Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? (39478 Views)

Happie Boys To Be Deported From Cyprus Within 30 Days - Leaked Chat / Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Nigerian Man Begs To Be Deported After 5 Years In Italy/Germany (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by usagee36: 3:26am On Aug 30, 2023
Lazy evil people. His name is Okechukwu F. Iwuji 38yrs. Either his the one making this post or a family member who is scared. Those bad guy will touch his Nyanshhhh in jail grin grin As for your question, immediately his coming out of Jail, ICE will pick him up and deport him. His not a citizen and I doubt his on a Green card as you stated. He doesn't have documents. Guess he over stayed his visa. What a terrible way to end.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by DaddyCoool: 3:31am On Aug 30, 2023
360command:
Every case of an individual is different. He who never go never know.
He can be deported and he cannot be deported.
Lawyers dey vary. Head are not the same.
I have seen someone on tourist visa commit a crime, went to prison and came out, immigration was there to pick him; law is law and they argued in court, he got out. Note: 10 out 10 people said he will be deported , yet he was not deported. Today, he is a greencard holder.

I have also seen someone arrested for drug related offence. Lawyer argued his kid is autistic,the kid has strong bond with the dad, no one can handle the kid but the dad. There were proofs and they won the case. The guy was not deported. He is a greencard holder.

When things becomes worse, na lawyer you go look up to. Also, someone's head and another person head no be the same.

First case, na govt lawyer wey fight the case. Note: people said. "Ah! Govt lawyer no go do anything, if na private lawyer, we go say en-hen, maybe something fit happen but I no sure".

Second case, they paid the lawyer.

Things are almost always easier in real life than people theorize. That's why you should ALWAYS TRY!
Don't let people talk you out of trying!!!!!
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by austinleo38: 3:35am On Aug 30, 2023
Made up nonsense story.
When you mentioned akata. Akata Oyinbo women I knew na nonsense you post.

Akata na African American. Oyinbo na white.
Get your shitty story right and on point boy and stop acting like you know

Onefornaija24:
My primary school mate just got convicted in the USA for 36 months.

It had to do with money laundering, aza man issues about 200k USD.

He has a green card but not a citizen.

He has been in the USA since 2017.

He has 2 kids he gave birth to there with naija wife.

He impregnated an akata, akata oyibo woman gave birth while he was in prison because he was already in detention till the court conviction last week.

WILL HE BE DEPORTED after serving his jail terms?

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Emetex22(m): 3:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

You are quoting @Emetex22 a stupid person who has never applied for visa or even seen the inside of an embassy before ? Alot of these people are just talkin so they appear cool these peocsnt even afford a bus ride to Ghana talkless of leaving Nigeria ...

That goat doesn't know what he is saying
You called me names, you are a nicompoo, your must be an agbado drug miscreant, isn't it funny u think everyone is in Nigeria, palliative have failed you, hunger will kill you, ewedu gobbler, Amadioha will strike you and your cohorts, spits, Chicago is trending because of ur drug Lord

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Microwhy: 3:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Lateefodutola:
Some people sha...
White man's land no be joke,them no go hear
You know how many people don succeed?
To hell with whiteman and their Land.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by arantess: 3:56am On Aug 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
America a country people pick dollars on the floor is where an idiot went to commit crime. Bloody twa.t. He's gonna come back to enjoy agbado after his sentence probably he should run for president in future. His kind are loved in Nigeria.
See how you reason like a child

Why don't you go and pick dollars on the floor too?
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by tshtsh: 4:03am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Why do Nigerians talk about what they have no idea about? It might be me being petty but Oga why not face front since you don't know anything?

My response was based on the post. If you you don’t want comments why did you post it . Nevertheless based on your story I know enough to not hold brief for an immigration fraud (married an akata to secure a green card ) or for a convicted criminal .

You are attacking people yet from your post it’s obvious you don’t even know that akata refers to a black American/African American woman not a white woman.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by koolaid87: 4:29am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

He impregnated an akata, akata oyibo woman gave birth while he was in prison because he was already in detention till the court conviction last week.

He has a lot of stakes there, he won't be deported.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by koolaid87: 4:30am On Aug 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:
After doing the bid, hell definitely be deported and banned from re-entering the US.
His only saving grace is his American kids. When they clock 18, through the aid of a good immigration lawyer, they can bring their dad back to the US.

No way he'll be deported while his children stays there.

He won't be deported
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by DaddyCoool: 4:31am On Aug 30, 2023
tshtsh:

My response was based on the post. If you you don’t want comments why did you post it . Nevertheless based on your story I know enough to not hold brief for an immigration fraud (married an akata to secure a green card ) or for a convicted criminal .

You are attacking people yet from your post it’s obvious you don’t even know that akata refers to a black American/African American woman not a white woman.

