Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,154 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' (31852 Views)

Leo Messi’s World Cup Victory Post Is Now The Most-liked Instagram post / Deep Life Lesson From Messi's World Cup Win / Netherlands Appoint Former Manchester United Boss Louis Van Gaal As Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by naijapikin2(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2023
Exactly.. we know messi has been spoon fed with awards all his career.
Please tell that idiotic Chidolalar. A messi slave at that.

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Almunjid(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2023
assholemods:

Children full this Nairaland.
Wetin u our ancestor dey do for here?
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2023
hush15:

I couldn't agree less. QATAR was staged just for Messi.

Nigga may have talents but favoritism came to play.
They lost their first game against Saudi

Quarter game against Netherlands, 7mins additional time was added. Netherlands equalized, dragged the game to extra time and lost In penalty shoot out

France got to penalties in the final. Muani missed last minute kick that could have won them the game.

France eventually lost in the shoot out

And you still think Argentina was favored?

5 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by cliqtips: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2023
obembet:

Everyone knew that it was rigged.

I was not surprised when inec declared asiwaju bola Tinubu as president.

Cos its easier for Tinubu to win presidential election than Messi to win world cup

Did Messi collect anything from you?

Messi this, Messi that. Kiloshele

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Hpesoj: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2023
Almunjid:

Messi no dey argue with anybody, he go do anything u want even if it's against his values while Ronaldo will disagree and refused to be forced into doing what's not part of his moral values. Ronaldo also had issues with Coca-Cola, do u think the company would let it slide?

Give me an instance when he (Messi) supported LGBTQ+. JUST ONE. Not them say them say.

Meanwhile, what Ronaldo did with Coca-Cola was pure childish. I hope you'll be happy when you sponsor an event and the benefactor decides to remove your product just to prove a point.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2023
Archworld:

Losers and failures always have excuses for their failures. It was deliberate that Morroco should be beat Portugal. It was deliberate that 8minutes should be added to Netherland vs Argentina match just for Netherland to score goal . It was deliberate that Netherland should miss their penalty shoot out against Argentina. It was deliberate that Mgbappe should score two penalty against Argentina. It was also deliberate that at the final minutes of the France vs Argentina that the french team should miss one on one against Argentina keeper .

You guys are the most lame folks on earth. Does it mean that Cr7 fans are brainless? Do you lack the capacity to think? Why are Cr7 fans complaining? Did Argentina bribe Morroco to beat Portugal or did they bribe the Morroco goalkeeper?
I just tire for those guys.

4 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Beverlyjean(f): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2023
Love56743:

Rubbish post France was awarded to penalty, And France player missed one on one die minute of the final and you are capping rubbish, Enemy of progress too many for this life

France was awarded a penalty because fifa had seen that it was too obvious.... messis 2nd goal was not meant to stand cos Argentine players that were on the bench , stepped on the field when Messi scored , that goal was meant to be cancelled and France complained but the ref dint listen and awarded it... seems like they sent him a signal to correct that mistake so that it will not be too obvious... its not a guarantee that match fixing will work just like rigging in elections ...but its certain that Fifa did all they could for Argentina to win it

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by jaxxy(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2023
it was too obvious

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by assholemods: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2023
Almunjid:

Wetin u our ancestor dey do for here?
It is not about age but reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Michaelkelvin1(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2023
obembet:
Former Netherlands Head Coach Louis Van Gaal has made some damaging allegations about the 2022 FIFA World Cup that was staged in Qatar.

Lionel Messi led Argentina to their first-ever World Cup since 1986, beating the defending champions France in an energy-sapping final at the Lusail Stadium on December 18.

It was a sweet turnaround for Messi, who managed to go all the way despite watching his side go 2-1 down to minnows Saudi Arabia in their first group game. They then beat Mexico and Poland to make it through to the knockout stages.

The Albiceleste saw off Australia in the round of 16, beat Van Gaal's Netherlands in the quarterfinals and thrashed 2018 finalists Croatia in the last four.

