Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns (35788 Views)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / Farewell Sex (With Ex) Is Foolishness Taking Too Far / Wife Carries And Kisses Her Husband In Wedding Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Merry100: 12:17am On Sep 07, 2023
Instead of them to be praying for more success and blessings, desperation is not good o. Very soon, people will start asking them to manage any male as husband.

All this demonstration is not even necessary; husbands will not fall from the sky. Even irreligious ladies are getting married. In fact, this is extreme, unless they are actually praying that God should not allow them to fall victim to the wrong guy. Many of them do not have a spiritual problem; their problem is that they do not socialize. Some of these ladies might even be very decent; they may just be too religious and rigid. Some ladies will just stay indoors expecting God to send them a husband miraculously, while some other ladies, including indecent ones, are attending different occasions and mingling with various people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by emmaodet: 12:31am On Sep 07, 2023
pansophist:

I've been thinking about why many women squander their prime and chase good men off, and I think I have a valid explanation for that.

You see, women start life first at easymode, then it gets harder if she misses her chances. Since women begin to bloom like a flower from their teens, it's typical for her to assume life is like that, after all, she has no experience that negates her reality.

With all the multitudes of toasters at her call, media worship, men ignoring her bad attitudes just to have their way with her, this is a perfect recipe for a sad future if she has no guidance or refuses to be guided.

Since men will overlook the bad behavior of a fine girl, she won't notice how bad she had rotten, because her beauty is still covering for her. But as she grows older and does not bloom like before, the softhand from society decreases, and she is left to deal with her mess.

Of course she won't notice her decline in attraction, in her head, she is still as hot as she thought she was years ago, but men are the one to decide that, and men are not seeing her the way she sees herself.

If her character was good, it may be her saving grace, but since society has ignored her behavior because she is fine, being rude is a norm to her, and correcting her may seem like an attack.

In fact right now, pointing out bad female behavior is seen as misogyny. That you hate women. But it's not so. Men don't have the privilege to live in delusion, since society is not soft on us.

There was this American feminist called Norah Vincent. She genuinely believed that men have an easier life than women, and wanted to find out for herself.

Then she went to a doctor who camouflaged her to look like a man, so she can live and experience life as a man. She quitted after a year and a half, even though she is supposed to carry the experiment for a longer period.

Norah talked about how bad women treated her when they thought she was a man, how no one give a shit about men, and how her problems and persons felt so invincible to the society at large.

The lack of seeing men as human, and being inhumane. That experience changed her completely, that she committed suicide later. She wrote a book titled "Self Made man", and it's on Amazon, you can buy it and read about her experiences.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norah_Vincent

I have never seen any feminist talked about her to correct their views that men's lives are very difficult, or correct their stance of always claiming victims. But anyways, what I am pointing at in this story is that lots of women have very bad attitudes and they don't know.

The way they treat men, which makes it harder to settle down with one later, or seeing most men as not worthy enough. A legitly broke factory worker girl doesn't even see his fellow factory worker guy as good enough for her.

Many come to this realization of how bad they let themselves rot, when they use up their youthfulness and life is not as soft as before, but many will never admit that they are their own "village people", because of their ego.

But one thing about life is that, it doesn't care if you're soft on yourself, or live in delusion, or think you deserve Dangote. It's as you lay your mat, you'll lie on it.

Pride always goes before a fall.

Panso thanks for the lengthy explanation.

I fully grab your points but unfortunately, I don't think we can stop this bad trend.
May God help us all

1 Like

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Gerrard59(m): 4:53am On Sep 07, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmmm

I really fear for the future bro.
Also your reasons for not criticizing married men with concubines is true. Reason why I don't even reply those throwing jabs at married men with concubines.
If he easy, go do am now. I mean, if not for having concubines, what exactly is the incentive for been a man? Please just tell me because I don't see.
It is a life filled with hardship, struggling, lonely and boring because you don't have resources for dating and most women won't even look at your side including the so called wife, no one will give you gifts on your birthday unless you have struggled to be a man to be recognized, no one will invite you to occasions or events or parties because you are struggling, all your life you are worried with bills and more bills to tell me what are the incentives of been a man?
Of none, then I will rather be a woman. Who no like better thing.
Who come this world just to come surfer?

