Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) (5935 Views)

Reno Omokri: How Akintola Repelled Nwobosi Who Came To Kill Him (Jan 1966) / Lieutenants Bassey, Ademulegun, Maimalari, Umar & Aguiyi-Ironsi (Throwback Photo / Ahmad Lawan Appoints Babagana Aji As His Chief Of Staff (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

Okay, what then did he mean by expressions like 'forner regions, abolished, National military government, Nigeria ceases to become what is known as a federation, etc'? This is the simple question you lots have been avoiding like a plague.

See he renamed the regions and called collection of provinces with a provincial administrator. We have argued this before so go back and refresh your memory. Ironsi didn't abolish regions he still kept the regions, I will not go back to something I have clarified before. So Oga go and rest tour plans have failed.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

They have smuggled in even some names of Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani army officers just to create a false appearance of national spread for the coup plot whereas these Hausa and Yoruba officers were the ones Nzeogwu ordered from training ground to Ahmadu Bello's residence without them having any prior knowledge of their mission there at that odd hour of the night.

Haaaaa so Major Adekoyega was smuggled, so Lt Fola Oyewole was smuggled, so Capt Ganiyu Adeleke was smuggled and so was Lt Dag Waribor.

Bros I never believe you will go so low as to lie in your desperation to push an agenda.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
gragz8701:

Do you know that they've made several attempts to edit and expunge the names of their criminal coupist brothers from the page in Wikipedia?

The lead are as listed below in order of rank for the record and documentation for posterity:
Maj. Kaduna Nzeogwu **
Maj. Don Okafor - Igbo
Kaj. Timothy Onwutuegwu - Igbo
Maj. Chris Anuforo - Igbo
Maj. Wale Ademoyega **
Maj. Humphrey Chukwuka - Igbo
Capt. Emmanuel Nwaobosi - Igbo
Capt. Ben Gbulie - Igbo
Capt.Ogbu Orji - Igbo

Oga calm down please these non Igbo plotters that were among tell me their tribes.

Major Adewale Ademoyega
Lt Tom Kpera
Lt Dag Waribor
Captain Adeleke

Please if you are sincere and you are not spreading lies with an ethnic agenda, I dare you to mention their tribes.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by gragz8701: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Oga this is fast becoming stale. Arthur Unegbe is from which tribe? If he is Igbo then there is nothing like ethnic cleansing here. You dude, are the one that is shallow. Look I know this game I would not trade insults with you, but if continue with this, I would get the mods to ban you.

Funny how you can't seem to stand the same bitter pill you and your kinsmen dish out on others every day on the Internet.

Don't repeat that garbage I erased.

2 Likes

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by gragz8701: 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Oga calm down please these non Igbo plotters that were among tell me their tribes.

Major Adewale Ademoyega
Lt Tom Kpera
Lt Dag Waribor
Captain Adeleke

Please if you are sincere and you are not spreading lies with an ethnic agenda, I dare you to mention their tribes.

Do you know the meaning of IN ORDER OF RANK?
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Haaaaa so Major Adekoyega was smuggled, so Lt Fola Oyewole was smuggled, so Capt Ganiyu Adeleke was smuggled and so was Lt Dag Waribor.

Bros I never believe you will go so low as to lie in your desperation to push an agenda.
Nzeogwu an insider granted an interview with Ejindu in which he disclosed that they were just five in the plot. Likewise, most books written by authors who knew the details make it clear that there were just five majors in the plot. Your revisionist tales are dead on arrival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Okay, tell us what role these so-called non-Igbo members of the plot played in the execution. Who did Adewale Adegboyega gun down on that night? Which politician or army officer was assigned to Lt. Dag Waribor or Capt. Ganiyu Adeleke to kill? Why was it that all the target politicians and officers were assigned to only the Igbo members of the plot to kill? Or are you suggesting that all these Yoruba and Northern co-plotters were watching while the Igbo members shared the targets among themselves alone and didn't question it? Each time you write you further exposu how shallow your reasoning is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