Van Gaal has, however, now claimed that the games were premeditated and lined up for Messi to complete a fairy football football.

"I don't really want to say much about it. When you see how Argentina gets the goals and how we get the goals and how some Argentina players overstepped the mark and were not punished, then I think it was all a premeditated game," said Van Gaal, as quoted by Dutch publication

Save for the final, the Argentina vs. Netherlands game was one of the games of the tournament. Lionel Scaloni's side had raced to a 2-0 lead before Wout Weghorst came off the bench to score a quickfire brace and force the game to extra time and penalties.

Source: https://twitter.com/centregoals/status/1698823718242304162?t=Z3vYPcfrSahBIXh9g9OG_Q&s=19
I totally agree 😁

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by tesppidd: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2023
cutecommend:
When Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia at the beginning.

So when Argentina was scoring goals, the other teams assisted them to rig?

France players helped Messi rig penalty to win world cup?

Even with France scoring two penalty goals in the final and Emi Martinez making that dying second reflexive save, the final was rigged
grin

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:37am On Sep 05, 2023
Hpesoj:

You're biased against Almiron. cheesy You should have been neutral instead of supporting Obembet
all of them na Ronaldo fans

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by LZAA: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Shior !

The man is just pained Messi reminded him of his failure at Barca when he was a coach there and talked down on Riquleme(Who happens to be Messi's idol while growing up)

The Messi celebration when he scored against Van Gaal's team 20 years after was in tribute to Riquelme and it really pained the orange man grin
Van gaal failed at Barca?
Wow
Two league titles is failure?
Amazing
Oh and btw van gaal is right and riquelme is NOT Messi's idol
Good God!!
All these kids who started watching football in the mid 2000s are hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by assholemods: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

France was awarded a penalty because fifa had seen that it was too obvious.... messis 2nd goal was not meant to stand cos Argentine players that were on the bench , stepped on the field when Messi scored , that goal was meant to be cancelled and France complained but the ref dint listen and awarded it... seems like they sent him a signal to correct that mistake so that it will not be too obvious... its not a guarantee that match fixing will work just like rigging in elections ...but its certain that Fifa did all they could for Argentina to win it
It is of no use arguing this matter with childish reasoning like this. It is very pathetic the way you people reason. So FIFA also allowed Mpape to score hat trick in a world cup final so that the rigging will not look obvious. How old are you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2023
Almunjid:

Messi no dey argue with anybody, he go do anything u want even if it's against his values while Ronaldo will disagree and refused to be forced into doing what's not part of his moral values. Ronaldo also had issues with Coca-Cola, do u think the company would let it slide?
You just de assume bro. What has Messi done that’s against his value?

Mention one with evidence pls

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by TemitayoMark: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2023
Ekemeze:
"I don't hate Messi"
But every bad post about Messi always comes from you. Why don't you post similar shits that are said about Ronaldo here?

Believe it or not, you're a bitter i.d.i.o.t

This person must be an obidient supporter because only them will come and start cursing you when you do them no wrong. Can we say something is wrong with their mentality or they are born to be sadistic? A food for thought my people
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by LZAA: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2023
tesppidd:
Even with France scoring two penalty goals in the final and Emi Martinez making that dying second reflexive save, the final was rigged
grin
I don't think you fully grasp what van gaal is saying
What he means is that Argentina shouldn't have been in that final at all
The ludicrous amount of penalties they got in that tournament reminded people of south korea in 2002
Do you get it now?
Oh and please don't bring up ronaldo's name because i leave that silly comparison for toddlers and pubescent trolls

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by assholemods: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2023
tesppidd:
grin
My brother stop bothering yourself Nairaland is full of children.

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2023
naijapikin2:
Exactly.. we know messi has been spoon fed with awards all his career.
Please tell that idiotic Chidolalar. A messi slave at that.
You no go let this guy rest😂😂

I see you guys are still fighting in the other thread.

