Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me (44264 Views)

I Do Not Want To Japa But What Business Can I Start With 4 Million Naira. / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 07, 2023
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Kobojunkie: 4:18am On Oct 07, 2023

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by samask64: 5:28am On Oct 07, 2023
wwwkaycom:
THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY FROM A FRIEND, HE SENT IT TO A WHATSAPP PLATFORM WE BELONG TO. I AM SEEKING ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE FOR HIM HERE PLEASE

My childhood friend is based in Texas, USA. He traveled out 12 years ago. Actually I work with government in Nigeria with a salary of 180k per month. It is becoming increasingly tough to take care of family responsibilities so early this year, I started making moves to relocate to US or Canada. But the issues surrounding japa are quite enormous so I reached out to my friend to seek his advise, suggestions and possibly financial loan which I will pay back. He gave me some important reasons why I shouldn't migrate. He spoke about my age, no technical skill, finances, leaving known for unknown and difficulties faced by new comers in America. I didn't agree with these reasons even though he sounded genuine. I left him and started making other moves but eventually realized I still needed him. 8 months later, I spoke with him again, he repeated the same reasons why I shouldn't relocate. I am not 50 yet, I know a 56 year old man who relocated to Canada late last year and today his family members have started faring well here in Nigeria. Infact, his son who is presently rounding off his NYSC will be moving by march next year so what is the fuss about my age? I have made up my mind to stop seeking his support and carry my cross myself. Please my people, can you link me with people or organisations that can offer genuine services towards JAPA on this platform or elsewhere?
Thank you all.

You can reach out to us on 09167957538
Ksltravels
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Deasegun19(m): 6:09am On Oct 07, 2023
Karleb:
But if you are jobless and wants to marry at 37, your friends and family will agree it's a good thing.

Oga, go now before dollar gets to 2k.

They are enemy of progress.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Beremx(f): 6:41am On Oct 07, 2023
Offpointng:

Worse enemy? How?? what are you japaing for Abroad without having a skill??

Or dem tell you doing menial jobs like cleaner is able to get you a bed space and cover ur bills?? It's irritating how y'all hate to hear the truth. Disgusting lots sad
must you have a Skil to travel abroad? Go and sit down my friend! Many have travelled without skills and they have made it. Stop discouraging your fellow Nigerians from traveling. No be only una need better life.
Nonsense

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by ihatebuhari(f): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2023
Please distance yourself from such a friend. you don't need any useless skill to make it in abroad

That your friend is your enemy. I'll only advise you as you're making your plans to come to the US just try and learn trailer driving like three months once you get here they'll teach you better for your age it would be the best job for you.

15 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2023
Wujio:
If your mind is there, then your destiny and blessing is there !

Na lie. Don't be brainwashing people with this kind of message. You will send some one to hell one day!!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Wujio: 8:17am On Oct 07, 2023
gaius01:

Na lie. Don't be brainwashing people with this kind of message. You will send some one to hell one day!!

The word of God says the Spirit of a man searches the Heart of God. Whatever is strong in a man's spirit is the counsel of the Lord

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Elvis2kay: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2023
shocked
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by fredoooooo: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2023
Your life your decision..

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by PepeXKermit: 8:19am On Oct 07, 2023
wwwkaycom:
THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY FROM A FRIEND, HE SENT IT TO A WHATSAPP PLATFORM WE BELONG TO. I AM SEEKING ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE FOR HIM HERE PLEASE

My childhood friend is based in Texas, USA. He traveled out 12 years ago. Actually I work with government in Nigeria with a salary of 180k per month. It is becoming increasingly tough to take care of family responsibilities so early this year, I started making moves to relocate to US or Canada.

But the issues surrounding japa are quite enormous so I reached out to my friend to seek his advise, suggestions and possibly financial loan which I will pay back. He gave me some important reasons why I shouldn't migrate. He spoke about my age, no technical skill, finances, leaving known for unknown and difficulties faced by new comers in America. I didn't agree with these reasons even though he sounded genuine. I left him and started making other moves but eventually realized I still needed him.

8 months later, I spoke with him again, he repeated the same reasons why I shouldn't relocate. I am not 50 yet, I know a 56 year old man who relocated to Canada late last year and today his family members have started faring well here in Nigeria. Infact, his son who is presently rounding off his NYSC will be moving by march next year so what is the fuss about my age? I have made up my mind to stop seeking his support and carry my cross myself.

Thank you all.

my brother go and experience it yourself, because when they tell you, you never want to believe it. the mans family is doing well, is the man doing well? grin

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by verybadmouth(m): 8:19am On Oct 07, 2023
Your friend wants you to continue suffering in Naija 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by armyofone(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2023
I think if no skills then one must have the money. It is either have the skills or have the money to take you there. Not by asking or assuming other person take the financial responsibility to help you to travel.

Maybe your friend is discouraging you because you are indirectly asking for his financial help.

12 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Greatbrand32: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2023
America for that matter. The land of milk and honey, the place you can go to with only boxers and in 5 years time you will become very very okay.

Please block that fool you called your friend. I don't know about any other country, but if you enter America legally and you are not lazy, you will become a millionaire in Nigeria standard in less than 5 years legally!