See he renamed the regions and called collection of provinces with a provincial administrator. We have argued this before so go back and refresh your memory. Ironsi didn't abolish regions he still kept the regions, I will not go back to something I have clarified before. So Oga go and rest tour plans have failed.
That still doesn't answer the simple question. Did the group of provinces operate exactly like the previous regions? If yes, then why change their name or rearrange them? Isn't that stupidity? Who were the premiers of each of the groups of provinces? Were they autonomous or reporting to the center as Ironsi commanded in his broadcast? Did they own and control their public services like the previous regions did?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Chygoz01: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ifeajuna na snitch biafrian soldiers don’t trust him that’s why he was executed
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by T9ksy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Oya I dare you to show me where I lied.

Do you have any evidence to buttress your claim that, Major Ademoyega conceived the Jan 15th coup with Major Ifeajuna or is this just another aba-made infantile revisionism?

1 Like

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Chygoz01: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
The man no wise
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
tishbite42:

And he also confirmed that the coup d'etat wasn't an Igbo one
How about that?!
How about his claim that they planned to release Awo and make him the PM?!
Don't be selective with your 'truth'

According to the coup plotters, their major objective behind the coup was to create a strong center in order to promote nationalism over tribalism.
Now, recall that Awolowo hated centralized system of government with a passion hence had even before independence written books and made public speechless on why Nigeria must never experiment with a strong government at the center. It was therefore public knowledge that Awolowo hated unitary system and any form of it and favored regionalism for which a lot of Igbos termed him an irredeemable tribalist. Now how then could a group of very educated young officers mostly from the tribe which perceived Awolowo as father of tribalism in Nigeria have plotted a coup aimed at eradicating tribalism but ironically preferred that very tribalistic Awolowo to come and head such a government?

You can see that the theory that the coup was to install Awolowo in power does not hold water logically.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2023
T9ksy:

Do you have any evidence to buttress your claim that, Major Ademoyega conceived the Jan 15th coup with Major Ifeajuna or is this just another aba-made infantile revisionism?

Please read Max Siollun's book Oil Politics and Violence(story of Nigeria's coup culture). Also read his book why we struck
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

That still doesn't answer the simple question. Did the group of provinces operate exactly like the previous regions? If yes, then why change their name or rearrange them? Isn't that stupidity? Who were the premiers of each of the groups of provinces? Were they autonomous or reporting to the center as Ironsi commanded in his broadcast? Did they own and control their public services like the previous regions did?

The issue here is did he abolish regions? Rhe answer is No. Rest bros you are not going to win this
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

Okay, tell us what role these so-called non-Igbo members of the plot played in the execution. Who did Adewale Adegboyega gun down on that night? Which politician or army officer was assigned to Lt. Dag Waribor or Capt. Ganiyu Adeleke to kill? Why was it that all the target politicians and officers were assigned to only the Igbo members of the plot to kill? Or are you suggesting that all these Yoruba and Northern co-plotters were watching while the Igbo members shared the targets among themselves alone and didn't question it? Each time you write you further exposu how shallow your reasoning is.

Ohhhhh my God you are a 🤡 so they didn't take part in the coup that is what you want to try and prove abi. Oga go and sit down you are not showing sense with this your talk abeg.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by gragz8701: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
T9ksy:

He's one of those hired by his kinsmen to flood the Internet with false narratives that suit their tribe. It's an agenda they started few years ago.

1 Like

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

Nzeogwu an insider granted an interview with Ejindu in which he disclosed that they were just five in the plot. Likewise, most books written by authors who knew the details make it clear that there were just five majors in the plot. Your revisionist tales are dead on arrival.

Okay let us assume they were five Ademoyega was proudly among the five. If there is an arrest all actors both planners and executors are all named. Why are conveniently trying to dodge the nonigbo actors in the coup?
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2023
gragz8701:

He's one of those hired by his kinsmen to flood the Internet with false narratives that suit their tribe. It's an agenda they started few years ago.

