Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? (21660 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Man Eating And Sleeping In A Restaurant In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 11:33am On Oct 07, 2023
Chetas81:
foooooolish man business is business, only foooooolish citizen like you mix business with relationship, it's your choice to bring your business into the relationship, not everyone Choice
You're an irresponsible I'd!ot if you have to pay for food in your wife's restaurant. In fact, you're not a man. I used to think some people were useless until I met you. Now I know that everybody is useful. At least you can be used for a bad example.

Irresponsible man that pays for food in his own house. It's your kind that gets locked out for returning home late

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Chetas81(m): 11:35am On Oct 07, 2023
englishmart:
With your vivid imagination, how many books or movie scripts have you written?
Ode.
ask me again idiot, this are idea of shithole citizen like you, with this your sick response
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 11:36am On Oct 07, 2023
Chetas81:
ask me again idiot, this are idea of shithole citizen like you, with this your sick response
Oga, your sound imagination is useless if it ain't paying you. You don't even know when to use the word "imagination" lame ass nigga

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Chetas81(m): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2023
englishmart:
You're an irresponsible I'd!ot if you have to pay for food in your wife's restaurant. In fact, you're not a man. I used to think some people were useless until I met you. Now I know that everybody is useful. At least you can be used for a bad example.

Irresponsible man that pays for food in his own house. It's your kind that gets locked out for returning home late
BLACK AFRICANS CITIZEN MENTALITY, THAT IS WHY YOU GUYS REMAIN LIKE THIS IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by greyvirgo(m): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
We own a restaurant here in the UK called Yettis Kitchen

I do pay, give extra tips and when I bring my friends over... I cover t the entire bill as well.

For me... I tend to sometimes order over the phone to test the customer service and also feedback on quality

A business must never be mixed with a personal mindset... Its an entity entirely functioning on its own.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by ahnie: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
If he's a good husband....No
But if otherwise....your guess is as good as mine!
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by jonnieoneng: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
englishmart:
If a wife owns a restaurant, is her husband supposed to pay after eating?

This is a straightforward question.

For the first few years till the Restaurant breaks even, the Husband has got to pay for his meals. It's a Business outfit where profit is being targeted. He should support his Wife.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by abidemidare: 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
My wife owns one, I do pay anytime I eat there, despite the fact that I'm the one that established her.....
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by wirinet(m): 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
greyvirgo:
We own a restaurant here in the UK called Yettis Kitchen

I do pay, give extra tips and when I bring my friends over... I cover t the entire bill as well.

For me... I tend to sometimes order over the phone to test the customer service and also feedback on quality

A business must never be mixed with a personal mindset... Its an entity entirely functioning on its own.

Yes, you (or your friends) must pay when you bring your friends over. That's part of marketing, you are bringing your friends to patronise your wife's business.

You feeling hungry and ordering food for yourself is another thing entirely.
Except you are telling me you were/are not involved in your wife's business at all, then she can be excused for charging you for eating at her restaurant. Even at that she is still obligated to feed you and not leaving to be eating at restaurants.

I have lots of experience with restaurants in London. They give staff some free food. Even Macdonalds allow staffs to eat a free meal (excluding the expensive foods).

Those Nigerians screaming business don't mix with relationships don't know the fundamentals of business. Business is about building relationships. Relationship with your staff, relationship with your investors and certainly relationships with your customers. I currently run three business and sometimes I have to bend over backwards to build and maintain my business relationships.

Asking your husband and children to pay for food in your restaurant is a very bad idea. One day you too will definitely need a favour or help from your children or husband, how will you feel if they bill you?

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by drimzsmoke(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2023
Lance008:

Why must you visit the restaurant why can't you eat at home
If you must visit you must pay Na business

If you no won pay you no go fit eat your your satisfaction

You can pay and get your money back at home that's called maturity

Nairaland people ehnnn, so I can't go to my wife's shop to pick her up abi

Secondly, if I were to be a doctor, and my wife should complain of headache. Is she going to pay 5k consultation fee before I speak to her
God will help all you nairaland people!!!
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by drimzsmoke(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2023
wirinet:

Yes, you (or your friends) must pay when you bring your friends over. That's part of marketing, you are bringing your friends to patronise your wife's business.

You feeling hungry and ordering food for yourself is another thing entirely.
Except you are telling me you were/are not involved in your wife's business at all, then she can be excused for charging you for eating at her restaurant. Even at that she is still obligated to feed you and not leaving to be eating at restaurants.

I have lots of experience with restaurants in London. They give staff some free food. Even Macdonalds allow staffs to eat a free meal (excluding the expensive foods).

Those Nigerians screaming business don't mix with relationships don't know the fundamentals of business. Business is about building relationships. Relationship with your staff, relationship with your investors and certainly relationships with your customers. I currently run three business and sometimes I have to bend over backwards to build and maintain my business relationships.

Asking your husband and children to pay for food in your restaurant is a very bad idea. One day you too will definitely need a favour or help from your children or husband, how will you feel if they bill you?

Who are you sir!!!πŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏ
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by UncleKoboko: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
PricelessGem1:
No, because her husband owns her and her restaurant.No peace for ME
MY USELESS OLD HAG WHΓ“RE MOTHER
MY DRUNKARD OLD FOOL FATHER
and MY entire generations till eternity and beyond in Jesus mighty name Amen!!!.
WOE BETIDE ME AND MY ENTIRE GENERATIONS

WHATEVER I LAY MY HANDS ON, I SHALL NOT PROSPER TILL THE END OF TIME.
Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Soya Beans Cake / Woman Refuses To Pay For The Food She Ate In A Restaurant, See Her Reasons. / How To Make Wara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.