Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,550 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa (27542 Views)

How Do Families Pay Tens Of Millions To Japa Without Getting Ulcers / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad / Why Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Listening To Phrankleen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by IyaTola: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2023
cool
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Chetas81(m): 10:59am On Sep 13, 2023
1Sharon:

The same reason why Nigerians In big cities aren't relocating to their villages when they face hardships.

The people that truly need to japa are not the ones that are japaing.
only mad citizen failed to develop their motherland, those who japa, failed their contribution here in Nigeria, someone should tell us, this guy's have any tangible contribution, to the country they want to go

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Bfly: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2023
To ask them for short term accommodation na big wahala. They always believe other Nigerians coming there might constitute problems to their easy life.

Africans especially Nigerians need to really be cured from this chronic self-hate syndrome.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Dauphine: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2023
Was waiting for this thread 😂
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by CandidAdmin(m): 11:02am On Sep 13, 2023
I just can't stop laughing at the comments.

Food for thought - An average human is criminally minded, but an average Nigerian is criminally minded with a power of two.

My siggy!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TongueTwista(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2023
OP,
Na you even get time dey tell stories to buttress your point.

The young lady who created the thread in reference, but not for modern day decency, would have earned sound slaps to both sides of the face.

To think she confidently sat down to type that nonsensical epistle with her disjointed grammar despite her over 25years in Western countries, should tell the public how dim-witted she is.

I don't even know what motivates some Nigerians in diaspora to create online contents discouraging others from exploring the world, if they have the resources to afford it. Those are the kind of irritants you'll put in leadership positions and their greed would dwarf Bola Tinubu's penchant for commonwealth thievery. They want things to go right for just themselves. They're worried that a concentration of blacks in that comfort zone of theirs is going to change the dynamics of how they live in basic grandeur.

Some Nigerians are just a cruel lot!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by PinkNature: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2023
Japa when you have the opportunity.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by sulaak(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
this is in response to this post that made front page today: https://www.nairaland.com/7834477/japa-fever-among-nigerian-youths

story 1:
i had an uncle who always complained about his job.
he worked in an oil company.
he told me to pursue my dreams (i used to be a music producer in the university) and how life is not all about making money
he complained he didn't have time for his family and how we wishes he could spend time with his children
he complained about how he's underpaid compared to expatriates
he complained so much, we (the family) actually had pity on him
long story short, we had an insider in the company (from our church) who told us,
my uncle was the person blocking my elder brother from getting a job in same company
he (the insider) was shocked we were related to him (my uncle)
he called our uncle in my fathers presence, who told him: do you want that small boy to overtake me in the family
my uncle didn't know the phone was on speaker!!!
this was 2008.

its easy for a beautiful girl with so many rich suitors to tell her 'not so fine' friends with only one suitor life is not about marriage
its easy for a rich person to tell a broke person life is not about money
its easy for someone in canada/US/europe to tell you in Nigeria the grass isn't greener abroad

someone who doesn't buy fuel for gen,
someone who doesn't sleep with multiple lecturers for marks in the university
someone who isn't slapped, abused and insulted in the hospital (like it happens in teaching hospitals in Nigeria)
SHOULD NOT TELL NIGERIANS ANYTHING ABOUT RELOCATING ABROAD

The number of new Nigerian immigrants complaining about hardship and difficulties has increased exponentially, One of the reasons is that Western economies are encountering severe economic hardship and new immigrants are finding it difficult to sustain affordable housing and income when working in professions such as care workers, nurses and junior doctors.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Chetas81(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2023
YOU DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD CONTRIBUTION,IN YOUR MOTHERLAND, YOU THINK YOU HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO CONTRIBUTE IN ABROAD, REMAIN HERE IF YOU HAVE THE IDEA TO DEVELOPED YOUR MOTHERLAND

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by thesicilian: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2023
There are merits to both sides
When someone advises you, you carefully weigh the pros and cons. It often doesn't pay to wave it all off as someone trying to keep you down.

For example, if someone who lives in a particular country cannot tell you how that place is, who else can? While some may just be chasing clout and others trying to make a daily hustle through YouTube and other platforms, I believe the major reason some give advice is not so much as discourage you from coming, but for you to be able to prepare financially, mentally/psychologically and otherwise so you don't face the initial hardships they did. That is how I see it.

