Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money (15806 Views)

Man Shares Message He Received From His House Cleaner Who Was Asking Him Out / Prostitutes Force Man Without Money To Pay For Sex To Wash Their Clothes (Video) / 'No Guy Will Buy You N2500 Coldstone & N4000 Pizza Without Asking For Reward' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Gajagojo: 6:24am On Sep 17, 2023
Vijuchoco:
I don't need to ask, he'll give me on his own tongue
why? Should he give you money?
What are you selling.?I
Why can't you give him money instead?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by GoodRocks: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2023
Shalommy:
And there is no crime for her to ask you for money if she's in need.

If she needs money, what stops her from working and making her own money to earn a living ? Why must it always be man all the time? Why does she depend on a man for survival? So without man you won't eat?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by GoodRocks: 6:47am On Sep 17, 2023
Vijuchoco:
I don't need to ask, he'll give me on his own tongue

Why exactly should he give you money?

What exactly are you selling that requires him to purchase and Pay you for it? Why can't you give him money instead or do you hate him?
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by GoodRocks: 6:50am On Sep 17, 2023
Shalommy:
As a man, if you don't wanna spend on a lady then stay on your own. Is it too difficult?

Why exactly must he spend on you? For what reason? What do you sell for him to patronize you? Or are you into hookup?

Men have been staying on their own but your gender keeps chasing after men! They now go to churches and wear wedding gowns while desperately praying for any man to settle down with. I'm sure you're blind to that?

No go hustle and make your own money, be waiting for a man that'll come and take away your poverty stricken life

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by GoodRocks: 6:51am On Sep 17, 2023
Shalommy:
It's trade by barter. tongue

You would have simply said you're an olosho na!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by GoodRocks: 6:59am On Sep 17, 2023
mariahAngel:

Emotional blackmail as always!
Most of you guys are fond of twisting things to suit your interest.

Simple question; can you be in a relationship without sex?

A woman cannot stay in a relationship without sex! Proven facts!

She enjoys the sex far more than a man does! So who needs it more? Madam an average Nigerian girl cannot stay 2 weeks without sex else she masturbates. So what nonsense are you saying? U think a man's life depends on sex or what?

Besides sex is meant to be enjoyed and the woman enjoys it more. To answer your questions a man can be in a relationship without asking for SEX! There are prostitutes everywhere he can go to. Except of course you're one of them Hence you think you can bill him because you're giving him kpekpus you enjoyed more than him. In a loose sense na you suppose pay that Young man for servicing your engine

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Vijuchoco(f): 7:34am On Sep 17, 2023
Gajagojo:
why? Should he give you money?
What are you selling.?I
Why can't you give him money instead?
Well, I just feel it's the natural order of things..

My nieces and nephews visit me, I give them money. Most times, I go out and I give whoever attends to me something, money or gift. It's not like is anyone's right, it just feels like the sane thing to do.
And just so you know, I've also assisted guys financially so no big deal abeg.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Gajagojo: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Well, I just feel it's the natural order of things..

My nieces and nephews visit me, I give them money. Most times, I go out and I give whoever attends to me something, money or gift. It's not like is anyone's right, it just feels like the sane thing to do.
And just so you know, I've also assisted guys financially so no big deal abeg.
It is the natural order of things to pay for services rendered
I think people should be upfront about the services they provide and their fees.

It feels like the sane thing to do for whoever gets the most benefit to pay for it . E.g sugar mummies will pay toyboys and vice versa The issue here is the Nigerian context and mindset of Nigerian women that it is the sane thing to do to be paid by their lovers
In my travels I found it is not so everywhere and it is a very prominent thing among Nigerian women. I just have a problem with pretending it is not transactional
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Vijuchoco(f): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

It is the natural order of things to pay for services rendered
I think people should be upfront about the services they provide and their fees.

It feels like the sane thing to do for whoever gets the most benefit to pay for it . E.g sugar mummies will pay toyboys and vice versa The issue here is the Nigerian context and mindset of Nigerian women that it is the sane thing to do to be paid by their lovers
In my travels I found it is not so everywhere and it is a very prominent thing among Nigerian women. I just have a problem with pretending it is not transactional
Eh God! cheesy grin
I don't see it as transactional though, it's more like gender roles in my opinion..
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Gajagojo: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Eh God! cheesy grin
I don't see it as transactional though, it's more like gender roles in my opinion..

cheesy
There is no contradiction.
Even in transaction there are gender roles men tend to pay female prostitutes most of the time
Like I said Nigerian women see it differently from other places and even then that varies with social class.Upper and upper middle class Nigerian women tend to be more financially independent.
It ultimately comes down to background and need. If a person has sufficient money for all her needs she won't need anyone to give her money
If she grew up in the trenches or close by she has that mentality of entitlement to remuneration
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Vijuchoco(f): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

cheesy
There is no contradiction.
Even in transaction there are gender roles men tend to pay female prostitutes most of the time
Like I said Nigerian women see it differently from other places and even then that varies with social class.Upper and upper middle class Nigerian women tend to be more financially independent.
It ultimately comes down to background and need. If a person has sufficient money for all her needs she won't need anyone to give her money
If she grew up in the trenches or close by she has that mentality of entitlement to remuneration
Hmmmm..
My mum was the pillar in our home and somehow even as a child, I just had a strong feeling within me that it shouldn't be so. Not like I ever saw my parents quarrel or anything, I just didn't like it..
I later went on to live with my uncle, where he's mostly in charge and I really admired that, seemed the ideal way to me.

