Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) (23520 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Pastor Bakare's Comment On Mohbad / Naira Marley’s Statement On Mohbad’s Death: Four Talking Points / Bouncer Called In To Remove Williams Uchemba For Spraying Naira On Pastor Tobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by naturefellow(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2023
TemplarLandry:
A billionaire is speaking you're saying you have an opinion.

Ecclesiastes 9:16 AMP
But I say that wisdom is better than strength, though the poor man’s wisdom is despised and his words are not heeded.

How would you have sense or think rationally, when you're paid to be on Nairaland? undecided

2 Likes

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Styluss: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2023
haha,,,.... omowerey, when you and ur fellow sheep wan get sense? Your pastors dey use bullet proof cars, and private jets, you mummmuuu congregations dey use annointing oil.
In nigeria, only a few pastors are truly called by God

limcar:
i bind you in the name of the trinity. You servant of baal
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by lifezone247(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
Psalmistproject:
This shouldn't be here on fp!

It can remain in the religious forum..
or probably in the comments section of the previous thread.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Kukutente23: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
How did this nonsense make first page
No coherence or logic, just insults and vituperations on a Pastor for speaking his mind.
Even if you don't agree with him, this nonsense you wrote makes you look like a clown.
The point the pastor was making was about what you choose to call yourself. You can debate him on that instead of the hogwash you call a rejoinder.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by BabaHenry(m): 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Evolutionism:
Op you are seriously very MARD.

You have no one to tell you all this while but i just told you now.
You and the idiots that liked and share your useless and senseless comment are crazy and mad at the same time.......
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by zomby(m): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2023
limcar:
Give your life to christ. The kingdom of God is at hand
And please give yours to satan and his agents
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Evolutionism: 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2023
BabaHenry:

Me and my parents at home that gave birth to me into my useless and senseless family are crazy and mad at the same time.

Eeyah my Regards to them.

Make sure they take their Mental Drugs all the time as prescribed.

2 Likes

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Matrix137(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2023
Rip Imole child of the most high.

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by DaTruths: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2023
Mohbad is Yoruba, Tunde is Yoruba.

If you don't get it, forget about it.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by dfrost: 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
ambale:

Baba dont play with my brain.. Bad guy on the street means everything thats bad

A womanizer
An addict
A convict
A fraudster
And name it, so what are you saying?

Chief, abeg your brain dey intact... see my statement once again

it doesn't necessarily equate to the negative. It most times, means, you are knowledgeable, witty, smart et al.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Matrix137(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
Here is a snippet of the lyrics of "Father "Abraham

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by bukatyne(f): 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, a pastor is expected to preach against vices in society, which for most people include drinking and smoking

And that is what Bakare is doing.

It does not make him a hypocrite. He would have been one if he preached against all that, AND indulged in those things. He doesn't.

I don't know, but it seems that when someone speaks out against our favorite vices, they are apparently hypocrites.

Especially vices like drinking and smoking which combined cause a lot of health issues and problems....

You are criticsing a leopard for being a leopard. Well, it can't help being a leopard.

The way the word 'hypocrite' is thrown around makes me wonder.

Same person would condemn aka call someone a liar or an adulterer or a thief or any vice that doesn't suit his/her fancy.

@OP: no comment; I haven't read the original Bakare's post.

3 Likes

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by OmoGomesIlorin: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
JetApartment:

I really don't understand this mentality that anybody that smokes or drink is automatically a bad person, most people that don't even smoke or drink are far more evil...

This Pastor that is supposed to have sense is here yapping nonesense...he obviously doesn't read his Bible to understand that you don't condemn or judge people, Jesus did not condemn or judge a well known prostitute or taxman or even a thief on the cross.

Self-righteous people will fill hell than actual sinners because they think they are perfect and dont need repentance for the sin they didnt know they have committed while heaven will be filled with known sinners who repented before they die.

This is the problem with people enjoying the life of sin. They don't want to go and sin no more
When they are being corrected, they begin to look for blemishes in the lives of others labelling them Self-righteous people
They will even condemn Muslims for pius lifestyle of head and body covering while themselves appear almost naked

The pastor is simply saying: evil companionship corrupts good manners. Go and Read the pastor again
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by justt: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2023
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by justt: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2023
You mean that Pastor Bakare should have celebrated him? The pastor said nothing but the truth and you are sad because, possibly, you do not have the spirit of God in you and you do not belong to Jesus if at all you claim to be a Christian. So sad!

