Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. (30908 Views)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by frozen70(f): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?

Teaching him a lesson is like dealing with yourself

Go and find a way to reconcile with him because you guys are not really in good terms

But if you insist on dealing with him

You are shooting yourself on the leg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by juman(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2023
You have been a bad father, that why he avoided you.
Many do likewise. If the father is useless person. Just do your things.

Your son supposed to be your friend if you were a good father.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by FatimaAbbas(f): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2023

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by SouthSouth1914: 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?

You are definitely not in his life. Move on and be happy for him. You are a terrible father and also an entitled slowpoke! You should have said what you did to him!

4 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
Get him books on how to handle his family well and teach him your personal experiences with her mother, so that he can tolerate his woman
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by rickleye: 3:49am On Oct 06, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Dude what lesson ?
Why must he ask your permission to marry when you clearly didn’t contribute a dime . He doesn’t respect you nor want anything to do with you.
Ask for his forgiveness and see if you can patch the relationship so at least you can see your grandkids
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by CodeTemplar: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
You sure say you no use am collect money and long life for him to ignore you?

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by capnies: 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
mariahAngel:
Forgive and pray for him with all your heart to retrace his steps.

You know, even though we do wrong, God still loves us because God is a loving Father.

THE SAME GOD THAT SEND SOME OF HIS CHILDREN TO A FIRE THAT DOESN'T QUENCH?. DOES GOD HAVE A DUAL PERSONALITY.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by GboyegaD(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
What lesson do you want to teach a 37year old man who chose his path? If you do not support him and the wife he chose, let him be. If he comes around for your blessing, decided if you want to give or otherwise. If he comes for help and you can't render, let him know.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by DrAda(f): 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
Why does he need your approval? But most importantly, why do you need to teach him a lesson? A 37 year old full-fledged man! Your own son. Terrible

Unless you had him as a teenager or in your early 20s, your reasoning is not at par with someone in his mid 50s or 60s

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by paskal16: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
He’s 37 years approaching fourty
What does he need your approval for?
You both should just sort your communication issues like two grown adults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Forget about teaching him a lesson. Leave judgement to God senior man.

Any son marrying against is parents wishes make a very foolish decision and only the mercies of God that keep that man.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by MrsTwrite(f): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
Haba! Papa pls forgive your son, he needs your blessings now.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Sleekfingers: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Chop off his head

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by JayVicky: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Put a bounty on his head nah. Mtchew. Rubbish. Is he a kid? Or are you God?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Sleekfingers: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

I believe you know that, we are in the 21st century
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Donaldsmartguy: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
PLS DONT TEACH HIM A LESSON SIR,, HIS STILL YOUR SON
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by BigDawsNet: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Of it was my own son i brought up and trained!.. i would Call hm.. grant him the blessings
Den tell him to take care of his own shit right on spot...

From then he will face the good side and other side of life alone...

Not a good advice tho..
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by excanny: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
A 37 year old still needs your approval?

Let him live his life old man.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Tajsagay(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
are you giving him approval or blessing?

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Angelfrost(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
Children who dishonor their parents by marrying without at least informing them or introducing their would-be spouses to them are really foolish and misguided.

Yes, there are parents who refuse to endorse weddings outside their religion and tribes, but still make the effort to convince and carry them along before going on with the wedding... Not outrightly sidetracking your family when taking such decisions.

Some will tell you that as long as the Church and God blessed the marriage, they are good to go.

This rubbish called Wokeness go wound una las las.

That's why a lot of you guys get lost and depressed when or if Divorce happens... Why?!! Because you have burned that bridge called Family! Your first family... Your family of birth and lineage.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Draslo(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
You must be a very terrible father. Good riddance!
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by ariesbull: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
Ignore him, watch them from afar trust me give him years from now he will come begging...talking from experience
MrUchenna1:
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by 7upnigeria: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

At your age, is this what you should be thinking about. You failed to create a united and prosperous family and that's why your son is marrying at 37 YEARS.

It's clear you have created a WAR ZONE FAMILY where members only think of how to outdo each other instead of collaborating to help one another. How will harming your son benefit you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by highoctane: 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Which lesson? Come to my court for some briefing

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by easiest(m): 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Sir, you don't need to do anything for him to teach him lesson God will definitely teach him a lesson he deserve as long as you've not forgive him.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by ariesbull: 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
how much ?
ailronelle:
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Ezmans: 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
go buy ak47 & kill him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by 1950Mack: 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
minakom:
Many 37 year old sons no get parents again. You better pray and stop complaining sir/ma
hehehehehe ... funny but true... it's grace to see your kids clock 40... with the short life expectancy in this country now.... shebi na when you de alive you go de dictate for your pikin... as dem de mature let dem make their own decisions and only pray it's well with them grin grin grin
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Antoeni(m): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
The OP Just Sounded Like Chiwentalagu Or Patient Ozorkwo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by fayomim: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
Kuku Use juju fight him op

You want to teach a 37years old man a lesson...if not for Nigeria and economy wahala, a 37years old man suppose don born finish and already preparing for retirement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Sisters Born In 9 Months, Not Triplets But Same Age (pictures) / Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.