Even when they say it is a man's world, it is strictly for men with money o. There is really no benefit. Even the children sef, majority will align to the mothers forgetting that their fathers toiled to pay school fees. Na why my japa is strictly for myself, not anything children's future. If I ever have one, they will take it from there.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by creativehubb: 5:12am On Sep 07, 2023
Give them practical steps to wining a man. Be humble, be respectful, don't expect a billionaire when you or your father is not one, be homely etc...all these pastor na scammers.
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by creativehubb: 5:14am On Sep 07, 2023
LikeAking:
Single idiots…
Na money dem dey find not man.

1 Like

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Karleb(m): 5:31am On Sep 07, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmmm

I really fear for the future bro.
Also your reasons for not criticizing married men with concubines is true. Reason why I don't even reply those throwing jabs at married men with concubines.
If he easy, go do am now. I mean, if not for having concubines, what exactly is the incentive for been a man? Please just tell me because I don't see.
It is a life filled with hardship, struggling, lonely and boring because you don't have resources for dating and most women won't even look at your side including the so called wife, no one will give you gifts on your birthday unless you have struggled to be a man to be recognized, no one will invite you to occasions or events or parties because you are struggling, all your life you are worried with bills and more bills to tell me what are the incentives of been a man?
Of none, then I will rather be a woman. Who no like better thing.
Who come this world just to come surfer?

This is true especially about that birthday thing.

If you are a man and you are ordinary, your birthday will be ordinary. Even the wishes will be bland while a lesser ordinary, lesser known and lesser prettier woman gets genuine and well written wishes and gifts.

Man life hard true true because while you are honing your skills another man with 30 years of experience is flooring you and everyone, no one even remembers you are just starting out. All they'll say is, someone better is out there.

God forgive me but I find a joy in it when the privileges women are used to are no more there for one reason or the other. grin

Like, welcome to reality bii...iitch! grin

Again, God forgive me. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by emmaodet: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

Even when they say it is a man's world, it is strictly for men with money o. There is really no benefit. Even the children sef, majority will align to the mothers forgetting that their fathers toiled to pay school fees. Na why my japa is strictly for myself, not anything children's future. If I ever have one, they will take it from there.

Hmmmm
Ofcourse. Any plan should be for personal reason and not for kids or wife.
When the kids grow, they will sort themselves out too.
The more you try to give your kids a good life and not want to make them suffer, the higher the chances of them becoming more useless sef.
Let them hustle too. It teaches them important life lessons money cannot buy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by emmaodet: 6:24am On Sep 07, 2023
Evolutionlove:
I have said it many times that the REALITY that will HIT most of these Nigerian Young Ladies, Most especially GenZ, Same thing applies to all these Yahoo, Fraudsters with Leggings Jeans and Lexus in the nearest FUTURE. They won't be able to Handle it.

The Psychiatric Centers will be filled with too many Patients. Suicide Rates will be High.

Nigeria has no Future, No plans for anybody or anything, You are solely Responsible for your own Life as an Individual.

Even me from the Millennia Generation. When the REALITY hit me Some Years ago. I couldn't believe it. I am extremely strong Physically & Spiritually, Hence i was able to Scale through.

