Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa (27541 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Vicjnr08: 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hamachi:
My Auntie was NEVER going to leave Nigeria for anything, she later left for Canada after small pressure. The dad died and she fainted 5 times during the father's burial as a result of stress and heat. Immediately the father was buried she didn't spend 72hrs in a Nigeria. All the property the dad left for her she told them to sell as she's not interested in coming back.
Hahaha 🤪🤪 person wey don dey calculate how much shey don dey lose per hour for niger… alaye japa back overs under 72 hours 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by SeriouslySense(m): 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Its sad, we can do better as a people.
zumbigbo:

One cold bottle of Alomo Bitters for you. The mentality is rotten. Here in the UK, lete give you yarn.

One young fresh Naija bobo joined my college and wanted to join the football team, he told me. Sir I want to make money. First training session, bobo no even manage trap bell talk less of a simple pass. He gave up, when I next saw him he said he was trading bitcoin, 3 months later, he was arrested for credit card fraud. E don cast for Naija
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ogbonti: 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Deco7:

Abeg o. I no just come abroad. I dey cum your street cum stay

😂😂😂😂

no na the money dey every whee for al the abroad 😂😂😂
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Blissbath(f): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
Acquiring an experience in teaching hospital as a student nurse,I have concluded that nothing can make me work here as nurse.

There is no equipment,no staff and you improvise for everything.

There is this incident that happened two weeks ago, this teaching hospital had a mass casualty and they were brought to Accident and Emergency ward.

Could you believe that it was only one causlty Doctor and 4 nurses that was on shift and 13 people were injured.

The doctor was tired to set line for IV , only one Bp apparatus,no pulse oximeter.The only thing we were able to do was to give normal saline n IM paracetamol finish.They were left on d floor to help themselves.

Imagine using one BP apparatus to check blood pressure for 13 persons with wound on their arms,I am so sorry for them because some will contact diseases through that means especially HIV or Hepatitis.

Or is it last month that doctors went on strike, some people brought on eemergency died in the hospital because of no doctor.

I do pray everyday that nothing happens to me or my family that will make us go to teaching or state hospital.
Because you might not come out alive ,God forbid.

Someone will be brought to the hospital for emergency, doctors and nurses doesn't care.

Or is it the one that happened 5months ago,a patient had a successful surgery,he was brought to New surgical ward for postoperative care,on checking his SPO2,it was below 95 % and there was no oxygen to give to him.

He died right before our own very eyes .

Or is it the one that during CS,there will be power failure, surgeons will have to use torch light.

Omo, experience too plenty.If you have the means to Japa,biko do it.
Everything is not about money,at the end of the day quality of life is more important than quantity of life lived.

May God Sha protect and help us.

The say experience is the best teacher

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Realguyman1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
TheGift:
They are telling you people from experience but you won't hear. So go and see for yourself.

For those asking why they don't come back, some do, but many don't because they can't. They sold everything to Japa. There is nothing to come back to. But bills from
People who expect that they should have become multi millionaires in Naira, by now.
Most of them who couldn't make it there are the ones doing themselves looking for white-collar jobs, or looking for something to do that will fetch them money instantly (like pushing drugs). Africa education don't count over there, one must go through their educational system before one can be considered.

U can't have a skill ( especially vocational skills) in US, Canada, Australia or Europe and not been employed "It's impossible". And those guys with skills are making it big over there because they are well paid for their services.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by sulaak(m): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
descarado:

You lie with confidence

You don't want to hear the truth; hence you call me a liar. Please japa but don't complain.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by dododawa1: 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2023
Deco7:

I swear down. Ikotun, Abaranje and Ijegun has stayed the same way since two decades back
d area is peaceful but LIGHT Na zero
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 4:12am On Sep 14, 2023
dododawa1:
d area is peaceful but LIGHT Na zero

It's been that way since 1999. Now calculate the number of years of stagnation
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by AntiTerrorist: 4:33am On Sep 14, 2023
sulaak:

The number of new Nigerian immigrants complaining about hardship and difficulties has increased exponentially, One of the reasons is that Western economies are encountering severe economic hardship and new immigrants are finding it difficult to sustain affordable housing and income when working in professions such as care workers, nurses and junior doctors.
You are still doing the same thing the OP is talking about. You are a stubborn 🐐.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by AntiTerrorist: 4:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Gerrard59:
In most cases, the bond that binds them is their unwavering love for APC. In almost all cases, they campaigned and voted for Buhari win 2015, who destroyed the Nigerian economy with his stoopid and feudalistic policies. In some cases, they emigrated during their youthful age, obtained an education, got working experience and became naturalised citizens in their newfound land. Today, they vomit the gospel that other young Nigerians should not become "economic migrants". Others, na frustration wan kill them as they languished in prisons due to drug trafficking and yahoo yahoo. So, seeing younger ones excelling in the same countries, they misused the opportunities dey pain them for heart.

