Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating (22931 Views)

Share Experience About An Emotional Moment With Your Ex / End Of The Year! Nairalanders Share Their Best Photo Of The Year / Lady Share Experience When She Went To Quilox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by LadyTara(f): 8:51am On Sep 20, 2023
Online dating has it cons and pros and I have seen both.
The short attention span: the illusion that there are many fishes in the sea due to how easy it us to meet people in any corner of the earth, just when you start vibing ,they decide to start swimming the ocean in search of another fish.
The alter persona: with social media making it easy to be anything, it has become easy for people to be what you want them to be. Especially with people giving out so much about their life on social media, it becomes easy for predators to read your life and tailor their personal to what you want.
The genuine but casual: it's now easy for guys who don't want commitment to take to social media as an escape from having a serious relationship. When its getting serious, they ghost and move to the next victim.
The real: met my ex on social media, we would have been married if not for tribal differences.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Anny69: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2023
Cutehector:
your location?
SW NIGERIA.
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Cutehector(m): 9:21am On Sep 20, 2023
Anny69:
SW NIGERIA.
oh, good a thing. Likewise me too. Let us get to know each other via dm.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2023
Nazgul:

95% of girls you meet online are out to bill away your destiny.

How do you expect them to love someone they haven't met. It's almost impossible.

You're very unintelligent.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by bablon20(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2023
Nope, she was in ikenne, ogun State and I was in Lagos.

Carot:
was it in the same city
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Tycyborg(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2023
yungchop:

Please speak.. I'm currently in one and thinking if it's worth it or not, almost 2 years now

If she is a Nigerian girl as far I don't know another country's woman... But Nigerian girl and you guys aren't seeing regularly? Forget about motivational speakers, you are finding another person's girl friend or rather dating another person girl and traut me the other guy might know or might not know. But right now, that's what you are doing... So it's a waste of time. And no matter how much you tried, she will never tell you the truth.
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by dkidd: 10:16am On Sep 20, 2023
K33fK0zaRt:
lol. I have nothing to say. Drop that girl bro. Find girl wey you fit dey see regularly. Stop funding someone else's gf. Nawa.
Dem no dey hear word grin
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by batistutajulio: 10:54am On Sep 20, 2023
fotadmowmend:

Dey play ... You might be talking to a guy

Na girl, She don send me her pictures and reels.
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Nazgul: 11:23am On Sep 20, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
You're very unintelligent.
When they say women have fish brains it would look like an insult to women. But when you listen to them speak, you'll have no choice than to agree.

Let me educate you since it's obvious that you're an illiterate.

1. Nigeria doesn't have any functional dating site, where youths can meet and get married. (if you're in doubt refer me to anyone you know of) Literally all dating sites in Nigeria are basically for hookups. From tinder, to Badoo... etc. Just make them, they've all been converted to hookup sites.

2. What's the percentage of social media marriages in Nigeria? If we're to look at marriages across the country from 2020 till date, I can assure you that less than 5% of those couples met each other on social media.

3. Nigeria unlike most Western countries isn't mature for social media relationships. This is because of our culture and religion. So people don't take it seriously. This means that most guys you meet online just want sex and most girls you meet online are only after money. Commitment is totally out of question.

If you cannot prove these facts wrong, don't bother giving me a mention.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Nazgul: 11:25am On Sep 20, 2023
folake4u:
I'm sorry to say this but this your reasoning is way too flawed.

Where do you meet all these type of girls sef?

Let's start from there.
1. Nigeria doesn't have any functional dating site, where youths can meet and get married. (if you're in doubt refer me to anyone you know of) Literally all dating sites in Nigeria are basically for hookups. From tinder, to Badoo... etc. Just make them, they've all been converted to hookup sites.

2. What's the percentage of social media marriages in Nigeria? If we're to look at marriages across the country from 2020 till date, I can assure you that less than 5% of those couples met each other on social media.

