Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' (31853 Views)

Leo Messi’s World Cup Victory Post Is Now The Most-liked Instagram post / Deep Life Lesson From Messi's World Cup Win / Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by garfield1: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2023
fergie001:
I choose not to talk, if I talk I am in big trouble.

Obembet & Almiron, their fight no fit end.

I Stand With Obembet grin

Messi is the 2nd greatest after Pele.oshiomhole won yesterday,sadly alimikhena is bereaved
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Uchesis: 11:13am On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Coca cola , the company that made fifa rich also made sure Messi won it because of what Ronaldo did to them in 2020 Euros... that stuff made them loose 4 billion dollars in share price ...

People really think football is just watch and celebrate....most games are fixed
It was the same coca cola that told Kolo Moani to miss that last second one-on-one with Emi Martinez that would have won the trophy for France abi.
Continue to live in pains bro
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by mablie(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2023
Kolo Muani (a player feared for being deadly with one on ones) received his reward for his "miss" by getting a big money transfer to psg (a club owned by the state of Qatar).I love sports cool

4 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Beverlyjean(f): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2023
Uchesis:

It was the same coca cola that told Kolo Moani to miss that last second one-on-one with Emi Martinez that would have won the trophy for France abi.
Continue to live in pains bro
grin

Do u understand that match fixing don't always work... match fixing don't mean that it's a certainty.... in 2010 , they fixed barca vd inter but it dint work

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Inobeyourmate: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

U are naive.... go and watch what happened in 54 world cup ...how they fixed it for West Germany...also watch 78 world cup , how it was fixed for Argentina and also France 98 ... what u fail to understand is that sometimes its works and sometimes it doesn't... its more that what ur eyes sees ...if u are really good ar watching football, u will know when a game is fixed as its going on... after watching Argentinas games b4 the final ... I placed a bet of 200k that Argentina will get a penalty in the final .... I knew they had fixed it for Argentina.... the French team falling ill in the final...De Lima convulsions in the morning of the final in 98, Germany in 54 given drugs to boost their game play after halftime in 54 when they were 3.1 down against Hungary.... 78 , when the dictator of Argentina had cut a deal with UN and fifa to boost Argentina ... If fifa decides that they want Africa to win the WC , Africa will win it
Were gidi nie, were wey suppose dey inside market dey wear rag sef, imagine, were dey talk about 54 76 and 98 world cup, why mist of una go just dey reason like oloriburuku like this sef 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Uchesis: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Do u understand that match fixing don't always work... match fixing don't mean that it's a certainty.... in 2010 , they fixed barca vd inter but it dint work
Why are you speaking from both sides of your mouth?
Netherlands vs Argentina went into penalties and Van Gaal lost.
Did Fifa tell Van Gaal to tell his boys to miss their penalties?
Haba !!!

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by mablie(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2023
LZAA:

Oya lemme try and explain
In 2002 South korea beat italy in extra time after a lot of horrible decisions by the referee
Those decisions were overlooked until they did the same thing to spain in the quarterfinals
Guess how south Korea won?
On Penalties

After that match the European press were outraged and all started supporting Germany
Hope you get the gist
In that same match,South Korea scored a goal that was not supposed to stand because the ball had crossed the boundary line but it stood.Do you remember what happened in the U-20 men's final the Netherlands in 2005?Hee...hee...hee

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

U know the truth...but u have decided not to believe the truth... football is a contact sport, so if the refs wanna award soft penalties, it's easy ... barca vs Chelsea 2009,was fixed ... and it worked , imagine if iniesta ballooned that last chance... 2010 was also fixed for barca against inter ...but it dint work ...

U of all people can't say u don't know how match fixing works ... Fifa has been in existence for a century...it’s not a new thing to them ...
I can agree that the Chelsea game was fixed. Like I said earlier, Ronaldo and Madrid also enjoyed favourable officiating in UCL just like Barca and other teams in their local league.

Meanwhile, how was 2010 fixed for Barca?

Was there any controversy prior to the inter game?

If 2010 was fixed, honestly Barca would have been awarded penalties.

