Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa (27539 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ogbe88(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
iammo:
O.p mark my words and it not a curse you will cry

Painful sorrowful tears if you don't quickly change your foolish Japa mindset

I have seen with my eyes Grown men curse the day they were born because of wrong Japa moves, I have seen many destiny end in prison abroad because they had no option to survive than crime
U are lunatic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Bertino(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
I been dey scroll through this thread for this perspective. I dey UK, but relocating back home in a few weeks. So my narrative is for UK.
I go rather go back Nigeriato face wetin I sabi. Than spend years of my life searching for what isn't missing. You will always be second citizens, restricted on the type of jobs you can perform, the level you can get to. Not full blown in your face racism, subtle legislation that will put you in check. If you want that, by all means.
Hamachi:
If you have a good paying salary, wife and kids, don't leave all that only to travel to start afresh again. It will take you average 15-20yrs to get the level you are right now. You can go for holiday in any of those countries to see things for yourself.

If you were younger with no wife or job i will encourage you to go but you are settled already.

Truth is Nigeria is irredeemable. Forget what is portrayed by the media.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Sweetvie: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
Japa when you're young with little or no responsibilities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by descarado: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
sulaak:

The number of new Nigerian immigrants complaining about hardship and difficulties has increased exponentially, One of the reasons is that Western economies are encountering severe economic hardship and new immigrants are finding it difficult to sustain affordable housing and income when working in professions such as care workers, nurses and junior doctors.
You lie with confidence

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Gerrard59(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2023
12inchess:
Make una come naaa. It's very easy over here in abroad. Just sell all your properties in Nigeria and leave your Deloitte Job where you've become a Manager. You don't even need to come through legal means. Just come on visiting visa. When you get here you can easily divorce your wife and marry oyinbo. Within like 1 year you will get your papers then start as Deloitte Manager again in Dallas, Or Houston. It's not that hard. Just come. There is job and money waiting for you.There is even credit system so you have access to funds to buy whatever you want. You can take a loan to buy a 2024 model car and be paying small small. Just come. Anybody telling you otherwise is an enemy of progress.

An L1 enables the bold to move to the US. It is possible in such a position. Why advise an illegal route, when the L1 visa is there? This una wickedness is befuddling.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ednut1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
12inchess:
Make una come naaa. It's very easy over here in abroad. Just sell all your properties in Nigeria and leave your Deloitte Job where you've become a Manager. You don't even need to come through legal means. Just come on visiting visa. When you get here you can easily divorce your wife and marry oyinbo. Within like 1 year you will get your papers then start as Deloitte Manager again in Dallas, Or Houston. It's not that hard. Just come. There is job and money waiting for you.There is even credit system so you have access to funds to buy whatever you want. You can take a loan to buy a 2024 model car and be paying small small. Just come. Anybody telling you otherwise is an enemy of progress.
a Deloitte senior associate or manager in Nigeria can get work visa easily to usa, uk or australia. Why will they now come with visiting. Reduce the weed.
Gerrard59:

An L1 enables the bold to move to the US. It is possible in such a position. Why advise an illegal route, when the L1 visa is there? This una wickedness is befuddling.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Kenn55: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2023
Quintessence44:

Hahahaha…

Dem go shock….from manager at Deloitte or business owner in Lagos to security guard or warehouse operative in London.

Small oyinbo secretary of 18 will be addressing you like a school dropout and a slave.

You wey be big boy for Naija.

After some weeks, all the constant light, good roads, cheap food etc will be no biggie to you, as heavy bills plus the decline in your personal status take their toll on your psyche.

You will even miss that your generator in Naija.

Leave them make them japa.

You guys like exaggerating things to suit your narrative. The problem with these stupid arguments that never cease to end in this forum is that the pro and anti japa sides have failed to be specific in their assertions.

Are we talking of japa through green card/ permanent residence or japa through visit visa, asylum,refugee etc? Because these 2 modes of japa are not the same but for some ulterior motives, they are lumped together to confuse people.

To your point, nobody who is "doing well " in Nigeria will leave his job or business to japa through an illegal means. My brother, people aren't stupid naa.

People doing well japa through PR like I did years back. I remember when I was relocating and wanted to convert my 10m naira to USD, my cousin could not understand my decision and felt I was stupid. In a last ditch effort to stop me a day before we flew out, he showed me lands to buy trying to convince me that I'll triple my money in few years as the lands are fast appreciating but I still declined. I had my reasons to relocate and besides I was japaing as a PR, I wouldn't have japaed if it wasn't as a PR.