Different strokes for different folks though.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Gerrard59(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2023
In most cases, the bond that binds them is their unwavering love for APC. In almost all cases, they campaigned and voted for Buhari win 2015, who destroyed the Nigerian economy with his stoopid and feudalistic policies. In some cases, they emigrated during their youthful age, obtained an education, got working experience and became naturalised citizens in their newfound land. Today, they vomit the gospel that other young Nigerians should not become "economic migrants". Others, na frustration wan kill them as they languished in prisons due to drug trafficking and yahoo yahoo. So, seeing younger ones excelling in the same countries, they misused the opportunities dey pain them for heart.

In summary, we will judge by 2030 - 2033 whether the decision to japa was a good one. Hopefully, everyone will be here to drop nuggets as usual.

https://www.nairaland.com/7778685/why-apc-supporters-against-relocation

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TongueTwista(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2023
Texas has the highest concentration of Nigerians in the US, but when you get there and are fortunate enough to meet your fellow Nigerian at the mall or in the train station, he or she will avoid you like you're the very face of the Covid-19 pandemic. And this nonsense mostly exists between Southerners in the diaspora. You will hardly find an Aboki in Dallas or Chicago, ignoring or looking down on another Aboki. Na we just dey foolish dey go!

Very evil, stupid and self-centered lot!

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by ToladolVentures(m): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2023
We ship to over 200 countries worldwide as we offer the most efficient Shipping solution for you and your business.

Are you still wondering how to Export your items from Nigeria to Anywhere in US, CANADA AND UK or the rest of the world?

Ship and import all kind of goods and foods from Nigeria into other countries.
From FOOD ITEMS, ART WORKS, GIFT ITEMS, HOUSEHOLD ITEMS, EXCESS BAGGAGE, CLOTHES, SHOES, BAGS, GROCERIES etc.....

We offer both Global Doorstep delivery and Local delivery.
We ship from Nigeria to all destination and import into Nigeria from anywhere in the world.

We have the expertise and experience to get your freight where you want, ON TIME and in it's original condition.
We are professionals when it comes to Import/Export, Logistics, e-commerce, Cargo and procurement.

Contact us for your next shipping:
Phone Number:
+234 808 129 0461
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 13, 2023
God knows I don't like abroad

Nigeria is very sweet all we need is good governance

Holidays and running some other things there are ok and back to my Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2023
Nobody should tell me not to japa they should keep their yeye advice to themselves they are not in the position to tell us whether to relocate or not

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TongueTwista(m): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
YOU DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD CONTRIBUTION,IN YOUR MOTHERLAND, YOU THINK YOU HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO CONTRIBUTE IN ABROAD, REMAIN HERE IF YOU HAVE THE IDEA TO DEVELOPED YOUR MOTHERLAND

What's your business with where a human decides to go to contribute his or her quota to societal development? When did you become the spokesperson of the United Nations?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Nobody should tell me not to japa
So that's how you'll miss Asiwaju's good government
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by franchasofficia: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2023
How can any sensible Nigerian not want his or her kids trained abroad or have an abroad backup plan after watching Bola Tinubu a known criminal, a known Lagos state treasury looter that captured Lagos state politically using ill gotten wealth + high level rituals/occultism and then used the massive Lagos state treasury he has stolen for decades to sponsor the downfall of Goodluck Jonathan and made Buhari President and thereafter used same Lagos treasury he looted to buy every buyable person in Nigeria to become President against the wishes of majority of reasonable Nigerians and every Nigerian is shut down because Bola Tinubu has stolen so much of Lagos wealth for decades that have made him a demigod in Yoruba politics and gradually in Nigerian politics of some regions.

Yet some Nigerians think Nigeria have any hope of becoming a great country? A country where competence and merit doesn't count but rather criminality, fraud, thuggery, occultism, spiritism, juju worship and all manner of barbarism reign supreme.

God forbid!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by casualobserver: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2023
Fahvvy:
I

My advice to anyone reading this is simple...
If you have what it takes to leave this country and you want to do so, PLEASE LEAVE ASAP!

But do your research well before leaving...

Advising people to go is just as bad as advising people not to go. Everybody’s circumstance is different. Let people make up their own minds. I lived abroad for 2 decades, I had a fantastic job, I still have a house there, I am a citizen so I can go back if I want but I came back voluntarily and I will never go back. Nigeria is hard but for me there is peace, sense of belonging, I have in Nigeria I never had in the UK. Eventually you will realize these things matter.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Mosba: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2023
opicgif:
this is in response to this post that made front page today: https://www.nairaland.com/7834477/japa-fever-among-nigerian-youths

story 1:
i had an uncle who always complained about his job.
he worked in an oil company.
he told me to pursue my dreams (i used to be a music producer in the university) and how life is not all about making money
he complained he didn't have time for his family and how we wishes he could spend time with his children
he complained about how he's underpaid compared to expatriates
he complained so much, we (the family) actually had pity on him
long story short, we had an insider in the company (from our church) who told us,
my uncle was the person blocking my elder brother from getting a job in same company
he (the insider) was shocked we were related to him (my uncle)
he called our uncle in my fathers presence, who told him: do you want that small boy to overtake me in the family
my uncle didn't know the phone was on speaker!!!
this was 2008.