16 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by SirLakes: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2023
The friend go soon call you make you dey help him supervise the estate wey he dey build grin

If you supported Buhari and still gave your vote to APC again... your japa dream will not be a success grin

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Felix6: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2023
Except God has destined you to prosper there, I will strongly advise you to heed the advise of your friend. I don't want to say much.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Theunbothered: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2023
wwwkaycom:

My childhood friend is based in Texas, USA. He traveled out 12 years ago. Actually I work with government in Nigeria with a salary of 180k per month. It is becoming increasingly tough to take care of family responsibilities so early this year, I started making moves to relocate to US or Canada.

But the issues surrounding japa are quite enormous so I reached out to my friend to seek his advise, suggestions and possibly financial loan which I will pay back. He gave me some important reasons why I shouldn't migrate. He spoke about my age, no technical skill, finances, leaving known for unknown and difficulties faced by new comers in America. I didn't agree with these reasons even though he sounded genuine. I left him and started making other moves but eventually realized I still needed him.

8 months later, I spoke with him again, he repeated the same reasons why I shouldn't relocate. I am not 50 yet, I know a 56 year old man who relocated to Canada late last year and today his family members have started faring well here in Nigeria. Infact, his son who is presently rounding off his NYSC will be moving by march next year so what is the fuss about my age? I have made up my mind to stop seeking his support and carry my cross myself.

Thank you all.

I support your friend, after foisting the calamity called Tinubu upon us you want to japa. You are very stupid! angry

You must stay and enjoy the Tinubu you voted for. Even if you find a way to leave the country, they will deport you immediately.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Theunbothered: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2023
Beremx:
must you have a Skil to travel abroad? Go and sit down my friend! Many have travelled without skills and they have made it. Stop discouraging your fellow Nigerians from traveling. No be only una need better life.
Nonsense

Tinubu supporters don't deserve a better life abroad, they must enjoy the Nigeria they voted for by force! angry

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by abobote: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2023
He is selfish, don't listen to him. If it doesn't work for him, does not mean that it won't work for you

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by ehikwe22: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2023
Artiiclebeast:
You are calling a closet enemy a friend?

I pity you, bro.

He gets a hard-on from reading about and knowing that he's doing better than you economically and material-wise and all the respect and worship you've been according to him will become a thing of the past.

Most of them hate competition and always revel in the reality of being the ones at the center of all attention.

Even if you are 50 and able to move to the U.S., get serious, work legitimately for the next 5-7 years, and call it a wrap, you will have successfully settled your downlines and created a wonderful retirement plan for yourself with proper planning.

Move, if you can, and with the right plans and connect.

It is good to skill up, but if you ain't got it, you ain't got it and it isn't the beginning and end of life.

There are a ton of zero-skilled jobs where you can make the equivalent of what you currently earn in a month in Nigeria in just a single day..yeah, you heard me right, in a dayyyyy.

You sound like a man that's never left his village. I live in Europe and I can tell you what Nigerians are facing here. You'll face depression for several years unless you were brought in by a close family member that's a citizen with good jobs and established. It's worth the trouble but many people don't want their person to pass through all that

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Mosba: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2023
You never ready to japa, when you are ready, the only person who can discourage would be someone who himself decided to pack his loads come back home in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by oneMalik: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2023
Confusion is lack of Vision !

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Btruth: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2023
...... there's no harm in trying bro. Who knows if your goodness is on the other side? Don't be discourage, give it a shot. With God's on your side, nothing is impossible.

I wish you well in Jesus name 🙏

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by panetog: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
I hv a friend in uk that kept telling me it is hard over to there and withing 4 months he invited mum who is still there with him and relocated his sister with her husband n 2 kids last week.

If you Make up ur mind, do it.
lol n he is saying it's hard, yet he dey relocate family

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by wittywriter: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2023
Skyview01:
I will advise you not to Japa now. Not yet. E get Y

Very soon, Canada will be visa on arrival for Nigerians.
I trust Tinubu and our able minister of Interior.

Just wait about 5 more years and you will thank me and your friend later.
What kind of sarcasm is this?

Wittyness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by obembet(f): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2023
wwwkaycom:

Thank you all.

Just tell your friend to come back home and advice u

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Greatbrand32: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2023
ehikwe22:

You sound like a man that's never left his village. I live in Europe and I can tell you what Nigerians are facing here. You'll face depression for several years unless you were brought in by a close family member that's a citizen with good jobs and established. It's worth the trouble but many people don't want their person to pass through all that
why not come back to Nigeria. You people should shut up and stop saying rubbish. Come back to Nigeria now as Europe is too hard.

Lazy ass

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Mirasteel: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2023
Your friend is not a true friend.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Rebuker(m): 8:28am On Oct 07, 2023
Just go, if you have the money, but hv a plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJEzEvf_95Q
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by ChristineC: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2023
then stay there discouraged.
it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Kobicove(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2023
Just know that if you move abroad without any skill you will end up in a dead-end job which can be very frustrating undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Officer Returns 600,000 Naira To Accident Victim / Nigerian Man Collapses, Dies On A Flight From Dubai To Luwanda. Do You Know Him? / Cost Of Living In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.