Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa (27540 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by faoogoke(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2023
I remember when I advised my younger brother from traveling out around 2005.

He wouldn't listen. This is someone who just got a good job after years of joblessness and just married too. He went and was deported.

When I reminded him of my counsel, he said I didn't say it loud enough.

As at today he has travelled on holiday twice outside Nigeria with his family. He will never relocate.

At the end of the day the choice is yours and you live with it and its consequences.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TongueTwista(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
mentally sick people living in Nigeria, that is why, you guys prefer to be slave somewhere else around the globe 🌎 the Nigerian citizen like you are insult to the country called Nigeria

You who's not mentally challenged somehow managed to sit in your stuffy bedroom to determine other people's contribution to daily societal affairs abi?

You first need a proper education to polish your public communication skills before being in any mental space to determine what people should do with their freewill.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by CodeTemplar: 11:25am On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
this is in response to this post that made front page today: https://www.nairaland.com/7834477/japa-fever-among-nigerian-youths

story 1:
i had an uncle who always complained about his job.
he worked in an oil company.
he told me to pursue my dreams (i used to be a music producer in the university) and how life is not all about making money
he complained he didn't have time for his family and how we wishes he could spend time with his children
he complained about how he's underpaid compared to expatriates
he complained so much, we (the family) actually had pity on him
long story short, we had an insider in the company (from our church) who told us,
my uncle was the person blocking my elder brother from getting a job in same company
he (the insider) was shocked we were related to him (my uncle)
he called our uncle in my fathers presence, who told him: do you want that small boy to overtake me in the family
my uncle didn't know the phone was on speaker!!!
this was 2008.

its easy for a beautiful girl with so many rich suitors to tell her 'not so fine' friends with only one suitor life is not about marriage
its easy for a rich person to tell a broke person life is not about money
its easy for someone in canada/US/europe to tell you in Nigeria the grass isn't greener abroad

someone who doesn't buy fuel for gen,
someone who doesn't sleep with multiple lecturers for marks in the university
someone who isn't slapped, abused and insulted in the hospital (like it happens in teaching hospitals in Nigeria)
SHOULD NOT TELL NIGERIANS ANYTHING ABOUT RELOCATING ABROAD

Unstable OP. No one advised home based Nigerians not to Japa, they only gave brutal reality of what Nigerians go through there. It is up to you to prepare yourself for life over there or suffer the fate of the careless japa-ees.

If you must go, be prepared for skilled jobs that are in demand. What's the point of going to join a saturated labour market that's lacking certain skilled hands. Instead fill the empty slots where skilled hands are scarce and not washing dead bodies or changing old mama diapers.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ednut1(m): 11:25am On Sep 13, 2023
If your mind has been made up. No one can convince you otherwise. Some Nigerians abroad dont want many Nigerians in the country they are because to them Nigerians always cast things.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by correctguy101(m): 11:26am On Sep 13, 2023
Oh dey should...

I don't see how any sensible person will spend millions just to travel outside the country when they could've done something better with it in their own country.

What do I know..

If you feel Japa is your path, abeg Japa... cheesy

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Fahvvy: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2023
casualobserver:

Advising people to go is just as bad as advising people not to go. Everybody’s circumstance is different. Let people make up their own minds. I lived abroad for 2 decades, I had a fantastic job, I still have a house there, I am a citizen so I can go back if I want but I came back voluntarily and I will never go back. Nigeria is hard but for me there is peace, sense of belonging, I have in Nigeria I never had in the UK. Eventually you will realize these things matter.

Please go back and read what I wrote again and then look at your response undecided...

I'll give you an excerpts, "If you have what it takes AND YOU WANT TO..." undecided...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2023
Do South Africans japa?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by onuman: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2023
Europeans who escaped Europe to other countries during the World Wars made money and returned to Europe to build industries after the war.
But in Nigeria, Islamic extremists and the inept leaders that emerge from the fraudulent political structure of Nigeria would not allow for a peaceful and conducive environment for Nigeria to enable Nigerians who fled abroad to return to invest in Nigeria. The Nigerians left in Nigeria have been impoverished to the bone marrow by inept leadership and Islamic extremists.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by casualobserver: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2023
Fahvvy:

Please go back and read what I wrote again and then look at your response undecided...

