Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me (44330 Views)

I Do Not Want To Japa But What Business Can I Start With 4 Million Naira. / I Want To JAPA But I Am Really Confused / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by yusman14(m): 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Nigeria is probably estimated to be 220 million. I bet you 210 millions are poor. 95% of that poor population would prefer to live in US or any other developed countries to work and earn a living than remain in perpetual poverty in Nigeria
A lot of Nigerians are rich too. For the past 7 months that I have been in Lekki, I noticed almost everybody is rich. The kind of testimonies I do hear in the church I attend here ehn..something like ; I just established a 200 million naira start up and everybody sees it as normal thing. Depending on your environment, Nigerians are rich too.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by emperor4love(m): 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
yusman14:
A lot of Nigerians are rich too. For the past 7 months that I have been in Lekki, I noticed almost everybody is rich. The kind of testimonies I do hear in the church I attend here ehn..something like ; I just established a 200 million naira start up and everybody sees it as normal thing. Depending on your environment, Nigerians are rich too.
de play boys go tell you de koko make all use bitcoin nd startup de disguise ,men way de push work on low with money laundering matters
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by panini(m): 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
I've read enough comments and thoughts in the past to always know you should not discourage people from doing stuff. You'll be labelled a hater.
Please go ahead and find out by yourself, fates are different. It didn't work for A, doesn't mean it wouldn't work for B. But still, nothing is certain.
Sadly, these decisions are harder when children are in the picture. To any young graduate struggling with underemployment here or harsh business environment, I'd say gamble it away and go for legal ways of hustling. You're young enough to recover.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by VULCAN(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
A fork lift driver in US after taxes earns far more than a Professor in Nigeria.

It takes less than 3 months to master driving forklift.

There are more than 30 skills that he can choose from and learn in six months.

Is it that you are blind to the opportunities or you are just pretending not to see them?

There is plenty than a fit man of 50 abroad can do that an unfit man of 30 cannot do.

being:
Retire where? In Canada shocked? Back to Nigeria? You are the enemy without realising.. You want a man in his 40s(assumed) to goan start all over again in subzero weather. The man is without I.T, medical, or technical skills or big4 experience.. He would most likely have to do manual work at that age in very cold weather. He wouldn't have so much to save after bills, the culture is going to be shocking to him, he will experience systematic racism.. the only thing he will have better is better health care & more organised system.. but these are not worth the disadvantages!!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by maasoap(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
ihatebuhari:
Please distance yourself from such a friend. you don't need any useless skill to make it in abroad

That your friend is your enemy. I'll only advise you as you're making your plans to come to the US just try and learn trailer driving like three months once you get here they'll teach you better for your age it would be the best job for you.
You are in USA and hating Buhari in Nigeria? It is time you changed your moniker to ihatetinubu grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by maasoap(m): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
panini:
I've read enough comments and thoughts in the past to always know you should not discourage people from doing stuff. You'll be labelled a hater.
Please go ahead and find out by yourself, fates are different. It didn't work for A, doesn't mean it wouldn't work for B. But still, nothing is certain.
Sadly, these decisions are harder when children are in the picture. To any young graduate struggling with underemployment here or harsh business environment, I'd say gamble it away and go for legal ways of hustling. You're young enough to recover.
The problem for many is finance
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by maasoap(m): 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2023
SirLakes:
The friend go soon call you make you dey help him supervise the estate wey he dey build grin

If you supported Buhari and still gave your vote to APC again... your japa dream will not be a success grin
Theunbothered:

Tinubu supporters don't deserve a better life abroad, they must enjoy the Nigeria they voted for by force! angry
These ones dey carry bitterness up and down
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by xyzando: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
My first advice to you is this; do not listen to an obvious enemy who is masking as a friend. What you intend to do falls under the term “economic migration”. This is practiced by millions of people who are even citizens of the world’s richest countries. For instance, you currently have over 3 million British citizens living/working in E.U. and they mostly migrated for economic purposes. This is a country where you will earn a minimum wage of at least £10.90 per hour (average 8 hour work shift per day) even cleaning gutters. In effect, an unskilled U.K. citizen earns at least £80 per day. Anybody discouraging you is lying from the pit of hell. For instance, you have over 800,000 Nigerians living in U.K. and I have not been able to count up to 0.00001% (8 people) who have said they are going back to Nigeria. Only children of top politicians do that here because their parents have stashed stolen wealth in Nigeria. Despite this, they still obtain their dual citizenship so don’t be fooled. There is so much abundance in developed countries and their leaders toil endlessly to provide this abundance.

