Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) (5802 Views)

Zakari Mijinyawa Confirms Escape Of Nadeem Anjarwalla, Binance Executive / Lieutenants Bassey, Ademulegun, Maimalari, Umar & Aguiyi-Ironsi (Throwback Photo / Ahmad Lawan Appoints Babagana Aji As His Chief Of Staff (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Timothy89(m): 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
Irony1:

That guy that called for igbos to be killed. He was arrested in Oshogbo. Don't worry yours will be child's play. First Seun will be picked and trust me he will give up your profile details with ease.

haaa I'm scared you will track and arrest me eeya? you be mumu

you think everyone is mohbad that you people can threatened with life that I don't owned? fools that's what you're

where did I called for igbo to be killed in my post? dummy like you

be fast with your tracking device, I dey wait

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by LaRosa01: 12:04am On Sep 18, 2023
yes they did,Igbo have hated nigeria and all other tribes since day one,both they and the Fulani,is same thing greed,resources and power.we done tire make una go abeg.

Irony1:

Stop saying rubbish and stop being stupid and dense. Did all the igbos instruct ifeajuna to shoot his Boss? Did you forget that a Yoruba man Fajuyi provided tactical encouragement and support to the coup plotters. Stop being stupid abeg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by LaRosa01: 12:06am On Sep 18, 2023
small pikin,go enter another state make you see watin the people their go use your eye see.

Yujin:

Lol. See this onuku. Them tell you say Igboland na only the 5 SE states? You be thief?

1 Like

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:13am On Sep 18, 2023
LaRosa01:
yes they did,Igbo have hated nigeria and all other tribes since day one,both they and the Fulani,is same thing greed,resources and power.we done tire make una go abeg.

In what way did igbos authorize Ifeajuna to carry out the coup? This is how how guys just go about manufacturing lies. But let me warn you ethnic baiting is a criminal offence. The guy who threatened to kills igbos that was picked up in Oshogbo will be child's play compared to what will happen to you if you continue in this your unfortunate mission.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:16am On Sep 18, 2023
Timothy89:

haaa I'm scared you will track and arrest me eeya? you be mumu

you think everyone is mohbad that you people can threatened with life that I don't owned? fools that's what you're

where did I called for igbo to be killed in my post? dummy like you

be fast with your tracking device, I dey wait

Do you know what ethnic baiting is? It is not when one starts calling for the killing of a group of people. When you inadvertently spread hate that can result in mass action against a group of people that is ethnic baiting and it is a criminal offence. Your comments have been taken via screenshot and your profile marked. You will be monitored henceforth so when you are arrested do not say it is the devil's work.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by leokid866: 5:20am On Sep 18, 2023
garfield1:

Even in this book,he confirmed this
it's like you don't know these people don't read.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by leokid866: 5:30am On Sep 18, 2023
tishbite42:

And he also confirmed that the coup d'etat wasn't an Igbo one
How about that?!
How about his claim that they planned to release Awo and make him the PM?!
Don't be selective with your 'truth'
they planned to make him PM, but thought to themselves to first to put him in a prison in calabar, after all the road to PM runs through prison bars.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by tishbite42: 6:20am On Sep 18, 2023
leokid866:
they planned to make him PM, but thought to themselves to first to put him in a prison in calabar, after all the road to PM runs through prison bars.....
Balewa, Bello and Akintola imprisoned him
Not Igbos
Go and fight your slave masters
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Judgementa1: 6:24am On Sep 18, 2023
Irony1:

In what way did igbos authorize Ifeajuna to carry out the coup? This is how how guys just go about manufacturing lies. But let me warn you ethnic baiting is a criminal offence. The guy who threatened to kills igbos that was picked up in Oshogbo will be child's play compared to what will happen to you if you continue in this your unfortunate mission.

But balewa,akintola and sardunna killing were celebrated in the north and south east by the igbos.

Or have the forgotten the phrases " Igbo domination of Nigeria" which lead to Igbo massacre in the north.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by complexstuffs(m): 6:30am On Sep 18, 2023
Irony1:

Oga ethnic baiting is a crime that attracts jailtime. Your profile has been marked and you will be tracked I promise you this.

Stay away from mkporu mirri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Judgementa1: 6:30am On Sep 18, 2023
tishbite42:

Balewa, Bello and Akintola imprisoned him
Not Igbos
Go and fight your slave masters

Nzeogwu made several broadcast.

Where did he mentioned Awolowo will be released.

