Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. (30905 Views)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge / My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Yoighaman(m): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?

What kind of a father were you to him while he was growing up?

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by SirLakes: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
Why did he not carry you along with the plan undecided
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Ubdavison: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
There is something ur not saying.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by flokii: 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2023
Forgive him and move on.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Don1987(m): 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
My 37-year-old son got married without my permission. How can I teach him a lesson?
Gal.6:7 what so ever man sow he will in future. His children will do it to him. You don't need cause him
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by rexchazy(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
You are a foolish father, you are part of the reason Africa remains were it is. 37 years and you want to control the life of your son.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Charly68: 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
You don't need to teach any lesson,since he has chosen to go into it without your blessing ,the marriage to God knows woman will serve him the real lesson sooner or later. He will turn back to apologize to you when the lesson is been served to him in the way he would understand. I recall my father's objection to my senior Sister's wedding & the woman ran away without her father's blessing .several years later the husband ran away with another woman and my Sister's began to learn in a hard way . It was her landlord that advised her to return back to her father when the affliction became too much and she couldn't pay her rent. God has a way of teaching us sacred lesson when we refused to learn in an easy way . Just begin to watch and see what will happen .
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Levels1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
You are growing older and losing strength while he's just coming up with strength.

You have labor on him and you are almost getting to the stage to ripe .

You need him more than he ever needs you now because of old Age.

Correct him with love and make him see reasons.

Bound well like ever before and save yourself against future.

Remember he's married and the wife might influence is decisions when you have no strength to push casuse of old age.

PEACE
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by buzorcharles(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Mr teacher u think he will remain a boy for ever? Oga bless him and move on.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by SalamRushdie: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

Is he your slave that he needs your permission to marry at 37? It seems you have witchcraft inside U and that's why he is avoiding U
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by SalamRushdie: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
Yoighaman:

What kind of a father were you to him while he was growing up?
Even from his tone you can tell he was a useless father

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by erico2k2(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Sorry you just got thought a really good lesson. Now you just lost a son.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by erico2k2(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Even from his tone you can tell he was a useless father
This is rude!
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by ogbevireo(m): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
Permit me to say you sound like an enemy rather than a concerned father.

You want to teach your son a lesson for marrying workout your permission.

Your son actually did the right thing by ignoring a person like you. You are not a friend to your son, you are a foe. That is exactly why he isn't seeking your permission to live his life.

MrUchenna1:
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Which lesson? A 37 years old man?๐Ÿ˜ž
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
OkukoIgbo:

which mercies of God?
Fake pastor.
A man will leave his parents house and join to his wife and become one with her, your bible no get that one?
IF his parents were bastards, he should keep doing what?
ALL of una na bastards though.

Thanks for your opinion ๐Ÿ™
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by OnionBandit(f): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
With all due respect Sir, should you come here to ask this kind of question from people who are predominantly children? People who don't know what it feels like to have a child, let alone training one? Why must you teach him a lesson?
If you know the power you have as a parent, you would just keep your fingers crossed and wait for that day God will make him understand. Taking any action will result in a major loss for you.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Timothy89(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
your Question shows why he doesn't want to inform you in the first place

no child we hide the day of joy from parents that stay with him when he needed them most
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by sanya4good(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
Why didn't you give him approval sir.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Pateebartex(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
With due respect sir, I think we can talk when we hear your son's part of the story. At age 37 you're still looking for a way to deal with your son?
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Whatisurproblem(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
you expect us to tell you to kill him right? Oya go and kill him, you don't know this generation has changed, all you need for him is prayers and your blessings, but wait, what happened between you two to warrant him hid such from you
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by reservd(m): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:
Tell us your part of the story, why should a son get married without his father's consent
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by iamtardey: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2023
Na this kind papa dem suppose dey flog
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by henriaino: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
Pls don't teach him a lesson. Just be praying for him. He will soon realize the importance of a father.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by sacajawea: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
Hahahahahaha!
Thanks for the comedy bro
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by MamaletASO: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
You want to teach him lesson?

Ok.

Kill yourself

..and see if he will cry
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by fabolouz1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
I have not seen anywhere in the Bible not traditional beliefs where an adult need the permission of their parents to get married.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by malvisguy212: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
LikeAking:

He doesnโ€™t need ya approval..

We are in a modern world ..
why will you say such thing ? if your son did this to you, how will you feel ? we all need the blessing of our father.
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Ekugbeh(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
Go to his house and tell him e Bleep up, flare it up there and settle the score
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by newoffer: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
Lesson teacher. Only one sided story
MrUchenna1:
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Storypot: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
MrUchenna1:

No wonder your son cornered you. You have been a bad father from the onset. It's why you can talk about him not getting blessings from you but you didn't talk about what you did wrong. Stooooopid
Re: My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
cry Maybe his wife is 'O'su' and that's why Mr Uchenna is angry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Sisters Born In 9 Months, Not Triplets But Same Age (pictures) / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / Couple Welcomes Set Of Twins Twice In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.