I'll give you an excerpts, "If you have what it takes AND YOU WANT TO..." undecided...
The point still stands. You don’t come on a thread chastising people for advising people not to go and then advise people to go. It’s hypocritical!!!

The things is most people giving advice have no experience of living abroad…..have you ever lived abroad that you are giving advice?

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by kasim155: 11:31am On Sep 13, 2023
Fahvvy:
I thought I was the only one put off by that thread undecided...

If obodo oyibo was as bad as they painted it, why haven't they returned back to their country? undecided...

Fact is, every country out there has its downs, however, the downs of some countries can rival the ups of other countries undecided...

Look at your nation for instance...
Some military men have now become instruments of bullies for "big men" undecided...

Some police officers now require that you wet their palm heavily, before they can do the jobs that they've already been paid for undecided...

Being "bad" is hailed as smart and being "good" is frowned upon and seen as f.oolish undecided...

Having light for 3 hours per day in some areas is seen as something worth celebrating undecided...

There's almost no difference between some security personnel's and thugs on the streets, cause you could be shot for exercising your right undecided...

So it's seems insensitive to me that someone who doesn't have to go through all these would give such advice seeing that the circumstance of that country is no difference from that of the zoo undecided...

My advice to anyone reading this is simple...
If you have what it takes to leave this country and you want to do so, PLEASE LEAVE ASAP!

But do your research well before leaving...

Don't mind them, they will be complaining about abroad and be discouraging ppl over not to come while they dem self remain there and refuse to come bk.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Yankee101: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2023
I understand the point from both sides

If you want to move to the UK, for example and want to spend like 20m to 40m to relocate yourself, wife and kids…..hmmm it may be wise to reconsider it

If you get Canada or the US no even think am just go. It’s understanding the different countries and their dynamics

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ednut1(m): 11:37am On Sep 13, 2023
onuman:
Europeans who escaped Europe to other countries during the World Wars made money and returned to Europe to build industries after the war.
But in Nigeria, Islamic extremists and the inept leaders that emerge from the fraudulent political structure of Nigeria would not allow for a peaceful and conducive environment for Nigeria to enable Nigerians who fled abroad to return to invest in Nigeria. The Nigerians left in Nigeria have been impoverished to the bone marrow by inept leadership and Islamic extremists.
europeans who went to North and South America, South Africa, Australia etc between 1700 to 1920s Did they return to Europe

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Maobichek: 11:41am On Sep 13, 2023
Fahvvy:
I thought I was the only one put off by that thread undecided...

If obodo oyibo was as bad as they painted it, why haven't they returned back to their country? undecided...

Fact is, every country out there has its downs, however, the downs of some countries can rival the ups of other countries undecided...

Look at your nation for instance...
Some military men have now become instruments of bullies for "big men" undecided...

Some police officers now require that you wet their palm heavily, before they can do the jobs that they've already been paid for undecided...

Being "bad" is hailed as smart and being "good" is frowned upon and seen as f.oolish undecided...

Having light for 3 hours per day in some areas is seen as something worth celebrating undecided...

There's almost no difference between some security personnel's and thugs on the streets, cause you could be shot for exercising your right undecided...

So it's seems insensitive to me that someone who doesn't have to go through all these would give such advice seeing that the circumstance of that country is no difference from that of the zoo undecided...

My advice to anyone reading this is simple...
If you have what it takes to leave this country and you want to do so, PLEASE LEAVE ASAP!

But do your research well before leaving...

The first time my sister entered Europe, she wondered why Europeans do leave Europe for Nigeria, she was specific that UK is better than Nigeria in all ramifications; that what they call unemployment over there is what many people are celebrating here as being gainfully employed.

My friend who has been in Athens for 5 years told me that, there is no mosquito there, chicken which is seen as a meat for special season/occasion is everyday meat there. That during COVID-19 lockdown, ppl do send their request (foodstuffs i.e palliative from the government) and it will be delivered at their doorstep.