That was the lie sold to ademoyega by Nzeogwu and ifejuna for him to be part of the coup.

The real mastermind was Ironsi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by tishbite42: 6:42am On Sep 18, 2023
Judgementa1:

Nzeogwu made several broadcast.

Where did he mentioned Awolowo will be released.

That was the lie sold to ademoyega by Nzeogwu and ifejuna for him to be part of the coup.

The real mastermind was Ironsi.
Yoruba man, who imprisoned Awolowo?!
Slave!
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Judgementa1: 6:45am On Sep 18, 2023
tishbite42:

Yoruba man, who imprisoned Awolowo?!
Slave!

Azikwe and balewa. Igbo man.

3 Likes

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by NorthernersSuck: 6:46am On Sep 18, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Reasons why igbos will never be trusted with power

And the yorubas you trusted with power through thieffNubu don dey show una shege banza, hunger wey dey south wastee don make una dey steal bags of rice from a moving vehicle. This is just the beginning of the shege banza

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by tishbite42: 6:52am On Sep 18, 2023
Judgementa1:

Azikwe and balewa. Igbo man.
No be only Azikiwe, na Nnamdi Kanu
Shamelessness is a virtue
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Judgementa1: 6:54am On Sep 18, 2023
tishbite42:

No be only Azikiwe, na Nnamdi Kanu
Shamelessness is a virtue

Na ur people no get shame. Drug dealers tribe and baby factory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Timothy89(m): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2023
Irony1:

Do you know what ethnic baiting is? It is not when one starts calling for the killing of a group of people. When you inadvertently spread hate that can result in mass action against a group of people that is ethnic baiting and it is a criminal offence. Your comments have been taken via screenshot and your profile marked. You will be monitored henceforth so when you are arrested do not say it is the devil's work.

shut up kid, arrest? did you just say arrest? cheesy

go and arrest your kinsmen that had been spreading hate against Yoruba and Northerners

pained dummy, take it via email too

I'm your nemesis, you will screen short tire, your kinsmen will get hate for hate, you people won't get love for hate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2023
Timothy89:

shut up kid, arrest? did you just say arrest? cheesy

go and arrest your kinsmen that had been spreading hate against Yoruba and Northerners

pained dummy, take it via email too

I'm your nemesis, you will screen short tire, your kinsmen will get hate for hate, you people won't get love for hate

Oga once again can you bring proof of the hate against northerners and Yorubas? Also not that all you have said against igbos in ethnic baiting is here in the net and I have your screenshot so there is evidence against you. If any of my kinsmen spread hate take evidence and report them to be arrested. But first you will go down.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2023
complexstuffs:

Stay away from mkporu mirri

You will soon be picked up
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:40am On Sep 18, 2023
tishbite42:

Stop beating about the bush
Answer my questions straightly
After all, a Yoruba man wrote the book I'm quoting

That idiot you are quoting was a naive fool back then and up till his death.

Even a toddler will conclude that it was an Ibo coup.

Whatever that traitor ademoyega wrote in his useless fiction book is just to defend his stupid actions .

Jan 15 Coup was and remains an Ibo coup.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2023
LaRosa01:

which North Central?quote me there is no difference between Igbo and the Fulani,only difference is Fulani are smoother in operation and think further while the igbos are loud and shallow in thinking.
both tribes are the problem of Nigeria

They both share the same ambitions but the Fulani is strategic about his and also very diplomatic in his planning except the ewu Buhari.

Ibos hate fulanis because fulanis beat them at their game and Fulani is not keen to share power with them knowing how power lusting and greedy an 0koro is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by tishbite42: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

That idiot you are quoting was a naive fool back then and up till his death.

Even a toddler will conclude that it was an Ibo coup.

Whatever that traitor ademoyega wrote in his useless fiction book is just to defend his stupid actions .

Jan 15 Coup was and remains an Ibo coup.
A man who plotted the coup is now a fiction writer
Then you're the guy who knows the truth
Please phuck off my mentions
I don't argue with lowlifers
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 7:44am On Sep 18, 2023
Judgementa1:

But balewa,akintola and sardunna killing were celebrated in the north and south east by the igbos.

Or have the forgotten the phrases " Igbo domination of Nigeria" which lead to Igbo massacre in the north.