With PR, you can rebuild your life faster and better. You can go back to school easily and acquire better skills that would catapult your career. I went back to school as I landed cos I wanted to switch from my career in Nigeria to IT in Canada. I didn't spend any shishi of my money to go back to school, I got grant from both the Federal and provincial government that covered all my school fees and 60% of my family living expenses. I was offered loan if I wanted but I declined to take the loan cos I came with money of my own. Fast forward years after, I have established in the IT world and now running away from recruiters in LinkedIn cos I can't be switching jobs every year. Most intelligent Nigerians who came legally end up becoming better off years after landing cos they make good use of the system.

My brother, the only set of people who are doing well in Nigeria but trade it to japa by any means are people who have been personally touched by Nigeria and are so angry that they don't want to spend the next night in Nigeria. For example, someone who has been a victim of kidnapping, lost lots of money and nearly lost their life. There is someone I know who left Nigeria though I don't know which Visa he used sha but he left after he nearly lost his life in the hands of the army because he was making a call as his car driven by his wife was passing through an army checkpoint. He was brutalized and he spent nearly 2 months in hospital. After his recovery and release, they started planning japa and they eventually left for good. The truth is that I don't even blame them for that

People japa for many personal reasons that is beyond money. But to say people who are comfortable in Nigeria are leaving it to become illegal immigrants in the west is an outright exaggeration, people are not stupid and I have not yet seen anyone in that category

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Quidsin(f): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
Don't ever listen to Nigerians abroad discouraging you not to relocate.

My story here -

I started my Masters in April 2016, I did not complete it till Jan 2020.
It took me 2 years to get my certificate, I had to do Clearance at PG school twice before getting it. I finally got it in December 2022.

Two of my friends Japa last year OCTOBER.

FAMILY 1.

Wife started Masters in October 2022 and finished in April 2023, was lucky to get a job in June. They are doing very well.

FAMILY 2.

Wife graduated as Best graduating student in her Masters (she studied an engineering course). Offers have started coming in for her to do another program, I think a scholarship is coming her way.

This is a country that works. If you know how much it cost me to tip and bribe those guys in PG school before getting my certificate. Imagine them telling me the person in charge is not around.

Please 🙏 Japa if you have the means.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by MrsTwrite(f): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
This is one of the best thread so far. God bless the poster. I'm so emotional right now. Dear God, help me, I can't wait to Japa. Nigeria is turning into a horrible place.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Felixv: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
The reason why this forum has been around for a long time is because this is where we come to share our life experiences -I certainly know that because I have been a member for a long time.

We should tolerate disparate views -this shows that we have matured as a people. There are cons and pros to travelling abroad and considering the situation Nigeria is now I guess there are more pros -but is it guaranteed. What is the probability of success and how do we quantify success.

No one can give you that answer -people can only share their own opinions and the rest is up to the individual.

Nigeria
So Tinubu went to the G20 summit and came back stating that he spoke to the Germans about bringing back VW to Nigeria -I read this and felt bad -and this is where I sympathize with people like you -our leaders have taken us for a ride and it seems they would not stop.

Now why would VW come to a country that cannot produce enough electricity for it's citizens when VW has so many other options. This alone should encourage me to advice people to leave Nigeria -but I have seen our people suffer miserably in some of the strangest countries and at the same time I have seen many Nigerians have a great life here also.

so make up your mind and come back here with your own life experiences.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by juman(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
ogbonti:

why u dey lie, i live abroad and i just made $5,000 this morning - please don’t discourage anyone from traveling - let them all come - we love you all 🤗

There was nothing nobody could tell me to dissuade me from traveling.
I was a sapa person.

But oh my people, money dey in Nigeria also.
Many market women are doing very well.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Felixv: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Quidsin:
Don't ever listen to Nigerians abroad discouraging you not to relocate.

My story here -

I started my Masters in April 2016, I did not complete it till Jan 2020.
It took me 2 years to get my certificate, I had to do Clearance at PG school twice before getting it. I finally got it in December 2022.

Two of my friends Japa last year OCTOBER.

FAMILY 1.

Wife started Masters in October 2022 and finished in April 2023, was lucky to get a job in June. They are doing very well.

FAMILY 2.

Wife graduated as Best graduating student in her Masters (she studied an engineering course). Offers have started coming in for her to do another program, I think a scholarship is coming her way.

