Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,420 members, 7,812,236 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. (79205 Views)

Japa: I Need Assistance On My Planned Relocation To Denmark / JAPA: I Used To Enjoy A Comfortable Life Back Home - Man Laments In UK (video) / JAPA: I Want To Leave Nigeria To New Zealand Or UK (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Kobicove(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2023
Berrityga:
Even if you no wan live there just go knack your wife come back e get y!!

grin

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by maasoap(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2023
saasala:

Nigerians are too money conscious. Everything is money. They only want to travel for money.

Many young men who travelled abroad will send money home to build a house so that when they clock 50 they can come back home to their father's land to relax. Na that 50 gangan wey guys dey come back you won go.

Wish you the best of luck sha

Thanks you. See they're ready to tear him apart for weighing his options! One even told him that he doesn't have any other option, another one called him a simp. Everything is about MORE MONEY for many Nigerians!
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by KIDfurniture(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2023
This man post no clear ja re. I can only offer you prayers. Good luck..

Usefulsense:
This is my story. Please advice.

I sent my wife to Australia in 2021 on student visa.

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by becky39000(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2023
Offpointng:

Adding to your skills also, Learn how to kill snakes in Nigeria, starting from, Boas to Pythons, Vipers and the likes It'd be an essential skill when you get to Australia

Like this like this, I don make like $250 alone killing snakes for my neighbours. I not only have free money from this skill, I also have free meat for the whole of September. Thank allah for my blasting freezer

You are a once in a lifetime dunce for opening your mouth to spew this trash u just wrote angry
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Entanglement: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

Which advise do you need when everything is good for you, your wife is ok, children is ok, wife wanted to bring you to Australia to better your life instead of staying in Nigeria and be looking at one useless old man as president angry

If you no carry your big head leave this country with immediate effect heh! Na that time I go know say village people don do heavy investment ontop your head

One more advise! If you see any insects, kill with immediate effect! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Mayeldah(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

I earn a little less than, N1.1m monthly net.
I am a qualified accountant.

But you see, working for a private company in Nigeria, not easy bro.

You are well of here bro with that monthly earning

sending your wife abroad is the trap you just set for yourself, now you are confused whether to japa or stay?

if you were earning less than N400k here I would have advised you join her ASAP, anyway I wish you good luck with your decisions

6 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by maasoap(m): 11:51am On Sep 02, 2023
Wodu89:

The cage abroad are self induced and personality lifestyles. Please.
My comment was based on what we read about them all the time based on what they experience on daily basis. Money might be there, but their cage is also well built.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Smartguyboy(m): 11:51am On Sep 02, 2023
gaby:
This is an opportunity to go get your life properly sorted and to secure your children's future.

Grab it like BAT would say and run away with it my friend.

Are you seriously asking this question considering the Nigeria that is starting you in the face?

My only advice for you will be to work on yourself as per our culture of "I am the head of the house in the African way" and you are good to go.

This is a lifetime opportunity on a platter, bro.

Run with it.
You people keep saying for the kid’s future how many African parents can send they kids to best schools or nice university abroad?

4 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by maasoap(m): 11:52am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

https://www.nairaland.com/7825615/nigerian-man-asked-leave-uk
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by occfx: 11:52am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

To be honest with you, the plan is for the entire family to migrate.

In fact, i did my ielts last year and made 7,7, 7.5, 7

As soon as our visa grant came out, I started developing cold feet on account of age.

She has advised that I go and learn forklift driving.
I will commence that this month.

Bro go to Australia... Tinubu don't have any plan for you. I know you are missing Nigerian food and the abundance of big nyash but family is important. Find a way to go and come back if you will Nigeria too much
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Bankowner: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2023
You're worried on account of age. Hmmmm.
In the western world, as long as you say you can work, no employer will discriminate against you on account of age. I have a white man who's 69 and close to retirement still working as a janitor on my shift. Your wife has told you what to do, forklift driving is a highly marketable skill overseas and it will do you good to pay peanuts to learn it in Nigeria and get certified before you leave. You don't know what you have. An open work permit and a skill to get you a job immediately you arrive is the best thing that can happen to you.

I hope you make up your mind soon.
Usefulsense:

As soon as our visa grant came out, I started developing cold feet on account of age.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Benwems(m): 11:54am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

If you trust you wife as a good woman which is supportive, understanding and submissive. Kindly go.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by finallybusy: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2023
Men as old as fifty-five japa with their complete gray hairs. I was shocked to hear it. At your age, you surely had a job in Nigeria. You can easily find work overseas. At worst, you’d do small menial labour until you land a corporate role. I don’t know why the thought of unskilled work scares Nigerians. Many in our country already do it because of layoffs.