Do you know that the deaths of Balewa and Akintola were celebrated in the Western Region more than other regions? Do you know that Wole Soyinka and several Yoruba lecturers sent a petition to Ironsi urging Ironsi not to execute the coup plotters that they are heroes. Up till today there has been no evidence of the songs that they claimed igbos sang to celebrate that coup. Also note again the phrase igbo domination was used by northern civil servants vecause they knew that with the unitary decree in a balanced competitive environment they cannot compete against their counterparts in the North particularly igbos because the civil service was 60% igbos at that time. Bros take it easy when you want to lie. Thank God for social media so that all these lies are brought to light and shown as lies that they are
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:54am On Sep 18, 2023
Ngozi123:

It's quite disgusting that you're comparing this embellished story to Peter Obi and his supporters. You do realise that this led to the mass killings of innocent Igbo people, right? Is that what you're trying to promote right now?

Where is the lie in the senseless murder spree that occured on the eve of Jan 15?

You want to deny that there was no targeted ethnic cleansing and purge in the military and political heriachy by Ibos on other Nigerians ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Paretomaster1(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2023
Acekidc4:
Igbos are the first People to Betray all the other Tribes in Nigeria. They're the first Betrayer of Nigeria cos of Power Hungriness!! Yeye People!!

And they are the ones still crying foul till date...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2023
Ngozi123:

They really have no idea what they're doing.

Every day is for the thief, one day is for the owner.

You are harbouring future extermination of Yorubas because they are retelling the story of the events of the senseless Ibo coup of 1966 which led to the avoidable civil war ?

You people will never change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2023
tishbite42:

A man who plotted the coup is now a fiction writer
Then you're the guy who knows the truth
Please phuck off my mentions
I don't argue with lowlifers

So what are you concluding ?

That the coup never was an ethnic cleansing attempt to seize power solely for the Ibos ?

In every Marxist coup or revolution ,an ethnic group ends up in power assisted by useful idiots.

Ademoyega remains a useful idiot .

Northerners back then did not see it as a southern coup but an Ibo coup and they hold this impression till this day.

Go and try and convince the average Aboki that the coup of 1966 wasn't an Ibo coup.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Sep 18, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

They both share the same ambitions but the Fulani is strategic about his and also very diplomatic in his planning except the ewu Buhari.

Ibos hate fulanis because fulanis beat them at their game and Fulani is not keen to share power with them knowing how power lusting and greedy an 0koro is.

This strategy of using Igbos as alibi for Tinubu propaganda will only make things worse. Igbo is the largest ethnic group in Nigeria spread across the nation living among every community in peace mostly doing buying and selling. They are the least politically inclined ethnic group and are rather concerned with their individual business than collective interest so the action of every Igbo man is highly individualistic compared with say Yoruba or Hausa that have communal belief and lifestyle. Whatever Nzeogwu and others did was their individual plan not Igbo plan and whatever consequences of their action should have befallen them not Papa Emeka that is selling provision at Sabon Gari who neither knew Nzeogwu nor the next Igbo man selling spareparts at same Sabon Gari. Tinubu's policy that increased the suffering of Nigerians is not a Yoruba policy so it isn't right to assume the entire Yoruba are responsible for Tinubu's actions and mistakes or the entire Fulani is responsible for Buhari's success and failure or the entire Igbos are responsible for Nzeogwu's mistake. God blessed Igbos with ability to make something out of nothing and they like investing in landed property . That's the difference between them and most other Nigeria with some few exceptions like Ibibio , Esan, Bini and Urhobo who equally engage and succeed then invest in visible properties. That of Igbos is more visible because their population is much higher and they have more spread. The envy and hatred for Igbos is because of those visible investments not politics or crime.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by gidgiddy: 9:10am On Sep 18, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

So what are you concluding ?

That the coup never was an ethnic cleansing attempt to seize power solely for the Ibos ?

In every Marxist coup or revolution ,an ethnic group ends up in power assisted by useful idiots.

Ademoyega remains a useful idiot .

Northerners back then did not see it as a southern coup but an Ibo coup and they hold this impression till this day.

Go and try and convince the average Aboki that the coup of 1966 wasn't an Ibo coup.

