Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. (30904 Views)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Azzik: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?
You must be a dangerous and wicked father to want to teach your own adult son lesson because he got married without your consent..why don't you narrate his reason for not seeking your permission.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Hohaiiiode(m): 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?
african parents think they have limitless space in their children’s life, and have to take part in making decisions all the time fore them. 37 year old man.

That is no way a child and , but a lot of you infantilices adults in Africa , making them and treating them like children. Perhaps you guys think you have a large reservoir of Abrahams blessings in your tongue to bless and condemn as you so wish. But trust me. It is nothing but just sick people who are either ignorant about life or just been manipulative. I told someone few days ago… that the best thing I have ever done is getting married without all this cumbersome process and mad and wasteful things you guys detect in the name of “na so dem de do am”

I just walk my way to a marriage registry with a family figure. Sign take pictures and few months I am out of the country … legally married and happy.

I am not interested in how you want to deal with your son. Because you can’t do nothing. Just make peace with yourself and know this are life decision and he don’t need your permision or blessings. Because your tongue or laying your hand on hi. Won’t give none.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by uuzba(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
Azzik:

You must be a dangerous and wicked father to want to teach your own adult son lesson because he got married without your consent..why don't you narrate his reason for not seeking your permission.
And that's exactly why the son ran away to marry without telling the dad.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by budaatum: 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
Nextt:
Many folks here capitalise on the safety that anonymity brings and spew insults on persons they will bathe with address of respect should they meet in person.

A man asked what he should do over the disrespect of his 37 year-old son in marrying without his consent. Very rude behaviour you will find in the way many responded to his enquiry. I bet their legs will buckle, and their lips will seem heavy like 30-feet container if asked to repeat what they have said here to him in person.

One of them managed to bring religion into the matter to insult God while dishing out acid from her tongue in the name of a better person. Disrespectful generation. You will have what you sow.

Respect people, folks.

Do you think a father who comes on Nairaland and inform us he wants to teach of a 37 year old a lesson deserves respect when he can't respect his own son? Or is it just that you can't see how disrespectful he might be being because you've been programmed to respect grey hairs?

This in Nairaland where we don't respect even the gods, and the op should have known that since this is his eleventh year here.

Respect yourself if you want to be respected.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by legacystore: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

This is a big disrespect to you as the father but it's glaring that both of you are not in good terms before now hence your threat of dealing with him.

At this point he doesn't consider you as his father any longer for some reason you didn't disclose.

Find someone in the family to talk to him and make peace between both of you. Blood is thicker than water.

What of the mother and other siblings?

If everyone was comfortable with your absence then you may just be the problem here.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by uuzba(m): 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
Ubanz:
From the way you sound, you and your son has been in a sour relationship.
But how come your in-laws didn't ask of you.
The son kukuma just told the inlaws that his father is dead.
He has moved on in his life.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Advancedman(m): 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Kill him so we can praise you the great lesson teacher isn't the previous one you taught him he has so well manifest by getting married without your so-called blessing

Just tell us the whole story.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Advancedman(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
Zanzibar1:
What kind of lesson? He has his own life to live and his own path to walk.
If he makes a mistake choosing the wrong spouse, let him learn on his own

Normally by age 30-33, a man should be married. But if he is unable to find his feet, he might marry late. So if he is getting married at 37, it's partly the father's fault.
Parents fault
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Advancedman(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
kkins25:
37 year old son. It seems the Jazz you were using has finally failed. Now, it's to resort to physical means abi? 🤣

God bless you,
Let him show his face and we will give him his own medicine.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Advancedman(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

My people jazz don cast hahahahahaahah
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Banjoramos(m): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Children neglecting and disobedient to their parents is painful I feel your pain sir, but try and have one on one conversation with him and ask him why he behave in such manner. I think that will guide you on what to do.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Ikville(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Nobody can advise u here...for all we know, he made a gud decision!
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Zinpat: 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

That was wrong though but forgive him because he's your blood
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Bad parent still displaying his wicked lifestyle before the public
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Monday60655(m): 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Then correct him as your son,give him your approval, and then pray for him to succeed in his marriage.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by EgunMogaji2: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Why would he need your approval at any age?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Gandrova: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
LikeAking:

He doesn’t need ya approval..

We are in a modern world ..
I hope your children will do such to You.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by cenmysterio: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
LikeAking:

He doesn’t need ya approval..

We are in a modern world ..

Modern world kill you there if you like no wise up
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Ashirioluwa: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

I pity your daughter-in-law because you sound like someone who will not let your kids live their lives.

At 37, your son doesn't need your permission or approval before doing anything concerning his personal life.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Archworld(m): 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

A 37 years on man getting married without your approval? If you are talking about blessing it's ok ,not approval
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by kissval1388: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
Like seriously, you Wana teach a 37 old son a lesson?? The only lesson I know you can teach him is juju... Cus wtf!! Do you mean by lesson?? Are you feeding him or sheltering him

Old man, bless your son and rest....
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by jahsharon: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2023
Imedickson1:
What kind of permission?

So you don't need permission from your parents before getting married, abi? Go ahead nah
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Mendy101: 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Na because of this your character he didn’t tell you, imagine a man wants to teach his son a lesson because he a full blown man at almost 40 didn’t seek your approval, tell us the reason why or get out
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by chinonfelix2(m): 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
You should have stated the reason you refused him your blessings... Before we conclude

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by extremelygolden: 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
DavidEsq:

😂😂😂😂

Yes ooo. We're observing him with 5D incase he doesn't know. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by issylarry(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Teach him a lesson for what?
I didn’t want to comment before but seeing this is bad for a parent to think like this

Are you still taking any responsibility on him ? If no please leave that guy to decide for him self

You have lived your life ,so let him live his
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by EndRape2(f): 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Igbo man, I am sure you told him not to marry from another tribe, Igbo parents are the worst on earth, they frustrate people married to their children , your son wants peace for his wife , leave him alone .
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by KingRoiz: 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
With all due respect, It's a very useless father or a so called father that will be whining like this.

FYI, he doesn't need your permission, all you deserve is the information about when he's wedding, finish. If you like support him, if you like don't, it's your loss not his.
Next Time, If there'll ever be a next time, learn how to be a father not just a sperm donor.

Like really? At 37yrs, you want to marry him?
If you were a good father, he should have been married since and you would have never come here to ask how. Obviously, you are bitter he's now making the best choices of his like, "without you".
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by DJInfluence: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2023
MrUchenna1:
what lesson are you planning to teach him? Call your son and find out why you were not informed. He may have a valid reason. Moreover you didn't tell us what kind of wedding. Was it an impromptu thing or an elaborate wedding? We're both of you in good terms? The information provided is not enough.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Ed12(m): 5:20am On Oct 08, 2023
Time will teach him lesson sir, do not do anything bad. Just continue to live well and fine. The prodigal son will find you after his begin begin to feast on his stupidity grin
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Johnchrix(m): 6:14am On Oct 08, 2023
From 18 years of age ur son became a man. By law he is old enough to buy a car, build, travel even get married.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by KIDfurniture(m): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2023
What did you do to your son ?
Just cos you are his earthly father doesn’t mean he can’t make decisions on his own. First tell us what you did to your son? Some fathers should be deleted on certain occasions . Awon irresponsible parents will never experience joy.

MrUchenna1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Sisters Born In 9 Months, Not Triplets But Same Age (pictures) / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.