The truth remains that Nigerians are use to suffering and we have "accepted" it as our fate.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Donaldoni: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2023
The only people that should japa in Nigeria are those not doing well at all and have no hope

If you are earning good 6 figures in Nigeria and you have job/career security, you have no business japaing

All my colleagues to who japaed are no way doing better than I am where they are. They can only brag when they start converting their earnings to naira cheesy

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2023
experience is the best teacher. cool
sulaak:

The number of new Nigerian immigrants complaining about hardship and difficulties has increased exponentially, One of the reasons is that Western economies are encountering severe economic hardship and new immigrants are finding it difficult to sustain affordable housing and income when working in professions such as care workers, nurses and junior doctors.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Chetas81(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

You who's not mentally challenged somehow managed to sit in your stuffy bedroom to determine other people's contribution to daily societal affairs abi?

You first need a proper education to polish your public communication skills before being in any mental space to determine what people should do with their freewill.
you guys almost comit suicide when trump called Nigeria shithole, you guys turn Nigeria to shithole, because of you the citizen with no modernization idea,chocroche citizen like you love to live in a country like heaven, but you failed to turn your country to heaven
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2023
Experience is the best Teacher, sometimes its not good to advise people, who are too smart.

They will only turn it to insults. The same people will become nuisance, wherever they go, because their attitudes is that of an evil character. grin

faoogoke:

I remember when I advised my younger brother from traveling out around 2005.

He wouldn't listen. This is someone who just got a good job after years of joblessness and just married too. He went and was deported.

When I reminded him of my counsel, he said I didn't say it loud enough.

As at today he has travelled on holiday twice outside Nigeria with his family. He will never relocate.

At the end of the day the choice is yours and you live with it and its consequences.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Israel07: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2023
Imagine say u call police to report a case of theft in the middle of the night only for them to ask you to send them #10k for fuel n mobilisation first, then when they arrive like 3hrs after the report they arrest everyone in the house and on the street, it doesn't matter where you're coming from or going to then collect better beating before being jam-packed in a smelling cell then asked to start calling your people for bail of #50k for street passerbys and #100k for tenants of the burgled building then #30k for you wey call them. Mad oooo!

Imagine a cleaner in a hospital giving you a list of things to buy while telling one of ur twin is dead n u should hurry b4 the remaining one die💀

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by 50StarGeneral: 11:45am On Sep 13, 2023
Hamachi:
My Auntie was NEVER going to leave Nigeria for anything, she later left for Canada after small pressure. The dad died and she fainted 5 times during the father's burial as a result of stress and heat. Immediately the father was buried she didn't spend 72hrs in a Nigeria. All the property the dad left for her she told them to sell as she's not interested in coming back.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by zumbigbo(m): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2023
You vote for nonsense and want to leave. Anyone who voted for Buhari and Tinubu should have their passport shredded.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TongueTwista(m): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
you guys almost comit suicide when trump called Nigeria shithole, you guys turn Nigeria to shithole, because of you the citizen with no modernization idea,chocroche citizen like you love to live in a country like heaven, but you failed to turn your country to heaven

I'm wasting my data on an illiterate who should be attending adult school classes.

Mtscheew!

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Wisereborn: 11:45am On Sep 13, 2023
Fahvvy:
Being "bad" is hailed as smart and being "good" is frowned upon and seen as f.oolish
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 11:46am On Sep 13, 2023
grin Then they will travel with a bad character and become nuisances in other places.

And then people will run away from them and they cry me me me.

We have an evil mind, and its better to just stay where we are and be doing useless things, just like those young Nigerian boys that did sex extortion of a young American, and he committed suicide because they released some nude pictures on Instagram. And the story is spreading like wild fire in USA. Let them go there they will treat them like the evil mind they are.

So they are complaining like the evil mind they have.

zumbigbo:
You vote for nonsense and want to leave. Anyone who voted for Buhari and Tinubu should have their passport shredded.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Chetas81(m): 11:47am On Sep 13, 2023
Cineinfo:

Develop? As a developer they are. Right?
You can help develop...
shithole citizen have no idea of modernity, you build hell you live in it, nobody build their country for any foreigners who failed to developed their motherland
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Bankowner: 11:47am On Sep 13, 2023
Why would anyone tell you not to japa and you will accept it? The decision is entirely yours to make and take not minding what you're told.