You guys are jokers. Everything about Nigeria is ethnically driven and that why the country is heading no where. Lets just assume that this coup was all about making Igbos overlords of Nigeria, what happened after the coup? Other sections of Nigeria would go on to conduct coups that made them overlords of Nigeria for years, and you guys kept quiet. There were 7 coups in Nigeria but you people only remember one out of ethnic bias

Renowned coup plotters like Murtala Mohammed are honoured by naming Airports and highways after him, even putting him on the N20 note

Unrepentant coup plotters like Muhammadu Buhari who overthrew the democratically elected regime of Shehu Shagari, was rewarded with being elected President twice

Former Military dictator, Olusegun Obasanjo, who came to power as a result of a botched coup, was elected President

Look at Babangida who did his own coup, very influential in Nigeria today

Nigeria shamelessly honoured many coup plotters, but some jokers want us to believe that the first coup is their problem. People who only remember coup based on ethnic considerations

Jokers everywhere on Nairaland
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Judgementa1: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2023
Irony1:

Do you know that the deaths of Balewa and Akintola were celebrated in the Western Region more than other regions? Do you know that Wole Soyinka and several Yoruba lecturers sent a petition to Ironsi urging Ironsi not to execute the coup plotters that they are heroes. Up till today there has been no evidence of the songs that they claimed igbos sang to celebrate that coup. Also note again the phrase igbo domination was used by northern civil servants vecause they knew that with the unitary decree in a balanced competitive environment they cannot compete against their counterparts in the North particularly igbos because the civil service was 60% igbos at that time. Bros take it easy when you want to lie. Thank God for social media so that all these lies are brought to light and shown as lies that they are

Bro always argue with fact not emotion.

Chinua Achebe the erudite novelist tried to change the narrative of the January 15, 1966 Coup in his book There Was A Country to portray his ethnic group as the victim, but this has been debunked: “Igbo in the North were widely taunting their hosts on the loss of their leaders.

Celestine Ukwu, a popular Igbo musician, released songs titled Ewu Ne Ba Akwa (Goats Are Crying) and others celebrating “Igbo power”, the “January Victory.” Posters, stickers, postcards, cartoons displaying the murdered Sardauna begging Major Nzeogwu at the gates of heaven or Balewa burning outright in pits of hell or Nzeogwu standing St. George-like on Sardauna, the defeated dragon, began to show up across Northern towns and cities.

These provocations were so pervasive that they warranted the promulgation of Decree 44 of 1966 banning them”. Even Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe noted these atrocities in his The Origins of the Civil War: “Some Ibo elements, who were domiciled in Northern Nigeria taunted northerners by defaming their leaders through means of records or songs or pictures.

They also published pamphlets and postcards, which displayed a peculiar representation of certain northerners, living or dead, in a manner likely to provoke disaffection.”

These images and songs eventually led to the so-called pogroms/ethnic-cleansing/genocide, not the coup.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Timothy89(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2023
Irony1:

Oga once again can you bring proof of the hate against northerners and Yorubas? Also not that all you have said against igbos in ethnic baiting is here in the net and I have your screenshot so there is evidence against you. If any of my kinsmen spread hate take evidence and report them to be arrested. But first you will go down.

please go and arrest Taylor89, and his likes before bragging here

I repeated igbo will get hate for hate, if you respect my tribe, I'll respect yours too

you will go down in Jesus name because I'm up and no human born of a woman womb can bring me down except air and blood don't flow in your body

how many igbo I go report and who have time for that? mr tracker device you go track tire

see him bragging as if he knows what will happen to him in few minutes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Timothy89(m): 11:05am On Sep 18, 2023
Judgementa1:

Bro always argue with fact not emotion.

Chinua Achebe the erudite novelist tried to change the narrative of the January 15, 1966 Coup in his book There Was A Country to portray his ethnic group as the victim, but this has been debunked: “Igbo in the North were widely taunting their hosts on the loss of their leaders.

Celestine Ukwu, a popular Igbo musician, released songs titled Ewu Ne Ba Akwa (Goats Are Crying) and others celebrating “Igbo power”, the “January Victory.” Posters, stickers, postcards, cartoons displaying the murdered Sardauna begging Major Nzeogwu at the gates of heaven or Balewa burning outright in pits of hell or Nzeogwu standing St. George-like on Sardauna, the defeated dragon, began to show up across Northern towns and cities.

These provocations were so pervasive that they warranted the promulgation of Decree 44 of 1966 banning them”. Even Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe noted these atrocities in his The Origins of the Civil War: “Some Ibo elements, who were domiciled in Northern Nigeria taunted northerners by defaming their leaders through means of records or songs or pictures.

They also published pamphlets and postcards, which displayed a peculiar representation of certain northerners, living or dead, in a manner likely to provoke disaffection.”

These images and songs eventually led to the so-called pogroms/ethnic-cleansing/genocide, not the coup.

Irony1 will soon order for your arrest for stating the obvious

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

LG In Gombe Converts Toilets To Offices / What Police Found Inside Uncompleted Building In Nnewi / The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.