Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me (44287 Views)

I Do Not Want To Japa But What Business Can I Start With 4 Million Naira. / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Artiiclebeast: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
BigIyanga:

Mago mago travel agent learner dey look for victims.
Tell us those jobs/fields and we go run am thru BLS for you to expose your starterpack mago mago . You have no freaking idea what BLS does without Google.. then this topic is above your beer parlor convo league.

grin grin

Wahala

Sorry, you hear?

It is well.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by BigIyanga: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
Artiiclebeast:

grin grin

Wahala

Sorry, you hear?

It is well.
Another learner with empty head wey fit accommodate Sambisa forest.
U think u dey whine Naija japa folks??
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by tonero230(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
Offpointng:

Worse enemy? How?? what are you japaing for Abroad without having a skill??

Or dem tell you doing menial jobs like cleaner is enough to get you a bed space and cover ur whole monthly bills?? It's irritating how y'all hate to hear the truth. Disgusting lots sad

Why didn't he tell him about learning a skill before coming, instead of telling him not to come at all.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by jesmond3945: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Basicend:

That what majority of those dudes don't know. . It's funny. . Look, in Canada now, rent alone is $1,200 per month. . Yes, I mean per month.

Not to talk of Wifi or telephone, insurance, TV and so on. .

The only good thing I can say (coz am in Nigeria now) to an intending immigrant from Nigeria is that foods will be available regardless of your status in those countries.
is a capitalist economy. Did you mention your wage per month which I believe will take care of this even as low income earner.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by oskobi: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
Is it Ur friend that want to foot all the bills for Ur travelling.. Guy do wat u want to seek advise from people that have Ur best interest.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Fearyourcreator: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
jrusky:

Same dog still vomiting thrash
The boy don mad finish
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Fearyourcreator: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
fearyourcreator, helinues, jrusky and other miserable RONUs. Those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets of Nigeria wouldn't think twice if they should throw the opportunity at them. Una politicians don eat their future join their own
Your papa get money why you never go ... oloriburuku
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Fearyourcreator: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
jrusky:

Same dog talking under another moniker. You this boy you no get shame at all only you have over 7 different account here.

Your parent no see pikin born at all, haba. See a new name you used again under your Fearlifeshit7.

Anini and Osumbo dey learn work for where you dey. Na wa oo.
The boy na goat
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Fearyourcreator: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
fearyourcreator, helinues, jrusky and other miserable RONUs will tell you not to relocate. Same places their Master emilokan and other politicians are trooping on a daily basis with our commonwealth resources to give their kids world-class healthcare, education and bought properties.

Barren women should thank their Star they're barren. It is better to be barren than have those oldies as children
Truth is you are on nairaland wasting away... call those you know building those houses to help you na.. or your papa no rich again...
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Emmanuelofph: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
data analysis, cyber security, software dev. etc...
what about digital marketing? Seo? Copywriting?
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Rodinat: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
Good luck to you.
You are not someone you know,do you know their financial strength?
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by sukkot: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
being:
Lol@...unless he has special Grace
This sukkot is just a wicked somebody!!

I don't why people just want to take a very high risk for little to no reward.. imagine an almost 50 yo man sitting in govt chair all his working life doing nothing at work now wanting to go and do manual work..For what? His govt job is a secured one-- he is earning 180k - most likely in a cheap state like ekiti... What is he looking for up and down?

lol i completely agree with you. that my post was to protect me from those who would say i am wicked because i am anti japa. but here you are calling me wicked for being pro japa. i cant win lol

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by 9ty4our: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
Tell your friend to come back if he thinks Nigeria is best, also ask him why he is still there and has not come back to Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Osombo: 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
πŸ–€πŸ€πŸ–€πŸ’ͺ apt, we rise by lifting others
Artiiclebeast:
You are calling a closet enemy a friend?

I pity you, bro.

