Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? (21564 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Man Eating And Sleeping In A Restaurant In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by essentialone(m): 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
If a wife owns a restaurant, is her husband supposed to pay after eating?

This is a straightforward question.

If a husband owns a restaurant, is his wife supposed to pay after eating?

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by treatise: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Whoever eats must pay.
Small businesses must thrive.
Gbam
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by tunjijones(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Whoever eats must pay.
Small businesses must thrive.

So if the husband is a taxi driver, the wife wld have to pay anytime he takes her out with the car.

Make Una dey reason na.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by guru90: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
I WILL NOT NEAR THAT RESTAURANT, WE WILL ONLY BE SEEING AT HOME AFTER MY WORK AND HER WORK......
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by saysoo: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
My wife has a small buisness and the profit not much,so I always help her when am around. After preparing she will package some and give to me for free. Guy I will take style reject and tell her the profit is small or sometimes I will pay. For years, unknown to me she was in pains that I rejects her supports. Since then, that product will be well taken for free.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by larrypappyy(m): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2023
I pay whenever I buy anything from my wife.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Gratefullheart: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
If it's the man that owns the restaurant...and the wife came to eat....would the wife pay?
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Sportstrader24: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Yes I will pay and I will never eat at that restaurant without paying or if am not with money. Try to wave off anything that will being insult to your person and dignity. If she insist that I should not pay the I won't eat there period. When you understand women and their nature then you will find it easier to live with them.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Maobichek: 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
A wise man would pay after eating to encourage his wife and also to avoid future stories like "it's because of the free food you've been eating that's why my business crumbled"

"A wise man," let me use my Dad as an example: my Dad bought major food stuff in bulk. Things like: bags of rice, tubers of yam, stock fish, dry fish, groundnut oil, etc. My mom only buys the basic food stuffs like tomatoes, meat, maggi etc.

"A wise man." All my days in my parent's house, most times, my Mom will buy with her own money and my Dad will always reimburse her and gave her much more than she spent.

If my Mom own a restaurant and my Dad enters there to eat, my Mom will personally serve him and wouldn't demand a kobo from him; she would even thank him after eating ok.

A wise man doesn't give when the wife demand for it, he provides what his family needs. Things have changed but still, there are wise men out there taking care of their families, thank you.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by enemyofprogress: 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nazgul:
The husband doesn't have any business going to that restaurant.

His wife would always prepare his food for him at home.
see answer. Na so una dey fail interviews and exams.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Tektronics12: 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ofcourse, he should pay and gives Tips. That's how busuness should be run.
englishmart:

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by zhirkovrado(m): 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
Will your father pay if he eats?
This is deep, best comment so far!

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by wirinet(m): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
Menclothing:

So the wife own a 5 star restaurant that some meals are way too expensive the husband should be going there to eat it till business crash

If you need food go home for the food prepared by wife not Staff and business
If the restaurant like let it be 10 star, i will still find it insulting for me to pay. I know a lot about restaurant business, I have worked in a 5 star restaurant before (not in Nigeria though), my wife currently runs a small eatery I opened for her. He sales girls practically kneel down to greet anytime I walk in, so if i ask for snacks, the sales girl will ask me for money. That day, it is me that will sack the girl.

No matter how many stars the restaurant is, the production cost is the same and its extremely cheap. Believe me the actual cost of the food ingredients is very cheap. I drive my wife to mile 12 every last Sunday of the month to buy food ingredients both for the house and the shop. So i know how much she spends on preparing her snacks.

When my office was on V/I a childhood friend and his wife open a very thriving restaurant on V/I. Just because the guy and I were very close, my friend and his wife told their staff not to be collecting money from me whenever I order food. This was an expensive restaurant. Shame was even catching me then, that I rarely ordered for food. Most times, I send my partner to go and buy the food. So if a friend's wife could show such love and magnanimity, then what about her husband?

Imagine a wife asking her husband to pay for food he eat in her restaurant. That's not a marriage but a business arrangement. It seems most Nigerians have forgotten the meaning of marriage.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
whether he decides to pay or not , there should be no problem .
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by enemyofprogress: 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
I will only pay if I go with my friends to eat there, but if na only me, she should forget it, e don go, o ti lo

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nazgul: 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nextt:
Saying that the husband has no business going to the restaurant is just shallow thinking. No offense intended. He should have working and experiential knowledge of her business, and many times this is done by paying her visits on occasions.

