Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. (31004 Views)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by bjdon: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?
He does not need your permission. Just pray for him as a father and be there for him. Its his life

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by OkukoIgbo: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?

IF You are my father and I find you tryng to do this to me, I will posoin you period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by oliverano: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

grin grin grin grin grin

37 year old son lol....

Teach him how to show gratitude while you move on.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by captianfreeman(m): 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
Oga. Your son does not need your approval to get married. He only need your blessing.

Don't be too petty please.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by abobote: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
I'm tired of marriage already
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by chiefolododo(m): 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
age is no longer on his side...if you have a strong reason , sit him down and talk to him....the young man is frustrated
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by HAROLDWILSON: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
Disown him immediately if you are rich, if you are poor, accept your date.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Basicend: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Teach him a lesson? Sir / Madam, the stone you throw will still come back to harm you.

Just pray to God to find ways to give you and him a rest. . Keep praying with a good heart until God speaks.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Fiscus105(m): 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

I said it here few weeks ago, it's govt that gives approval for marriages not fathers or churches,.....some are barking and wailing on my comment.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by advanceDNA: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
budaatum:

You sound like some angry god in the old testament, whining that your creations don't slave in your garden no more nor bow down and worship you.

You could destroy his marriage, if you please, though that would be like cutting off your own nose to punish your face, or you can go read about the New Testament God and be taught to be more compassionate and understanding and less stupid and ignorant.

It's like u have a beef with God....
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Styluss: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
Haa, so we get grandfather for here.
Ekaasan Sir. Gbogbo ile nko?

MrUchenna1:

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by faoogoke(m): 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Your son don't need your permission to marry. He's an adult. Responsible for his decisions.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by emerged01(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
This is serious! I hate this kind of situation. Did you go against his choice?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by judedwriter(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

He is 37! and Marriage already has enough lessons to educate one for life!

Marriage can teach patience, hope, forgiveness, tolerance, persistence, even love.

The only problem is did he marry out of pressure or duress? If he did, he most likely married someone else's wife, lol.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by babaRUNtinz(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
37yrs? What kind of lesson?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by ojun50(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
Omo wetin the man expect no be wetin he see.
Children of now days don open eyes so papa grow up and make peace
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by millionboi2: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
you just his father not his God,wish him well and move on.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by SocialJustice: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Lesson teacher.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by abobote: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
Talking about marriage, I'm already tired.

Imagine my wife break my son's head, coz he couldn't clean his shoe. The worst is that I'm not in town.
I had two sleepless nights, lot things are running through my mind
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Amaggedon: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
mariahAngel:
Forgive and pray for him with all your heart to retrace his steps.

You know, even though we do wrong, God still loves us because God is a loving Father.

This is a story i wonder why people still fall for this kind of rubbish. sad angry angry
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by emerged01(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
faoogoke:

Your son don't need your permission to marry. He's an adult. Responsible for his decisions.
Calm down. Dont be rude. How do you want to honor your parent? If you think you dont need their permission to marry?

When the guy commit now,dem go say make dem go carry him papa. Shebi him get parent,make den go him parent house go tell them wetin their son do.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Angelfrost(m): 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2023
7upnigeria:

At your age, is this what you should be thinking about. You failed to create a united and prosperous family and that's why your son is marrying at 37 YEARS.

It's clear you have created a WAR ZONE FAMILY where members only think of how to outdo each other instead of collaborating to help one another. How will harming your son benefit you?

You almost made sense till you resorted to "Age shaming".

What is wrong in marrying at 37??! Who told you there is a perfect or late marriage?!!

A man can even choose to stay single for life, then later change his mind in his late 40s.

Every choice is good as long as it suits the person involved.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by AuthorMan: 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

No be only lesson you for teach am.
You may give him a lecture too.

He is getting married without your approval.
Who are you to approve a man's wedding. Be he your son, your friend or your cousin.

By the way where are you typing from?
Village?

You must be and illiterate villager to be wanting to teach your son a lesson for getting married.

So nice the young man is not even gay. He will marry a woman he loves wether you like it or not as long he is 18years and above.
And from any tribe or race in the world.

That is what the law says.

Radarada.
All manner of human beings. grin

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
Did you seek your son's approval before bringing him to this world?
Ronu oooo!
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Joeyfizzo: 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
can u imagine this nonesense post.....instead of u to be happy for him ..ur son found happiness sir. U want to punish him ....u are those type of father that impose wife on thier kids
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Rhassidy360: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Sir forgive make peace with him. Na still your boy
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by AuthorMan: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
FOJEM:
Did you seek your son's approval before bringing him to this world?

Just imagine grin

I just dey feel hungry to slap the OP
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Bluntemperor: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
defendedvictim:
Why do you want to teach him a lesson?
And why did he get married without your permission?

It seems you are the only one with a good home background here!
The Way and Manners this Modern Day Social Media Indomie- Generation comes on various topics, without deep understanding is very Scary!
A man comes from blue,' my son is this, that ' etc, instead of you asking the Man Some Probing questions:
1- How old is this your Son?
2- when last did he stayed with you for reacting this way?
3- Do you and his Mother stayed together and did he obtained your Wife's blessings?
4- When last did you rolled together Last?
5-Did he ever mentioned about Marriage ever in your discussions and what was your response to him before then?
6- in the Wedding,if any,did you hear of any of your Family Members in attendance?
If this man is Faithful and true to the replies above,you can easily determined the type of Person he is!
But see them on Nairaland- ki ki ki,for nothing!
Seun Osewa-Come and see your People o,then they will be blaming the Judiciary o!
See ,Small Matter in a Public Opinions here on Nairaland and the OP is just laughing at their funky answers!
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
minakom:
Many 37 year old sons no get parents again. You better pray and stop complaining sir/ma
Glancing through the front page nobody bothered ask him he refused to give his blessing. Poor one

https://www.nairaland.com/mruchenna1
Oga why are you withholding your blessing?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Afonja2: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

You are here asking how to teach your son a lesson, when you should be the one offering reconciliatory advice? Anyways, with all the rubbish you have been posting on this platform, I am not surprised by the action of your son. He must have suffered a lot to have been sired by an irresponsible, immature, disgraceful and ignorant father like you. I am disappointed to see the posts coming out of a man that has a 37 year old son. I will not be surprised if he disowns you very soon.

Foolish old cargo!
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by zoedew: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Be at peace with yourself and God. It is the female who needs parental consent strictly speaking. Do not seek to get heaven. You will be worse off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Ways You Can Stay Madly In Love With Your Husband / Lady And Her Father Recreate Throwback Photo Of 23 Years Ago / World's Biggest Babies Ever Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.