He gets a hard-on from reading about and knowing that he's doing better than you economically and material-wise and all the respect and worship you've been according to him will become a thing of the past.

Most of them hate competition and always revel in the reality of being the ones at the center of all attention.

Even if you are 50 and able to move to the U.S., get serious, work legitimately for the next 5-7 years, and call it a wrap, you will have successfully settled your downlines and created a wonderful retirement plan for yourself with proper planning.

Move, if you can, and with the right plans and connect.

It is good to skill up, but if you ain't got it, you ain't got it and it isn't the beginning and end of life.

There are a ton of zero-skilled jobs where you can make the equivalent of what you currently earn in a month in Nigeria in just a single day..yeah, you heard me right, in a dayyyyy.

*Edited*

For those quoting me to say what they know nothing about or just getting pissed that I might be encouraging people to come compete with them, I no blame una, it is the usual hoarding of information by Nigerians because they want to be the only ones making it and revered in their locality.

In the U.S., every other nationality are united and supportive of themselves with information and intelligence sharing to prosper together. But Nigerians? Neverrrr. Dem go dey buga dey talk from nose...

Come see Haitians, Moroccans, Kenyans, Hispanics, all having agencies and supporting their people with jobs to survive....

I met a Nigerian grandmother who came here for omugwo. We got talking. Grandma was like, "my pikin, why e be say those our people wey don tey here dey always lie to us" I say "mama, I no know oh".

Mama was like "you no see my new car for outside there, na me dey make $6-7k per month like this depending on how many hours I work. I dey softly dey build apartments for Benin to use for shortlet.."

Kapish
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by izibili44: 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
My brother you don't need such people oo. I was facing same thing too. I took my destiny in my own hand. I might not be in the biggest Europe country. But this small country I dey coded, I dey chop pass people wen dey big Europe self.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by 0rion: 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
Lots of silly people in this believing that when you arrive abroad your life magically becomes better.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by micxwell(m): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
Wujio:

The word of God says the Spirit of a man searches the Heart of God. Whatever is strong in a man's spirit is the counsel of the Lord
Lie!
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by InvertedHammer: 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
sweetgala:

Are you advising he should over stay his visa so he can go be a Lyft driver or how is he even meant to Japa to start with.

Abeg that kind uncertainty hustle is for the young not for someone who has a family dependent on him

/
If he is willing to take the risk, why dissuade him? Experience is the best teacher.
US or Canada are not enforcing Immigration Laws like Europeans.
Once he lands there, he can start working on his asylum papers---Boko Haram is after his life for preaching against Islam.
The reasons are endless. Heroes are not fearless but are those who conquer their fear.

/
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
Emmanuelofph:
what about digital marketing? Seo? Copywriting?
not sure about that.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Truth is you are on nairaland wasting away... call those you know building those houses to help you na.. or your papa no rich again...
Poor RONU man talking πŸ˜‚

Agege old manπŸ˜‚
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
0rion:
Lots of silly people in this believing that when you arrive abroad your life magically becomes better.
leaving naija alone make your life better
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
jrusky:

Same dog talking under another moniker. You this boy you no get shame at all only you have over 7 different account here.

Your parent no see pikin born at all, haba. See a new name you used again under your Fearlifeshit7.

Anini and Osumbo dey learn work for where you dey. Na wa oo.
if i am not the owner of the moniker then your life will continue to deteriorate. Amen. You are serving emilokan today. Your children and grandchildren shall serve emilokan children tomorrow. Amen

Olodo wey no sabi anything for FBI. I will rather die than have multiple accounts on nairaland because of you miserable RONUs wey useless πŸ˜‚
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by kunle75(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
wwwkaycom:
THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY FROM A FRIEND, HE SENT IT TO A WHATSAPP PLATFORM WE BELONG TO. I AM SEEKING ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE FOR HIM HERE PLEASE

My childhood friend is based in Texas, USA. He traveled out 12 years ago. Actually I work with government in Nigeria with a salary of 180k per month. It is becoming increasingly tough to take care of family responsibilities so early this year, I started making moves to relocate to US or Canada.