Your wife has your best interest at heart. Not many men enjoy such opportunity especially when western world influence touches their women.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by henroo2003: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2023
An Australian that came down to Nigeria to marry my friend's younger brother also told him to learn forklift driving.
Usefulsense:

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Smartguyboy(m): 11:56am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

I believe you are living like a king 👑 in Nigeria do you think you can live like that over there ?

Will you be able to send your kids to best school over there because I believe with your salary here you can afford to send your kids to best school in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Philomath1212: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

I don't want to write a long epistle here...
But I beg you in the name of whatever you believe in, please go.
And I say again, please go.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by President2001(m): 11:58am On Sep 02, 2023
Married your family and forget your wife and children
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by MrDoGood(m): 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Apply for leave and travel. See how it is over there( it will surely be better than Nigeria)

Then send in your resignation letter and adapt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by olancho: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
At 48 you are young and can change profession. Your wife is right abroad is for 2. Things are okay over there that you don’t need to stress yourself so much. Some people at there 60s are still trying to travel out.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Flier: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
While i was abroad working almost 19hrs a day,i told my friend that i wasnt going to continue,i am going to Nigeria to start business and i am going to make it.Here i am today,i have close to 60 employee and worth several millions whereas majority of my friends abroad does not have peace living pay check by pay check
The question now is who is going to tell this people that you do not have to travel abroad if you are earning close to 1 million naira per month?
They give you sense of belonging abroad i mean they make you think you are rich but the fact is you will have no peace of mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by famology(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

U nor just get sense at all. Mtcheeeew
U dey find advice for nairaland. Really?
Who placed age constraint on you? Australia government or your village people? Abeg gerrat joor
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by oglalasioux(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bros you know your answer. You just want to announce you’ve finally escaped the hell hole called Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by onatisi(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
please don't mind anyone telling you to travel ooo, stay in Nigeria, keep hustling, let your wife and kids enjoy and live in australia, you are a man and men are supposed to stay in hard places. you re even too old to travel. please stay in nigeria, so that we can celebrate ur birthday together with Tinubu and wike. Australia is even a very very bad place for a man of 48years old to go , very boring place , nigeria is better than australia . believe me

Usefulsense:

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by talk2rotman(m): 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
Offpointng:

Adding to your skills also, Learn how to kill snakes in Nigeria, starting from, Boas to Pythons, Vipers and the likes It'd be an essential skill when you get to Australia

Like this like this, I don make like $250 alone killing snakes for my neighbours. I not only have free money from this skill, I also have free meat for the whole of September. Thank allah for my blasting freezer

Wait are u for real or just for comic relief? Say I sabi kill snake I go dey collect money ontop? 💰 omoh naija dey God's hand o
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by famology(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
oglalasioux:
Bros you know your answer. You just want to announce you’ve finally escaped the hell hole called Nigeria.

The guy na mugu
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by NOwazobia: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
wisdomkid:

Serious? I thought they have animal preservative rights there? Like you call those animal serving groups we watch online?
Hope you saw his monicker.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by vince96w2(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

better go..It's not too late to learn a new skill, profession or improve on the one u are in...
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Ilaje44(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

I usually read news and do no longer comment much on Nairaland topics. However, I felt the need to air my opinion on your topic.
Firstly, let me tell you that life is very tough every where since Covid and even tougher with the ongoing Ukrainian crisis.
Secondly, you being the "bread winner / boss" of the family and the idea of losing this honourable part of your life is very understandable. However, you should be able to adjust if you are able to reach a compromise. By the way, even in the abroad, you should be able to set up your own enterprise if you put your mind into it.
Thirdly, I can assure you that 48 is still a young age to relocate. I have seen people older than you relocating and starting completely afresh. Some successful and some not so much. However, you should count yourself lucky that you're not starting from the beginning without some foundation since your madam is already gainfully employed. Nonetheless, I will not want to paint everything as rosy whereby in reality you will face some difficulties i.e. missing friends and family back home in Nigeria, not finding a befitting job, being home and doing nothing etc. This can be very depressing for a human. Now, the saving grace is that OZ is not as cold as up above in Europe here or in CANUSA.
Fourthly, believe everything will be good and work towards same. Start working on your CeeVee. It is well with you my brother.
Wish you all the best.
NB: The journey to OZ is going to be long, take something to occupy the children and yourself with you like books etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by NoToPile: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
You do have a valid reason to be confused.

But I am not a fan of families living continents apart, it's not healthy.

God help you sir.

And finally a very sane Japa thread with fair comments.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by deewhydoski(m): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Where do you want to learn the forklint
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by JuanDeDios: 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
Offpointng:

Best advice so far. They'll be calling you kill them spiders too.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by LOVEGINO(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa. U no get problem. U go explain tire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.