Biko let it go.
Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Kukutente23: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2023
obembet:

Everyone knew that it was rigged.

I was not surprised when inec declared asiwaju bola Tinubu as president.

Cos its easier for Tinubu to win presidential election than Messi to win world cup
This is what bitterness does to you.
Van Gaal was talking about the game not the whole tournament but as usual, you twisted his words to your fantasy.
They wanted Messi to win the world cup yet France equalised and almost won it at the last minute.
Abeg Bleep off

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Hpesoj: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2023
OJEEMAH:
all of them na Ronaldo fans

Lol... That explains it then cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Abdulmumin412(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2023
thesicilian:
It was obvious from the beginning.
In fact right from when they started robbing everyone to give Messi the ballon dors he didn't deserve, I knew it was just a matter of time before they handed him the world cup. And they won't rest until they deliberately make him the "greatest player ever".
He has been the greatest ever even before the world cup. Scoring feet, dribbling, passing/assisting, play making and every other things, bro just call one aspect of the game where you see a player more than him.

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by benardtotti(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2023
yusfatedeeprof:
Clown 🤡. The Messi pass was a deliberate intention, 12 minutes extra time was deliberate, even the penalty shootout you wanted so badly saying your team have been trained by a volleyball coach on how to play them was rigged for Messi.

Don't mind him , how can they rig penalties ,then you and your team are accomplices.

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:45am On Sep 05, 2023
LZAA:

I don't think you fully grasp what van gaal is saying
What he means is that Argentina shouldn't have been in that final at all
The ludicrous amount of penalties they got in that tournament reminded people of south korea in 2002
Do you get it now?
Oh and please don't bring up ronaldo's name because i leave that silly comparison for toddlers and pubescent trolls
France got 4 penalties in 2018 World cup

England 4 penalties too

Why is Argentina scoring 4 penalties a problem this time?

4 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Rexymania(m): 9:47am On Sep 05, 2023
This man still dey cry

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Babaik: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2023
U go explain tire, no evidence

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Beverlyjean(f): 9:48am On Sep 05, 2023
assholemods:

You people don't reason like normal humans out of hatred. The match was rigged in a final where one player scored hat trick.

So what if he scored a hattrick?? Does that stop a game from being rigged ??

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Johnholt909: 9:49am On Sep 05, 2023
Van Gal is right. Everything was staged for Argentina to win it. I could recall a foreign friend of mine who told me before the World Cup that Messi was going to win it. After the Saudi's match, he said I should relax and see it happen. I was really shocked and speechless after the tournament.

1 Like

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Hellonearth: 9:49am On Sep 05, 2023
This guy should move on nah.

3 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Hellonearth: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2023
Johnholt909:
Van Gal is right. Everything was staged for Argentina to win it. I could recall a foreign friend of mine who told me that before the World Cup that Messi was going to win it. After the Saudi's match, he said I should relax and see it happen. I was really shocked and speechless.

Who dash you foreign friend. Hahahah
OGBOMOSHO friend.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:50am On Sep 05, 2023
Angelfrost:
If any team deserved that World Cup title, it was Argentina... It had absolutely nothing to do with Messi sef.

The team was excellent all around...!

I think it ought to be beneath Mr. LVG to make such childish and unguarded comments, especially when his team has never really stepped up in major competitions... His reign in Man United further cements his average standing as a coach.
He was one of the problem that cemented us into this shameful state, yet the idiot is vomiting rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Louis Van Gaal: 'There Was A Deliberate Intention To Make Messi World Champion' by LZAA: 9:51am On Sep 05, 2023
OJEEMAH:
France got 4 penalties in 2018 World cup

England 4 penalties too

Why is Argentina scoring 4 penalties a problem this time?
Just try and watch those penalties and how they were given
Also the france and England comparison does not count
Argentina had penalties at every single stage of that tournament

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Police Kill gunman Who Shot 2 Swedish Fans In Brussels / Croatia Hold Training Session Ahead Of World Cup Clash With Nigeria. Photos / Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.