This is a country that works. If you know how much it cost me to tip and bribe those guys in PG school before getting my certificate. Imagine them telling me the person in charge is not around.

Please 🙏 Japa if you have the means.

just a few questions

which country and course did these individuals study --also how much did they have to spend.

you would do well to list the costs iteratively

travel expenses
accommodation
cost of college
degree obtained
rating of college
employment prospects
did they obtained any loans and how long will take them to repay the loans

thanks -this information would help a lot of people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by planetx: 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
elonize:
how was d interview like
What Interview?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TheEnforcer: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

Hes been sarcastic and mocking those who wanna move.You don't get him?In the real sense,he means those who have plum jobs like deployment shouldn't move
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by naijamerican: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2023
nigeria is a poophole country. Anyone wanting a future for their family needs to japa asap. Your grandkids will curse you.

Too many stupid people running things in this country for it to have any chance at success. Sorry to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
It's been 26 days or thereabout since these youth corp members were kidnapped

As at this evening, the kidnappers are asking for N200 million

you are not in Nigeria,
and you are encouraging Nigerians to remain in Nigeria (directly or sarcastically, like the individual above) by propagating the lie that nigeria is better than US/Europe

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by planetx: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2023
Quintessence44:

Hahahaha…

Dem go shock….from manager at Deloitte or business owner in Lagos to security guard or warehouse operative in London.

Small oyinbo secretary of 18 will be addressing you like a school dropout and a slave.

You wey be big boy for Naija.

After some weeks, all the constant light, good roads, cheap food etc will be no biggie to you, as heavy bills plus the decline in your personal status take their toll on your psyche.

You will even miss that your generator in Naija.

Leave them make them japa.

You will miss eating isi ewu and drinking trophy with your buddies and knacking toto whenever you got the urge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by NairaMaster1(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
this is in response to this post that made front page today: https://www.nairaland.com/7834477/japa-fever-among-nigerian-youths

story 1:
i had an uncle who always complained about his job.
he worked in an oil company.
he told me to pursue my dreams (i used to be a music producer in the university) and how life is not all about making money
he complained he didn't have time for his family and how we wishes he could spend time with his children
he complained about how he's underpaid compared to expatriates
he complained so much, we (the family) actually had pity on him
long story short, we had an insider in the company (from our church) who told us,
my uncle was the person blocking my elder brother from getting a job in same company
he (the insider) was shocked we were related to him (my uncle)
he called our uncle in my fathers presence, who told him: do you want that small boy to overtake me in the family
my uncle didn't know the phone was on speaker!!!
this was 2008.

its easy for a beautiful girl with so many rich suitors to tell her 'not so fine' friends with only one suitor life is not about marriage
its easy for a rich person to tell a broke person life is not about money
its easy for someone in canada/US/europe to tell you in Nigeria the grass isn't greener abroad

someone who doesn't buy fuel for gen,
someone who doesn't sleep with multiple lecturers for marks in the university
someone who isn't slapped, abused and insulted in the hospital (like it happens in teaching hospitals in Nigeria)
SHOULD NOT TELL NIGERIANS ANYTHING ABOUT RELOCATING ABROAD

They are telling you from experience. You analogies are not related to the advice. I have travelled a lot and I feel fo my classmates overseas. It's not easy over there. BUT YOU ARE FREE TO GO

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
Felixv:
The reason why this forum has been around for a long time is because this is where we come to share our life experiences -I certainly know that because I have been a member for a long time.

We should tolerate disparate views -this shows that we have matured as a people. There are cons and pros to travelling abroad and considering the situation Nigeria is now I guess there are more pros -but is it guaranteed. What is the probability of success and how do we quantify success.

No one can give you that answer -people can only share their own opinions and the rest is up to the individual.

Nigeria
So Tinubu went to the G20 summit and came back stating that he spoke to the Germans about bringing back VW to Nigeria -I read this and felt bad -and this is where I sympathize with people like you -our leaders have taken us for a ride and it seems they would not stop.

Now why would VW come to a country that cannot produce enough electricity for it's citizens when VW has so many other options. This alone should encourage me to advice people to leave Nigeria -but I have seen our people suffer miserably in some of the strangest countries and at the same time I have seen many Nigerians have a great life here also.

so make up your mind and come back here with your own life experiences.

God bless you
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by caandi: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
All this their yarn
We don japa already by God’s special grace
Overseas here I come!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fahvvy: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
casualobserver:

And I think you should ask your mother why she didn’t insist on a condom

Hahahahahhaa grin...
That was a good one cheesy...

