Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,423 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. (30974 Views)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by DavidEsq(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You want to teach teach 37-year-old man a lesson for finally wanting to live his life his way? undecided

Mental health problems too plenty for Nigeria abeg! undecided
Wallahi πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by yommen: 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
Blackman and his arrogant mentality. You gave birth to him. You didn't create him. If you try anything to harm that boy, it will backfire on you o.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by alizma: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?
You didn't explain in details what actually happened, so I can't help u.
If you refused him your blessings because he was marrying the daughter of the lady with big bombom who turned down your advance some years ago but accept that of a boy younger, older or richer than you then, telling you how to teach him a lesson is like joining you to commit evil
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Qatar2022: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Simply grant him your blessings and wish him well. Shun the idea of meddling or interfering with his life.
You people can't ask him a question
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by temitimx19(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?
At age 37,you still want your son to marry with your approval, you are a wicked man sir. You don't want your son to progress, you want to control and tie him down like a goat.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Princeton92(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
Exactly what you're trying to do I am a victim of it please let your son go with your blessings
Thanks πŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by maasoap(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
What do you mean by "without your permission"? Like he didn't inform you or you didn't approve his fiancee or you gave him some conditions which he didn't meet?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Govocrete: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
Buy him a house, and a new car, then forgive him.

Come to think about it, you did not tell us what happened in the past.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by donbrowser(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2023
NaBanga:
Anyone who thinks like this has been a wicked person all their life. The son of such person would try to avoid their evil ways, thus shunning them from one of the most important days of their life. Most Nigerians have evil in their minds and hearts, but not all do. Hopefully the son cuts off the head of the snake next time and ends these "lessons" for good.
Check very well, he's most likely not in support of the marriage or doesn't like the girl.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by dododawa1: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
African parent still nursing a 37 years old boy RANSOM

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by jaxxy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

it's not must for a 37 year old man to get ur approval or anybodys approval. However it would be good if u gave ur approval or advise depending of what u feel about his decision.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by oskobi: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Pls leave him alone u have lived Ur life allow him, he made his choice, probably u are not a good father to him that was why he never seek for Ur approval.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by zelnababa(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2023
You should be ashamed that your son is getting married @ 37.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by MightySparrow: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Give him another wife.
grin
At 37, he is not supposed to marry?
I can figure it out, you have been preventing him from getting married. The guy is tired of overbearing behavior from you Sir.
Call the couple and give them your blessings.

Any evil thing you against them will tell on your generation.
Don't start.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Socratiz: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
This complaint is not complete.

You need to tell us the nature of relationship you have with him.

Why do you think he took such a decision without your input?

Have you been a loving and understanding parent to him?

How about the mother? Are you living together with her?

Though at 37, your son does not necessarily require your permission to marry but culture demands that he keeps you in the picture.

There must be a reason he didn't involve you.

Unless we know the reason, it would be presumptuous to pass any judgement

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by pixypixs(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
This is the more reason he should flee from you!

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by tbliss22(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
Clocking 37 alone as a single man should bother you as a father....

To God be the glory he found his feet.... Wicked parents like you are still around in every state in Nigeria.

If you're in that age range and still trying to find your feet and also praying to settle down, may your dream come true.... Amen

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Slynation(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Lol...we now know why he didn't inform you!! You have taught him enough lessons in the past πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Blackdisciple(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Rubbish...

A 37 yrs old you should be blessing him..

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by tintall(m): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
The "lesson" you're hoping to teach him presumably through aggression or keeping grudges, can be discussed over a bottle of cocacola and ironing out your issues like grown adults, if any of your care enough about your father-son relationship.
MrUchenna1:

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by adabaraabdul: 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
Zanzibar1:
What kind of lesson? He has his own life to live and his own path to walk.
If he makes a mistake choosing the wrong spouse, let him learn on his own

Normally by age 30-33, a man should be married. But if he is unable to find his feet, he might marry late. So if he is getting married at 37, it's partly the father's fault.
like seriously??
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by solreb: 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
What has been your relationship with him?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by drizzle0007(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Teach him a lesson? Terrible mindset
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by rockinrobin: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Clap for yourself, I see the reason he got married without informing you.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by roughneck: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
I'm not even 37 yet, but my marriage will be 8 years next month.. your Son is old enough to take decisions and mistakes are absolute. When you die, are you going to be teaching him lessons from going against your wish from your grave? Let a man live his life. You have done your bit, may God bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by kkfada(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
See his intention of not letting you know then you will understand him if you don't talk to him as a father and give your blessings.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Succezcard(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2023

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Dancebreaker: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Sir, you mean the son of your 37 years old son or the same 37 years old son/man? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

If you married at at the same age of 37, you would be 74 years old now. In 9ja, life expectancy is under 60. So do the kids of those who died at 60 or below seek permission to marry from parents' grave? shocked shocked

Is there some jazz that you don't want him to marry at 37?

This is not your daughter o oga. Or the bride will pay dowry on your son's head in your culture? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oga face front.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by int0x80(m): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

You must be a wicked father, why does he need your approval before getting married? All these wicked baby boomers sef. Go rest old man!
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Ubanz: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
From the way you sound, you and your son has been in a sour relationship.
But how come your in-laws didn't ask of you.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Blitzking: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
Which kind permission.all he requires is your blessing and just show up.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by goshen26: 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
At 37 you should be the one celebrating around that he got married .

Ain't you worried he has stayed longer than expected?

Pray for him and move on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Traditional & Church Wedding / Wife Surprisingly Paid Her Husband’s Long-term Loan (video) / How Do You Feel When Your Husband Spends Most Of His Time Glued To His Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.