In summary, we will judge by 2030 - 2033 whether the decision to japa was a good one. Hopefully, everyone will be here to drop nuggets as usual.

https://www.nairaland.com/7778685/why-apc-supporters-against-relocation
I'm happy am not the only one who observe this about APC supporters. They are despicable people.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by elonize(m): 6:38am On Sep 14, 2023
planetx:
What Interview?
embassy interview... I mean eats d question asked
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 6:38am On Sep 14, 2023
Blissbath:
Acquiring an experience in teaching hospital as a student nurse,I have concluded that nothing can make me work here as nurse.

There is this incident that happened two weeks ago, this teaching hospital had a mass casualty and they were brought to Accident and Emergency ward.

Could you believe that it was only one causlty Doctor and 4 nurses that was on shift and 13 people were injured.

The doctor was tired to set line for IV , only one Bp apparatus,no pulse oximeter.The only thing we were able to do was to give normal saline n IM paracetamol finish.They were left on d floor to help themselves.

Imagine using one BP apparatus to check blood pressure for 13 persons with wound on their arms,I am so sorry for them because some will contact diseases through that means especially HIV or Hepatitis.

Or is it last month that doctors went on strike, some people brought on eemergency died in the hospital because of no doctor.

I do pray everyday that nothing happens to me or my family that will make us go to teaching or state hospital.

Someone will be brought to the hospital for emergency, doctors and nurses doesn't care.

Or is it the one that happened 5months ago,a patient had a successful surgery,he was brought to New surgical ward for postoperative care,on checking his SPO2,it was below 95 % and there was no oxygen to give to him.

Or is it the one that during CS,there will be power failure, surgeons will have to use torch light.

Everything is not about money,at the end of the day quality of life is more important than quantity of life lived.

The behavior of our medical personnel in Nigeria is what leads to many countless deaths. I've seen victims firsthand and have also been a victim. I was sick and mustered the last energy I had to get to a public hospital even at that time o was bouyant to go to a private. The devil made me patriotic that day saying patronize Nigeria. I used my last energy to get an hospital card and was directed to the pharmacy and an attendant section. When I got there knowing I would faint in minutes I brought all the cash I had went to some group of nurses I saw gossiping, dropped the entire 10-17k or so this was like eight years back or so. That money was around the value of 30k today, the prescription I was given and my card. My dear sister. I fainted there but I said take my money treat me, dropped all the cash and the hospital documents.

I fainted woke up fainted back, woke up, vommitted all over myself, became paralyzed and couldn't walk, pee on myself. Your sister nurses turned the side and left me with their gossip. After the third time of me waking up with my inability to see clearly and everything had become foggy and cloudy.

I could only get a glimpse of the nurse who was to attend to me takeup her bag, ofcourse appearing like one in a haste to see her lover.

It felt like I would die that day.

The God I serve wouldn't dissapoint me. An old nurse in her sixties who observed the scene rushed to me. Had me carried on a stretcher. And I was attended to.

That was how I escaped being killed by Nigeria on that day. God looked at mye with mercy and saved me Himself o

The Nigerian medical system is a death system. From doctors to nurses everyone acts with the mentality that we see deaths every now and death so no big deal you can die. So many Nigerians are ignorant about this yet carry their wards to state hospitals.

In my very presence the days I spent there, atleast three person's died.

My sister was admitted at Military Hospital Yaba too, during the times she spent there 80% of people they take there die. These are issues regular NIGERIANS do not know about of have knowledge of

Our hospital heads have been compromised and have made covenant with the devil's to kill people. Many people don't know. They deliberately ignore peope so that they die and reap souls for the devil.

I've seen it first hand. I'll even dare to say 80% of severe cases or cases that would have been resolved end up in deaths in our states hospitals as a result of the rigged system

From Lagos state teaching hospital, LUTH to military hospital to the IFO state hospital, my dear Nigerians all state hospitals have now been conevnantes with coverns so that people are killed deliberately from lack of proper medical attention

If any doctor can dare counter me, I will only ask something, provide a recorded.of deaths in state hospitals on a monthly basis over the past 20 years. If you all see this list, you will see that our state hospitals, both state and federal managed are nothing but Lucifer's death camp

I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Deco7: 6:41am On Sep 14, 2023
What's up NekkyCee

You won't even reply my DM if I were to send it. God sees you sha
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Gerrard59(m): 6:49am On Sep 14, 2023
TheEnforcer:
Hes been sarcastic and mocking those who wanna move.You don't get him?In the real sense,he means those who have plum jobs like deployment shouldn't move

That is not true. There is nothing wrong with a Deloitte staff in Nigeria opting to work in the US. An L1 visa does the magic. He lied that the individual needs to use a visitor visa or sell his/her properties.