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by LZAA: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2023
mablie:
In that same match,South Korea scored a goal that was not supposed to stand because the ball had crossed the boundary line but it stood.Do you remember what happened in the U-20 men's final the Netherlands in 2005?Hee...hee...hee
We agree to disagree 👍
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Chukwunonso1: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2023
Judolisco:
Una go explain tire.... Messi is good he almost won it in 2014...he lost a lot of finals and d boy said nothing when he was losing there was no deliberate attempt for him not to win, now boy won 2 finals consecutively una dey explain... Eyin werey

I don't think there's any player who has lost finals like Messi, he almost retired (infact he did) seems he felt he was doomed not to win any finals with his national team

Now he just won only 2, they are screaming rigging. So he should continue loosing finals abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by teebagy: 11:37am On Sep 05, 2023
Almunjid:
I don't have anything against Messi Ooo, but I think if Ronaldo is getting half of the support and love Messi is getting from the ogas at the top, he will be much better than he is today. If you're in the West and u don't support LGBTQ they'll frustrate u and make sure they bring u down, the forces behind this community are strong and influential. I'm not saying that his lack of support for LGBTQ is the only reason why some unknown forces ganged up against him, he also had issues with Coca-Cola, politics may also be involved as well. So, making Messi their champion seems to be the perfect move for them. Despite little to no support Ronaldo got he was able to make it to this position. I think he's the real GOAT.
y didn't FIFA help him in the 2014 world cup and d back to back finals he lost with Argentina. Or was d loss also rigged. If Ronaldo wasn't getting support y is he day any team he enters. H3e is always getting penalties. Do u know that since he left juve , Juventus hardly get penalties m if Messi gallon d or rapped s rigged so is Ronaldo b coz they are both awarded by a corrupt body. Y didn't FIFA helpbmeessi to win the championship league. People love Messi bcoz he is able and Ronaldo. Despite been good is arrogant an evidence when he blasted man it's in piers Morgan interview y Messi said nothing when psg insulted him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by MisfitHPG: 11:37am On Sep 05, 2023
obembet:
Former Netherlands Head Coach Louis Van Gaal has made some damaging allegations about the 2022 FIFA World Cup that was staged in Qatar.

Lionel Messi led Argentina to their first-ever World Cup since 1986, beating the defending champions France in an energy-sapping final at the Lusail Stadium on December 18.

It was a sweet turnaround for Messi, who managed to go all the way despite watching his side go 2-1 down to minnows Saudi Arabia in their first group game. They then beat Mexico and Poland to make it through to the knockout stages.

The Albiceleste saw off Australia in the round of 16, beat Van Gaal's Netherlands in the quarterfinals and thrashed 2018 finalists Croatia in the last four.

Van Gaal has, however, now claimed that the games were premeditated and lined up for Messi to complete a fairy football football.

"I don't really want to say much about it. When you see how Argentina gets the goals and how we get the goals and how some Argentina players overstepped the mark and were not punished, then I think it was all a premeditated game," said Van Gaal, as quoted by Dutch publication

Save for the final, the Argentina vs. Netherlands game was one of the games of the tournament. Lionel Scaloni's side had raced to a 2-0 lead before Wout Weghorst came off the bench to score a quickfire brace and force the game to extra time and penalties.

Source: https://twitter.com/centregoals/status/1698823718242304162?t=Z3vYPcfrSahBIXh9g9OG_Q&s=19
I'm sure En-Nesyri was the part of the plot

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by teebagy: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2023
teebagy:
y didn't FIFA help him in the 2014 world cup and d back to back finals he lost with Argentina. Or was d loss also rigged. If Ronaldo wasn't getting support y is he dat any team he enters. He is always getting penalties. Do u know that since he left juve , Juventus hardly get penalties m if Messi ballon d or was rigged so is Ronaldo b coz they are both awarded by a corrupt body. Y didn't FIFA help messi to win the championship league. People love Messi bcoz he is humble and Ronaldo Despite been good is arrogant an evidence when he blasted man it's in piers Morgan interview y Messi said nothing when psg insulted him don't forget Ronaldo won Euros by been d best losers in d group stage ..
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Almunjid(m): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2023
teebagy:
y didn't FIFA help him in the 2014 world cup and d back to back finals he lost with Argentina. Or was d loss also rigged. If Ronaldo wasn't getting support y is he day any team he enters. H3e is always getting penalties. Do u know that since he left juve , Juventus hardly get penalties m if Messi gallon d or rapped s rigged so is Ronaldo b coz they are both awarded by a corrupt body. Y didn't FIFA helpbmeessi to win the championship league. People love Messi bcoz he is able and Ronaldo. Despite been good is arrogant an evidence when he blasted man it's in piers Morgan interview y Messi said nothing when psg insulted him.
This is ur opinion and that was my opinion.
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Ed12(m): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2023
MESSI IS THE G.O.A.T REGARDLESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by mayor1814: 11:49am On Sep 05, 2023
I used to wonder how on earth Tapnaldo fans always reason this way, cooking up cock and bull stories, unconfirmed rumours, baseless conspiracy theories etc then later I realized it's the pain, the hard pain they experienced on the The 18th of December, 2022. AND THEY SHOULD GET READY FOR MORE PAINS AND HEARTBREAK WHEN MESSI IS CROWNED WORLD BEST PLAYER (BALLON D'OR) FOR A RECORD 8TH TIME.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Beverlyjean(f): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2023
OJEEMAH:
I can agree that the Chelsea game was fixed. Like I said earlier, Ronaldo and Madrid also enjoyed favourable officiating in UCL just like Barca and other teams in their local league.