its easy for a beautiful girl with so many rich suitors to tell her 'not so fine' friends with only one suitor life is not about marriage
its easy for a rich person to tell a broke person life is not about money
its easy for someone in canada/US/europe to tell you in Nigeria the grass isn't greener abroad

someone who doesn't buy fuel for gen,
someone who doesn't sleep with multiple lecturers for marks in the university
someone who isn't slapped, abused and insulted in the hospital (like it happens in teaching hospitals in Nigeria)
SHOULD NOT TELL NIGERIANS ANYTHING ABOUT RELOCATING ABROAD

God bless you my person, I have a friend who travelled to UK 5months ago, we used to rough things together back then, guess what? he sent 200,000k to me last week. To him he only sent about £200 and my account don full. In Nigeria of today, as a bloody civil servant who must have spent the salary finished and started borrowing to limp towards month end, that money brought great relief. Subsidy removed, no salary increment under what is democramilitary kind of government. By my calculation, government isn't even paying enough for only feeding for most staff and they expect you at work? If I get means, I will not only Japa but I will forbid my children from coming back to make a visit to Nigeria in future. Anyone saying don't join us in UK, Canada etc should be regarded for what he/she is, selfish dick

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by able20(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2023
HYDEEE:
It is not suprising we Nigerians dislike our fellow countrymen, they take everything as competiton. In their mind they think if they discourage others from coming over they will experience less competition.
Maybe, Nigerians at home should stop asking Nigerians in the Diaspora for any financial
Help or immigration advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:11am On Sep 13, 2023
IconicR:
Do that's how you'll miss Asiwaju's good government
I won't miss it I will be coming to Nigeria once a while

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:11am On Sep 13, 2023
Lanretoye:
And them no gree return,the fact is that the more Nigerians flow in the less the opportunity the see there.
Na jealously they worry them

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by wisdomkid: 11:11am On Sep 13, 2023
This is why if you want to leave Nigeria, please do it the right way. and Not cause issues to the natives, go for like season worker visa, scholarships, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Kobicove(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2023
OP don vex grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by AllBlack: 11:18am On Sep 13, 2023
Hamachi:
If you have a good paying salary, wife and kids, don't leave all that only to travel to start afresh again. It will take you average 15-20yrs to get the level you are right now.

15-20 years of which you are 100% sure that you will not need to buy fuel in kegs for generator or beg the government for your own rights. no more generator noise. no more power outage.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Pootle: 11:18am On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:
only mad citizen failed to develop their motherland, those who japa, failed their contribution here in Nigeria, someone should tell us, this guy's have any tangible contribution, to the country they want to go

the truth...unfortunately third world are wired that way.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Cineinfo(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2023
Chetas81:

Develop? As a developer they are. Right?
You can help develop...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by Chetas81(m): 11:19am On Sep 13, 2023
TongueTwista:

What's your business with where a human decides to go to contribute his or her quota to societal development? When did you become the spokesperson of the United Nations?
mentally sick people living in Nigeria, that is why, you guys prefer to be slave somewhere else around the globe 🌎 the Nigerian citizen like you are insult to the country called Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by onuman: 11:20am On Sep 13, 2023
It is Tinubu's APC which reduced Nigeria to become the official poverty capital of the world that is literally forcing Nigerians to escape Nigeria. As these Nigerians, mostly from the south escape Nigeria, people from the Sahel region of West Africa come down to the south to occupy the spaces left behind by the escapees in the south.
Tinubu took the south of Nigeria to an unreasonable alliance in 2015 for his own political interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Should Stop Advising Nigerians NOT To Japa by TheGift: 11:20am On Sep 13, 2023
They are telling you people from experience but you won't hear. So go and see for yourself.

For those asking why they don't come back, some do, but many don't because they can't. They sold everything to Japa. There is nothing to come back to. But bills from
People who expect that they should have become multi millionaires in Naira, by now.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Truck Plunges Into River In Kogi, Kills Seven. Photos / Taxify Driver Who Fingered A Drunk Passenger Reported

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.