If you belong to Jesus, your sadness shouldn't have been about what pastor Bakare said, which is very correct, but on the fact that a believer, someone who was once in the Church later joined the devil and of course got served!

That I said he got served does not in anyway mean I'm rejoicing over him or I'm happy the way he died, God forbid. I can never rejoice over the dead of a sinner. When, for whatever reasons, you leave God to romance the devil, things like this cannot but happen. It's like someone putting his hands in fire and he gets burned. It's expected.

You said he showed his love for God in his secular songs, like seriously? He loves God and left the Church? Do you mean all it takes to please God or have his approval is praising him or giving something to him? No, God is not mocked and he cannot be bribed. If at all God should be bribed, it will be by living for him in holiness and righteousness, not by romancing with the devil! It's not what we give that God is interested in but who we are. So, if you as an individual is not acceptable or pleasing to God, whatever you do or give is not acceptable to him. In fact the bible says that the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, Prov 15:8

I'm putting this here because of the younger ones, especially those who currently sing in the choir/Church but their eyes are on secular music. The devil has nothing to offer than dead. What relationship does light have with darkness? This was well captured by Paul in 2 Cor 6:14-17:

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: [" I will dwell in them] [And walk among them.] [I will be their God,] [And they shall be My people."]

17 [ Therefore] [" Come out from among them] [And be separate, says the Lord.] [Do not touch what is unclean,] [And I will receive you."]

May God help us with the bunch of church-goers we have today who called themselves christians, but really they are nothing but mixed multitudes.

Matrix137:
Okay guys, so I went through this thread on frontpage today.

https://www.nairaland.com/7854170/mohbad-pastor-bakare-knocks-late

Honestly, i was very sad and worried about the Stinking Hypocrisy of the pastor. Kinda reminds me of Pharisees and Sadducees in Jesus time. How dare you? What makes you think you are more righteous than Mohbad? When Jesus said we should remove the log of wood in our eyes before removing the speck in someone else's eyes, you thought it was a joke?

Who the hell are you to judge? From the little I've heard about the life of Mohbad, honestly I find him more worthy of salvation than you, because he honestly loved God Soo much regardless of the fact that he was a "secular" musician? Oh you think because he "smoked or drank" that you are better than him, or more deserving of God's love than him? And I ask again, who the hell are you? and who even made you a pastor in the first place? You are nothing but a pulpit bandit with no reputation. What do you think made Mohbad leave marlian records?

Also, what's this Nonsense about his stage name "Mohbad" ? You think that's a justification? Or you just don't understand the real meaning? What about Imole (Light)?

What about his countless "secular" songs praising God? I listened to his song "Father Abraham" on his "Light" EP. And i was moved to tears by his deep Love of God and Jesus Christ.

So Mr Pulpit Bandit, save your sermon and continue your scamming ministry. But always remember that the day of reckoning is near.

And also Mohbad is a saint compared to you. So allow him rest in Peace and NEVER in your life mention him in such a condescending way again. Mr Righteous. Clown
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by omoadeleye(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
Matrix137:
Okay guys, so I went through this thread on frontpage today.

https://www.nairaland.com/7854170/mohbad-pastor-bakare-knocks-late

Honestly, i was very sad and worried about the Stinking Hypocrisy of the pastor. Kinda reminds me of Pharisees and Sadducees in Jesus time. How dare you? What makes you think you are more righteous than Mohbad? When Jesus said we should remove the log of wood in our eyes before removing the speck in someone else's eyes, you thought it was a joke?

Who the hell are you to judge? From the little I've heard about the life of Mohbad, honestly I find him more worthy of salvation than you, because he honestly loved God Soo much regardless of the fact that he was a "secular" musician? Oh you think because he "smoked or drank" that you are better than him, or more deserving of God's love than him? And I ask again, who the hell are you? and who even made you a pastor in the first place? You are nothing but a pulpit bandit with no reputation. What do you think made Mohbad leave marlian records?

Also, what's this Nonsense about his stage name "Mohbad" ? You think that's a justification? Or you just don't understand the real meaning? What about Imole (Light)?

What about his countless "secular" songs praising God? I listened to his song "Father Abraham" on his "Light" EP. And i was moved to tears by his deep Love of God and Jesus Christ.

So Mr Pulpit Bandit, save your sermon and continue your scamming ministry. But always remember that the day of reckoning is near.

And also Mohbad is a saint compared to you. So allow him rest in Peace and NEVER in your life mention him in such a condescending way again. Mr Righteous. Clown

You are not okay, you probably needed a check up.