Please who hired me? Oga if you don't have anything sensible just remain silent and stop spreading hate and lies. I have told you this action of yours is just how Rwandan genocide starred and we saw how all the actors ended either life imprisonment or firing squad.if you think you cannot be tracked you must be dreaming.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

According to the coup plotters, their major objective behind the coup was to create a strong center in order to promote nationalism over tribalism.
Now, recall that Awolowo hated centralized system of government with a passion hence had even before independence written books and made public speechless on why Nigeria must never experiment with a strong government at the center. It was therefore public knowledge that Awolowo hated unitary system and any form of it and favored regionalism for which a lot of Igbos termed him an irredeemable tribalist. Now how then could a group of very educated young officers mostly from the tribe which perceived Awolowo as father of tribalism in Nigeria have plotted a coup aimed at eradicating tribalism but ironically preferred that very tribalistic Awolowo to come and head such a government?

You can see that the theory that the coup was to install Awolowo in power does not hold water logically.

Oga go and read Ademoyega's book. He confirmed that they wanted to install Awolowo as Head of State. Please stop lying
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
gragz8701:

Do you know the meaning of IN ORDER OF RANK?

Oga be quiet. These guys participated in the coup didn't they? Swear that they didn't participate in the coup? You guys just like to lie.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by T9ksy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Please read Max Siollun's book Oil Politics and Violence(story of Nigeria's coup culture). Also read his book why we struck

And may I suggest, you read .........SPECIAL BRANCH REPORT: "Military Rebellion of 15th January 1966"

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
T9ksy:

And may I suggest, you read .........SPECIAL BRANCH REPORT: "Military Rebellion of 15th January 1966"

See the special branch gave summary of the circumstances leading to the coup. They stated that in 1965 that officers were dissatisfied with the things going on in the country planned the coup. Now that alone has a lot of inaccuracies owing to rhe fact that Ademoyega in his book stated that himself and ifeajuna conceived the idea of a coup in 1965 and Ifeajuna recruited Okafor who was the brigade of guards commander while Ademoyega recruited Anuforo. Nzeogwu was brought in the later stages of planning. Where I see the special branch report as accurate was the events of 1966 in terms of the killing and the same special branch also confirmed the coup took place in the east.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by T9ksy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Oga go and read Ademoyega's book. He confirmed that they wanted to install Awolowo as Head of State. Please stop lying

That was the Dummy, Ifeajuna sold Major Ademoyega, a well-known Awoist, to get his co-operation in their coup.

1 Like

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
T9ksy:

That was the Dummy, Ifeajuna sold Major Ademoyega, a well-known Awoist, to get his co-operation in their coup.

Ifeajuna never sold any dummy to Ademoyega. Ademoyega was heavily involved in the coup and was a co mastermind of that coup with ifeajuna. Ademoyega proudly wrote about his role and attempted to justify the coup in his book"why we struck"
Please leave all that awoist nonsense Ademoyega was well involved in the planning and conception of the coup idea.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by T9ksy(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Ifeajuna never sold any dummy to Ademoyega. Ademoyega was heavily involved in the coup and was a co mastermind of that coup with ifeajuna. Ademoyega proudly wrote about his role and attempted to justify the coup in his book"why we struck"
Please leave all that awoist nonsense Ademoyega was well involved in the planning and conception of the coup idea.

Whatever Ademoyega wrote in his book will only be a reflection of his interactions with Ifeajuna, who made him believe that he, Ademoyega is the only one, he's discussing the coup with.

Meanwhile, he had actually been discussing and recruiting others into the coup plot before he (ifeajunna) met up with Ademoyega to discuss their coup plot..