Meanwhile, how was 2010 fixed for Barca?

Was there any controversy prior to the inter game?

If 2010 was fixed, honestly Barca would have been awarded penalties.

Mourinho was smart because of previous encounters ...don't forget they were given a dubious red card ...it happened again in 2011 against madrid and it worked .. happened again in 2012 against Chelsea but it dint work , messi missed the penalty that would have sent them to final .. Messi has really really been favored

I used to be a Messi fan , but I stopped when I started seeing the favoritism and that was y I switched

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by teebagy: 11:50am On Sep 05, 2023
FireUpNow:
I dey suspect Messi and FIFA since that Wesley Schneider performance where Messi was given the FIFA player of the year and that Champions league game between Barca and Chelsea where almighty ref Ovrebo did the unimaginable
bit u don't suspect when Ronaldo won ballon d or instead of Ribery and scored two offside against bayern. And scored an undeserved penalties against Juventus. always learn to state d obvious day both were favoured .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Beverlyjean(f): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2023
Uchesis:

Why are you speaking from both sides of your mouth?
Netherlands vs Argentina went into penalties and Van Gaal lost.
Did Fifa tell Van Gaal to tell his boys to miss their penalties?
Haba !!!

I just mentioned that match fixing dontbalways work... its not a guarantee... messis penalty in regular time was dubious ....2 Argentine players were meant to be sent off but the ref looked left ...

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by 43Ronin: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2023
this is nothing but the truth. In fact i was so sure that FIFA would rig the world cup for Argentina that i staked that Argentina would carry the world cup even before it began-it was 4 odd. And it paid me. The match against Saudi Arabia was an eye opener that Argentina did notnhave what it takes to win the WC. There were lots of unnecessary penalties for Argentina. I am a Messi fan, but football comes first and will outlive players.

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by putin2: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2023
I thought na Nigeria dey think like that, imagine a coach dey talk like a village man, the lost still dey pain him. Sorry bro I have no words for you.
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by teebagy: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

France was awarded a penalty because fifa had seen that it was too obvious.... messis 2nd goal was not meant to stand cos Argentine players that were on the bench , stepped on the field when Messi scored , that goal was meant to be cancelled and France complained but the ref dint listen and awarded it... seems like they sent him a signal to correct that mistake so that it will not be too obvious... its not a guarantee that match fixing will work just like rigging in elections ...but its certain that Fifa did all they could for Argentina to win it
going by logic when mbape scored a penalty in extra time d French players did d same but u won't mention it. Do u know d second France penalty a French player did d hand ball first before an Argentine did it but ur inner bias failed to mention it.

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Chukwunonso1: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

U really don't understand how its works... when a team is rigged to win a tournament, it doesn't always work...it does sometimes... that's why match fixing is a very big trade ... sponsors usually mark out their favourites... they start first by using the media to sell it so that subconsciously , we find ways to accept it easily when it happens ... then they will also find ways to make sure that tournament favourites font go far ... Morocco were pushed to the semis , but France stopped them...of u watch morocco's games , they were super aggressive and were not given cards to calm them ...that's part of how match fixing works ... reason they beat big teams .... 2hen a team is super aggressive and they are not cautioned, they most likely will win games ... cos it will affect the opposing teams psych ... the penalty that was cancelled against arsenal at the weekend , if they wanted to give it to arsenal, they still would have done that , that was how Argentina kept on getting soft dubious penalties at the WC ... when opposing teams watch previous games and see how a particular team are being favored for penalties, they find it difficult to defend well cos any little thing , they will give a penalty against them ... portugal vs Morocco, an Argentine ref was totally wrong, cos his country was still in the tournament and knowing the rivalry between portugal and Argentina, fifa knew what they did ... South Korea getting to the semis in 2002 was also fixed ... if fifa wants Nigeria to get to semis in 2026 , it will happen ...

