Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. (31005 Views)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Morbeta11(m): 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
He wants to rule in his world...
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by BMlova(m): 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?

Na because of this ur bad mind. reason he’s not inviting u
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by phemmyfour: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?
Mind your business, let the boy breathe and make his own decision
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by BouquiLake: 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
My daughter got married to your son without my aproval too... I want to teach her a course shocked cool cool

Yeye man, at 37 you are still dragging permission with an adult... wait sef, how old is that Traore man in Burkina faso? Or Macron in france?

You'll

MrUchenna1:
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by purples25(f): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
It is so absurd to me. You still want to control your son at 37 years. It seems so weird and odd to me.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by tochez24(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Sometimes we want good for our own people but they want the best for themselves...

I don't know what happened but just take it that your SON feels safe with his woman and that's why he married her against all odds.

Instead of thinking of how to punish him, why not bless them instead and let them be♂️

Try to be in good terms with your son and let him know you're with him and you have forgiven him even though you didn't support them at first.

It's a small world sir🙏
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Offpoint1: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Your permission as how? He only needs your blessings and not permission.

If you don't want to grant him your blessings, he's got his own life to live.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Aybiochem: 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2023
Approval sorry archaic thinking allergy yeah need approval to get a job too
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by ussv: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
he does not need your approval, this is 2023. we cannot continue to choose life partners for people. If his spouse ends up being a bad choice, let him find out by himself. Divorce is allowed in every country.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by enemyofprogress: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
He doesn’t need your fokn permission. Wake up and face reality or you’ll lose him forever. Permission my foot!
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Urexcellency: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
nobody is asking what happened before he made that decision, somebody should please ask.
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by enemyofprogress: 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
Offpoint1:

Your permission as how? He only needs your blessings and not permission.

If you don't want to grant him your blessings, he's got his own life to live.
dont mind him. His son will even need his permission to impregnate his wife
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by yad2eidi: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Mr uchena your son doesn't need your permission to get married. Na your want Bleep him wife.
Cut his preek. Roast it and eat it with roasted agbado to teach him a lesson. Mr teacher
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by LordErrk: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

37yrs no be pikin again o. He's more than old enough to do things without your approval

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by enemyofprogress: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
Morbeta11:
He wants to rule in his world...
no mind am
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by LikeAking: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
malvisguy212:
why will you say such thing ? if your son did this to you, how will you feel ? we all need the blessing of our father.

Stop been superstitious..

Which blessing of the father?

My son can marry without inviting me..

It’s his choice..
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by VIKTO83(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
Imagine if a father of European, American can say this.
Judging from ur name which u made sure we know u are Mr....i wonder what u will do to someone who fails to address u by ur assumed titles.
U want to teach him a lesson? Ok...buy rat poison ad poison him.
Me ur son breath oga
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by squad1: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
37 years? Your approval? I think na you dey suppose teach lesson.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by almarthins(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

You wan teach a 37year old man a lesson?

Na him wan live life be that!
Make u just leave am, make life teach hard lessons. No let the devil use take do examples for others.

First of all, tell am wetin him do no right at all. Put in a position wey go make am see wetin no right in the face of God and man.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Faithy04: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
Check yourself very well maybe there have been a way you have been opposing him before the actual married
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Lamanii22(f): 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
minakom:
Many 37 year old sons no get parents again. You better pray and stop complaining sir/ma

Funny but true
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by DaddyJapan(m): 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

You sound like someone who can only frame marriage in terms of mosaic laws. grin
He is 37 for crying out loud, and at an age when some are already on to their second or third marriages.

Listen, you need to give him your blessings.
Let him live his life - the only one he has - while you live yours too.

I hope your angst finds a place for safe landing sometime soon.
As a parent, even my mind gets exercised occasionally by some of the decisions my children make - until I remember that they have their own agency in life. cool
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by creepsyme(f): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
You sound like a wicked and bad father.
I will like to hear his side of the story.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by tallfish145(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
Angelfrost:
Children who dishonor their parents by marrying without at least informing them or introducing their would-be spouses to them are really foolish and misguided.

Yes, there are parents who refuse to endorse weddings outside their religion and tribes, but still make the effort to convince and carry them along before going on with the wedding... Not outrightly sidetracking your family when taking such decisions.

Some will tell you that as long as the Church and God blessed the marriage, they are good to go.

This rubbish called Wokeness go wound una las las.

That's why a lot of you guys get lost and depressed when or if Divorce happens... Why?!! Because you have burned that bridge called Family! Your first family... Your family of birth and lineage.
Most sensible post here but the father should should please forgive the son and move on
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by DavidEsq(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
NaBanga:
Anyone who thinks like this has been a wicked person all their life. The son of such person would try to avoid their evil ways, thus shunning them from one of the most important days of their life. Most Nigerians have evil in their minds and hearts, but not all do. Hopefully the son cuts off the head of the snake next time and ends these "lessons" for good.
I agree with u, absolutely. I avoided them in mine too

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by UYEMDO35(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
The story no clear.....
So many questions need to be attend to before we will know who is at fault
Did u ever offended him in anywhere?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Powersurge: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

U haven't tell us the whole story. At what point were you culpable?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Angelfrost(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
tallfish145:
Most sensible post here but the father should should please forgive the son and move on

Definitely, he will... The bond of family is almost unbreakable.

The son will eventually have to make the move for reconciliation.

If his wife is a virtuous and wise woman, she will insist on it and even help the process of reconciling father with son.

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by DavidEsq(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
extremelygolden:
Teach him a lesson ko, teach him a tutorial ni.

The best lesson to teach him is to go get him a worthy wedding gift and keep praying for the success of his marriage, and stop living in the past, Sir.

Make sure not to interfer in his marriage unless you want to give him fatherly advice on how to have a successful marriage.

And lastly, don't try to mistreat someone's daughter with the excuse that she ought to have said no to the marriage until your grown son seeks your consent. Because that's what you'll finally do since your son refused to be controlled by you. She's now your daughter-in-law and must be well taken care of.

We're all observing you cheesy from Nairaland, ok?
😂😂😂😂
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by mejetov422: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
You nor tell us wetin sup, so allow that guy man make him rest

MrUchenna1:
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by youngrichnigga: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2023
Why don't you just copy the entire thread from Quora to post here; or you want us to believe this happened to you in real sense undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by 12345baba(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
It's worrisome that ur son was single at that age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Feel Pity For My Uncle / 7 Ways You Can Stay Madly In Love With Your Husband / Lady And Her Father Recreate Throwback Photo Of 23 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.