You said that in your post that "from the little things you heard about Mohbad, that he deserves salvation than the pastor" so you have no iota knowledge of who you are defending are you decided to subject yourself being on ignoramus spree.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by JetApartment: 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

This is the problem with people enjoying the life of sin. They don't want to go and sin no more
When they are being corrected, they begin to look for blemishes in the lives of others labelling them Self-righteous people
They will even condemn Muslim for pius lifestyle of head and body covering while themselves appear almost naked

The pastor is simply saying: he companionship corrupts good manners. Go and Read the the pastor again

Are all the Pastors church and family members saint's? Is the Pastor himself without sin?

When or were did you read in the Bible that Jesus Christ condemned or judge sinners for having bad friends? Is Bakare greater or holier than Jesus Christ? What if Mohbad was the light "imole" in the midst of his bad friends? Do you know the population of sinners seeking salvation outnumbers the redeemed in Pastor Bakari's church.

Stop defending rubbish even if it is coming from a Pastor, Pastors are not angels that cannot yield to sin, they aren't perfect, idolizing them makes you idolatrous which in itself a sin against God.

1 Like

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by ambale(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2023
dfrost:

Chief, abeg your brain dey intact... see my statement once again

I understand you straight sha... And im not condemning him either but make we all they try look out for our lives

If you are in a situation wey fit lead to issues... Comot immediately
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Redhot111(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
ebubeson:
Please think logically before you call anyone hypocrite. Do not call the pastor hypocrite because even the so-called hypocrite may have a good advice that is usable for you.

MOHBAD is possibly a very very great guy whom people may have capitalized on. Some people have good heart, and if they are not watchful, they may be over-used and killed. That may be MOHBAD's case.

Who is a hypocrite? "Is probably the one that has never protested the killings of people in Southern Kaduna, Benue, Jos and other places in Nigeria, but is protesting about MOHBAD's case". Protesting about MOHBAD's case is good too.

Keep loving everyone.

Keep loving Yoruba people.

Keep loving Hausa people.

Keep loving Igbo people.

Keep loving great and wonderful Mbaise people.

Keep loving all tribes in Nigeria.

Nigeria will be great again if we cooperate for progress and stop these hypocrisies.

A greater hypocrite is one that led s protest against GEJ’s proposal to remove subsidy back then but kept mute when Emilokan announced same subsidy removal on his inaugural address. Bakare level of hypocrisy is of a higher dimension
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Matrix137(m): 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
justt:

You mean that Pastor Bakare should have celebrated him? The pastor said nothing but the truth and you are sad because, possibly, you do not have the spirit of God in you and you do not belong to Jesus if at all you claim to be a Christian. So sad!

If you belong to Jesus, your sadness shouldn't have been about what pastor Bakare said, which is very correct, but on the fact that a believer, someone who was once in the Church later joined the devil and of course got served!

That I said he got served does not in anyway mean I'm rejoicing over him or I'm happy the way he died, God forbid. I can never rejoice over the dead of a sinner. When, for whatever reasons, you leave God to romance the devil, things like this cannot but happen. It's like someone putting his hands in fire and he gets burned. It's expected.

You said he showed his love for God in his secular songs, like seriously? He loves God and left the Church? Do you mean all it takes to please God or have his approval is praising him or giving something to him? No, God is not mocked and he cannot be bribed. If at all God should be bribed, it will be by living for him in holiness and righteousness, not by romancing with the devil! It's not what we give that God is interested in but who we are. So, if you as an individual is not acceptable or pleasing to God, whatever you do or give is not acceptable to him. In fact the bible says that the sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, Prov 15:8

I'm putting this here because of the younger ones, especially those who currently sing in the choir/Church but their eyes are on secular music. The devil has nothing to offer than dead. What relationship does light have with darkness? This was well captured by Paul in 2 Cor 6:14-17:

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: [" I will dwell in them] [And walk among them.] [I will be their God,] [And they shall be My people."]

17 [ Therefore] [" Come out from among them] [And be separate, says the Lord.] [Do not touch what is unclean,] [And I will receive you."]

May God help us with the bunch of church-goers we have today who called themselves christians, but really they are nothing but mixed multitudes.