3. Nigeria unlike most Western countries isn't mature for social media relationships. This is because of our culture and religion. So people don't take it seriously. This means that most guys you meet online just want sex and most girls you meet online are only after money. Commitment is totally out of question.
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Anny69: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2023
Cutehector:
oh, good a thing. Likewise me too. Let us get to know each other via dm.
No offense, I'm not interested. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 11:40am On Sep 20, 2023
hardcore007:
Not bad.
Online relationship brought me to yankee.
Still together since we started 6 years ago.
It has its challenges though.
However, just put up more communication and keep on communicating, donโ€™t stop communicating cos itโ€™s the main deal to make it flourish.

How did it happen?
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by DyingFetus: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2023
Anny69:

Hehe he could be a serial killer^_^
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by dkidd: 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2023
Met some few good ones, some hoes and some crazies from NL to FB, bird app to IG and Badoo.. this is strictly for hoes. And contrary to popular beliefs NL still has the best yo's I started with online to offline
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by millionboi2: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
Carot:
and you didn't bang her
nothing on her turns me on xpt d voice.
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Acidosis(m): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
IconicR:
What and what can you achieve in online dating through phone with camera, internet and data ?

Stubborn girl

See example:

bablon20:
I met my wife on Facebook and in d space of one year we got married. We are living happily now.

kcowen:
Took the risk 4 years ago,got married to her after a year and till now never regretted that decision
Three years and growing stronger...
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nazgul:

I didn't read all that you wrote.

I still stand on the fact that you are very unintelligent. Why will you make a sweeping statement and say that 95% of girls online are out to bill your destiny? How many have you met? You must be a low-quality man yourself for you to have attracted the dregs and scums of the online dating community. Sorry for you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Nazgul: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
I didn't read all that you wrote.

I still stand on the fact that you are very unintelligent. Why will you make a sweeping statement and say that 95% of girls online are out to bill your destiny? How many have you met? You must be a low-quality man yourself for you to have attracted the dregs and scums of the online dating community. Sorry for you.
@bolded.
It's understandable. That's why It's impossible for a fish brain to sustain any logical argument.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Anny69: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
DyingFetus:

Hehe he could be a serial killer^_^
Nothing exciting about that.
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by fotadmowmend(m): 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
batistutajulio:

Na girl, She don send me her pictures and reels.
Should I tell him ?
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nazgul:

@bolded.
It's understandable. That's why It's impossible for a fish brain to sustain any logical argument.

You sound pained. I don't know what triggered it. The fact that I called you unintelligent which is a glaring fact or that I didn't read your epistle which was a babble of same thing from the first paragraph to the last? Which, please? ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ

Try not to generalize next time. That's a hallmark of very unintelligent and fish brained people (borrowing your words ๐Ÿ˜œ). Bye, muncho.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by K33fK0zaRt: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
dkidd:

Dem no dey hear word grin
grin I no just know why guys go use them hands dey find wahala.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by K33fK0zaRt: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
grin
Anny69:
grin grin cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Nazgul: 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
You sound pained. I don't know what triggered it. The fact that I called you unintelligent which is a glaring fact or that I didn't read your epistle which was a babble of same thing from the first paragraph to the last? Which, please? ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ

Try not to generalize next time. That's a hallmark of very unintelligent and fish brained people (borrowing your words ๐Ÿ˜œ). Bye, muncho.
Pained that a fish brain whom I know nothing about and don't give a fรปck, made a pathetic attempt at sounding intelligent...stop giving yourself so much credit for your public display of stupidity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nazgul:

Pained that a fish brain whom I know nothing about and don't give a fรปck, made a pathetic attempt at sounding intelligent...stop giving yourself so much credit for your public display of stupidity.

You're the dumber one here and I wish you'd go back, sit to read your comments, and have a cursory gaze at yourself. Remember that because you type well-constructed grammar doesn't mean you have sense. Again, bro, you are unintelligent and that's a sorry one. I know you to always be on the defensive side when you are called out, so I'm taking this piss out. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Dumbass who thinks 95% of ladies on the internet are billers like he did a consensus. ๐Ÿ˜‚. Blame yourself for being a low-value man who got no games so they can see your worth rather than billing you. Your sisters and female relatives aren't exempted, remember? So, yeah. They are part of the 95% too. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nazgul:

All these still doesn't justify that you made a hasty erroneous gender based generalization Naz.