What he wrote is not sarcastic, but a lie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by cococandy(f): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2023
cry cry cry
opicgif:
STORY 2
my neighbors son was robbed last month, august 2023,
he was fortunate to reach out to me, and others, and we were able to inform the police to go to his estate
this was around 1am

the police went to the estate,
arrested everybody in the estate,
in the middle of the night
accused the tenants of having an insider amongst there midst
threatened to shoot them all if they don't confess
beat them all mercilessly

we bailed him that night for 150k.
we bailed the person that called the police for help, for 150k
the others who couldn't pay slept in station for days

STORY 3
in 2019, i was robbed in my house,
my phone was stolen
i hid my drone and other valuables
the phone was worth about 60k
i went to the police station (kala police station, ikwerre road)
the police asked me for 100k to 'start investigations'
i was perplexed, and queried the reason behind this
the police threatened to 'deal with me' and arrest me for making 'false report'
a state commissioner came into the police station with some people he had arrested with his personal police security
all the police men left me to hail him, he dropped some money for them as well as the people he arrested
i ran out of the police station

STORY 4
the former governor of bayelsa state. alameseigha, a multi billionaire died in UPTH
because they had to drive him a very long distance to the hospital, if i remeber correctly, from bayelsa to rivers state
a billionaire!
for something that in 'the abroad', an ambulance would have been ready in minutes,
he drove for hours

STORY 5
when we had my 2nd child, she fell ill at 4days and we rushed her to UPTH Uniport
we stayed there for about 2 weeks at SCBU
i saw a man and his wife lose one of their twins, and a cleaner, not a doctor, not a nurse, a cleaner
came out and met the man with a list of things to buy fro the pharmacy and said
oga one pikin don die, go buy these things before the 2nd pikin die
i knelt down at the car park that night and cried to God that nothing should ever take me to any teaching hospital in Nigera

i saw mothers abused, cursed by doctors and nurses
these same doctors will travel abroad and behave completely differently
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Solanaa: 8:47am On Sep 14, 2023
Blissbath:

This shattered my heart a lot, Thanks for the insight.

I don't know who cursed the average black race.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Blissbath(f): 8:47am On Sep 14, 2023
Thank God for your life.The health sector is short staff.

And no disciplinary team to monitor staff.
Deco7:

The behavior of our medical personnel in Nigeria is what leads to many countless deaths. I've seen victims firsthand and have also been a victim. I was sick and mustered the last energy I had to get to a public hospital even at that time o was bouyant to go to a private. The devil made me patriotic that day saying patronize Nigeria. I used my last energy to get an hospital card and was directed to the pharmacy and an attendant section. When I got there knowing I would faint in minutes I brought all the cash I had went to some group of nurses I saw gossiping, dropped the entire 10-17k or so this was like eight years back or so. That money was around the value of 30k today, the prescription I was given and my card. My dear sister. I fainted there but I said take my money treat me, dropped all the cash and the hospital documents.

I fainted woke up fainted back, woke up, vommitted all over myself, became paralyzed and couldn't walk, pee on myself. Your sister nurses turned the side and left me with their gossip. After the third time of me waking up with my inability to see clearly and everything had become foggy and cloudy.

I could only get a glimpse of the nurse who was to attend to me takeup her bag, ofcourse appearing like one in a haste to see her lover.

It felt like I would die that day.

The God I serve wouldn't dissapoint me. An old nurse in her sixties who observed the scene rushed to me. Had me carried on a stretcher. And I was attended to.

That was how I escaped being killed by Nigeria on that day. God looked at mye with mercy and saved me Himself o

The Nigerian medical system is a death system. From doctors to nurses everyone acts with the mentality that we see deaths every now and death so no big deal you can die. So many Nigerians are ignorant about this yet carry their wards to state hospitals.

In my very presence the days I spent there, atleast three person's died.

My sister was admitted at Military Hospital Yaba too, during the times she spent there 80% of people they take there die. These are issues regular NIGERIANS do not know about of have knowledge of

Our hospital heads have been compromised and have made covenant with the devil's to kill people. Many people don't know. They deliberately ignore peope so that they die and reap souls for the devil.