There would be serious hidden problem if neither of them knows the details of their partner's business dealings.
You're the one misunderstanding the topic which says should a husband pay if he eats in his wife's restaurant?

The topic is about whether or not he should pay or visit there to eat.

Your argument about having knowledge about her business is way out of line. Cos I believe every man should know that.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Dochido(m): 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2023
I owned a restaurant when my wife come around she eat without paying
She have her own shop when I go there I will pay for everything I took from her shop
I give her feeding money weekly

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Chibuiken: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
Some ppl just ask stupid questions without the right thinking faculty
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by UYEMDO35(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Jennyclay:
I won’t be bothered if he pays or not.

But I will always have my way of collecting back x10 of every single amount he ate in my restaurant without him even knowing.
Ever since I've been following your comment you always have wrong impressions on your comment box.

2 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by wirinet(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
Dochido:
I owned a restaurant when my wife come around she eat without paying
She have her own shop when I go there I will pay for everything I took from her shop
I give her feeding money weekly
Food is different from goods. Its the responsibility of a wife to privide food for her husband, and likewise it is the responsibility of the husband to provide for food for the wife.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by juman(m): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
wirinet:

We are not talking about his friends. It's not the wife's duty to feed her husbands friends. Her duty stops with her husband and the children.

Relationship is different.
I think a grossly irresponsible husband has to pay.
The wife knows how to collect multiple of that food money from a responsible husband.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by prikato: 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
Idiots in the house, that is how you people will run down business because it is my wife, husband, brother, sister, relative eatry so because of the you wouldnt pay.let me honest, that will run down or the husband will be putting money into it once in 3 month otherwise such business will run down.book keeping is important in business.learn to improve not spend the little profit in it
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by NovusHomo(m): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Yes, it is a business. And, by the way, he is paying himself.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by gregng(m): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nazgul:
The husband doesn't have any business going to that restaurant.

His wife would always prepare his food for him at home.

And if he must go, let him pay for hos food.... Even pay more sef
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
What is good for the goose is good for the gander

If the husband owns the restaurant and the wife eats and pay in like manner the husband should eat and pay. But you don't expect the husband to eat and pay when the wife isn't expected to eat and pay .

There should not be different laws for the husband and wife, they are in a team and their goal is to achieve success for the benefit of the team.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Chetas81(m): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:
Will your father pay if he eats?
Idiotic response
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by TheGift: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

My grand uncle owns a resort somewhere in Lekki. I remember going to visit Him there once, after many years of not seeing.

As we sat by the pool a waiter came and took our orders, attending to us like everyone else.

When we were done the waiter came with a bill, my grand uncle reached in his wallet and paid. Then the waiter reminded him of some other outstanding from earlier, and he paid. Even though he owned the entire place. That is how to run a business by not mixing it with pleasure or familiarity.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by wirinet(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
juman:

Relationship is different.
I think a grossly irresponsible husband has to pay.
The wife knows how to collect multiple of that food money from a responsible husband.
So why will the husband give the wife money, when she herself is so selfish that she can't forgo a few hundred naira in real terms for feeding her husband. The food is not not even considered sacrifice, because if the husband eat at her restaurant, he will not be able to eat at home again. That saves the woman the effort and ingredients for cooking for the husband at home.

Meanwhile, he must have paid for the food stuffs at home apart from contributing to her food business.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by vikstandon(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Yes or make he wash plate if em default.

Business is Business... Unless she is making provision for the food she didn't cook in the house.

If you want your business to outlive you, take away sentiment.
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Truvelisback(m): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2023
If her business is doing well, i won't pay but if it isn't doing well(i.e no market), i may pay and even support her business with some money(i.e ifshe is nice to me and respects me as husband).
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ain't payin shìt😌
We family 🤗
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by juman(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
wirinet:

So why will the husband give the wife money, when she herself is so selfish that she can't forgo a few hundred naira in real terms for feeding her husband. The food is not not even considered sacrifice, because if the husband eat at her restaurant, he will not be able to eat at home again. That saves the woman the effort and ingredients for cooking for the husband at home.

Meanwhile, he must have paid for the food stuffs at home apart from contributing to her food business.

You wrote as if its only husband that provide for the family.
No.
Many families, the mother is the main breadwinner.
As I stated before if the husband is good man that usually do his best on family finance, surely he would eat free of charge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Wara / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / Bread Business In Nigeria; Demystifying The Bakery Industry Myth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.