Akata is such an old outdated term. Nigerians in US don't use it anymore. Whenever you see someone use it you can bet he very likely doesn't know what he's talking about!
(BTW Akata can also be a BA man)
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Klass99(f): 4:40am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by juman(m): 4:43am On Aug 30, 2023
You don't need to involve in criminality to get some money.
Try to have peace of mind. Work and work and save money bit by bit.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by juman(m): 4:48am On Aug 30, 2023
I believe he should be able to do very well in Nigeria.
He has seen that in America if you are hard working you will get good money.
So if returned to nigeria and work hard, he will succeed at home.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by ekitimanalways(m): 4:49am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

All immigrants, including those with green cards, can be deported if they violate U.S. laws.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Nzeodogwu(m): 4:51am On Aug 30, 2023
Congratulations 👏 to him. His road to becoming president, governor, a senator or Member House of Representatives in Nigeria is now clearer than ever.👌
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by grandstar(m): 4:52am On Aug 30, 2023
Klass99:

Was he a single guy or married with kids like the OP's classmate when this happened?

He was "married" to my first cousin.

He had stay but I doubt my cousin had as she hasn't been back ever since she left in the early 1990s. She used to move with drug dealers when she was still in Naija.

Her mum was buried about 2 weeks ago and she didn't come. One of her 2 sons who were sent to Naija when they were like 6 and 7 came back to pay his last respect.

The two boys went back when they were around 20 each. Their dad did not want to release them.

I think either their mum sent them down to Nigeria because where she lived then, Queen's in NYC was not an ideal environment for raising black kids.

Alternatively, the burden of raising 2 boys alone proved an unbearable burden and she therefore sent them to Naija

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by IjebuWarrior: 5:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Yes. He'll be deported after serving his time.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Klass99(f): 5:04am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by xandy84: 5:04am On Aug 30, 2023
No Sir. That is now America justice system works. Prosecutor do not deport. ICE deport people from America. Once you're sentence to a prison, the prison official will inform ICE when a non citizen arrive and ICE will put a detainer on your name. The detainer prevent the prison from releasing you after you complete your sentence. ICE will pick you up from prison the day of your release and transfer you to ICE holding prison waiting for deportation. They wait because it's cheaper to deport people in groups. They charter a plane, load people going to countries closer to each other like Ghana, Nigeria etc and off they go. Case closed.

YesDaddyTill203:
He will be deported. There is no exception unless it was part of a deal (this rarely happens) where the prosecution agreed not to deport him. He will be sent to a federal deportation prison and deported once he's done with his prison sentence.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Emmanuel909090: 5:06am On Aug 30, 2023
Okay
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by xandy84: 5:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Even with US citizenship, after leaving prison, it's tough to get your life back in track. Nobody wants to employ someone just get out of jail and without job to pay your bills, person life go spiral out of control quickly.
America has high rate of recidivism because the system never forgive even when you pay your dues to the society.

IjeBos:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

But there is a lesson here. If you can get your US citizenship, get it done. Don't procrastinate esp. since it doesn't effect your Nigerian citizenship. You, never know what happens in life. And you'd rather be facing it with the protections of a US citizenship than not.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by 7arrows: 5:19am On Aug 30, 2023
Onefornaija24:

If he has money to buy his way through they will not deport him. U.S is now like Nigeria everything can be bought from certificate to justice. Ask BAT he will give you the connection.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by hosemujica: 5:21am On Aug 30, 2023
May the greedy goat be deported, he’s of no use to Nigeria’s image abroad.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by AllenSpencer: 5:22am On Aug 30, 2023
usagee36:
Lazy evil people. His name is Okechukwu F. Iwuji 38yrs. Either his the one making this post or a family member who is scared. Those bad guy will touch his Nyanshhhh in jail grin grin As for your question, immediately his coming out of Jail, ICE will pick him up and deport him. His not a citizen and I doubt his on a Green card as you stated. He doesn't have documents. Guess he over stayed his visa. What a terrible way to end.

You are right!

https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdfl/pr/orlando-man-sentenced-federal-prison-mail-fraud-and-aggravated-identity-theft

Dude is home already! Families should start preparing for home coming

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by JeffreyJunior: 5:31am On Aug 30, 2023
There's a good chance that he will be deported after serving his sentence.

ICE will definitely be notified of his conviction especially with the name fraud and Nigeria on it. In fact, they will be having erection by now. grin

Dude will not have the opportunity to do the restitution which will be on file to fight him when he plans to return to the US after a possible 10years ban. Also, he may likely not be able to enter US ally countries ever again.

If his Nigerian wife loves him and wants him to smell the country again, she should join the US military immediately or push one of their kids to join.