I've seen it first hand. I'll even dare to say 80% of severe cases or cases that would have been resolved end up in deaths in our states hospitals as a result of the rigged system

From Lagos state teaching hospital, LUTH to military hospital to the IFO state hospital, my dear Nigerians all state hospitals have now been conevnantes with coverns so that people are killed deliberately from lack of proper medical attention

If any doctor can dare counter me, I will only ask something, provide a recorded.of deaths in state hospitals on a monthly basis over the past 20 years. If you all see this list, you will see that our state hospitals, both state and federal managed are nothing but Lucifer's death camp

I come in peace
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by cococandy(f): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2023
I know a lawyer with her own practice and a bank manager (both women) that left and are working as CNAs (not RNs) in California. Union hospital, so it’s better pay than regular hospitals however they are nursing assistants nonetheless and they BOTH say it was the best decision they ever made.

A lawyer with her own practice and a bank manager!. Honestly that shook me to my core to realize how bad things have become. At least it’s gotten very bad for some people. So I won’t advise anyone on what to do. If I knew them before they left, I would have said “don’t leave your prestigious job for assistant job in the hospital”. But they both confirmed it was a great decision for them. I guess everyone’s story can’t be the same

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Blissbath(f): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2023
Solanaa:

This shattered my heart a lot, Thanks for the insight.

I don't know who cursed the average black race.
Na man do man.No too reason am.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by opicgif: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2023
NairaMaster1:

They are telling you from experience. You analogies are not related to the advice. I have travelled a lot and I feel fo my classmates overseas. It's not easy over there. BUT YOU ARE FREE TO GO
these are my experiences, not analogies
and i didn't say i am not free to go
enjoy your day
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TheEnforcer: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
Gerrard59:

That is not true. There is nothing wrong with a Deloitte staff in Nigeria opting to work in the US. An L1 visa does the magic. He lied that the individual needs to use a visitor visa or sell his/her properties.

What he wrote is not sarcastic, but a lie.
He said don't even move by legal means,just go through a visiting visa.In essence he knows that moving through a legal means like having a work permit or residence card makes things easier,but he says they should move through visiting visa knowing things will be more difficult through that route.But then to each his own
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TheGift: 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
Realguyman1:
Most of them who couldn't make it there are the ones doing themselves looking for white-collar jobs, or looking for something to do that will fetch them money instantly (like pushing drugs). Africa education don't count over there, one must go through their educational system before one can be considered.

U can't have a skill ( especially vocational skills) in US, Canada, Australia or Europe and not been employed "It's impossible". And those guys with skills are making it big over there because they are well paid for their services.

This is a very vaiid point you have raised here. I know this for a fact.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Hamachi(f): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2023
Bertino:
I been dey scroll through this thread for this perspective. I dey UK, but relocating back home in a few weeks. So my narrative is for UK.
I go rather go back Nigeriato face wetin I sabi. Than spend years of my life searching for what isn't missing. You will always be second citizens, restricted on the type of jobs you can perform, the level you can get to. Not full blown in your face racism, subtle legislation that will put you in check. If you want that, by all means.
shocked why na?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Hamachi(f): 7:29am On Sep 15, 2023
grin
sonofthunder:

Your auntie no get joy oh.... Lol

Zéro interest in returning
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Hamachi(f): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2023
planetx:
Super story not interested in coming back indeed, the same property 99% of Nigerians living abroad are trying to build back in the same NIG. So when she is old she will tell them to dump her in a old people's home in Canada because she gave up all her father's properties in Nigeria.
What makes you think they would dump her in old people's home?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by gfon(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2023
wwwtortoise:
Allow people do what they desire. No manual in this rat race.

Migration have been happening since time immemorial. In the Bible there came a time when Israelites had mass exodus from Israel to Egypt in search of greener pastures.

Nigerians are not even top list of most immigrants to Europe.

I left early this year and every morning I wake up over here, I give thanks to God for availing me this opportunity and experience.

where you at boss and what's the process? I'm tired of this country, it's messing up my mental health
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Obierika(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2023
Blissbath:

An average Nigerian's ambition should be to always have the financial wherewithal to afford private medicare
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Obierika(m): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
Sweetvie:
Japa when you're young with little or no responsibilities.

This is the best advise for anyone who wants to leave Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Blissbath(f): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obierika:

An average Nigerian's ambition should be to always have the financial wherewithal to afford private medicare

True... but you never can say when it's an emergency.

And probably you are involved in road transportation accident or cardiac arrest or just anything can happen in which you are unconscious.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Kingdolla: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
I never made up my mind to jakpa. But anybody advising anyone not to jakpa is a wicked soul, a devil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Promoter2: 9:54am On Mar 18
Promoter2:
Please japa, that’s the best advise I can give. Find money and japa.

How far today? Japa if you can!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / Taxify Driver Who Fingered A Drunk Passenger Reported

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.