But the issues surrounding japa are quite enormous so I reached out to my friend to seek his advise, suggestions and possibly financial loan which I will pay back. He gave me some important reasons why I shouldn't migrate. He spoke about my age, no technical skill, finances, leaving known for unknown and difficulties faced by new comers in America. I didn't agree with these reasons even though he sounded genuine. I left him and started making other moves but eventually realized I still needed him.

8 months later, I spoke with him again, he repeated the same reasons why I shouldn't relocate. I am not 50 yet, I know a 56 year old man who relocated to Canada late last year and today his family members have started faring well here in Nigeria. Infact, his son who is presently rounding off his NYSC will be moving by march next year so what is the fuss about my age? I have made up my mind to stop seeking his support and carry my cross myself.

Thank you all.

I believe the part about you getting a skill set,because those skills will leverage you quickly even when you don't have any papers, but you can do whatever you want at any age you want it.
Just be determined and be ready to go through alot of mental and physical stress.
When you eventually made it to the states, remember nobody will help you with a dime,its all for your self but with a strong desire to succeed you can become anything, am a prime example. But what works for me might not works for you.
Make sure you follow the legal path and don't ever try to circumvent the system because it will come back to bite you, welcome to America in advance.
My penny
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Fearyourcreator: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:

Agege old manπŸ˜‚
Your papa rich, you wan die for nairaland... keep playing... Omo baba alagbede
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Fearyourcreator: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:

Agege old manπŸ˜‚
Your papa rich, you wan die for nairaland... keep playing... Omo baba alagbede grin
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
Felixv:
I think he meant the US and not Canada. I too was wondering how he would retire and earn a pension while working illegitimately -this is definitely a tough call

in the US you need to work for at least 10yrs before you earn your 40 points which then qualifies you for the state pension. And how much you get at 65/67 depends on the amount of money you contributed into the system. Note that only greencard holders and US citizens quality for the state pension.

What about health care -without health insurance you are living a risky life. I guess there are probably some charitable hospitals that might render some free services.

What about driving ,rent ,transportation and then the actual type of work you would need to do.

My point is be prepared for a hard life and good luck. I hope the guy does not end up in federal prison like a huge chunk of Nigerians.

we have a huge population currently serving time in prison for different type of offences.
Those America prisoners are far enjoying than most average Nigerians that are not in prison.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Your papa rich, you wan die for nairaland... keep playing... Omo baba alagbede grin
Old Agege man🀣

Go and get married or tell emilokan to do mass wedding for the RONUs
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by ednut1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
sharpwriter:

Caregiver Ε„kọ́ grin wink
same care visa they are charging 10k pounds to runs it for UK
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by TheBillyonaire: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
ignorance is your middle name.

Not really, my pseudo middle name is Oniah. My pseudo first name is Billy. So call me Billy Oniah, or Billyonaire.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by madampresident(f): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
My 1 piece advice is this:

It is better to try and fail than not to try at all.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Oyindaberry(f): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
being:
Retire where? In Canada shocked? Back to Nigeria? You are the enemy without realising.. You want a man in his 40s(assumed) to goan start all over again in subzero weather. The man is without I.T, medical, or technical skills or big4 experience.. He would most likely have to do manual work at that age in very cold weather. He wouldn't have so much to save after bills, the culture is going to be shocking to him, he will experience systematic racism.. the only thing he will have better is better health care & more organised system.. but these are not worth the disadvantages!!!!

Spot on!
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by sharpwriter(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
ednut1:
same care visa they are charging 10k pounds to runs it for UK
Yeeparipa.. shocked shocked shocked 10k gini shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' / Woman Blasted For Photoshopping Her Trip From Kenya To China (Hilarious Photos) / Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.