For instance, when I go out with a guy, I don't expect to bring out my money to pay not because I can't afford it but because I see it as somehow.. But if there's need, I would gladly assist
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Gajagojo: 11:38am On Sep 17, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Hmmmm..
My mum was the pillar in our home and somehow even as a child, I just had a strong feeling within me that it shouldn't be so. Not like I ever saw my parents quarrel or anything, I just didn't like it..
I later went on to live with my uncle, where he's mostly in charge and I really admired that, seemed the ideal way to me.

For instance, when I go out with a guy, I don't expect to bring out my money to pay not because I can't afford it but because I see it as somehow.. But if there's need, I would gladly assist
This matters to me from the perspective of a parent and how to orient daughters
My daughters expect to pay when they go out with anybody
They are totally averse to any kind of Awuf.
When a woman pays her bills she avoids toxic relationships and is clear in her head why she is with a particular person.
There is nothing wrong in talking about money
What you are indirectly saying is You won't go out with a guy who has no money to pay for the outing. I don't judge you but remember Mama Peace dated Jonathan when he had no shoes.
Anyway Nigeria is tough. The only kind of outing in Nigeria is about food.
As a young man I have often said to a woman I have got two tickets let us go to a show or football game I would expect her to attempt to buy drinks or food when we get there. If she doesn't I simply cut off unless I am doing it for sex

Now A parent that is the orientation I give my daughters. Never go out without money in your pocket to pay your bill. Don't order what you cannot pay for and always pay it it costs more than Coke and biscuit A responsible woman who is genuine in a relationship must know her partners pocket and either contribute or avoid expenses that will harm him.
Nigerian women come with the attitude of O don't care where you find money just get it.
That is OK for some but don't pretend it is not transactional
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Vijuchoco(f): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

A responsible woman who is genuine in a relationship must know her partner's pocket and either contribute or avoid expenses that will harm him.
Of course
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by otosa(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2023
Shalommy:
Op... Can a guy date a lady without asking for sex?If yes, then i can date a guy without asking for money. undecided undecided Stupid question.
allow him to have sex with you is now a favor, that means giving you money is he paying for the service you render to him?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Pinkyposh(f): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
Tempulated:
Hello Ladies.

Can you date a man without asking him for money.

Of course that has always been my kind of relationship
Everything is not about money

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by placeofallure(f): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
that's like asking Nigeria girls to breath without oxygen, impossible!

It's possible. While I was still dating, I don't ask for money. Maybe I woulda asked if I dated a tightfisted guy(s) I have my self esteem to protect and it's very high, gbagbe! People I date see a need and just fill in the gap of their own volition. I'll never be at the mercy of any man, the reason why I always campaign that women should work and earn their own money.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Rrchrd(m): 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
Samantha124:
He should stay single... Because most broke men are easily threatened by successful women and will end up taking out their frustrations on the woman.

And a broke man will always see something wrong with the woman he's with, so it's best he stays single.
Hmmm!
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
Na my mother generation be that, not any of these 'woke' millennials. Those ones go bill you till your bank account balance go enter minimum deposit
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by 1Sharon(f): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2023
DyingFetus:
Girl way like go spend on you and no go let you spend your money

My ex was a pre med student, she no day ever let me spend my money on am always buying me gifts here and there
I had to leave the relationship because it made me feel worthless like I'm sort of a houseboy always getting gifts

You say you want a woman that is financially independent but when you get one, you can't handle it?
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
mariahAngel:

Would you be comfortable in a relationship where your woman does not ask you for anything?

Well I believe it's almost impossible for two parties to be in a relationship and not ask each other for absolutely nothing.

Depends on the Requests though. Truly I will be worried if she isn't making any requests and i believe same thing applies to her as well.

For example, I will always be available emotionally, communication, care etc.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
Pinkyposh:

Of course that has always been my kind of relationship
Everything is not about money

Hmmm are you really sure.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2023
1Sharon:

You say you want a woman that is financially independent but when you get one, you can't handle it?

If you are Single, I'm available.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
ismodiwa:
I dated her for 5 years before we finally got married last year, she only asked me for financial assistance once in 5years + she's an orphan..

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
austinofo:
For this Nigeria? grin

Yes It's possible believe me.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2023
Tempulated:
Hello Ladies. Can you date a man without asking him for money.
How many Nigerian men can date a woman without asking for sex? undecided
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
sonofthunder:

Why do you think the men like you are few?

Are you caught up in the matrix?

What is matrix?

I am unique in my own way and i know it.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How many Nigerian men can date a woman without asking for sex? undecided

This has been addressed on the front page of this Topic.

Most nigerian men ask for sex from women.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
omoharry:
Guys, can you date a lady without asking her for sex??

Yes sure.

Nigerian men have conditioned and configured their ladies mind and reasoning this way.

It's very worrisome.

Sex is not food, it's just a recreation activity. It is well.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
Pathfinder2090:

Bro stop sounding lik holy Michael
Life is give and take
Nothing is free even in Freetown

I am not sounding like angel gabriel.

Life is give and take with Sense.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2023
1Sharon:

Nairaland men and bravado.

Come make we Date jhoor.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2023
ajepako:
Question could also be

Can a man date me without asking for money and favors?

Fixed

Ma'am you be big woman na

You have money na. So you can both ne assisting each other.
Re: Ladies Can You Date A Man Without Asking Him For Money by Tempulated(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Yeahhh

I am financially stable
So yes

Wow this is Nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can You Date/marry A Woman With Stretch Marks? Pics(+18) / What Is The Best Pick Up Line You Have Ever Heard? / The Right Time For A Man To Rent An Apartment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.