Sha lemme know when you have this Convo with your momma cheesy...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by falopey: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Mosba:

God bless you my person, I have a friend who travelled to UK 5months ago, we used to rough things together back then, guess what? he sent 200,000k to me last week. To him he only sent about £200 and my account don full. In Nigeria of today, as a bloody civil servant who must have spent the salary finished and started borrowing to limp towards month end, that money brought great relief. Subsidy removed, no salary increment under what is democramilitary kind of government. By my calculation, government isn't even paying enough for only feeding for most staff and they expect you at work? If I get means, I will not only Japa but I will forbid my children from coming back to make a visit to Nigeria in future. Anyone saying don't join us in UK, Canada etc should be regarded for what he/she is, selfish dick

Do you know what it takes to earn that £200 you refer to as just £200? That’s one problem abroad people have with Nigerians back in Nigeria, using numerical value of naira to judge other currencies.

£200 is not 200 naira. It probably takes a lot of effort, sweat and work for that your friend to put together that amount and send to you. It’s not just £200 to him , trust me. Especially for someone who hasn’t even spent up to six months. He probably even not earning £100,000 in a whole year yet but you already have #200,000 in your bank account . The £200 he sent to you is not just 200

Average Americans earn $50,000 in a whole year. If they can afford to gift you 200 out of it. They really try. A Nigerian earning 50,000 naira a year(not month) would hardly gift 200 out of it
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Bertino:
I been dey scroll through this thread for this perspective. I dey UK, but relocating back home in a few weeks. So my narrative is for UK.
I go rather go back Nigeriato face wetin I sabi. Than spend years of my life searching for what isn't missing. You will always be second citizens, restricted on the type of jobs you can perform, the level you can get to. Not full blown in your face racism, subtle legislation that will put you in check. If you want that, by all means.

Elder na so e carry be ?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
12inchess:

See wickedness e grin grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

Colombians, Brazilians and Mexicans have more scammers and drug runners than Nigeria, but you'll hardly open the news to find their citizens being put in the spotlight. Even when they're arrested, diplomatic relations are used to quietly extradite such persons so appropriate sanctions can be dished out.

But people like you, Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku Bagudu, Orji Uzor Kalu and a host of other short-sighted Nigerians make it look like the entire Nigerian country is a hub of scammers and characters with illicit intents.

You think Nigerians defraud people? Spend a year in China and you'll understand that almost every teenager with a smart phone is almost encouraged to engage in internet fraud schemes. Or let's even bring it back home to Africa. Do you know that nearly 60percent of the young Ghana population are into internet scams? Or do you want to travel to SA and Kenya?

But those countries hardly make the news for crimes because you Nigerians are so loud-mouthed and hateful towards your next Nigerian, so you feel your only way of showing patriotism and behavioural decency, is to use a vuvuzela to announce your kin and his flaws so he can be taken to the hangman's noose!

I swear down this guy has mad my day. This is the most realistic pun and comedian on the thread throwing digs everywhere left, right and centre

The way you mention the names from there...

people like you, Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku Bagudu, Orji Uzor Kalu an
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
dododawa1:
Ijegun lkotun and abaranje Lagos
DEN OF DARKNESS

I swear down. Ikotun, Abaranje and Ijegun has stayed the same way since two decades back
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ogbonti: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
juman:

There was nothing nobody could tell me to dissuade me from traveling.
I was a sapa person.

But oh my people, money dey in Nigeria also.
Many market women are doing very well.

you are telling lies, everyone abroad is enjoying and everyone in Nigeria 🇳🇬 is suffering - please let all of them come - thanks bro 😎
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ogbonti: 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
emperor4love:
ur comment won't change de fact that no matter the bill there,you can save money that u can't in 6month in Nigeria

we are saying the same thing - abroad street is paved with gold, it is paradise - no more suffering - please all of them should come immediately ooo thanks 😀
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ogbonti: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
Deco7:

Hahaha. My belle o. This last two Japa threads just dey sweet me for belle. I'm coming to pick dollars on the tree that grows on your street too

yes oooo please come quickly- the money jabrata for ground here we no see who pick am
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
ogbonti:

yes oooo please come quickly- the money jabrata for ground here we no see who pick am

Abeg o. I no just come abroad. I dey cum your street cum stay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / Taxify Driver Who Fingered A Drunk Passenger Reported

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.