Same way Ademoyega swallowed the lie that the objective of the coupists was to release Awo from prison and make him the PM however Ifeajuna had no activity scheduled for Calabar where Awo was then, incarcerated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Deadlytruth(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Adegboyega was simply fooled with the Awolowo-to-be-installed theory in order to convince him to join the plot since he was a very strong Awoist despite being a member of the Army.
So tell that excuse to children in your village.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
T9ksy:

Whatever Ademoyega wrote in his book will only be a reflection of his interactions with Ifeajuna, who made him believe that he, Ademoyega is the only one, he's discussing the coup with.

Meanwhile, he had actually been discussing and recruiting others into the coup plot before he (ifeajunna) met up with Ademoyega to discuss their coup plot..

Same way Ademoyega swallowed the lie that the objective of the coupists was to release Awo from prison and make him the PM however Ifeajuna had no activity scheduled for Calabar where Awo was then, incarcerated.

Bros I know you are passionate to distance Ademoyega to push the Igbo narrative, but sorry bros e.no dey work. Ademoyega was heavily involved on the coup. Infact in his book it was himself and ifeajuna that recruited participants in the coup.

Bros go and rest, your plans have failed
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

Adegboyega was simply fooled with the Awolowo-to-be-installed theory in order to convince him to join the plot since he was a very strong Awoist despite being a member of the Army.
So tell that excuse to children in your village.

Oga you people are pathetic liars. Why did Ademoyega not come out to distance himself from the coup rather he defended the rationale behind the coup and even proudly defended his role in the coup planning. Oga go and rest your plans have failed.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by gragz8701: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Deadlytruth(m): 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Okay let us assume they were five Ademoyega was proudly among the five. If there is an arrest all actors both planners and executors are all named. Why are conveniently trying to dodge the nonigbo actors in the coup?
Ademoyega was recruited into the plot very late just to give the coup a false non-Igbo appearance. If it was really not aimed at entrenching Igbo hegemony over Nigeria, then Ademoyega should have been assigned to kill at least one Igbo politician or army officer in the hit list just the way Akintola, Sodeinde and Ademulegun being Yorubas were all assigned to Igbo members of the plot to kill. Worse still, Ademoyega wasn't even assigned any target. Didn't he know how to pull the trigger?
Even in his book "Why we struck" Ademoyega couldn't say any role he played in the execution that night. He only wrote essays to justify the senseless killing of innocent politicians and his superior army officer by his friends who actually fooled him into an ethnic cleansing made to look like a revolution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
gragz8701:

The usual cyber bullying. This really got me laughing. Clown 🤡 that can hold a simple objective argument.

On a faceless forum like this, you a free to assume. This is why I erased that rubbish you wrote there.

grin grin grin who has thrown insults in the comments is it not you. The issue is that you have met your match in me. You have not refuted any point I made but rather you are doing gaslighting. See guy you have met your match with me. I will follow you bumper to number with any cyber bullying tactics you bring.
Re: How Brig. Zakari Maimalari Was Killed By His Chief Of Staff, Ifeajuna (Jan 1966) by Irony1: 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2023
Deadlytruth:

Ademoyega was recruited into the plot very late just to give the coup a false non-Igbo appearance. If it was really not aimed at entrenching Igbo hegemony over Nigeria, then Ademoyega should have been assigned to kill at least one Igbo politician or army officer in the hit list just the way Akintola, Sodeinde and Ademulegun being Yorubas were all assigned to Igbo members of the plot to kill. Worse still, Ademoyega wasn't even assigned any target. Didn't he know how to pull the trigger?

Aahhhhhhh!!!!!! God has caught you. Fear God oooooo and stop lying. The person who was brought late into the plot was Nzeogwu. Ademoyega was deeply involved in rhe conceptualization and recruitment of Co-conspirators

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Aisha Galadima / Yinka Odumakin Fires At Tinubu- Yours Is A House Of Deceit / Edo 2016: All 35 Kings (Enigie) Of Esan Land Endorse Pastor Ize Iyamu Of The PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.