I've read of Nigerian couples who met on Facebook, Twitter , Nl and other social media platforms. When I saw that comment of yours I wanted to call it out but I decided to let it go, it doesn't have to be me everytime. Lol

I will suggest you limit your stay on romance section or increase your filter. The section has a way of muddling up one's objectivity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by folake4u(f): 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Persephone1:
All these still doesn't justify that you made a hasty erroneous gender based generalization Naz.

I've read of Nigerian couples who met on Facebook, Twitter , Nl and other social media platforms. When I saw that comment of yours I wanted to call it out but I decided to let it go, it doesn't have to be me everytime. Lol

I will suggest you limit your stay on romance section or increase your filter. The section has a way of muddling up one's objectivity.

Thank you my darling.

I kuku tire today.

Cc Nazgul
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Ennypoker: 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2023
The one i am currently talking to, brought one of her serious issue like that to me. Just because I've once been in that situation, I pitied her and sent her money. Then i told her I'm only lending her, She cried out saying how will she pay me back, that she's broke, then i told her to pay whenever she can lol.
I don't have intentions of collecting the money back, but whatever way she reacts after all these will say a lot about her and I'm observing lol.
Ade1177:

Ladies of

House rent is about to expire
My birthday is next month
My phone has been acting up for a while now
School has really been tough
My data gets finished very very fast
What do you think about my hair, it's looking very old

When a girl wants to test whether you're a yes man from the beginning

Just days in and these pop up

She don hit "good guy" that will continue spending
Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Nazgul: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
You're the dumber one here and I wish you'd go back, sit to read your comments, and have a cursory gaze at yourself. Remember that because you type well-constructed grammar doesn't mean you have sense. Again, bro, you are unintelligent and that's a sorry one. I know you to always be on the defensive side when you are called out, so I'm taking this piss out. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Dumbass who thinks 95% of ladies on the internet are billers like he did a consensus. ๐Ÿ˜‚. Blame yourself for being a low-value man who got no games so they can see your worth rather than billing you. Your sisters and female relatives aren't exempted, remember? So, yeah. They are part of the 95% too. grin
Lol...look at this nimwit. Do you think I give a fรบck about you. If you like monitor me from now till next year, it only shows how jobless you are. And I honestly do not care cos I don't live on Nairaland, I only come here to have fun. So stop encouraging yourself by thinking you're doing yourself a favour with this nonsense you keep writing.

My second reply was to educate you on why I choose my initial opinion, but since you choose to play dumb, that's your problem. Stop tormenting yourself. I don't know you, neither do you know me. What makes you think I care about your opinion towards me, would it put money in my account?

Abeg go and choke on a dรญck. I believe that's the only thing your lot seem to be good at and stop masturbating on my mention.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by Nazgul: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Persephone1:

I want you to be logical this time.

Do Nigerian couples meet each other online and get married....Yes they do!

But my objectivity is about the percentage of online weddings in Nigeria as compared to normal ones.

If you're to carry out a state by state statistics across the 36 states (Abuja inclusive) of couples who met each other online and got married, I can assure you that aside states like lagos and Abuja, you'll get less than 5% in the remaining states. Most especially in northern states.

If you're to sum the total of your findings, you won't have up to 15% in total. So if less than 15% of Nigerian couples met online and got married, would it be logically correct to say that online marriages is a norm in Nigeria, knowing fully well that you're recording less than 15% of those marriages per year?

So is there any thing wrong in what I said?

On my response you quoted, I politely asked that if anyone knows any Nigerian online dating site or app, where one can meet geninue people not scammers, he, she or they should refer me there. But my request wasn't met.

So wouldn't it be safe for me to conclude that there is none?

You're seeing the truth starting at you and you're ignoring it. Is it because a female gender is involved?

Cc folake4u

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Experience About Online Dating by doggedfighter(f): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2023
folake4u:

Thank you my darling.

I kuku tire today.

Cc Nazgul

Maybe it's the way you bash him and his club dey cause this one grin

Let Naz breeeerft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App / What Do You Still Like About Your Ex? / What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.