YES!
Onefornaija24:
My primary school mate just got convicted in the USA for 36 months.

It had to do with money laundering, aza man issues about 200k USD.

He has a green card but not a citizen.

He has been in the USA since 2017.

He has 2 kids he gave birth to there with naija wife.

He impregnated an akata, akata oyibo woman gave birth while he was in prison because he was already in detention till the court conviction last week.

WILL HE BE DEPORTED after serving his jail terms?

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Chibuzoripob: 3:00am On Aug 30, 2023
grin hopeless dingbats grin. US justice system doesn't do their own thing like ur illiterate self/mumu father.They"ll deport him if he deals in cocaine/he is a hardened criminal like ur father..They'll pardon him if he show remorse, sorry for his crime...Go and deport him,hopeless vagabond
Unperturbedpota:

Hahahaha.

Poor boy. I am so glad theives like you are deported . Though you have never left Nigeria and will never be allowed into America forever. Because thieves like you are the ones who give us bad name here.

Bastard yahoo thief ...

Deportation is all yahoo boys portion

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Goodman247: 3:00am On Aug 30, 2023
Every Nigerians go, they keep disgracing themselves
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by IjeBos(m): 3:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

OMG

It doesn't work that way this is not Nigeria here the states are largely independent.though this a federal felony meaning federal jurisdiction is in okay due to the crime and sentencing but not the way you are sayings

Basically he will be deported and his green card revoked simple!!!?

There is no way around it period ! You can go to re American Embassy 8n Nigeria to protest this if you don't like it

1.) I'm a US citizen.
2.) He's making a good point. I think he was arguing in the situation where it wasn't a federal conviction. If he was convicted in State court of a felony what would happen? Not sure how independent states are in Nigeria, but they are independent in the US, though Federal law is supreme. Because of that there has to be a way for the Federal government to know he was arrested and convicted of a felony that may make him eligible for deportation. So, if the state must report it, there is a possibility he could fall through some cracks in the reporting process. I don't know, but it makes sense.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by ykalhaji(m): 3:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

What if he isn't deported?

After his done with his jail sentence, he will 1st be sent to Immigration holding, then he will be processed for deportation. Good behavior and zero criminal record are conditions of maintaining a Green Card, going to jail for a criminal offence(misdemeanor or felony) now automatically triggers placing the foreign national on removal procedure. After deportation based on the crime, will be banned from re-entry into US for 10-20 or life.

Now about the restitution, since it is a condition of his sentence, his 10 or 29 years ban starts the day he finishes paying the restitution, if he wants to come back to US after the 10-20 year ban then he must pay the restitution, but if he can't pay, then he can't pay and should just move on and then forget about yankee.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Yankee101: 3:03am On Aug 30, 2023
1. Which state?
2. Why is he doing yahoo in the US when he can earn legit money?
3. Federal or state prison/case (na FBI or State police or County case)

The state, level and location of crime/incarceration will determine his fate

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Alchemy528: 3:07am On Aug 30, 2023
That's your business oga
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by IjeBos(m): 3:09am On Aug 30, 2023
For anyone interested, 8 U.S. Code § 1227 spells out the classes of deportable aliens (what aliens can be deported for). Below are some.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1227

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Babaolokutajnr2: 3:09am On Aug 30, 2023
Are you chatting with us from the US detention??

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by YesDaddyTill203: 3:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Bastard
Dumbest imb@cile. So why did Trump setup a department to track down people who have been convicted of crimes, did time but where never deported? He setup a department to track them down and have them deported when he was in office. Even some cities are refusing to turn over their criminals for deportation as required by federal law.
https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/551641-states-sue-over-bidens-limits-on-criminals-to-be-deported/

Asinine fools like that just got a visa yesterday or won a visa lottery just some years ago now feel like they know everything.
The first time I flew to the US, I can bet that your father have not even met your mother yet not to talk of you being born.
STFU and get lost.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by ykalhaji(m): 3:21am On Aug 30, 2023
linearity:
He will be deported either immediately after serving his prison sentence or later.

For sure, he is not not qualify to Naturalization and become a citizen, hopefully he has gotten his ten years Green Card as that would buy him more time in case he is not deported after serving his sentence.

If he is not deported immediately after serving his sentence, advice never to file for citizenship even if he is qualified to do as that will give immigration another time to give his whole file another look.

If he must renew his Green Card, he should look for a good attorney and should do that after having acquired a substantial period of good moral behavior e.g. five years after finishing his sentence. This good behavior period is not a get out of jail card, but it is a mitigating behavior to show immigration that he has ‘learnt’ his lesson, but they can still close the books on him regardless.

Even if his kids file for him done the road, this will still stand in his way. The best defense against not reaping the consequences of a crime is not to commit the crime.

Bros, all states now automatically request citizenship and immigration status and use the homeland security database to verify identity and immigration status upon all and any kind of arrests. USCIS is notified of all arrests and convictions of immigrants now.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Emetex22(m): 3:26am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

You are quoting @Emetex22 a stupid person who has never applied for visa or even seen the inside of an embassy before ? Alot of these people are just talkin so they appear cool these peocsnt even afford a bus ride to Ghana talkless of leaving Nigeria ...

That goat doesn't know what he is saying
I dey California, Brentwood to be precise, no boasting 😆 😂, this place is not heaven, be humble, you probably haven't been paid any stipend. You think living in US is an achievement, ewedu gobbler

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Two Killed In Multiple Accident Along Ikorodu Road (Photos) / COVID-19: Emirates Steps Up Safety Measures For Customers And Employees(Pics) / Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.