All this multitude of words yet no sense. Is the pastor holy? No! Is he sinless ? No! Does he associate with bad company? Yes! Which includes our evil politicians! Even Jesus said that harlots will go to heaven before all this self righteous clowns. Also, just because you don't get to see all he does secretly ( Only God knows) doesn't mean he doesn't have a skeleton in his closet!
Sinners judging sinners for sinning differently lol
Try to be more logical next time. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by dfrost: 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
ambale:

I understand you straight sha... And im not condemning him either but make we all they try look out for our lives

If you are in a situation wey fit lead to issues... Comot immediately

This right here is the essence of life.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by zomby(m): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

They will even condemn Muslim for pius lifestyle of head and body covering while themselves appear almost naked

The pastor is simply saying: he companionship corrupts good manners. Go and Read the the pastor again

Nobody knows what happened to the boy, the case is ongoing and the boy has also been exhumed…. Bakare didn’t have to open his septic tank. It is totally unnecessary.
We must not forget that Mohbad May be gone, but his case is ongoing, he left behind a son, a wife, a mother, a father, a lot of friends and fans. Let us think about his loved ones..who are still dealing with the fresh pain of losing the boy.
Bakare should be ashamed of himself.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by zomby(m): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
A man of God doesn’t castigate, he doesn’t judge, and he doesn’t bash…he mostly consoles, embraces and encourages others when they are down, when they are wrong or when they’re faced with challenges.

Pastor bakare is not a man of God.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Matrix137(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
zomby:
A man of God doesn’t castigate, he doesn’t judge, and he doesn’t bash…he mostly consoles, embraces and encourages others when they are down, when they are wrong or when they’re faced with challenges.

Pastor bakare is not a man of God.
He obviously isn't a man of God! I can attest to that!
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Banter1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
Not all that call my name will enter my kingdom. Mathew 7:21

May the soul of Mohbad rest in perfect peace.
May almighty forgives his shortcomings. Amen

1 Like

Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by OmoGomesIlorin: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2023
JetApartment:

Are all the Pastors church and family members saint's? Is the Pastor himself without sin?

When or were did you read in the Bible that Jesus Christ condemned or judge sinners for having bad friends? Is Bakare greater or holier than Jesus Christ? What if Mohbad was the light "imole" in the midst of his bad friends? Do you know the population of sinners seeking salvation outnumbers the redeemed in Pastor Bakari's church.

Stop defending rubbish even if it is coming from a Pastor, Pastors are not angels that cannot yield to sin, they aren't perfect, idolizing them makes you idolatrous which in itself a sin against God.

The life of Ilerioluwa Aloba no longer matter, but you that is alive :
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.- Johsua 24:15
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by JetApartment: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2023
OmoGomesIlorin:

The life of Ilerioluwa Aloba no longer matter, but you that is alive :
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.- Johsua 24:15

Are you ok? What is the relationship between what I typed and your response?
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Matrix137(m): 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2023
JetApartment:

He may be on drugs.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by ambale(m): 7:19pm On Sep 26, 2023
dfrost:

This right here is the essence of life.

You gerrit... Its better to choose peace if you dont have strong backbone
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by OmoGomesIlorin: 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2023
JetApartment:

Repent and Fosake your own sins ... Go and sin no more
Let your GF to go,
Delete all those dirty videos from your device
Stop lying and deception
Steal no more
Thou shall do no murder ??
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by logicalhumour: 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2023
Matrix137:
A billionaire from who's money? Oh I get it from the gullible sheeple he has been scamming in the name of offering and tithe? Okay.
Mohbad was able to make money because people were willing to listen to him, but not enough. More people listen to the pastor instead. You call the pastor's followers gullible, but you can't see that Mohbad and the pastor are in, matter-of-factly, in the same trade. Lol

Be calming down if not you'll become used to speaking/writing too early.
Re: On Pastor Tunde Bakare Opinion On Mohbad Passing (my Honest Response) by Dayvidblue: 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, a pastor is expected to preach against vices in society, which for most people include drinking and smoking

And that is what Bakare is doing.

It does not make him a hypocrite. He would have been one if he preached against all that, AND indulged in those things. He doesn't.

I don't know, but it seems that when someone speaks out against our favorite vices, they are apparently hypocrites.

Especially vices like drinking and smoking which combined cause a lot of health issues and problems....

You are criticsing a leopard for being a leopard. Well, it can't help being a leopard.
Tunde Bakare cannot speak about dining with the devil without deserving the hypocrite title. this is a man who paid hundred million naira to dine with the devil.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burna Boy Shows Off His O2 Brixton Academy 'sold Out' Status Plaque / Bbnaija: Boma Is Disgusting – Tacha Takes Sides With Angel / “You Can Fall Down And Die” — Bobrisky Blasts Burna Boy For Berating Blac Chyna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.