Being abroad is not eldorado but if you believe you can make a way for yourself, why let anyone stop you? Over here, you have to work for your pay. There's nothing like you miss work for a day or two but still get your full salary as it is in Nigeria. You don't work your hours, you don't get paid. Your landlord will not come to knock at your door for rent, you don't pay by the first day of the month, you stand the risk of being booted out. No long thing!

If you have the opportunity to japa, please take it but prepare yourself for the initial rough period you will pass through. Except of course you come with plenty cash from naija.

Peace.

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 11:48am On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:
How can any sensible Nigerian not want his or her kids trained abroad or have an abroad backup plan after watching Bola Tinubu a known criminal, a known Lagos state treasury looter that captured Lagos state politically using ill gotten wealth + high level rituals/occultism and then used the massive Lagos state treasury he has stolen for decades to sponsor the downfall of Goodluck Jonathan and made Buhari President and thereafter used same Lagos treasury he looted to buy every buyable person in Nigeria to become President against the wishes of majority of reasonable Nigerians and every Nigerian is shut down because Bola Tinubu has stolen so much of Lagos wealth for decades that have made him a demigod in Yoruba politics and gradually in Nigerian politics of some regions.

Yet some Nigerians think Nigeria have any hope of becoming a great country? A country where competence and merit doesn't count but rather criminality, fraud, thuggery, occultism, spiritism, juju worship and all manner of barbarism reign supreme.

God forbid!

Hahaha see the way you typed long without full stop. Lol even if I no wan travel before, you don won, not win me over. Lmao
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Chetas81(m): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

I'm wasting my data on an illiterate who should be attending adult school classes.

Mtscheew!
you be slave to the country of your choice, idiot
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Donaldoni: 11:49am On Sep 13, 2023
kasim155:

Don't mind them, they will be complaining about abroad and be discouraging ppl over not to come while they dem self remain there and refuse to come bk.

They can't come back because they have been trapped and are stuck in the slave plantation cheesy

Loans, mortgages etc etc

You guys just dont get it cheesy

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by being(m): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2023
I usually say this- in as much as someone is in a very bad situation doesn't mean he cannot find himself in a worse situation if he makes a wrong decision!!
So I would expect a reasonable person to not just throw away the advice about not relocate abroad but to make informed findings on whether he could be worse off over there or not and what are the chances!
It is a FOOLISH person that will hear warnings and just TOTALLY DISREGARD the warnings
opicgif:
if you are abroad
do your scholarship
pursue your PR
do what took you there
and STOP advising people about anything. just keep shut.

the hundreds of thousands of people crossing the sahara, crossing the seas, illegally (because they dont know any better) aren't stupid!

you are African in Europe/Americas, it means you relocated or someone in your lineage left Africa. SOMEONE LEFT!!!

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by 9jahotblog: 11:51am On Sep 13, 2023
Kindly japa if you have the resources to do that. Hunger is wicked
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 11:52am On Sep 13, 2023
Abi, who is holding them.

One thing i have observed is that we have an evil mind, including me, and it always shows, just like today, they want others to be the source of their problems.

grin grin grin Instead of explaining why it is good to travel out, you are blaming other people, be blaming other people until the next world, never accept responsibility, that the evil in in US all. If you cannot be decent and be the change then keep creating illusionary enemies.

Bankowner:
Why would anyone tell you not to japa and you will accept it? The decision is entirely yours to make and take not minding what you're told.

Being abroad is not eldorado but if you believe you can make a way for yourself, why let anyone stop you? Over here, you have to work for your pay. There's nothing like you miss work for a day or two but still get your full salary as it is in Nigeria. You don't work your hours, you don't get paid. Your landlord will not come to knock at your door for rent, you don't pay by the first day of the month, you stand the risk of being booted out. No long thing!

If you have the opportunity to japa, please take it but prepare yourself for the initial rough period you will pass through. Except of course you come with plenty cash from naija.

Peace.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by jesmond3945: 11:54am On Sep 13, 2023
doggedfighter:
If only abroad people will just stay their abroad and leave us to decide what's good for us.

All these unsolicited advices make it look like Nigerians are living in a cave and don't know what's obtainable out there.

Stop advising us from abroad.

Enough !!

the thing is japa is good. We should encourage it. The japa people contribute to the economy and well being.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / Taxify Driver Who Fingered A Drunk Passenger Reported

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81