I'm a Messi fan. But this your write up makes sense.
It's means for a fixing to work, if true, the team must also be very good. Portugal can't be fix to win the world cup for a reason......but how about giving someone hattric (2 penalties) against the person u are fixing the match for?

How about adding rediculious extra time to favor the opponent of the person u are trying to rig for. You have to reason these questions without sentiments too u know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by fergie001: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
garfield1:

Messi is the 2nd greatest after Pele. oshiomhole won yesterday,sadly alimikhena is bereaved
To you, not to me. grin
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by antibullshit: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
I agree 100 percent ! Argentina was given a soft landing because of Messi. I"ve never seen such a fuss over one player . It was very unfair and disrespectful to his team mates because it was made to look as if nobody else played except Messi . Football is a team sport and its not possible for Messi to have played and won by himself !

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by teebagy: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Almunjid:

This is ur opinion and that was my opinion.
u can't debate d fact . Give me instance when Messi was favoured I do d same to Ronaldo .
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by EBEk101(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
All this Ronaldo people no want let Messi rest grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Allmiron: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Inobeyourmate:
Were gidi nie, were wey suppose dey inside market dey wear rag sef, imagine, were dey talk about 54 76 and 98 world cup, why mist of una go just dey reason like oloriburuku like this sef 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
that user na oloriburuku , you never noticed am since, na person wey get time dey engage that hungry teenager
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Mourinho was smart because of previous encounters ...don't forget they were given a dubious red card ...it happened again in 2011 against madrid and it worked .. happened again in 2012 against Chelsea but it dint work , messi missed the penalty that would have sent them to final .. Messi has really really been favored

I used to be a Messi fan , but I stopped when I started seeing the favoritism and that was y I switched
In 2011 UCL against Barcelona, Mourinho made a huge mistake. He should never have played Pepe as DM to stop Messi. You and I know Pepe isn’t a smart player. Maybe he thought, Pepe could handle Messi like Thiago Motta did in 2010 but he got it all wrong. Motta did not even mark Messi. He just didn’t give Messi enough space to play. He was always covering and Messi would end up passing the pass and that was exactly what Chelsea did to him in 2009 & 2011. If you get too close to Messi, he will disgrace you like he did to Evra in 2008 and Boateng in 2015.

Madrid was not good enough to stop Barcelona at the time.

Mourinho deployed a defensive formation to knock barca out in 2010. He should never have attacked Barca in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Chukwunonso1: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
Almunjid:

In ur opinion. But Ronaldo is better iny opinion.

It's beyond our opinion sir. It's evidence and facts

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Peacecore: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
obembet:

Everyone knew that it was rigged.

I was not surprised when inec declared asiwaju bola Tinubu as president.

Cos its easier for Tinubu to win presidential election than Messi to win world cup
As e dey pain u e dey sweet us. shey pendu get IG fans pass Messi? why e no fit use him influence on FIFA? na FIFA also talk say make Morocco comot pendu bah angry
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Allmiron: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
43Ronin:
this is nothing but the truth. In fact i was so sure that FIFA would rig the world cup for Argentina that i staked that Argentina would carry the world cup even before it began-it was 4 odd. And it paid me. The match against Saudi Arabia was an eye opener that Argentina did notnhave what it takes to win the WC. There were lots of unnecessary penalties for Argentina. I am a Messi fan, but football comes first and will outlive players.
You’re a penadog not a Messi fan, and FIFA paid egoistic Mbappe and the French team to lose the finals too. How old you, use your heads before you type next time. 😂😂😂😂ONKR

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Police Kill gunman Who Shot 2 Swedish Fans In Brussels / Croatia Hold Training Session Ahead Of World Cup Clash With Nigeria. Photos / Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.