Personally, I migrated to the United Kingdom with my family at the age of 50 and my life has never been the same. I upskilled and was able to get a corporate job where hourly rates start from an average of £17 per hour. Please note that you may need to upskill if you require a corporate job except your background is in hard sciences like Information Technology, medical sciences etc. However, you can also earn as high as skilled workers if you learn a hand skill before migrating such as plumbing, carpentry, auto mechanic etc.

The only major challenge I faced was coming into U.K. with a toddler. Unlike Nigeria where you can easily employ a nanny or bring family members to assist with child care, it is too expensive to employ a nanny here. As such, I and my wife had to work different work shift patterns (I did night work-shifts while she did day-shifts) so someone was always available for my toddler. However, some people may not find the night-shift work uncomfortable as I love to sleep.

On the overall, life is absolutely brilliant in any developed country - you will never lack work and the quality of life is marvellous. Simply share all your bills with your partner, as they do here, and each will have good savings in so far you are not an extravagant or hedonistic individual. There is even abundant work for teenagers if your kids are at this age. My friend’s 15 year old son earns £800 every month and they only migrated to U.K. last year. Your wife can even pick up some hair dressing skills before you come. Over here, Nigerian women feel lucky to pay £120 for a two hour session of fixing braides.

Don’t fall for that Nigerian nonsense of “you can make it big in Nigeria”. Most of the people making these statements are even struggling and have been in this state for so many years of their lives. Also, this optimism is motivated by an infantile belief in some unscriptural faith or hope fuelled by greedy pastors and so called “Men of God”. I am not saying that one cannot make it in Nigeria but the environment is not supportive and encouraging. Most of our successful businessmen in Nigeria, top bankers included, engage in back door dealings with government officials, CBN, Presidency, governors etc. This is not a template that can be modelled like Amazon, Google etc because they are carried out in a clandestine manner. So why use individuals running these companies as a model you wish to replicate? Some talk about farming but who saves you from kidnappers and bandits who invade these remote locations? You have not even mentioned Electricity, access to cheap capital etc to run your business which is unavailable. Please take your ideas and burning desire to a developed economy and you will be shocked at how far you can go. You have to understand that Naira has been on a free-fall since our independence in 1960 while developed countries have been getting richer. You don’t have to be a Dangote to live a very comfortable quality of life in developed countries. You can easily drive Range Rovers, travel all over the world and live an exquisite life just from normal corporate work. People here don’t even hero worship Senators, billionaires, rich run-girls, governors etc as they are too busy and comfortable for that.

My final advice is that you should get cracking with your aspirations. Look for someone else to assist with your migration and leave that enemy you have been talking to.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Theunbothered: 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
maasoap:

How is it bitterness when we want the people who voted for Tinubu to enjoy the sweetness of his government? grin

Do you run away from enjoyment?

I say whoever votes for a candidate must be kept within the shores of this country until their candidate leaves, otherwise they should not be allowed to vote.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Wujio: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
BabaIbo:

You just reignited a dying flame in an aspect of my life with this quote.

I really appreciate bro.

wink
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
yusman14:
which your alot of Nigerians are rich too? Are you sure you're educated at all so? Even my old pop man wouldn't make this your statement claiming alot of Nigerians are rich 🤣

Does lekki represent the whole Nigeria?
Have you been to the 19 Northern region?
Less than 5% of Nigerians has up to 500k in their bank account if you don't know. There was a report that came out regarding that last year. Also considering your emilokan government has brought hardship into the country

1 Like

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Not really, my pseudo middle name is Oniah. My pseudo first name is Billy. So call me Billy Oniah, or Billyonaire.

you're very funny 🤣
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by DaCharis2016: 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
Pls my bro has a second class lower from National Open University of Nigeria in accounting and excess to relocate. How can he possibly migrate through study route or job route?
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by TheBillyonaire: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
you're very funny 🤣
It is always exciting to trigger some whimsical tickles.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by NnamdiN: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Willie2015:

Is it a bed of roses in Naija...?
so exactly are you against coz na the same thing we dey talk
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by pooozeee(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2023

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by DaCharis2016: 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
xyzando:
My first advice to you is this; do not listen to an obvious enemy who is masking as a friend. What you intend to do falls under the term “economic migration”. This is practiced by millions of people who are even citizens of the world’s richest countries. For instance, you currently have over 3 million British citizens living/working in E.U. and they mostly migrated for economic purposes. This is a country where you will earn a minimum wage of at least £10.90 per hour (average 8 hour work shift per day) even cleaning gutters. In effect, an unskilled U.K. citizen earns at least £80 per day. Anybody discouraging you is lying from the pit of hell. For instance, you have over 800,000 Nigerians living in U.K. and I have not been able to count up to 0.00001% (8 people) who have said they are going back to Nigeria. Only children of top politicians do that here because their parents have stashed stolen wealth in Nigeria. Despite this, they still obtain their dual citizenship so don’t be fooled. There is so much abundance in developed countries and their leaders toil endlessly to provide this abundance.

