Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker (27381 Views)

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by MorataFC: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
Bulldozer
Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Otulented: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2023
When Tribalism has not eaten us deep. Our politicians really dealt with us so badly. Now yoruba sees an Igbo man as his enemy, while Igbo man now sees an hausa man as his greatest Enemy. Its high time we unite and fight for the betterment and unity of this our beloved country, called Nigeria .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by AllenSpencer: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
Malroux:
He was probably Nigeria's best striker of all time.

Definitely!

That set had the best of all.

I doubt if we can produce that kind of team again. Those lots were playing as if they will be killed if they lose.

They were passion driven and dedicated to course.

Look at today, we parade fashion models to tournaments.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by SaLongs1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
Simply the best striker this country ever had. This op has taken me way back in time when things were not this messed up.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by veraponpo(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
The joy of watching great men like Rashidi Yekini is beyond expression. A striker that needs just little chance to convert to goal.

The testimony of Sunday Oliseh makes it hilarious when he said, Rashidi Yekini would say to him, 'Oliseh, you just pass it to me' and then we would have a goal. He conquered local league in Nigeria-Shooting Stars, Abiola Babes, conquered other African Countries-Ivory Coast, etc , conquered Turkey-Victoria Setubal, Spain-Atletico Gijon, etc. I have lost count now of his records.

If his goals tallies are kept, Rashidi Yekini has more than 400 professional goals.

Great man indeed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Hezzyluv: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2023
AllenSpencer:
A striker that was playing with his heart.

Dedicated, patriotic and full zeal!

Not all this fashion models we call strikers now.

Money stops nonsense and at the same time brings nonsense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by FreeStuffsNG: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by AllenSpencer: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Money stops nonsense and at the same time brings nonsense.

You said it all.

But take a look at Cameroonian and Ghanaian players, you still see that drive in them. That hunger to win.

Our boys now play as if there is nothing at stake. They play like they were begged to.

We had losses back then and we were always very proud of our team. Days when a Nigerian match will make a whole nation glued to the TV. Now, it’s like a waste of time!

Even the Falcons are making us happier.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Omowale2023(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2023

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Ezemann(m): 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
keep quiet dere

U want to bury amokachi now cos he supported tinubu in d last election

You're so immature and myopic for my liking. Must everything be about Tinubu??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by mu2sa2: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
Rashidi Yekini = stamina and speed. Give him a good pass and he'll score, unfailingly. R.i.p Nigeria's greatest goal poacher.

6 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Bukola94: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2023
chiefolododo:
I prefer brown ideye
I prefer Kanu
Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by EmekaA125(m): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
Keep resting Tinubu's namesake.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by BJanta: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2023
chiefolododo:
I prefer brown ideye

What is Brown Ideye ? We are talking about Rashidi Yekini , The Black Hawk , you're talking about one Ideye. Rashidi Yekini who has a prominent place in football Hall of Fame at the FIFA Headquareters. You have been too young in his heydays , you and your Ideye must have come from the same village.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Timoleon(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
veraponpo:

The joy of watching great men like Rashidi Yekini is beyond expression. A striker that needs just little chance to convert to goal.

The testimony of Sunday Oliseh makes it hilarious when he said, Rashidi Yekini would say to him, 'Oliseh, you just pass it to me' and then we would have a goal. He conquered local league in Nigeria-Shooting Stars, Abiola Babes, conquered other African Countries-Ivory Coast, etc , conquered Turkey-Victoria Setubal, Spain-Atletico Gijon, etc. I have lost count now of his records.

If his goals tallies are kept, Rashidi Yekini has more than 400 professional goals.

Great man indeed

5 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Blankstare(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
The man is Didier Drogba pro max

4 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Thomasankara(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
[/color] grin grin ;Dcomedian[color=#770077]
chiefolododo:
I prefer brown ideye
Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by porthouse7(f): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
Best striker ever from Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Bukola94: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
mu2sa2:
Rashidi Yekini = stamina and speed. Give him a good pass and he'll score, unfailingly. R.i.p Nigeria's greatest goal poacher.
Someone said is shot is like a rocket, it caught goalkeepers in a blink of an eye. Sunday Oliseh shot and RY9 shot is like a rocket

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by BJanta: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2023
Timoleon:
His goal to game ratio for Nigeria is actually excellent.

His blind volleys are a delight to watch. No keeper is able to stop it when it goes direct. They would hold it and quickly involuntarily drop it as if like a red-hot piece of steel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by TheSuperX(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
Legend forever!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by stagger: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
Go back to his days in Africa Sports in Cote D'Ivoire.

The guy was fire!

3 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Juju70(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
Who be countries like Burkina when we dey play dem when yekini dey? He go dash dem goals

3 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Creamypie(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
Angelfrost:
Rest on Legend...!

Sadly, this nation hasn't had a better Striker than that since then... Honestly, we haven't had a better Super Eagles team ever since.
in his period,it was normal for people to beg to play for Nigeria, cos there was nationalism then

4 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Sharpsharp00123: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ezemann:

You're so immature and myopic for my liking. Must everything be about Tinubu??
yes

Since u igbos must see it from d political point of view

So what offense did amokachi commit?

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by KIDfurniture(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
You missed something. Which many of them are into tilll date. They seek power from the underworld to be what they are today. Many of them will lose everything after having everything and die with nothing. Their names will be forgotten.

pol23:
I remember my exercise book in primary school then.
Onward is like the standard, it doesn’t have any front image.
Others always have either
Rashidi Yekini.
Okparaji
Orisabunmi - she was a Yoruba golden actress in early 90’s when the total of actress no reach 20.
Rashidi Yekini popular celebration where he was shaking the goalpost net was every television station advertisement for news or sport section for close to a decade.
He was our heroe.
When I read of how he died in abject poverty in ibadan makes me want to cry for him…. I won’t say Nigeria failed him, because Nigeria gave him the platform and he went ahead to become a super star and made lots of money.
But I think education or proper planning kill him…
Still legend in my eyes.
We appreciate your service.
Respect.
Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Malroux: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Definitely!

That set had the best of all.

I doubt if we can produce that kind of team again. Those lots were playing as if they will be killed if they lose.

They were passion driven and dedicated to course.

Look at today, we parade fashion models to tournaments.
I de tell you. The last world cup Nigeria participated in they won the best jersy of the tournament. grin

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by AllenSpencer: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Malroux:
I de tell you. The last world cup Nigeria participated in they won the best jersy of the tournament. grin

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Bizibi(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
chiefolododo:
I prefer brown ideye
I hope this is a joke

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini: In Honour Of The Legendary Nigerian Striker by Eloquency001: 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
pol23:
I remember my exercise book in primary school then.
Onward is like the standard, it doesn’t have any front image.
Others always have either
Rashidi Yekini.
Okparaji
Orisabunmi - she was a Yoruba golden actress in early 90’s when the total of actress no reach 20.
Rashidi Yekini popular celebration where he was shaking the goalpost net was every television station advertisement for news or sport section for close to a decade.
He was our heroe.
When I read of how he died in abject poverty in ibadan makes me want to cry for him…. I won’t say Nigeria failed him, because Nigeria gave him the platform and he went ahead to become a super star and made lots of money.
But I think education or proper planning kill him…
Still legend in my eyes.
We appreciate your service.
Respect.

No, I beg to disagree, I think he died of mental imbalance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N'golo Kante Agrees To A Two-year Deal With Saudi Club Al Ittihad / Photos From The Traditional Wedding Of John Ogu / Who Is Alhassan Yusuf, The Midfielder Replacing Ndidi For AFCON?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.