Hmmmmmm

You are very correct.
This generation will record and extremely high numbers of psychiatric patients because many are depressed and suicidal.
It is the side effect of breakdown in family unit.
Humans work best in groups and fail most when we work as individuals which capitalism encourages.
Life is hard but with family, the village, the community, the church by your side, they give you that emotional and psychological support needed when you are down and at your lowest low to not give up and strive to keep pushing because even though today is bitter, joy cometh in the morning.
But all these institutions are failing us. The church doesn't care about you if you are poor and not donating big cash, the community only hails the rich donating to the chiefs and kings, family won't regard you if you are poor.
So people are pushed to the limit where the just give up and snap....suicide or insanity.
Nobody cares what you are passing through as a poor man.
Nobody cares if you don't have a woman to stabilize you emotionally. As a matter of fact, they even mock you more.
Lazy man. You better go and make money etc

6 Likes

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmm

You are very correct.
This generation will record and extremely high numbers of psychiatric patients because many are depressed and suicidal.
It is the side effect of breakdown in family unit.
Humans work best in groups and fail most when we work as individuals which capitalism encourages.
Life is hard but with family, the village, the community, the church by your side, they give you that emotional and psychological support needed when you are down and at your lowest low to not give up and strive to keep pushing because even though today is bitter, joy cometh in the morning.
But all these institutions are failing us. The church doesn't care about you if you are poor and not donating big cash, the community only hails the rich donating to the chiefs and kings, family won't regard you if you are poor.
So people are pushed to the limit where the just give up and snap....suicide or insanity.
Nobody cares what you are passing through as a poor man.
Nobody cares if you don't have a woman to stabilize you emotionally. As a matter of fact, they even mock you more.
Lazy man. You better go and make money etc
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by emmaodet: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2023
Karleb:

God forgive me but I find a joy in it when the privileges women are used to are no more there for one reason or the other. grin

grin cheesy
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Maxxim: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2023
Karleb:

This is true especially about that birthday thing.

If you are a man and you are ordinary, your birthday will be ordinary. Even the wishes will be bland while a lesser ordinary, lesser known and lesser prettier woman gets genuine and well written wishes and gifts.

Man life hard true true because while you are honing your skills another man with 30 years of experience is flooring you and everyone, no one even remembers you are just starting out. All they'll say is, someone better is out there.

😁😁😁
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Raalsalghul: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
Another option they should consider is staying single, with or without a child.
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Anny69: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
Luckysbab:

Not even prospects.

Reflecting on that now, even I find it weird.
Sigh. cry
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by bjtinz: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
You really can't blame them. Truth is, society is far harsher on single women than men, and they are really under a lot of pressure.

Am not yet married but feel no pressure whatsoever, even though my colleagues always make it topic of discussion. I just laugh it off.

However the single ladies in my organization (yes there are a number of them), are far more sensitive to such topics, so we are usually careful.
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by Luckysbab: 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Anny69:
Sigh. cry

cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by ArcToyin(m): 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
okoroemeka:
the world is quickly evolving and changing,it is better for women to adapt to the change instead of wasting their time and money praying,marriage nowadays is not seen as a must by this generation and the sooner the females realize this the better,a want approaching menopause without a child of her own is a stupid fool

Having a child is not ultimate achievement. Peace of mind supersede having children.
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by okeganiyu(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2023
omooba969:

Why must it be a Muslim lady?
yes
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by okeganiyu(m): 9:24am On Sep 30, 2023
uuzba:

Can you pay house rent now and school fees for future children?
yes
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by okoroemeka(m): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2023
Ejioforrr:
A video of some single ladies praying for husbands, dressed in white wedding gowns has caused quite a stir online.

https://ikejabird.com/desperation-is-real-single-ladies-praying-for-husbands-in-wedding-gowns-spark-mixed-reactions/
the world is evolving and the stark sad reality facing us is the fact that not all women are going to get married,ithey are still in a state of denial but it is sinking in,for reasons I cannot fathom many eligible men are not interested in getting married,women has to accept the hard reality and try to give birth to one or two children before menopause as insurance policy,a lady that is 40yrs and still wearing wedding gown and praying for husband is in a fantasy world,she better select a good gene to give her Belle before it is too late
Re: How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns by uuzba(m): 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2023
okeganiyu:
yes
All the best.
So far you will not suffer her life. Because suffering is what Nigerian ladies hate the most.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Vs Churchill: Can You Marry A 45 Seconds Guy? / My Sister Is A Lesbian, I Need Help To Cure Her / Guys: Work Hard And Be Comfortable Before Having A Serious Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.