Personally, I migrated to the United Kingdom with my family at the age of 50 and my life has never been the same. I upskilled and was able to get a corporate job where hourly rates start from an average of £17 per hour. Please note that you may need to upskill if you require a corporate job except your background is in hard sciences like Information Technology, medical sciences etc. However, you can also earn as high as skilled workers if you learn a hand skill before migrating such as plumbing, carpentry, auto mechanic etc.

The only major challenge I faced was coming into U.K. with a toddler. Unlike Nigeria where you can easily employ a nanny or bring family members to assist with child care, it is too expensive to employ a nanny here. As such, I and my wife had to work different work shift patterns (I did night work-shifts while she did day-shifts) so someone was always available for my toddler. However, some people may not find the night-shift work uncomfortable as I love to sleep.

On the overall, life is absolutely brilliant in any developed country - you will never lack work and the quality of life is marvellous. Simply share all your bills with your partner, as they do here, and each will have good savings in so far you are not an extravagant or hedonistic individual. There is even abundant work for teenagers if your kids are at this age. My friend’s 15 year old son earns £800 every month and they only migrated to U.K. last year. Your wife can even pick up some hair dressing skills before you come. Over here, Nigerian women feel lucky to pay £120 for a two hour session of fixing braides.

Don’t fall for that Nigerian nonsense of “you can make it big in Nigeria”. Most of the people making these statements are even struggling and have been in this state for so many years of their lives. Also, this optimism is motivated by an infantile belief in some unscriptural faith or hope fuelled by greedy pastors and so called “Men of God”. I am not saying that one cannot make it in Nigeria but the environment is not supportive and encouraging. Most of our successful businessmen in Nigeria, top bankers included, engage in back door dealings with government officials, CBN, Presidency, governors etc. This is not a template that can be modelled like Amazon, Google etc because they are carried out in a clandestine manner. So why use individuals running these companies as a model you wish to replicate? Some talk about farming but who saves you from kidnappers and bandits who invade these remote locations? You have not even mentioned Electricity, access to cheap capital etc to run your business which is unavailable. Please take your ideas and burning desire to a developed economy and you will be shocked at how far you can go. You have to understand that Naira has been on a free-fall since our independence in 1960 while developed countries have been getting richer. You don’t have to be a Dangote to live a very comfortable quality of life in developed countries. You can easily drive Range Rovers, travel all over the world and live an exquisite life just from normal corporate work. People here don’t even hero worship Senators, billionaires, rich run-girls, governors etc as they are too busy and comfortable for that.

My final advice is that you should get cracking with your aspirations. Look for someone else to assist with your migration and leave that enemy you have been talking to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by online4business: 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
Offpointng:

Wish I can like this comment ah hundred times. It's really annoying how these folks hate to hear the truth. Like what are you actually going to do Abroad without a skill? what?? Even the better health care system, he won't enjoy cuz where's the money to enjoy it with a menial job?? he might enjoy the organised system but not fully cuz of racism and he's 8times more likely to be shot dead in that USA than he might in Nigeria.

It's pointless giving OP a go ahead if you don't want to be his assumed enemy
Who go shoot am the way Nigerian think gun kill every black man in us eeeey
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by SirLakes: 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
maasoap:

I go carry am.... you cannot put innocent people in trouble with your stupidity and want way out. Even if you leave, dem go deport you or you get implicated for what you know nothing about and end up in jail over there cheesy
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
xyzando:

I always shout this at the top of my voice. If you're not a politicians or related to one, high class cyber fraud and prostitution, if you're not from a rich or very comfortable background et al. The chances that you'd die poor in Nigeria like your parents are extremely high. If you tell me you know someone who's from a poor home in Nigeria and today he or she is doing pretty fine then I'd show you millions of Nigerians that are poor and can never boast of 500k in their bank account. Don't forget those lucky ones that are doing fine in Nigeria can get kidnapped, can be rejected at the hospital because of police report and lost their lives at the long run, can get bully and extorted by police, can get robbed by those poor Nigerians, no stable light, public school is like shit 200 students in one class with leaking roof, no chairs and desk students sit on the floor et al. You must visit mechanic every week if possible due to bad road that has been abandoned and money spent by one politicians that could barely string two or three words together to make a sentence while people lost their lives on the road on a daily basis.