Doing so will help make his re-entry a reality. If not, he should come to Obosi park and join us keke drivers. We are not doing badly you know. wink

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by xandy84: 5:36am On Aug 30, 2023
You're right but things has changed lately. You will be deported if you go to federal prison for a felony. That is automatic. State prison depend on the State. Some State will not report non citizen to ICE and will just release you after the end of your sentence but the guy in question was sentenced to federal prison and homeland security prosecute his case. People who know him should have advise him to run when he was on pre-trial release cos Naija better pass jail oo.

Empiree:
You may respond to people without being aggressive in your responses. Don't scare people away, buddy.

You are free to deport him if you can. Be gentle. Some people posted simple responses to bait someone like you. So be humble my friend.

Yes, his crime is a felony. This post doesn't have enough information. There might be other conditions in his sentence we may not know about. Yes, he's vulnerable to deportation in as much he's not a citizen. You should also consider state laws which are vary. We don't have information about which state he was convicted.

So when I said his sentence was not up to 10 years I knew what I was talking about. Sometimes the law says felony conviction of non-US citizen leads to deportation but this is not always the case. He will have a lawyer to fight it right?.

So be calm and don't be hard on people the way you responded to me. You don't know where I live and you automatically assumed I never got US visa. Smh

13 years ago in New York, Indian student with green card was convicted of murder which he was not directly responsible for but his words were directly linked to the victim killing himself.

He was sentenced to almost 2 years which he already served 1 year during investigation and trial. At his sentencing, his mother pleaded to politicians to have his sentence reduced. Jury said his sentence was over 10 years which automatically attracted deported after release. But after so much pleading, jury sentenced him to 18 months or so.

The news media said the NY- state law says, sentence of 10yrs or more is deportation after release and they said the boy was lucky. So be gentle when you reply to people. Your replies are very harsh my dear.

I knew this guy's vulnerable to deportation but do I need to scare people here?. Do I need to scare his friend that posted this?. Let's be gentle and be hopeful that he is not removed after he served his term.

Thank you
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by cookingsoul(m): 5:39am On Aug 30, 2023
quote author=YesDaddyTill203 post=125451872]
Dumbest retard, I guess you didn't comprehend the part where I said he might fall through the cracks if it's a state crime. I know people who did state time and the State failed to turn them over to the Feds.
State can also prosecute felonies also incase your dumb ass didn't know that.
People can still fall through the Federal system not to talk of State. No system is 100 percent.
[/quote]true it's called sanctuary cities aka blue or democrat leaning states.even if u get released u will still b on d run for example if a police officer pulls u over he will probably pull up ur immigration status,so it's jus a matter of time b4 they arrest u.u have turned to an illegal immigrant
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by JeffreyJunior: 5:41am On Aug 30, 2023
Orlando Man Sentenced To Federal Prison For Mail Fraud And Aggravated Identity Theft

This case was investigated by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). It was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Ranganath Manthripragada

If you're talking about this one, he is already a goner.

His deportation is as guaranteed as my morning coffee and donuts.

The idiot is one of the many idiots bringing shame to Americans of Nigerian descent who work hard day by day to prove themselves to be trustworthy.

As e dey vex me now, if they hold him one more day after his jail term without deporting him, I will petition ICE to know why they are wasting taxpayers money feeding the idiot. sad

1 Like

Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by lesson44: 5:49am On Aug 30, 2023
99.9999% chances that he will be deportation after jail term . unless otherwise he can prove that is life is in danger when he deported to his home country. For someone from Nigeria, that argument may not fly.
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by Risingsunn: 5:52am On Aug 30, 2023
He won't be deported. If the woman files for him
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by DiscoverID: 5:57am On Aug 30, 2023
jaxxy:

fbi protected trump bt now he's been held accountable. This is a former president.

joe biddens son is already facing charges.

America isn't perfect bt it is not as corrupt as the shithole where criminals are continuously and brazenly rewarded.

dey play

Joe Biden was on tape saying that he forced Ukraine to fire the prosecutor investigation burisma and his son by withholding the assistance going to Ukraine unless they did what he demanded.
The only brainwashed person believing America's justice system is you.

Keep drinking the kool aid without knowing the flavour
Re: My Friend Just Got Convicted In The USA, Will He Be Deported? by DiscoverID: 5:59am On Aug 30, 2023
IjeBos:

You should take the propaganda to another thread. The basis of your argument is not based in any facts outside the rantings in right wing echo chambers. And, yes I'm fully aware of the allegations and no I'm not arguing it with you.
What's this one saying? Now, run along and play with your dumb peeps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Survives A Ghastly Motor Accident As His Car Crashes Into A Bush (Photos) / Images From My Brief Visit To The LA Zoo / Two Killed In Multiple Accident Along Ikorodu Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.