My take is that anyone that can comfortably discourage anyone from relocating legally is nothing but EVIL

SOME discouraged because they don't have the resources to leave so they are looking for company. Some have tried several times without success and they assume abroad is not for them, while some are government paid agents. We have them on this platform discouraging Nigerians from relocating. They want them to remain in POVERTY or get kidnapped. Their plans is to increase poverty level before coming election so that Nigerians will queue again for cups of rice and beans.
Fearyourcreator, helinues, jrusky and other miserable RONUs are the agents 😂

They are miserable and they need company obviously the need for the discouragement. Only a fool will believe Nigeria government has anything to offer them

E go better 63 yrs old country😂
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by LaRosa01: 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2023
another mugu when him wife done convince to spend all him money,sell all him property to move to a land where you would become her slave.your friend dey advice you now ,you no dey hear.no allow any Nigerian woman deceive you,if you move you will suffer,not just outside but inside own na him go worst pass.secondly it takes an average of 5-10 year to settle in fully.

wwwkaycom:
THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY FROM A FRIEND, HE SENT IT TO A WHATSAPP PLATFORM WE BELONG TO. I AM SEEKING ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE FOR HIM HERE PLEASE

My childhood friend is based in Texas, USA. He traveled out 12 years ago. Actually I work with government in Nigeria with a salary of 180k per month. It is becoming increasingly tough to take care of family responsibilities so early this year, I started making moves to relocate to US or Canada.

But the issues surrounding japa are quite enormous so I reached out to my friend to seek his advise, suggestions and possibly financial loan which I will pay back. He gave me some important reasons why I shouldn't migrate. He spoke about my age, no technical skill, finances, leaving known for unknown and difficulties faced by new comers in America. I didn't agree with these reasons even though he sounded genuine. I left him and started making other moves but eventually realized I still needed him.

8 months later, I spoke with him again, he repeated the same reasons why I shouldn't relocate. I am not 50 yet, I know a 56 year old man who relocated to Canada late last year and today his family members have started faring well here in Nigeria. Infact, his son who is presently rounding off his NYSC will be moving by march next year so what is the fuss about my age? I have made up my mind to stop seeking his support and carry my cross myself.

Thank you all.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by maasoap(m): 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
SirLakes:

I go carry am.... you cannot put innocent people in trouble with your stupidity and want way out. Even if you leave, dem go deport you or you get implicated for what you know nothing about and end up in jail over there cheesy
Theunbothered:

How is it bitterness when we want the people who voted for Tinubu to enjoy the sweetness of his government? grin

Do you run away from enjoyment?

I say whoever votes for a candidate must be kept within the shores of this country until their candidate leaves, otherwise they should not be allowed to vote.
You know you are just being childish, all your rants doesn't affect anyone
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by standfit007: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
lol…please stop this joke. You seemed to forget the high(est) level of lawlessness here implying zero standards or nothing to write home about. Woods houses are standardized and tested to serve/fit for purpose. Don’t let us start with owners supervising and “managing” materials and/or regulators never visiting and/or looking south if they eventually visit. I mean, we have a lot that you know about on the lawlessness and “justice” procure(ment) by highest bidders.

Standards are a thing here! The gap is like from here to the heavens lol

planetx:
Houses in Nigeria are actually better built than the one's in the US, that are just basically flimsy wood.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Felixv: 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
I honestly get your point -but there can be no price put on our freedom. And American prisons are definitely not safe -rapes,murders and constant threats to one's life is a constant in those prisons.

Maybe the problems we face in Nigeria have given many of our youths a sense of hopelessness and I will never discourage anyone from escaping.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by sulaak(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets of Nigeria will grab the opportunity to eat whites shit without thinking twice

It's obvious that the Nigerian university system is useless if Nigerian graduates cannot be creative beyond cleaning white man shit.
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Cromagnon: 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
wwwkaycom:
THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY FROM A FRIEND, HE SENT IT TO A WHATSAPP PLATFORM WE BELONG TO. I AM SEEKING ADVISE AND ASSISTANCE FOR HIM HERE PLEASE

My childhood friend is based in Texas, USA. He traveled out 12 years ago. Actually I work with government in Nigeria with a salary of 180k per month. It is becoming increasingly tough to take care of family responsibilities so early this year, I started making moves to relocate to US or Canada.

But the issues surrounding japa are quite enormous so I reached out to my friend to seek his advise, suggestions and possibly financial loan which I will pay back. He gave me some important reasons why I shouldn't migrate. He spoke about my age, no technical skill, finances, leaving known for unknown and difficulties faced by new comers in America. I didn't agree with these reasons even though he sounded genuine. I left him and started making other moves but eventually realized I still needed him.

8 months later, I spoke with him again, he repeated the same reasons why I shouldn't relocate. I am not 50 yet, I know a 56 year old man who relocated to Canada late last year and today his family members have started faring well here in Nigeria. Infact, his son who is presently rounding off his NYSC will be moving by march next year so what is the fuss about my age? I have made up my mind to stop seeking his support and carry my cross myself.

Thank you all.
legal Japa or illegal?
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Cromagnon: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
I hv a friend in uk that kept telling me it is hard over to there and withing 4 months he invited mum who is still there with him and relocated his sister with her husband n 2 kids last week.

If you Make up ur mind, do it.
are you comparing yourself to his blood?
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
sulaak:

It's obvious that the Nigerian university system is useless if Nigerian graduates cannot be creative beyond cleaning white man shit.
I'm glad you know your government are useless entity
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by Fearyourcreator: 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2023
UnfairLife7:
I always shout this at the top of my voice. If you're not a politicians or related to one, high class cyber fraud and prostitution, if you're not from a rich or very comfortable background et al. The chances that you'd die poor in Nigeria like your parents are extremely high. If you tell me you know someone who's from a poor home in Nigeria and today he or she is doing pretty fine then I'd show you millions of Nigerians that are poor and can never boast of 500k in their bank account. Don't forget those lucky ones that are doing fine in Nigeria can get kidnapped, can be rejected at the hospital because of police report and lost their lives at the long run, can get bully and extorted by police, can get robbed by those poor Nigerians, no stable light, public school is like shit 200 students in one class with leaking roof, no chairs and desk students sit on the floor et al. You must visit mechanic every week if possible due to bad road that has been abandoned and money spent by one politicians that could barely string two or three words together to make a sentence while people lost their lives on the road on a daily basis.

My take is that anyone that can comfortably discourage anyone from relocating legally is nothing but EVIL

SOME discouraged because they don't have the resources to leave so they are looking for company. Some have tried several times without success and they assume abroad is not for them, while some are government paid agents. We have them on this platform discouraging Nigerians from relocating. They want them to remain in POVERTY or get kidnapped. Their plans is to increase poverty level before coming election so that Nigerians will queue again for cups of rice and beans.
Fearyourcreator, helinues, jrusky and other miserable RONUs are the agents 😂

They are miserable and they need company obviously the need for the discouragement. Only a fool will believe Nigeria government has anything to offer them

E go better 63 yrs old country😂
Call that man to help you travel... why you still dey here with all these easy life there... what are you still doing here .. lolzzzz... who is holding you back ...
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 9:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Call that man to help you travel... why you still dey here with all these easy life there... what are you still doing here .. lolzzzz... who is holding you back ...
Old poor man wey never see road to airport at his old age 😂

Na your mate be OP considering to give himself and kids a better life while you're in Agege serving emilokan. After you die your children will serve their children too😂

Agba okangbon looto
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by UnfairLife7(m): 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Only the man savings for one year go build better mansion for better location. House wey you no fit get till you die😂

Just a year savings o. I believe before December £££ go don reach 2k

I am happy and so proud seeing Nigerians making exploit to better their lives and family
Re: I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me by odinga1of: 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
Lungdick:
Based on my own understanding, the following are the ways you can migrate to the following countries:

USA:

-(illegal). Travel as a visitor and overstay your visa. You can do under the table jobs. Once you are caught, it's deportation and banning straight.
-study route. Maybe masters or PHD. Do you masters there, apply for a post graduate work visa. Pray you see an employer that'll sponsor you this period.
-business visa. You are to invest atleast $800000 minus tax, application fee etc. This will take atleast 18mnths to process.
-marry a US citizen
-if you have a family there, they can file for you
-DV lottery

Bros can Nigeria apply for DV lottery 2024?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Ekesons First Class Cabin In Road Buses Makes History / Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.